Matthijs de Ligt | Bayern Munich

Kostov

What's not true? You're just throwing out random, unrealistic scenarios. Well, what if Tadic scores 50 goals? That's as unrealistic as United paying 80M for him.

Transfermarkt is nothing but an estimation. It's not a stock market with an actual two-way price quotation. Even sillier to bring that up.
It’s not true if we say pay 80m and until we see how he plays nobody can say we overpaid. I meant that is not true. If we paid that much for him, his contribution at the maximum of his ability will never be worth it.

Transfermarkt is what it is, an estimation, the funny thing is, their valuation and the price of what Bayern and potentially what Chelsea are paying for de Ligt and Kounde is very similar, unlike what is paid for Martinez.

TheReligion

Abusive
Aargh, happy to hear that the mods are doing something about it.

Anyway, not to derail this thread. De Ligt should be a good signing for them. It will be interesting to see how they fare in the champions league this season.
Yes he’s very young but been around forever. He’ll have gained some valuable experience and is now adding different leagues to his CV.

Big money but I can see him being worth it longer term.

TheReligion

Abusive
It’s not true if we say pay 80m and until we see how he plays nobody can say we overpaid. I meant that is not true. If we paid that much for him, his contribution at the maximum of his ability will never be worth it.

Transfermarkt is what it is, an estimation, the funny thing is, their valuation and the price of what Bayern and potentially what Chelsea are paying for de Ligt and Kounde is very similar, unlike what is paid for Martinez.
Eriksen is worth £18m in that case and was free

We are doing well with our budget

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Yes he’s very young but been around forever. He’ll have gained some valuable experience and is now adding different leagues to his CV.

Big money but I can see him being worth it longer term.
Yeah I guess moving to bayern is a difficult one - you’re expected to win the league and your season is almost entirely based on how you perform in the UCL. But he’ll suit their style and like you say, he should turn out to be a very good signing and player for them

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
That was addressed. I can easily say what if he scores 50 goals? These are two equally absurd scenarios. Also what makes you a mind reader to know what his maximum ability will be? You're making random predictions.

It's an estimation, no different than the estimations on FIFA or FM. Pure speculation and thus you can't deduce from the fee alone whether or not a team overpaid or underpaid for a transfer. It's not hard to understand.

Kostov

That was addressed. I can easily say what if he scores 50 goals? These are two equally absurd scenarios. Also what makes you a mind reader to know what his maximum ability will be? You're making random predictions.

It's an estimation, no different than the estimations on FIFA or FM. Pure speculation and thus you can't deduce from the fee alone whether or not a team overpaid or underpaid for a transfer. It's not hard to understand.
I think we should leave it as it is. I have different opinion on something that is paid based on estimation at the end of the day.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Lovely analysis but I think you're underestimating his potential there , he's not that great in anything that he does yey but he's one of the most complete defenders around and I feel if he adds better passing to his locker and improve the other areas of his game a bit he'd end up as one of the standouts of this generation.

He has time on his side so there's that.

Maybe I'm just overestimating him.

redshaw

Forgot he was there at Bayern in the build up to our match.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München

A rare bullet dodged.
He has a right to be miffed. He was one of, if not outright the best player for us last season. There should be no reason why he's on basically 0 playing time right now. Neither Kim nor Upa were so amazing that they should be outright undroppable.

tomaldinho1

Forgot he was there at Bayern in the build up to our match.
They mentioned it during the game and I’d completely forgotten so assumed he was injured.

Well journos have their next week’s worth of United clickbait served up for them.

‘ANOTHER Ten Hag FLOP linked with club!’
Dressing room sources indicate there is a growing confusion as to why Ten Hag is hand picking transfer targets. Initial positivity has slowly ebbed from key first team members and influential squad members, certain players are accused of being ‘teacher’s pet’ and the Dutchman is accused of now being blinkered in his pursuit of De Ligt.

NotQuiteManc

Is his father still fat? :nervous:

To be honest, I totally forgotten about him for some reason.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I'd be shocked if we don't go in for him in the summer. Hope we do! Guy only just turned 24. Great age, great blend of attributes, huge potential.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

A rare bullet dodged.
He has a right to be miffed. He was one of, if not outright the best player for us last season. There should be no reason why he's on basically 0 playing time right now. Neither Kim nor Upa were so amazing that they should be outright undroppable.
When a thread takes a handbrake turn within two posts.

Bwuk

If Ten Hag is still here and de Ligts situation doesn't improve we will definitely go in for him, it's whether he'd want to come here or not.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
It's funny about De Ligt. Outsiders (i.e., people that don't really follow the clubs he plays for) often talk of him as a bit of a failure that's really not living up to his initial promise; but from what I understand, fans at Juve were really happy with him (after a slow start), and so apparently he's been great at Bayern as well (which I think also took a little time at the start?). I think I'll trust those clubs' fans, and will agree with @bosnian_red that he'd be great for United if he can play in Varane's position.

It's easy to imagine the posts if United were to pursue another one of Ten Hag's former players for a high fee through protracted summer negotations though. :D (Although with all the injuries and De Ligt not getting minutes at Bayern, a winter loan might start making sense. But United might prioritize RW now... :nervous: )

Last edited:

crossy1686

career ending
I’m perplexed that this lad hasn’t gone on to become one of the best CB’s in the world. I’ve never seen a surer thing from when he was at Ajax. He needs a bit of Ten Hag TLC to get his mojo back.

GlasgowCeltic

excellent whenever I’ve watched him at Bayern, of course Tuchel doesn’t fancy him and would probably ship him for Chalobah

Redivy

Bayern wanted McTominay. Go with 45-50m plus McTominay for De ligt.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
He was sensational in "that" Ajax season. He's stagnated completely since then though. If anything he's gotten worse. Like he's become to strong to be able to move or something. Shame really, he's a nice dude, though we have plenty of good CB's anyway. Like Virgil van Dijk, ha!

Rake

excellent whenever I’ve watched him at Bayern, of course Tuchel doesn’t fancy him and would probably ship him for Chalobah
Seen maybe 10-15 games of Bayern since he moved but I have never been impressed by him. If anything, seemed to make a blunder in every game.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Guys, calm down please. Bayern has three real CBs in the squad and that's it. He might be currently third in the pecking order, but after selling Pavard and sending Stanisic on loan Bayern actually need another defender, as their squad currently is very thin.

De Ligt will get playing time and he won't be sold or loaned, especialy not in the winter.