Mass stabbing in Australian Shopping Centre - UPDATE3: 7 Dead, multiple in hospital including a 9 month old baby (Mother has died)

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Another stabbing incident is being reported at a church in Sydney…heart goes out to my fellow countrymen in NSW. I hope our mental health system receives much needed investment and an operational overhaul

Kaos

Don't incels use that term to describe themselves quite openly? I know the likes of Elliot Rodgers and various reddit communities would describe themselves as such. Contrast to the term 'terrorist' which almost no one would openly admit to as being a motivation or classification of their actions.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
It is a very specific ideology and not a general description of women haters/abusers.
Googled it after reading your post.
a member of an online community of young men who consider themselves unable to attract women sexually, typically associated with views that are hostile towards women and men who are sexually active.
What a sad life.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Just because she was right about Greenwood, doesn't mean she's not a cnut of the highest order. I'm no Corbyn fan, but that tshirt speaks volumes about projection now. This bitch is a racist piece of shit and she will end up grifting like the others if C4 ever get the guts to sack her.
Absolutely full of shit she is. She knew exactly what she was saying originally.

nimic

something nice
Scout
If the trigger was a psychotic episode (which seems likely) then the motive will be, by definition, completely irrational and not because of any kind of ideology.

It’s so depressing the way the culture war extends its tentacles into everything these days.

Right wing: “Ooh a mass killing! Let’s hope it’s a Muslim!”

Left wing: “But he killed women! Fingers crossed he’s an Incel, that would be great!”
I understand what you're saying, but it's flirting with both-sides'ing given the "Muslim" claims were completely made up and based on assumption that only Muslims are terrorist (and that this was a terrorist attack) and the "incel" claims were based on statements from the police and the fact that he only targeted women (and men who tried to defend women).

But of course, if this is simply a case of untreated psychosis then the discussion about ideology is straight out.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
What a sad life.
Yes.

One of the first/most wel known incel killers crashed his car and killed himself just across the road from where my sin lived at Uni (not at the same time) in Isla Vista CA. The power pole still showed the scars of the crash. It made it seem very real and scary to us.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I hate the word Incel.
Agree. It reduces topics that are quite complex, like mental health and online radicalization, to "He's not getting laid, so he went on a killing spree". It's dumb.
Don't incels use that term to describe themselves quite openly? I know the likes of Elliot Rodgers and various reddit communities would describe themselves as such. Contrast to the term 'terrorist' which almost no one would openly admit to as being a motivation or classification of their actions.
It is a very specific ideology and not a general description of women haters/abusers.
Googled it after reading your post.

What a sad life.
Yes, it's not just a throwaway insult used online, it's a very real ideology and problem. We should take it seriously.

She's an awful person.
Absolutely full of shit she is. She knew exactly what she was saying originally.
She is a cnut. But worse than that, she knows exactly what she's doing with the victimised statements she makes. At least even that twat Baddiel seemed to call it out for once.

Withnail

Just because she was right about Greenwood, doesn't mean she's not a cnut of the highest order. I'm no Corbyn fan, but that tshirt speaks volumes about projection now. This bitch is a racist piece of shit and she will end up grifting like the others if C4 ever get the guts to sack her.
What an arsehole.

It's the usual shite of using a tragedy to further an agenda before the facts come out.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I understand what you're saying, but it's flirting with both-sides'ing given the "Muslim" claims were completely made up and based on assumption that only Muslims are terrorist (and that this was a terrorist attack) and the "incel" claims were based on statements from the police and the fact that he only targeted women (and men who tried to defend women).

But of course, if this is simply a case of untreated psychosis then the discussion about ideology is straight out.
Yeah, those are fair points. Although you do have to factor in the timeline of the different speculations. The muslim terrorist angle came out when we know nothing at all about the perpetrator (at least that's what I assume happened, redcafe did itself proud by not jumping to that conclusion but seemed like it did happen on Twitter?) The incel stuff came out when we already knew we were dealing with someone with a long history of mental illness and recently deteriorating mental health. There's a saying in medicine, when you hear hoofbeats its better to assume horses than zebras (although maybe not taught in med school in Africa!) And if you do assume zebras than chances are it's wishful thinking on your part.

decorativeed

I dislike her politics, and often find myself in disagreement with her, but there's no need for the misogyny.

Redlambs

You can only call a man a cnut so as not to be a misogynistic, apparently.
Now now, let's give @decorativeed the chance to educated us on what they mean. As surely it's not bitching about using the word bitch? It's certainly can't be the word cnut...I await being educated on how to better myself on how to talk about an evil "person" that they also "dislike"...

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Looks like no fatalities thankfully.
4 injured and the attacker arrested.

It happend at an Assyrian church and it looks like a proprtion of the congregation turned on the paramedics and cops attending when they attended to help.

Kinell.

Withnail

Now now, let's give @decorativeed the chance to educated us on what they mean. As surely it's not bitching about using the word bitch? It's certainly can't be the word cnut...I await being educated on how to better myself on how to talk about an evil "person" that they also "dislike"...
I've realised that username is decorative Ed.

I've been reading that as decorative weed for years

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Looks like no fatalities thankfully.
The pastor has been calling out the genocide in Palestine and has been heavily critical of Israel. Zionists in Israel have been celebrating him getting stabbed.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Some use it as a badge of pride.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
Another stabbing incident is being reported at a church in Sydney…heart goes out to my fellow countrymen in NSW. I hope our mental health system receives much needed investment and an operational overhaul
Is it only mental health to be blamed though? It sounds like there are some other disturbing issues at play here.

decorativeed

I just think some of the terms you used are widely accepted to be misogynistic. Some will agree, others won't.

decorativeed

Point them out and explain it to me please. How am I to learn how not to be misogynistic otherwise?
You've got the benefit on here of people like me and many others knowing from the other stuff you post that you're not actually a misogynist. Which is great for all concerned.

But if you attack a woman who's opinion you disagree with by calling her a bitch, that will inevitably carry with it the weight and history of that word and it's association with misogyny.

I'm sorry I've offended you by pointing this out.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
You've got the benefit on here of people like me and many others knowing from the other stuff you post that you're not actually a misogynist. Which is great for all concerned.

But if you attack a woman who's opinion you disagree with by calling her a bitch, that will inevitably carry with it the weight and history of that word and it's association with misogyny.

What other words do you suggest?

decorativeed

What other words do you suggest?
Well, if it were me calling her a racist piece of shit I'd have probably have just said "She's a racist piece of shit". I think that would have made the point just as well without it having potential to be read by strangers like I had a problem with women in general.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Well, if it were me calling her a racist piece of shit I'd have probably have just said "She's a racist piece of shit". I think that would have made the point just as well without it having potential to be read by strangers like I had a problem with women in general.
Meh, I think using the word bitch is fine. Rachel Riley has agency, she knows what she said. Personally I think it's a reach to associate it with misogyny, but feel free to disagree.

Redlambs

Meh, I think using the word bitch is fine. Rachel Riley has agency, she knows what she said. Personally I think it's a reach to associate it with misogyny, but feel free to disagree.
It was always a reach, but that's the world we live in I suppose. People want to be offended on behalf of others, even nasty evil bitches, if they can make themselves feel better about it.

I called Joey Barton a bitch the other day. He blocked me for it too, which actually proved my point.

I think you are looking for an outlet other than facing the fact of what Riley actually is. Yes she's a United fan, yes she used to come across as so wholesome (despite never actually being) and yes she was on the right side (in my opinion of course) of the Greenwood situation, but ultimately she's an incredibly nasty piece of work when you dive into it. Using the words "bitch" or "cnut" to describe her or anyone isn't the real issue here and we both know it.

And I can assure, you haven't offended me my friend, there's no ill will here. I just kind of hoped there would be something deeper at play is all. But in any case, this really isn't the thread to discuss this anymore considering what happened here. So I think it's time to move on.

decorativeed

It was always a reach, but that's the world we live in I suppose. People want to be offended on behalf of others, even nasty evil bitches, if they can make themselves feel better about it.

I called Joey Barton a bitch the other day. He blocked me for it too, which actually proved my point.

I think you are looking for an outlet other than facing the fact of what Riley actually is. Yes she's a United fan, yes she used to come across as so wholesome (despite never actually being) and yes she was on the right side (in my opinion of course) of the Greenwood situation, but ultimately she's an incredibly nasty piece of work when you dive into it. Using the words "bitch" or "cnut" to describe her or anyone isn't the real issue here and we both know it.

And I can assure, you haven't offended me my friend, there's no ill will here. I just kind of hoped there would be something deeper at play is all. But in any case, this really isn't the thread to discuss this anymore considering what happened here. So I think it's time to move on.
Fair enough, but I'm not looking for an outlet. I don't have anything positive to say at all about Rachel Riley.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
The pastor has been calling out the genocide in Palestine and has been heavily critical of Israel. Zionists in Israel have been celebrating him getting stabbed.
That is the most likely motivation for the attack but the bishop who was stabbed first is apparently also vocally anti LGBTQI+ and also a conspiracy theorist e g. Anti-vaccines, lock downs and bekieves government players stole the US election for Biden.

The police are calling it a terrorist attack now. Various religious leaders are calling for calm and the Police will be arresting lots of people for the riot that put cops in hospital and damaged 20 police vehicles (up to 500 took part). What a shit show.

Last edited: