Matheus Nunes - Wolverhampton Wanderers

Zoo

He did nothing today and has been consistently disappointing in the PL so far.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
:lol: I thought I was going to come in here to see the bump being he's nout special, considering how poor he was today.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Paqueta’s loss is Nunes’ gain.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Yet another press resistant ball carrier to add to their midfield that already has about 3 of them. Bastards.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
The type of midfield player we should have signed instead of the injury prone Mount

Becks00

City continually targeting all the players i would have like to see us sign.

philippexyz

He is a profile of a player that we desperately need. Press resistant ball carrier. There are potentially better(more talented) options on the market of that profile, but he's one of the best. City's midfield is going to get even better. They never stagnate, stop improving.

TsuWave

Yet another press resistant ball carrier to add to their midfield that already has about 3 of them. Bastards.
This is why they are the best. People go on about Guardiola magic - and to some extent it is - but they target the right profile of players over and over again

DJ_21

He is a profile of a player that we desperately need. Press resistant ball carrier. There are potentially better(more talented) options on the market of that profile, but he's one of the best. City's midfield is going to get even better. They never stagnate, stop improving.
We can’t compete with them until we get bought out. This transfer window would have been a whole lot different if we got bought out before hand. We may even have Kane now.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Liverpool wanted him in January, wonder what changed that they didn't move for him in this window.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Paqueta’s loss is Nunes’ gain.

Darn. They keep signing players we should be signing. I like the look of him - physically strong and mobile but also seems to always have time on the ball.

Still Going…

He had a mediocre first season, but he’s a good player. I was hoping he’d be the type of player ETH would want.

bosskeano

they keep talking about hving the abiliity to still sign a player .....clearly we are missing talent in MF so we have to make a move at some point

City somehow can just skirt FFP like Chelsea and just sign whoever and whenever they want

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
As an aside, I think his teammate Matheus Cunha needs to do a Joelinton and become a monster box-to-box CM.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool wanted him in January, wonder what changed that they didn't move for him in this window.
Last summer and jan was a case of sitting on our hands and dithering.

This summer I think we decided on other players instead (Big Dom, Alexis).

MaT23

This is why they are the best. People go on about Guardiola magic - and to some extent it is - but they target the right profile of players over and over again
And we do the opposite over and over again.

bosskeano

good lord...now he's being linked with City and that he's accepted personal terms already

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Very athletic ball carrier 8 but nothing special from a technical perspective and has never shown much ability to impact games in the final third. He and Kovacic will probably split time, effectively replacing Gundogan with two players. Neither is anywhere near as good.

I am actually kind of surprised City could not find better players than Kovacic, Doku, and Nunes to bring in this summer.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
He's a brilliant player and has been for some time now - but it feels somewhat redundant for City to get both him and Kovacic surely? Can't see both of them playing together on a regular basis and I'd selfishly hate for Nunes to get Kalvin Phillipsed

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Everytime I've seen him he's been underwhelming in prem.

Wolves haven't even been playing him in CM, more drifting in from out wide so get the feeling he'll struggle to impose himself at Man. City.

Abraxas

What am I missing?

Feels like the default assumption is it's great because it's City. They did buy Phillips so they're not infallible.

The guy is 24, pulled up no trees that I can see. If they were that hot on him they wouldn't have exhausted the entire window.

Yagami

Good post resistant
What am I missing?

Feels like the default assumption is it's great because it's City. They did buy Phillips so they're not infallible.

The guy is 24, pulled up no trees that I can see. If they were that hot on him they wouldn't have exhausted the entire window.
Well, Phillips has always been rubbish.

Nunes is very good. He'll fit Pep's team to a tee because he's incredibly hard to dispossess. Great at shielding the ball, dribbling, pulling off 360s to evade pressing opposition players.

A player we should be all over ourselves.

Abraxas

Well, Phillips has always been rubbish.

Nunes is very good. He'll fit Pep's team to a tee because he's incredibly hard to dispossess. Great at shielding the ball, dribbling, pulling off 360s to evade pressing opposition players.

A player we should be all over ourselves.
He might be hard to dispossess but he's pretty good at giving the ball away so what does it matter.

Yagami

Good post resistant
He might be hard to dispossess but he's pretty good at giving the ball away so what does it matter.
That's in a disorganised team, though.

At City (or even under ten Hag), I'm sure that part of his game would naturally improve because the tools are all there. He just needs that expert level coaching.

Redstain

M/E have run the business side of the game far more efficiently than the traditional western owners especially this last few years. Newcastle on the up aswell. They've very shrewd with their football operations. It's just a shame United are second place in every aspect especially with this summer's fiasco it's not even ten games into the new season and the club seem so under prepared.

TsuWave

Newcastle on the up aswell. They've very shrewd with their football operations. It's just a shame United are second place in every aspect especially with this summer's fiasco it's not even ten games into the new season and the club seem so under prepared.
Newcastle has done everything right since they got their money. Guimaraes, Isak, Livramento (I have a bunch of posts throughout the years saying we should sign him), Lewis Hall. Just the right fecking players. Sometimes it’s infuriating being a United fan.

aeh1991

Very athletic ball carrier 8 but nothing special from a technical perspective and has never shown much ability to impact games in the final third. He and Kovacic will probably split time, effectively replacing Gundogan with two players. Neither is anywhere near as good.

I am actually kind of surprised City could not find better players than Kovacic, Doku, and Nunes to bring in this summer.
I am actually kind of shocked we could not find better players than Mount and Antony.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Wolves have been playing terribly bad since 2 seasons, it was a miracle how they made it last season with that squad, so can't really judge a Wolves player by consistency.
But IMHO, they can get better options at the same price or lower. I actually thought they would make a bid for Baena, since he's a very versatile midfielder with a high margin of progress.

Skills

Snitch
He's a brilliant player and has been for some time now - but it feels somewhat redundant for City to get both him and Kovacic surely? Can't see both of them playing together on a regular basis and I'd selfishly hate for Nunes to get Kalvin Phillipsed
Bernardo's going to leave eventually. This is them preparing for that, and also cover for De Bruynes increasing lack of availability.

Guardiola's also very adaptable to the talent he has.

People have this impression that Guardiola is quite stubborn and inflexible because of the whole Zlatan thing at Barca. But that was just him making a call that Messi as a False 9 would be much better for him, and that left no room for Ibrahmovic. It was obviously the right call, because that resulted in them building arguably the best club side ever the season after.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
The type of midfield player we should have signed instead of the injury prone Mount
The fact that Mount is being talked about as injury prone now is wild to me. He was the most durable, ever present player for us for 3 years until he had a couple of niggles last season. The big complaint we had around Mount was that he was being run into the ground by coaches because he was always available and one of the main explanations people offered up for us poor form and then injuries last season was just sheer burn out.

DJ_21

The fact that Mount is being talked about as injury prone now is wild to me. He was the most durable, ever present player for us for 3 years until he had a couple of niggles last season. The big complaint we had around Mount was that he was being run into the ground by coaches because he was always available and one of the main explanations people offered up for us poor form and then injuries last season was just sheer burn out.
One injury leads to more injury’s and for longer next time. He’s mainly a number 10. That’s the problem we’re having and if he doesn’t adapt to playing as an 8 then we’ll just get destroyed every game. He won’t play a 10 regular because of Bruno and Bruno’s someone you can talk about as always being available.