g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Matteo Darmian | LVG confirms he's on his way here for a medical

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kag

I'd like an announcement just to satisfy my hunger for a new signing.

Well pleased with this deal by the sounds of it.

darioterios

Why does a jet have to explain that it's a jet? You don't see boats with "Hey, I'm a boat" painted on. Or "BeepBeepImaJeep" on an off-road vehicle. Though...that would be kinda cool...
Not sure what you mean. If the second pic is true, they use a Mercedes van, which I think is not quite suitable given our deal with Chevy?

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Rafa isn't that bad mate
Rafa isn't that bad at all, he just fell massively out of favour and seemed to lack something he used to have. Became very sloppy and frustrated or something.

It seems to be the cool thing to hate on Rafa now. I'd like to see him stay as back up or even compete with Darmian.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Rafa isn't that bad at all, he just fell massively out of favour and seemed to lack something he used to have. Became very sloppy and frustrated or something.

It seems to be the cool thing to hate on Rafa now. I'd like to see him stay as back up or even compete with Darmian.
This x 100. It'd be silly to let him go, he'd be much better as a backup than Valencia. He's only 25, and has already shown that he reach a very good level.

Lennon7

No chance.
A
This x 100. It'd be silly to let him go, he'd be much better as a backup than Valencia. He's only 25, and has already shown that he reach a very good level.
Absolutely. I rate Rafa he just needs pointing in the right direction. He's been here since he was 15 or something too and you definitely get the feeling he'd give his all to do well for this club. Having injury troubles didn't really help him last season either.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Brilliant thread. I actually skipped over the comments that were discussing Darmian as a player, so I just read the flight tracking malarcky :lol:

Browniee

I don't understand. Don't you think he's a really good player?
To be fair, didn't really know who he was until we went after him. He sounds decent though, I thought you were wumming like the dippers do when one of their players gets injured and becomes world class ala Lucas, Sturridge

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
A

Absolutely. I rate Rafa he just needs pointing in the right direction. He's been here since he was 15 or something too and you definitely get the feeling he'd give his all to do well for this club. Having injury troubles didn't really help him last season either.
I don't think he needs pointing in any direction. The whole "Rafael is rash" is simply exaggerated past comprehension. At 23, he was the best right back in the PL (albeit, for one season), and hasn't declined in a footballing sense; like you've said, he's been battered by unfortunate injuries such as the elbow to the face and the broken ribs (?). Plus, he's true red, don't get many these days.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
To be fair, didn't really know who he was until we went after him. He sounds decent though, I thought you were wumming like the dippers do when one of their players gets injured and becomes world class ala Lucas, Sturridge
I think like Herrera he will surprise people with how good he is. Italy might not have the attacking strength they had in the past but they still produce some great defenders and to win the Pallone Azzurro which is the award for the best Italy national team player of 2014 when there's the likes of Chiellini, Bonucci and Barzagli you've got to be doing something right.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Didn't know that. Why?
I think it's something to do with them not being EU citizens. I haven't been able to find the exact reason. But I'd guess it's because the FA wanted to limit the influx of foreign talents. They can't limit the freedom of movement within the EU but everyone else is fair game.

Lennon7

I don't think he needs pointing in any direction. The whole "Rafael is rash" is simply exaggerated past comprehension. At 23, he was the best right back in the PL (albeit, for one season), and hasn't declined in a footballing sense; like you've said, he's been battered by unfortunate injuries such as the elbow to the face and the broken ribs (?). Plus, he's true red, don't get many these days.
I didn't mean it in terms of his rashness (although he does seem a bit.. untamed at times :lol:). I just meant he needs someone to take him under their wing.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Glad that we're signing a new full back but would like us to keep Rafa. He's injury prone but he's still played over 100 games for the club and I think worth keeping in rotation. He's not on silly wages, and tends get back into the flow relatively quickly once he's been out.

Lennon7

I think it's something to do with them not being EU citizens. I haven't been able to find the exact reason. But I'd guess it's because the FA wanted to limit the influx of foreign talents. They can't limit the freedom of movement within the EU but everyone else is fair game.
Fair enough! I was going to bring up Pereira but he came from Belgium didn't he?

Maagge

Him and Fabio trained with the first team before they turned 18. They were just not able to play in matches until they were 18.
Yeah I'm sure they were over visiting but they weren't officially United players until 2008.

Maagge

Fair enough! I was going to bring up Pereira but he came from Belgium didn't he?
Yup. He's been living in Belgium most of his life I think. At least his second nationality is Belgian and thus he's from the EU.

Status
Not open for further replies.