Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It's always the same with Smalling. He's great 1v1 but his positioning and decision making was awful.

Salah may have gotten past Darmian but he never completely beat him that I can remember. Darmian always recovered and shut off the angles Salah wanted to play.
Darmian let him inside on his left foot almost every time:lol: he is absolutely awful and anybody defending him just can’t let go of being a top red or fanboy. People watching the game couldn’t believe how bad he is.

BlahRules

Darmian let him inside on his left foot almost every time:lol: he is absolutely awful and anybody defending him just can’t let go of being a top red or fanboy. People watching the game couldn’t believe how bad he is.
He did the same with Chamberlain but on to his right foot. I just think Darmian was always backing off, hoping not to get skinned and waiting for others to help him - very sensible to do but then begs to question, why do we pick him for the big games if he can't even defend or bail out others for their defensive naivety. Additionally can't attack to save his life.

It's been shown many times when he has played as the left fullback we never did play well.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
He's bloody woeful.

Shaw better pick himself up or we need to get a LB in January.

Doracle

Very poor performance yesterday. Had no clue what to do with Salah and the Ox cruised past him at will when he came on. Failed to maintain possession and added nothing going forwards. I'm really not clear how he ever gets a start, even taking into account our lack of a class left back.

Kostov

It's always the same with Smalling. He's great 1v1 but his positioning and decision making was awful.

Salah may have gotten past Darmian but he never completely beat him that I can remember. Darmian always recovered and shut off the angles Salah wanted to play.
I think you are being harsh on Smalling, he was good defensively and obviously scared of the ball, but generally both of our CBs were very solid.

Salah slaughtered Darmian, I can remember once he got the ball strongly, and that aggressive tackle on the touchline close to the end which was a foul. It's not really his fault, he has no business playing for United.

I think you are being harsh on Smalling, he was good defensively and obviously scared of the ball, but generally both of our CBs were very solid.

Salah slaughtered Darmian, I can remember once he got the ball strongly, and that aggressive tackle on the touchline close to the end which was a foul. It's not really his fault, he has no business playing for United.
All I'll say to that is you don't need to be tackling to do your job defensively. Salah produced absolutely nothing down Darmian's side. When he went wide Darmian stayed with him and cut off anything dangerous, and he was happy to show him inside straight into our packed midfield. There is noone else in the team who can do that job as well as him on the left which is why he is being played in our tougher games.

Kostov

All I'll say to that is you don't need to be tackling to do your job defensively. Salah produced absolutely nothing down Darmian's side. When he went wide Darmian stayed with him and cut off anything dangerous, and he was happy to show him inside straight into our packed midfield. There is noone else in the team who can do that job as well as him on the left which is why he is being played in our tougher games.
Salah was Liverpool's most dangerous attacker, he got a lot of joy against Darmian. Don't try to convince me he's done some of that atrocious defending on purpose. He lacks aggression in his play, physically he can't cope with any decent attacker, he can't attack, he lacks stamina and I can go on. I will say it again he has no business playing for this club, Blind is probably injured (held his hamstring for Holland) otherwise Darmian wouldn't have played in my opinion, Blind is better than him in every aspect.

Adam-Utd

:lol: you NEVER show a left footer inside from the right wing, that's exactly what they want to do!

Push them down the outside onto their weak foot, they will run out of space and either put in a poor cross or turn back and pass away.

Salah ended up combining with Coutinho/Wijnaldum numberous times and looked dangerous throughout, Darmian was anything but in control of the situation.

Thank god he didn't come up against Robben :lol:

Devil81

No idea how he's earning a living at United, can't find a man with a pass and just brings panic to the whole team.

Eddy_JukeZ

No idea how he's earning a living at United, can't find a man with a pass and just brings panic to the whole team.
In hindsight, I have no idea what LVG was thinking either when he thought Darmian would be good for his possession philosophy.

His transfers were terrible.

:lol: you NEVER show a left footer inside from the right wing, that's exactly what they want to do!

Push them down the outside onto their weak foot, they will run out of space and either put in a poor cross or turn back and pass away.

Salah ended up combining with Coutinho/Wijnaldum numberous times and looked dangerous throughout, Darmian was anything but in control of the situation.

Thank god he didn't come up against Robben :lol:
Yeah that's not correct at all. You can show them inside quite happily if you have two defensive mids sat there to pass them on to. Shown by how little of Liverpool's threat came down that side despite the 'numerous' times Salah combined with others.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Strong showing. Really good cross for Lingard's second goal.

KetilOwren88

He's without any doubt more suited to play on the right. No way he would have crossed it like that from the left.

Adam-Utd

I’m usually his biggest hater but fair play he looked... so un Darmian tonight.

He was pressing quickly and aggressively, passing forwards and making supporting runs.

Then he only goes and puts a good cross on somebodies head?! It’s like he was a completely different person tonight, don’t remember him getting skinned either.

I have no faith in him continuing this, but let’s hope it’s a sign of things to come.

Andersons Dietician

Was my man of the match tonight. Looked more like the guy from Torino and the Italian international that he is. I do think he gets such a bad wrap on here. Think he was good last year and at times for me out performing our supposed best RB in the league.
Needs to keep doing what he’s doing and teach some of the others the dark arts of Italian defending. Screening, blocking, winning fouls, master of the disguised shirt pull. I think a lot of his abilities don’t get seen by a lot of the fans.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's consistent isn't he?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Under Mourinho he’s become a really solid defender and when played on the right he actually offers something going forward too. Good to know we’ve an option like this when Valencia needs a break. We can’t expect a player of Val’s age - that runs so much - to play every week. In fact, on current form, I’d be tempted to start Darmian against Spurs.

Kostov

I've been one of his most vocal critics, but good game last night. Solid performance and an assist, credit where it's due.

LoneStar

Good performance from him today. He's obviously far more comfortable playing on the right. I wouldn't mind if we played Valencia as a starter with Darmian as backup for next season. That is if we spend a load of money on our attack and also need to buy a LB.

Antonedwin

He is better crosser than valencia it seems, that was a gary neville esque .

i always rate him , people mad when he didn't attack / can't attack but i am pretty sure it was jose ordering him to hold position
he get judged whenever he got skinned by enemy opposition ,but you can't expect a full back always win against pacy and tricky winger in 1 on 1 situation

Last edited:

Andersons Dietician

Last year he was better crossing on his left than Valencia was with his right. I think Darmian is harshly treated by many united supporters. Could be Carrick all over again with people not actuallynseeing all the good he does for the team.
He’s a defender first and foremost and he isn’t lightening quick or great at going forward but he puts in solid display after solid display and gets crucified.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
So he's actually better on the right hand side. Who would've guessed.
I didn't know.
Assume you're being sarcastic but don't get your point?

Him being better on the right than the left means nothing unless he's better than Valencia on the right. If he keeps on playing as well as he did against Swansea that's a definite possibility. It's not something that anyone has argued before now though.

stevoc

He definitely offers a lot more going forwards when he's on the right. The defensive side of his game was already excellent. Under Mourinho anyway.
I think we would have to see him do that on a regular basis on the right before we can be sure that a game at right wing back against a poor side in the cup wasn't a one off. He has had plenty of games on the right under two managers where he was as conservative as he is on the left and offered virtually nothing going forward. And we know this wasn't down to instructions from either manager.

Would be great if he could at least try to help the team attack on a regular basis. But i'll reserve judgement until i actually see it.

Assume you're being sarcastic but don't get your point?

Him being better on the right than the left means nothing unless he's better than Valencia on the right. If he keeps on playing as well as he did against Swansea that's a definite possibility. It's not something that anyone has argued before now though.
Why do you assume that. I was telling the truth. I really didn't know.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Why do you assume that. I was telling the truth. I really didn't know.
I’m terrible at spotting sarcasm online! Although this is the first time I’ve called it when none was intended. Usually the opposite way round.

Thought you were being sarcastic because - as a right-foooted player - it would make sense that he’s more comfortable at RB.

I’m terrible at spotting sarcasm online! Although this is the first time I’ve called it when none was intended. Usually the opposite way round.

Thought you were being sarcastic because - as a right-foooted player - it would make sense that he’s more comfortable at RB.
It's probably my fault that I came across sarcastic, but no I was serious.

I Believe

everything Nigel Farage told me
Last year he was better crossing on his left than Valencia was with his right. I think Darmian is harshly treated by many united supporters. Could be Carrick all over again with people not actuallynseeing all the good he does for the team.
He’s a defender first and foremost and he isn’t lightening quick or great at going forward but he puts in solid display after solid display and gets crucified.
I agree, Darmian is a natural defender, has all the 'dark arts' of Italian defending, can play either fullback position and has done so for Italy; however he needs another 'proper' fullback playing with him to get the best out of him. For me the season he got into the first team, he played around three or four games at RB with Shaw at left back (until his injury) and during that period we had probably, at that time, the best full back pairing in the country. He is not however a 'wing back' or even an attacking full back, because going forward is his weakness although you can occasionally see some marginal improvement. He needs to be played as part of a proper defensive back four, if we had that and either one or two sitting midfielders (depending on the opposition) we would not have to keep relying on massed-ranked 'Alamo' type defending, thus allowing our attacking players to do just that.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.