Matthijs de Ligt / signs for Juventus, lowering their average age to 56

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Eric 7

why would the club leak that a player openly rejected them? Because there isn't enough negativity flying around already? ;)
It shows ambition. I mean, as a fan, I'm happy that we were at least in for him, even if he rejected the move.

I just think that given that it's Ornstein, his info tends to come from PL clubs rather than from elsewhere.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I don't give a flying feck what Ornie says. MdL will be a part of our side next season and will be wearing #5

KristianMackle

The Ornacle says he has rejected us. That is not the end of the world. Maybe can pry Skriniar away from Inter

LuessiT

If his reported demands are true, Barca and Juve won't be matching that, so there won't be an offer from them two. And if PSG were to offer, why haven't they done it already? I think this news is b*llocks as it makes no sense on so many levels. Its a line that's been fed to Ornstein from someone.
This news makes perfect sense. I mean it's pretty obvious isn't it: Raiola has set a number for De Ligt and we're probably the only team right now willing to match that but De Ligt prefers other teams over us. Who knows what he'll do if other teams won't match our offer. But for now he's holding off for better offers.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Orne' bloke has got stuff wrong you know. Ask Arsenal fans.

redshaw

Thread title needs a change to no to Barca and United.

Looks like he may have to accept the offers from Juve or Barca, he won't get close to a De Jong type contract. I get his stance but he's two years younger and defenders don't get the big money usually, the teams have defenders already. I think a contract clause of when at 21 and established starter first team the wage increases. Might be a solution for him.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Bouhafsi also said that De Ligt rejected our offer, its been posted in this thread a week ago.

You can't fault us for trying but its also understandable as to why he doesn't want to move here.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Refuse to believe the bit that we're the only ones who have tabled a serious offer for him and if that bits not true then why trust the part that he's turned us down

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
One of the most reliable journos for Juve, Agresti has tweeted that De Ligt is just a step away from Juventus. All without putting an offer on the table apparently. This was the exact same thing we were hearing from PSG 10 days ago. I think it's quite clear that no one has any idea about this, no matter how much people keep bringing up what the most reliable journo of x club have said.

It wouldn't surprise me in the end if a team hardly linked with De Ligt, like City or Real end up signing him.

ottosec

It probably means that we were the only ones that met both Ajax's and the player's demands.

Womp

idiot
One of the most reliable journos for Juve, Agresti has tweeted that De Ligt is just a step away from Juventus. All without putting an offer on the table apparently. This was the exact same thing we were hearing from PSG 10 days ago. I think it's quite clear that no one has any idea about this, no matter how much people keep bringing up what the most reliable journo of x club have said.

It wouldn't surprise me in the end if a team hardly linked with De Ligt, like City or Real end up signing him.
Says he has a 150m clause, if true. We should just pay that now.

clarkydaz

150m release clasue isn't exactly a hands off statement is it. like if he doesn't succeed you can have him for twice the price

diarm

This time next year, £130mil is going to be an absolute bargain.

That said, Brexit might have happened by then so €150mil could be about £4 billion Sterling.

diarm

I wanted De Ligt above any other this summer but in all honesty, if that release clause was a deal breaker then I'm glad he's not coming here.

De Ligt is the sort of leader you want to build a team for the next decade around. Him coming in for a couple of years with his eye on the next move from the off is no good to anyone.

Raiola really is a curse on the game.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
That's either Di Marzio drawing his own wrong conclusion, or a pretty serious indictment of what Raiola thinks of PSG. Even if they can't include a buyout clause in the contract nothing stops them from having a gentleman's agreement in that regard. If Di Marzio is right, that means Raiola does not trust PSG to keep their word

More likely PSG don't want to include such an agreement in the first place. Ties in with Al Khelaifi's recent statements

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I wanted De Ligt above any other this summer but in all honesty, if that release clause was a deal breaker then I'm glad he's not coming here.

De Ligt is the sort of leader you want to build a team for the next decade around. Him coming in for a couple of years with his eye on the next move from the off is no good to anyone.

Yeah I can't see us ever entertaining any notion of a release clause, Christ we wouldn't even waver our sell on clause in Zaha'a move to Palace during our negotiations to get AWB

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Can honestly say that I'd have mixed feelings if we signed him with that release clause. I know it's still a great player for a few years and then a profit on his sale but it wouldn't feel great.

It makes sense from his point of view. He's done well with that deal. That is a side that could well win the CL, he'll win a few Seria A's and then Barcelona awaits. Good luck to him.

Kag

Juventus are a proper club. It’s a good move for him. Guaranteed titles at a good place to hone his skills. The release clause gives him the chance to bugger off to Spain further down the line.

PSG was a dead duck and it’s good for the game that he isn’t going there.

Patrick08

I don't think release clause was a deal breaker in our situation, he just didn't think its the right environment for him at this point. Riola wants his clients to move multiple clubs for his commissions, this is why his move to psg failed in my opinion, and juventus were best environment both for the player, and for riola for future commissions.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
We're gonna end up paying a world record fee for Slabhead in August, won't we? :nervous:

Status
Not open for further replies.