Matthijs de Ligt / signs for Juventus, lowering their average age to 56

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nani

I don’t doubt that Raiola is difficult to negotiate with, but the whole narrative from the Spanish media that the player is desperate for Barca (or Madrid when we was signing Pogba) is risible. The agent works for the player and if the player tells him he only wants to sign for a certain club he can’t force him elsewhere.
The propaganda campaign has gone from done and dusted over a month ago to face saving measures the past week or so.

He’s ours. :drool:

AJ10

I don’t doubt that Raiola is difficult to negotiate with, but the whole narrative from the Spanish media that the player is desperate for Barca (or Madrid when we was signing Pogba) is risible. The agent works for the player and if the player tells him he only wants to sign for a certain club he can’t force him elsewhere.
Exactly, If he only wanted Barca then there would be no problem regardless of whats being offered by others.

Typical Spanish whining cnuts.

lewwoo

Spanish press are even more immature than their British counterparts which you would think would be impossible. I hope if we do sign him he comes out with the truth and rubbishes all these claims. I doubt he would want to burn his bridges in Spain though.

minh_loc_xoay

This should be easy.

1. Ask De Gea if he will sign a new congract if Pogba commits publicly that he will fight for Man Utd and we spend big on De Ligt, Sancho and a new RB. He will say yes.

2. Tell Pogba we will get De Gea on a new deal, De Ligt, Sancho and a RB if he commits publicly to the team long term. He will.

3. Ask Sancho if he will join us this summer if De Gea sign a new deal, Pogba commits and we buy De Ligt and a new RB. He will.

4. Tell De Ligt we have a project where all of the above happens if he sign, and he will be the captain of the team when we fight for CL-victory 20/21.

Boom, everything settled.
Have you applied for Woodward's transfer assistant position? You'd pass the interviewing round with flying colors after he gets into full muppet mode with your plan. :D

MassiveMorgan

He has liked 2 PSG players on Instagram today. Now I’m too old to care about Instagram myself but I know the younger generation are all over social media. If he’s intelligent (which I believe he is), than he’s basically teasing us all with this ‘which club next’ crap. I’d rather we let this kid go to Barca where he’ll play for 15 years without being a legend- better than pissing about every contract renewal with a boy who thinks he’s bigger than he is. Arrogance at such an early stage isn’t a good thing. Cantona was already a world class talent, this kid was leading a team that lost a 3-0 lead in 45 mins to a Tottenham team missing its best player. He’s not bloody Maldini.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
... this kid was leading a team that lost a 3-0 lead in 45 mins to a Tottenham team missing its best player. ...
Yep, this tends to be forgotten. And although it was just one game, it also the case that so far he's only played in one of Europe's weaker leagues, so I tend to think that the potential transfer fees and wages being bandied for him are based on somewhat shaky foundations.

Any buying club will need to be careful they don't end up with an over-priced player that they won't later be able to shift.

croadyman

He has liked 2 PSG players on Instagram today. Now I’m too old to care about Instagram myself but I know the younger generation are all over social media. If he’s intelligent (which I believe he is), than he’s basically teasing us all with this ‘which club next’ crap. I’d rather we let this kid go to Barca where he’ll play for 15 years without being a legend- better than pissing about every contract renewal with a boy who thinks he’s bigger than he is. Arrogance at such an early stage isn’t a good thing. Cantona was already a world class talent, this kid was leading a team that lost a 3-0 lead in 45 mins to a Tottenham team missing its best player. He’s not bloody Maldini.
Who were the two players out of interest?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
We're not going to change the title with each random quote. If there's actual news, as in a top tier Journo like Di Marzio, Romano, Romero et al say a move is likely, or else the player definitely says he wants to join a particular club or is flying somewhere for a medical then that's worthy of a title change.
In fairness, Romero himself did say United have made a very good offer for De Ligt, which is more significant than the thread title suggesting nothing is happening.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
In fairness, Romero himself did say United have made a very good offer for De Ligt, which is more significant than the thread title suggesting nothing is happening.
That was a while back. We don’t want to feed false narratives that something may or may not happen based on old info.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Raiola gets unfair stick. His clients are not robots.
He does imo. Let’s face it, most would love him as an agent. Zlatan, Pogba et al are no fools.

Football is a short career and I’d want my agent to be a master negotiator. I mean you’re selling yourself short if you have a novice.

reddev3

Raiola gets unfair stick. His clients are not robots.
Exactly, if he tells Raiola to stop hawking him around and sign the contract with Barce it would get done. I swear people forget these agents work for the players and not the other way around.

We've been burned and used a few too many times for me to get excited. He'd be a fantastic signing for us but it feels too good to be true. Fingers crossed though.

Tibs

We can get get it done on the first day of the transfer window mate just say yes :lol:

wolvored

Somebody named Mark Ogden from ESPN reckons he agreed to join Barca 2 months ago, its all done and dusted and Utd know that. Then we have De Ligt with these comments. Somebodys telling porkies.

oreon

I hope this is not it one of the transfer sagas that last the whole summer . If he doesn't accept our offer by end of next week we need to publicly move on. We can't waste a full summer waiting for one guy. There are other options and other positions that we need to focus on especially in midfield.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
fecking feel sickened. Get him in.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Somebody named Mark Ogden from ESPN reckons he agreed to join Barca 2 months ago, its all done and dusted and Utd know that. Then we have De Ligt with these comments. Somebodys telling porkies.
Did Mark Ogden just say this now or was this his view 2 months ago?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Isn't our transfer window open, which window is he waiting for? The one in Spain?
Probably means for him the advancement for transfers isn't open yet because his season is still ongoing with Netherlands.

gulli_G

Probably means for him the advancement for transfers isn't open yet because his season is still ongoing with Netherlands.
It's on: https://www.fifatms.com/itms/worldwide-transfer-windows-calendar/

The Fifa TMS system date for Netherlands and England open on 11 June. For Spain 1st July, so if he signs for us it will have to be after 11 June, if nothing happens fora number of days after that, he is going Barca, they have around a month to work on his transfer if he is going there. But I think he is hinting about the transfer system dates and maybe also that we are doing earlier preseason than Barca? And he wants to join sooner to his new club.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
It's on: https://www.fifatms.com/itms/worldwide-transfer-windows-calendar/

The Fifa TMS system date for Netherlands and England open on 11 June. For Spain 1st July, so if he signs for us it will have to be after 11 June, if nothing happens fora number of days after that, he is going Barca, they have around a month to work on his transfer if he is going there. But I think he is hinting about the transfer system dates and maybe also that we are doing earlier preseason than Barca? And he wants to join sooner to his new club.
No, I get the transfer window is actually open, but he doesn't want to focus on his own transfer business until he's closed his own season off - i.e. played in the Nations League final.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
LFC just bought Van Dyke not too long ago so I doubt they would spunk out 70-80m plus 250k in wages for another high profile defender.

ash_86

Also vvd is on 175k a week . No way MDL settlers for anything less than 200

Raw

Liverpool aren't going to be focusing on signing high profile CBs like De Ligt. They'll want to focus on getting attacking midfielders and adding depth to the squad.

Skills

Snitch
Liverpool aren't going to be focusing on signing high profile CBs like De Ligt. They'll want to focus on getting attacking midfielders and adding depth to the squad.
Relegating Matip to the bench is a great way of adding depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.