Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Djemba-Djemba

If we can sell Darmian in January we should absolutely do it. He's shite.

It's like he has no football ability at all. You could pick a guy who regularly goes to the gym and is in good shape out of the crowd and you'd get a a similar level of performance.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
He had a few good matches at the start of his career at United. He has progressively gone worse to the point he's making other players on his side suffer.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
He is truely awful, after so long here, i've come to the realization that I can't stand seeing him on the pitch anymore, one or two times last night he let the guy cut inside... in the box.. it mystifies me how he's an Italian international defender. It's staggering just how poor he is.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He is truely awful, after so long here, i've come to the realization that I can't stand seeing him on the pitch anymore, one or two times last night he let the guy cut inside... in the box.. it mystifies me how he's an Italian international defender. It's staggering just how poor he is.
It's like he doesn't actually know the basics of defending, everybody knows you show the player down the line and then try to block the cross, make it difficult for them. Instead he just gets thrown off by any little body shuffle and then turns like a tank.

Honestly I would rather have any other fullback over him, he offers nothing positive. If he sucked going forward but was a fantastic defender then we could get around it, but he's so poor in both areas.

Why Jose keeps giving him playing time is baffling to me.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Finally people are stopping trying to act like he is good at defending. Being garbage at attacking doesn't automatically mean he is good at defending, no he isn't much good at it either.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Certainly up there with one of the worst footballers I have seen in a utd shirt. Doesn’t have any real strengths and honestly looks like a fan that got “football experience” birthday present or something.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
By far the worst player on the pitch. There were several moments where our right flank was completely open and he was camped near our box. Then 30 seconds later he starts making overlapping runs when Bristol had 8 players in their half.
:lol: I was laughing when that happened. The whole play had gone by then and all of sudden he finally comes flying down the line. Reminded me of a 6 aside I played where we had an older lad and one time he started yelling on the overlap. So I looked over and he wasn't there. He was still back in our half slowly trucking along.

Baxter

This sums him up. That clearance is a disgrace. He actually looks like he's scared of the ball and he's pathetic going forward. A mystery how's he's lasted this long.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United

This sums him up. That clearance is a disgrace. He actually looks like he's scared of the ball and he's pathetic going forward. A mystery how's he's lasted this long.
:lol:

I remember being quite excited when he signed him. feck knows whats happened to him. Scared to attack, scared to defend.

el3mel

He's basically giving them a second chance to continue the attack. :lol:

stevoc

Finally people are stopping trying to act like he is good at defending. Being garbage at attacking doesn't automatically mean he is good at defending, no he isn't much good at it either.
I don't think he was ever good at defending for us. In a defensive set-up where he has no attacking responsibility and he basically just tucks in like a wide centre back he can look ok. But then to be fair in that set-up any professional footballer should look ok.

Selling Rafael for £2m and replacing him with this guy for £14m has to go down as the worst piece of transfer business in the clubs history.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre

Some claim he's not even Italian defender.

All the evidence you need.

MAME DIOUF 32

I can't believe how crap Darmian is. £12 million for an Italian international defender looked like a bargain but he's awful. He should be booked for time wasting whenever he crosses the halfway line.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Roma and Napoli would welcome him back with open arms, even Inter considering they still field Santon, Nagatomo, D'Ambrosio and Dalbert. You may expect a £10m offer in January for sure.

stevoc

Roma and Napoli would welcome him back with open arms, even Inter considering they still field Santon, Nagatomo, D'Ambrosio and Dalbert. You may expect a £10m offer in January for sure.
£10m would be a great price for him, to be honest at this stage i reckon United would actually accept less for him just to get rid of him.

haram

As said thinking of some of the players we've moved on and what we're left with is painful generally, but this has to be the worst case.

Rafael, Fabio, Buttner (FMFL), Blackett, CBJ, Gary Nev (now) are all preferable to him as squad fullbacks.
Blackett was terrible and CBJ struggles to get games in the championship.

Robindinho

This sums him up. That clearance is a disgrace. He actually looks like he's scared of the ball and he's pathetic going forward. A mystery how's he's lasted this long.[/QUOTE]

Ffs :lol:

It happens far too often, he just panics and hacks at the ball. No composure whatsoever - you can see it as well whenever he’s pressed that his first thought is get rid and he’ll just aimlessly hoof it forward.

Henry Gaervell

Best thing for darmian is to get back to Italy, just not cut out for the prem and I don't think he had the mentality to be a back up player.

It's interesting that the likes of napoli and Roma are keen, wonder if we could turn a profit on him?

Canagel

It's an insult this guy is ahead of Tuanzebe and others. He can't defend, he can't attack and he has no stamina. Why are you playing football if you don't even know the basics? Give me Rafael any day over Darmian.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Blackett was terrible and CBJ struggles to get games in the championship.
I know, and yet I'd be happier giving them chances as they have time to develop. I understand a bad young player is a bad player nonetheless, but Darmian is entering his prime now and looks as naive and ineffectual as the greenest youngster.

My hopes for CBJ and certainly Blackett are slim, but for Darmian they are zero.

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
Truth be told he’s been relatively shite ever since he arrived here other than the first month-month and a half. After that, just kinda fell off a cliff and hasn’t ever regained his footing let alone any sort of form.

No more players needed who are allowed to feel comfy like at home without much contribution. Out with the dead weight. And hopefully a handful of others by the time Summer rolls around.

Kostov

The sad part is that he has done this countless times before and we had people here claiming he was a good defender. Abysmal player and I'm shocked how he lasted here so long.

Bwuk

Dreadful.

After his first few games I thought he was going to be great, he started off very well.

He's been awful since. Annoys me that he's ahead of Tuanzebe and Fosu-Mensah for whatever reason.

stevoc

A winger and a centre back were our fullbacks today with Shaw on the bench. Darmian not even in the match day squad today, has only started two games since October and only two league starts all season.

Looks like he's a goner, if we sign a fullback in January i can see him leaving next month.

Acole9

Outstanding
Do we believe what Mourinho said yesterday about him being injured? I don't, I think he's been left out because of that awful performance vs Bristol City.

Foxbatt

The Darmian who plays for Italy and the Darmian who plays for United are two different players. He is regularly good for the Italian national team and would certainly have been in their defence if they had qualified for the WC. So something is wrong somewhere.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
If there's any substance to the rumours Juve are interested, he'd make a nice part-exchange for either of the two players we've been linked with.

MadMike

If there's any substance to the rumours Juve are interested, he'd make a nice part-exchange for either of the two players we've been linked with.
Dybala + Money for Darmian.

I’d offer to suck Woody’s wood if he managed to pull this off.

Red_toad

:lol:

I remember being quite excited when he signed him. feck knows whats happened to him. Scared to attack, scared to defend.
The Caf was generally very excited when we bought him. Shows how much we all know :lol:

Shadow of the player he was, Van Gaal really took apart certain players.

The Caf was generally very excited when we bought him. Shows how much we all know :lol:

Shadow of the player he was, Van Gaal really took apart certain players.
He actually started well and at times even recently shows glimpses of being a very good player, if a very defensive one. I think he could be alright here if we were a fully defensive team. As the team usually expected to take the game to the opposition though hes just not up to it.

John Blund

Send him back home. I'd be happy to see Dybala in return. However, I feel Mourinho might prefer another left winger/midfielder (Douglas Costa or Asamoah). Rashford and Martial needs even more competition.

Nedved

Send him back home. I'd be happy to see Dybala in return. However, I feel Mourinho might prefer another left winger/midfielder (Douglas Costa or Asamoah). Rashford and Martial needs even more competition.
Please take him. Nowadays he’s an average left back and probably worse than Darmian. He’s neither Juve nor United material and has never been a left winger.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
So what's the deal with this guy??? In the last 10 games, he started against Bristol City (where he was shite) and made 2 unused sub appearances. Surely this would be an ideal time to get rid?? Not one jot of interest in him though? That's a shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.