Matthijs de Ligt | Bayern Munich

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Wish we had gotten him back in 2019 but I guess it wasn't worth dealing with Raiola (rip).

Still he doesn't really look like a bayern signing, wonder if they're on the right path but then , they're just too big to fail.

Crimson King

Did Juve want to sell him? It feels weird to do so after winning the race to sign him only a few years ago, when he was a teenager.

BerryBerryShrew

Wish we had gotten him back in 2019 but I guess it wasn't worth dealing with Raiola (rip).

Still he doesn't really look like a bayern signing, wonder if they're on the right path but then , they're just too big to fail.
Sorta like De Ligt's father....

Tarrou

Did Juve want to sell him? It feels weird to do so after winning the race to sign him only a few years ago, when he was a teenager.
yeah they did because he has two years left and isn't signing a new deal

sensible from them

HTG

Supports
Bayern
We wanted him but our scouts said his parents is fat so he'll be as well, so we passed.
Ah, thanks. Thought it was going to be something like this. Scouts are weird people. Whenever I read stuff like this, I have to think about that one scout in Moneyball, who doesn't want a certain player, because his girlfriend is not good looking enough and that's a sign of a lack of confidence. :lol:

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Ah, thanks. Thought it was going to be something like this. Scouts are weird people. Whenever I read stuff like this, I have to think about that one scout in Moneyball, who doesn't want a certain player, because his girlfriend is not good looking enough and that's a sign of a lack of confidence. :lol:
Yeah, my thoughts exactly as it's the one I always get reminded of when things like this come up as well , always wondered how accurate that was but reading stuff like this does make it seem it had a modicum of truth to it.
Once upon a time we had scouts who used to find George Best, now we have this :lol:
See the positive side, it could have been worse....
Sorta like De Ligt's father....
Jesus, it's not gonna go away, is it :lol:

caid

"Doesn't have the face".
I'm pretty sure this is a thing in football. Or at least was.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
"Doesn't have the face".
I'm pretty sure this is a thing in football. Or at least was.
I guess we can find these things in every sport there is. In truth we are all biased in one way or another. Which is the reason I like statistical analysis in sports so much. They add a layer of objectivity.

Castia

Top signing

Bayern have done some good business with Gravenberch, Mane and De Ligt. I don’t think they’re finished either they still want another midfielder.

Blackwidow

I think he really looks like a Bayern signing. Our system is far more similar to that of Ajax as that of Juventus was - so it probably is a connection that matches to both sides. We needed someone that is tactically intelligent and can be loud as the other defenders just are too less communicative - and who is able to play with the ball. And who is good at heading as the other defenders aren't.

But actually - how does a Bayern signing look like?

leontas

This transfer was wrapped up much quicker than I expected. Bayern’s transfer efficiency is unreal.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I think he really looks like a Bayern signing. Our system is far more similar to that of Ajax as that of Juventus was - so it probably is a connection that matches to both sides. We needed someone that is tactically intelligent and can be loud as the other defenders just are too less communicative - and who is able to play with the ball. And who is good at heading as the other defenders aren't.

But actually - how does a Bayern signing look like?
Not overly expensive is one.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Yes he ate diamonds. @glazed
Well if he just ate diamonds he wouldn't be fat at all despite the millions of calories they contain. In fact he would have died of starvation. I'd be happy to explain in great detail over a period of months...

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
Absolutely the best club he could sign for. He's going to be their TopTop CB for a long time.

Kostov

Red_Support

Furthermore shows how much we overpaid for Martinez. We are abysmal on the transfer market, amateurish compared to Bayern.
Most other teams are. Bayern is just on another level.

But let’s not forget that they spent over 200 million on CB’s over the last 3 years (Hernandez, Upamecano, De Ligt). No other team on this planet did that.

At least they got some quality..

Gums

No expert on the subject but I guess over a long period of time he has consumed more calories than he has burned.
:lol: These are the kind of posts I aspire to write one day. Beautiful.

Gums

Furthermore shows how much we overpaid for Martinez. We are abysmal on the transfer market, amateurish compared to Bayern.
How exactly does it make sense to claim we overpaid for a player who hasn‘t even played for us yet? In what world can you seriously judge the value of something you haven‘t even used?

Tarrou

How exactly does it make sense to claim we overpaid for a player who hasn‘t even played for us yet? In what world can you seriously judge the value of something you haven‘t even used?
this world?