Matt Judge resigns from role as Manchester United’s Head of Corporate Development

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Ha. I´m just tired of those taking a shit on him when he's the first one to really say it how it is, bar one or two Mourinho moments.
Didn't you watch the game yesterday? There was a protest from fans holding the club accountable for their incompetence and they've ben doing it longer than Rangnick. Put any one of those guys in front of the cameras like Ralf and they would have said the same thing as him. Like he said himself, you don't need glasses to see it.

stu_1992

Sure look, I can't say I'll miss anyone involved with this failed regime of ownership/running of the club.

Gandalf

That tweet says deputy is last appointment expected. So unless ducker is wrong he won’t be.
I think it is a mistake to get hung up on the job titles. We have not defined what the deputy director of football will be responsible for but we don't have a head of recruitment or scouting right now so if the DDoF is the only appointment then it logically suggests his remit will be recruitment and scouting.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
I hate the Glazers but they are moving from totally dysfunctional to potentially viable. Maybe.

jesperjaap

Arnold seems to be moving in a way that separates the business and football sides. Some encouraging off field things since he took over.
Completely agree, some corporate suits moved on, scouts that appear to have failed.....but will reserve passing judgement until we see who comes in to fill these roles.

Here is hoping we are as brutal and decisive in terms of moving players on this summer as well

croadyman

Completely agree, some corporate suits moved on, scouts that appear to have failed.....but will reserve passing judgement until we see who comes in to fill these roles.

Here is hoping we are as brutal and decisive in terms of moving players on this summer as well
Yeah it's positive steps in the right direction but proof will be in the pudding at end of the window

Amir

For all we know Judge could have been one of the best people we had at the club. I know that's probably unlikely but I do feel suspicious that so many people claim to know the inner machinations of our club and that this is such good news.
At the end of the day, our problem has been selecting the right players and keeping the right players rather then decising to keep the wrong players. Not the man negotiating for that once the decision has been made.

macheda14

At the end of the day, our problem has been selecting the right players and keeping the right players rather then decising to keep the wrong players. Not the man negotiating for that once the decision has been made.
Even if we’ve chosen poorly pretty much every deal and every contract has been way over what we should have spent. That’s on the person doing the negotiating. There’s not really been one transfer where you can think ‘ooh good deal that’

DevilRed

Thank feck!!!

We're finally moving in the right direction. Get rid of these bristol university fecking banker buddies.

Useless the lot of them.

Amir

Even if we’ve chosen poorly pretty much every deal and every contract has been way over what we should have spent. That’s on the person doing the negotiating. There’s not really been one transfer where you can think ‘ooh good deal that’
If we had selected good players or the right players, who would have gone on to do great things for us, it would have made the transfers seem far better. I mean, VDB seemed a good deal at the time. Now? not.

Maybe Judge was crap in his work. Or maybe not. He was nowhere near to being one of the biggest problems.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Didn't you watch the game yesterday? There was a protest from fans holding the club accountable for their incompetence and they've ben doing it longer than Rangnick. Put any one of those guys in front of the cameras like Ralf and they would have said the same thing as him. Like he said himself, you don't need glasses to see it.
Is it impossible for you to give him any credit? I'm aware of how fans feel and have felt since '05. It's obvious to most. But having someone in a position of authority, albeit temporarily, lay out these things is something I'm extremely grateful for. You think we'd be seeing these changes if we'd be in and around 3rd or 4th, miles off the top, with Ole still at the helm talking about how we're a fantastically well run club?

croadyman

We can only hope that’s the case, although a recent report said that Woodward pushed for new contracts as he believed it helped players retain value in the transfer market.
Well they are both going to be out this summer so that's something

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Is it impossible for you to give him any credit? I'm aware of how fans feel and have felt since '05. It's obvious to most. But having someone in a position of authority, albeit temporarily, lay out these things is something I'm extremely grateful for. You think we'd be seeing these changes if we'd be in and around 3rd or 4th, miles off the top, with Ole still at the helm talking about how we're a fantastically well run club?
People are giving him too much credit and fabricating all this work that he is supposed to have done behind the scenes when he has really done feck all. Yeah, so he's highlighted a few things. Great, but Neville's been spouting that stuff for years. Everybody could see it. He's probably had a one hour briefing with the board highlighting his observations and that's it. His primary remit was managing the team until June, which he has done badly...very badly. I don't understand how people are making out as if he has somehow saved the club and pulled it from the brink. He has done no such thing, unless you can tell me otherwise.

macheda14

If we had selected good players or the right players, who would have gone on to do great things for us, it would have made the transfers seem far better. I mean, VDB seemed a good deal at the time. Now? not.

Maybe Judge was crap in his work. Or maybe not. He was nowhere near to being one of the biggest problems.
Do you think our wage structure is good? From every report Maguire and AWB were us trying to negotiates and just paying the asking price and even paying in single instalments rather than spread out.

Marcelinho87

What are the chances that actually the Glazers weren't the issue it was that they let Woodward run the show? Now the new CEO is allowed the same level of control but is actually doing it right?

buchansleftleg

Given how appalling the players contracts have been managed for the last few years he's lucky he's been allowed to resign quietly and not be leaving Old Trafford with a grey blanket over his head while crowds throw rotten vegetables at him.

This is another positive sign, feeling like the death of Don Fanucci, the tired old mafioso, by the youthful Vito Corleone in Godfather II.

We just now need the equivalent of the youthful, present day Michael Corleone to knock off the corrupt heads of the Families that have caused so much harm....

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

Judge was one of the top 3 problems in this club alongside Ed and the scouting department. Let’s be honest, VDB was considered as good value back then because VDS connection with us, which made it easier for us to deal with the transfer not because Judge. So if it was considered good value, mainly because of VDS good connection with us.

And remember Judge also dealing with contract, those fecking wages have been one of our biggest problems.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
What are the chances that actually the Glazers weren't the issue it was that they let Woodward run the show? Now the new CEO is allowed the same level of control but is actually doing it right?
As the owner, they shouldn’t allow it to happen. They allowed it to keep continue and they are fine with it.

Revaulx

As the owner, they shouldn’t allow it to happen. They allowed it to keep continue and they are fine with it.
Yes, but they are also fine with the new man making massive changes. If they were that strongly attached to the Woodward Way, they wouldn’t be letting Arnold take an axe to his legacy.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Yes, but they are also fine with the new man making massive changes. If they were that strongly attached to the Woodward Way, they wouldn’t be letting Arnold take an axe to his legacy.
Last season when Ed decided to step down, Glazers wanted him to stay and tried to convince him to stay but Ed realised the damage he had done so he stepped down. So Glazers didn’t want to lose Ed to be fair.

However, whether he’s strongly attached to Ed or no it doesn’t matter because as an owner they are supposed to know that the club hasn’t been ran properly. Ignore the issue with Russia and Ukraine, if Glazers have the same commitment as Roman Abramovic towards their own club, Glazers shouldn’t let this keep continue for 7 years.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Last season when Ed decided to step down, Glazers wanted him to stay and tried to convince him to stay but Ed realised the damage he had done so he stepped down. So Glazers didn’t want to lose Ed to be fair.

However, whether he’s strongly attached to Ed or no it doesn’t matter because as an owner they are supposed to know that the club hasn’t been ran properly. Ignore the issue with Russia and Ukraine, if Glazers have the same commitment as Roman Abramovic towards their own club, Glazers shouldn’t let this keep continue for 7 years.
As a person who had worked under CEOs and GMs including some very bad ones I suggest that you do not believe everything being written. Businesses hate sacking high ranking officials. It make them look bad and it dents their reputation. Which is why they would do anything to embellish it. I saw Businesses clearly stating that they didn't want to lose such people when in reality they were pushing then out of the door

arthurka

And here we are with a lot of people on here wondering if Ralf has done anything worth mentioning since taking over from Ole. Finally there is someone here who tells it like it is and we seem to be acting not wondering if we can paper over the cracks. Ralf will be remembered fondly by most.

R'hllor

Think his record regarding wages is more damaging than money spent on transfers.

hobbers

Best news I've heard about United since Woodward fecking off.

fecking clown who pandered to agents and valued players contracts based on their insta clicks rather than their ability or work rate.

Along with Woodward they're the two major architects of our demise.

Grande

So now CEO is changed, Football Director established, Contract negotiator, head of recruitment local and global quit, and manager changed, all within a year? Seems like big changes are rung at the top end of the club.

justboy68

Thank God this joker is gone. He would have really bankrupted us if allowed to stay on much longer. Must be the worst negotiator in history, looking at our transfers and wage bill.

Tap

Good riddance mr Judge. Incompetent old fool. Our transfer and contract dealings under his reign have been a joke.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Good news for you. Wonder if this makes room for Mitchell or someone else? Think they should have one guy who deals with incomings, outgoings and contracts. Edwards does that at Liverpool. Still seems to me like there isn’t room for anyone new as Murtough will be getting an assistant. Looks to me like Murtough will take Judge’s work.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Only negative of all these changes in management is that we wouldn't have gotten deals already line up and may miss out on a few players/ cheap deals.