Matthijs de Ligt / signs for Juventus, lowering their average age to 56

Status
Not open for further replies.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Yes no doubt they would be interested if they have no limit transfer budget.

I just can't see them spending £80m+ on another CB where they desperately need reinforcements for their attack and FBs in terms of squad depth.
Clyne is still on the books. Even if they replace him and want a backup right back that will likely be virtually cost neutral. Similarly they are unlikely to spend much money at LB. I don't agree that they desperately need reinforcements in attack. CB is probably the easiest position for them to improve.

Cliche Guevara

Thats true. He said it often in interviews. Thats why him and Dortmund respectively Liverpool are a match made in heaven. He likes to manage sleeping giants and 'make them great again'. That motivates him.
No he’s absolutely full of shit and will say anything to make himself look superior.

An example is the dig at the Pogba fee then spending £75m on Van Dijk the following season.

As soon as Real or Barca come calling the hypocritical cnut will be off like a shot.

Member 116853

Taken from ESPN a few minutes ago.
Manchester United gave up their pursuit of Matthijs de Ligt before Ajax's run to the Champions League semifinals because of concerns about his weight, sources have told ESPN FC.
Sources have told ESPN FC that prominent members of the recruitment team voiced worries that De Ligt, who lined up against United in the 2017 Europa League final, was vulnerable to gaining weight because of concerns about his family history, leading the club to ditch their pursuit.
While United have retained their interest, Barcelona are leading the chase for De Ligt after Ajax CEO Edwin van der Sar confirmed the teenager is likely to leave this summer.

Luke Shaw was a fatty as a teenager. How is his career now doing at United?

beingshe7don

To quote Gary Neville, who's making these transfer decisions at United? Like damn, this is preposterous. Someone needs to get fired. This is just unacceptable decision making at the supposed biggest club in the world.

Actually sounds like a clear case of trying to save face.... so let's reject you before you reject me syndrome.

RRCE

To quote Gary Neville, who's making these transfer decisions at United? Like damn, this is preposterous. Someone needs to get fired. This is just unacceptable decision making at the supposed biggest club in the world.

Actually sounds like a clear case of trying to save face.... so let's reject you before you reject me syndrome.
Wasn’t it suggested that United passed on Isco because they felt his head was too big (literally, not figuratively)? Maybe there’s a pattern here...

BlueHaze

Wasn’t it suggested that United passed on Isco because they felt his head was too big (literally, not figuratively)? Maybe there’s a pattern here...
If you believe that I don't even know what to say...

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
No he’s absolutely full of shit and will say anything to make himself look superior.

An example is the dig at the Pogba fee then spending £75m on Van Dijk the following season.

As soon as Real or Barca come calling the hypocritical cnut will be off like a shot.
OT but, last summer the Real job was wide open and nobody really wanted it. I think at this point the most coveted managerial jobs are the manager jobs of the PL sides. Because as a manager in the PL you get more and acclaim you would get elsewhere.

gulli_G

As good as he is, we messed up and Raiola is his agent. Maybe we move on and make sure with Ole and his new setup that we do not miss out on players like this in future.

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
Nah,Klopp has gone on record in saying winning trophies at the likes of Barca and Madrid just seems abit hollow.
Where's the challenge ? These teams go out,sign some of the best players in the world and hey presto you've got another La Liga or CL for the ever increasing trophy cabinet.
He's clearly good enough to win titles with the likes of Barca and Madrid.Heck if Enrique,Valverde and Zidane can win titles with them I'm pretty sure Klopp can.

Klopp seems to want something more,which is why I dont think we interested him as such as we were still riding on the waves of SAF reputation.
With the likes of Madrid,Barca and maybe Bayern he would just be another footnote in thier clubs history.
Yeah, that's why Barca, Bayern etc. have double digit CL trophies next to their names. Or FC Pep.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I like how the ESPN article talks about De Ligt's weight concerns and then switches to talking about Luke Shaw after. Sneaky bum Journo.

SER19

Anybody believing that story is obviously just operating on a default outrage mode. Absolutely nonsensical , up there with FREDDY STARR ATE MY HAMSTER

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Sounds bollocks. "Family history"? There's a picture of him signing a contract with his family around him. They look normal. Not athletic, but not exactly big fat pies.

Jib

He made Llorente look like prime Drogba in both games. I see absolutely nothing special in him.Overrated.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
He made Llorente look like prime Drogba in both games. Overrated.
Llorente targeted Blind. Which makes sense given the height difference.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Sounds like bollocks. De Ligts father isn't even fat.

We've signed players in recent years who have parents that are probably even fatter.
:lol:

It's always wise to look at the parents.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Anybody believing that story is obviously just operating on a default outrage mode. Absolutely nonsensical , up there with FREDDY STARR ATE MY HAMSTER
Tbh it’s pretty easy to trick modern day fans, we’ve seen it constantly with the pogba stuff too.

The time we should have signed him was after the EL final, at that point his potential was clear.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Tbh it’s pretty easy to trick modern day fans, we’ve seen it constantly with the pogba stuff too.

The time we should have signed him was after the EL final, at that point his potential was clear.
If he was available back then all of the top clubs would have been after him.

Ajaxsuarez

Supports
Ajax

his potential was clear when he was 14/15 and no clubs were able to get him then either.

SER19

Ya I think everybody saw it then. What was he, 17?

gulli_G

If we are not in for him it is because of Raiola or he doesn't want to come. If is just because of his agent, Woodward should offer him a nice signing bonus to drop his agent who is banned anyway. If not, it doesn't matter how good this lad is, we will hear rumours of him leaving every window.

gr3yham3

If we are not in for him it is because of Raiola or he doesn't want to come. If is just because of his agent, Woodward should offer him a nice signing bonus to drop his agent who is banned anyway. If not, it doesn't matter how good this lad is, we will hear rumours of him leaving every window.
Been said many times - Raiola is NOT his agent.

gulli_G

Well that is great, I was under the impression that due to his agent's inexperience, he drafted in Raiola to help out. Maybe we have a chance as Barca should have wrapped this one up a while back, why wait to announce.

Bloedrood

Been said many times also that he actually is his agent, he just isn't his only one. Hulshoff was his original agent but nowadays is more his mental coach and advisor. De Ligt hired Raiola last year to deal with the transfer and contract stuff as Hulshoff has little experience with negotiating that on this level. That said, it will be interesting to see what will happen now that Raiola is supended for the next 3 months, I'm sure De Ligt wants to move before that.

gr3yham3

Been said many times also that he actually is his agent, he just isn't his only one. Hulshoff was his original agent but nowadays is more his mental coach and advisor. De Ligt hired Raiola last year to deal with the transfer and contract stuff as Hulshoff has little experience with negotiating that on this level. That said, it will be interesting to see what will happen now that Raiola is supended for the next 3 months, I'm sure De Ligt wants to move before that.
Yes that's what I meant - officially his agent is Hulshoff. Given that Raiola has been banned, De Ligt can drop him anytime since he is not his sole agent. Sorry for the bad phrasing.

Status
Not open for further replies.