Matheus Nunes - Wolverhampton Wanderers

mu4c_20le

We must be really skint because he is a very good alternative to FdJ. He ripped us apart only a couple of weeks ago too, so ETH has seen first hand what he can do.
That was Matheus Cunha no?

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
We are just never in for these obviously good players. Why?

Traub

We must be really skint because he is a very good alternative to FdJ. He ripped us apart only a couple of weeks ago too, so ETH has seen first hand what he can do.
Why would Nunes pick us over City?

Rojofiam

He's a ball carrier #8, exactly what we need. :D

A midfield of Nunes-Casemiro-Fernandes would very likely be way better than trying to mould Mount into that left sided #8 position...I really hope I will be proven wrong, though.

El Presidente

I’m pretty sure the club that spent needless 65M on Mount is not skint, just incredibly incompetent.

Wheato

Selling Cole Palmer for 45m and then signing Nunes for 47m is quite simply fantastic business.

They've improved the squad and barely spent any money in doing so.

Dr. T

I'm at a loss to explain how Wolves, after signing Nunes a year ago for £42m - effectively taking a very successful punt on him adapting to the Premier League - are now selling Nunes for £47m to city.

City either have the best transfer negotiators in the business. Or...?

m1tch

So Wolves buy him just 12 months ago for £42m and then sell him to City for £47.3m, despite him having 4 years left on his contract.

Yeah..... nothing fishy about that is there?

If we went in for him it would have cost at least £55m.

OmarUnited4ever

So Wolves buy him just 12 months ago for £42m and then sell him to City for £47.3m, despite him having 4 years left on his contract.

Yeah, they reported it was rejected and Wolves demanded a fee in the excess of £60m and now they accepted a £47m!!

AneRu

Selling Cole Palmer for 45m and then signing Nunes for 47m is quite simply fantastic business.

They've improved the squad and barely spent any money in doing so.
And you believe this? Wolves have a dodgy ownership with Mendes mixed up in it, City are cheating feckers... Wouldn't put it past both that there will be an under the table payment to make up the difference.

FerociousCorgis

yeah this isnt fishy in the slightest. And had united gone in for him think it wouldve started at 60 easy for negotiations by wolves. We shall see i guess.

Rojofiam

What a joke. :lol:

Mark Wuhlberg

Supports
Manchester City
€55m seems like a good deal in the current market for a 24yo - can’t help but feel Pep will turn him into an excellent CM in our system. Between Rodri, Kovacic & Nunes we have great cover in that position now.

This is the end for Phillips though.
We don't really know what position he'll be playing. He seems like a ball carrying box to box #8, people say he played as an 8 at Sporting, so he could also be playing alongside Rodri and alongside Kovacic. We'll see.

Journalists say the deal is £47m with no add ons. Tommy Doyle is going to Wolves on loan with a £5m option to buy. So it's a good deal.
Was going to say the same thing. £55 mill is a amazing price as well.
£47m

PSV

Accept a minor (at best) profit or sit with a player that's on strike. Sadly it's a straight-forward choice for Wolves. I think we've pulled some deals this way through the years as well.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
And you believe this? Wolves have a dodgy ownership with Mendes mixed up in it, City are cheating feckers... Wouldn't put it past both that there will be an under the table payment to make up the difference.
Or they just have better negociators than MU and many many, other clubs in the world.

And they got a plan. Not saying that they don't have many skeletons in their closet, they absolutely have, but this just sounds like sour grapes. There's currently no real reason for him to chose MU, or any other PL top club for that matter, over Man City. They sold Palmer who never had a real chance under Guardiola and never would have, to buy a player more suited to their system. System being the key word here. Palmer will do well elsewhere, imo. People might (rightly, most of the time) object to Man City's dealings, but they buy and sell smart. Furthermore, from a player point of view, it's just a no-brainer, especially with them now breaking that perennial CL mental block. They now have a bit more than just the financial pull.

No aiming at you personally, but I get the feeling that too many people are letting their bias getting in the way of facts.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
This is a profile of a player that we needed to pair with Casemiro in midfield. Press resistant ball carrier, comfortable receiving the ball in deeper areas and dribbling out of(evading) pressing.
Yup if a metrononic playmaker wasn’t available this sort of player who is a strong ball carrier and quite press resistant was the type we needed. At this point I’m not even surprised, we have consistently watched our rivals sign the midfielders we needed, for over a decade now.

edcunited1878

Publicly quoted fee is probably the baseline fee, with a large signing bonus from a shell company(s) and it is funneled to the selling club, agents, player, and maybe even buying club in some form of third party transfer consultant that is controlled by CFG.

Since when does a player move after 1 full season for the slightest of marginal gain on their initial transfer fee? And wages aren't an issue?

Bellingham had one or two very good years at Dortmund then went exponentially higher to Madrid. Makes sense.

Even di Maria went for a few million less after a poor season at United to PSG. But it wasn't as if he was totally written off as a loss because it was only 1 year from a player United desperately wanted to get rid of.

flappyjay

Or they just have better negociators than MU and many many, other clubs in the world.

And they got a plan. Not saying that they don't have many skeletons in their closet, they absolutely have, but this just sounds like sour grapes. There's currently no real reason for him to chose MU, or any other PL top club for that matter, over Man City. They sold Palmer who never had a real chance under Guardiola and never would have, to buy a player more suited to their system. System being the key word here. Palmer will do well elsewhere, imo. People might (rightly, most of the time) object to Man City's dealings, but they buy and sell smart. Furthermore, from a player point of view, it's just a no-brainer, especially with them now breaking that perennial CL mental block. They now have a bit more than just the financial pull.

No aiming at you personally, but I get the feeling that too many people are letting their bias getting in the way of facts.
Nah its definitely fishy. They buy and sell smart sure but you can't say this deal was down to good negotiating unless nunes was terrible. Especially with how much money was being thrown around, city themselves were ready to throw money for Paqueta.

Redstain

All these ideas about undercover payments is nonsense really its just good handlers on city's part with negotiations. Wolves get a replacement in the form of Doyle and have money to spend to reinforce the position.

I personally would have preferred him to Mount as an 8. You can't look at the people in key positions at United and be surprised other clubs can pull off good business.

edcunited1878

All these ideas about undercover payments is nonsense really its just good handlers on city's part with negotiations. Wolves get a replacement in the form of Doyle and have money to spend to reinforce the position.

I personally would have preferred him to Mount as an 8. You can't look at the people in key positions at United and be surprised other clubs can pull off good business.
It's not nonsense when there's a lot of precedence on City's part, found to have cheated but lucked out on a technicality

City offered significantly higher fee, which was originally declined, then comes back and has a fee significantly lower accepted with no add ons?

It's quite logical to question it. And players rarely go the other way to begin with and it's small amounts, just a loan and a 5M option?

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
It's not nonsense when there's a lot of precedence on City's part, found to have cheated but lucked out on a technicality

City offered significantly higher fee, which was originally declined, then comes back and has a fee significantly lower accepted with no add ons?

It's quite logical to question it. And players rarely go the other way to begin with and it's small amounts, just a loan and a 5M option?
How is it lower. It’s gone from €50+€5m to €55m straight up and a good young player on the cheap. Wolves have some FFP challenges and City / Nunes have clearly taken advantage of that. I suspect it wasn’t until Mendes got involved that City expected Nunes to even be available.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
How is it lower. It’s gone from €50+€5m to €55m straight up and a good young player on the cheap. Wolves have some FFP challenges and City / Nunes have clearly taken advantage of that. I suspect it wasn’t until Mendes got involved that City expected Nunes to even be available.
What does this mean? Mendes is always involved, he basically runs Wolves.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Hardly a bargain as some here liked to whine about, dude has a lot to prove, he was a standout in Wolves, but also was Kalvin Philips in Leeds.
I agree - he's a bit flavour of the month on here cos he had a good game vs us (even though Cunha was actually better), but he's been hit and miss since joining Wolves. I do think it's a good transfer for City but as usual, the overreaction on here is a bit silly. The easy swipes at Mount, EtH or the club are also unsurprising but disappointing.