Matthijs de Ligt / signs for Juventus, lowering their average age to 56

Status
Not open for further replies.

F-A-C-T-S

fecking hope he doesnt end up at Liverpool. English Tabloids will have a field day 'Shift - De ligt, United ousted by rivals in pursuit of wonderboy!'
The thought is enough to make you sick.

minh_loc_xoay

Had a dream last night. Met him in an airport and he confirmed he was going to United. 13.4 million a year wages.

It's done lads.
The universe has spoken! Muppet way is indeed the true way to live life on CAF. Only in muppet threads do we have enough positivity. :D

Jinn

So, when realistically can we expect any sort of movement?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Had a dream last night. Met him in an airport and he confirmed he was going to United. 13.4 million a year wages.

It's done lads.
That's as good as any confirmation we can get.

Jinn

Nothings happening before the Nations League is all done at the weekend that I'm sure of. Once that's out of the way I expect it to get wrapped up fairly quickly based on nothing but a guess by me.
Ah, so on with the cricket I suppose.

UncleBob

Most don't know what is really happening, but think he is right this time. Note that the links with United come mostly from Barca based journalists and they fabricate and throw a lot of shit too. Common sense says there is a small chance to sign him, and it is really small. I doubt that a top talent like De Ligt dreams about working with Ole.
The clubs and players are usually the interesting bit, add wages and chances of competing.

Doubt he grew up wanting to play for Valverde either.

Treble

The clubs and players are usually the interesting bit, add wages and chances of competing.

Doubt he grew up wanting to play for Valverde either.
Valverde isn't a genius but is way more proven that Ole and Barca are a much better team than United. Currently, the signals coming from United are really bad: the team was in a free fall in the last 2 months of the campaign, no CL footy next season, the only world class players, Pogba and DDG, might leave, Ole is unproven at this level, etc.

De Ligt might fancy himself to make United great again but the risk is big. Meanwhile, while he is playing in EL with United, he will have to watch on TV how De Jong plays with Barca for the CL, how VVD's Liverpool are trying to win the PL, how City compete for the quadruple, etc.

Patrick08

Valverde isn't a genius but is way more proven that Ole and Barca are a much better team than United.
Wouldn't be if they didn't land their targets. We are shit don't come to us mentality is what we should not live with in my opinion.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
The subconscious knows all. :drool:
I had a dream last night too, my car got nicked. Woke up fuming.
The universe has spoken! Muppet way is indeed the true way to live life on CAF. Only in muppet threads do we have enough positivity. :D
That's as good as any confirmation we can get.
And here I was expecting "No significant news or any news in fact".

Box o'chocolate indeed!
Tier 1 confirmed.
If anyone wants to know my credentials, I created the Thiago thread which now resides in the classics as the greatest transfer thread of all time.

Remember that deal was ostensibly done bar a serious bout of Peak-Moyesian dithering.

TrueRed79

Have come to the realisation that this 100% isn't happening. If you think about it logically, the kid would be dumb to come here with the state we are in. It just makes no sense other than £££.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Have come to the realisation that this 100% isn't happening. If you think about it logically, the kid would be dumb to come here with the state we are in. It just makes no sense other than £££.
Unfortunately I believe we've only ever been used to push up the price. Sad but true :(

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
A centre defense of De Ligt and Van Dijk is going to be absolutely outrageous. Has the potential to become one of the strongest duos ever in football.

I want to vomit.

NJM78

I would laugh hard, then cry harder if he joined Liverpool after all the posts about him on here. Obviously would prefer him to go to another league but I can see it now....United v Liverpool watching Rashford and Lukaku trying to bumble their way past VVD and De Ligt whilst Salah, Mane and Firminho have to pit their wits against Laurel and Hardy.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
A centre defense of De Ligt and Van Dijk is going to be absolutely outrageous. Has the potential to become one of the strongest duos ever in football.

I want to vomit.
With those fullbacks as well. Gomez there as well. A goalkeeper who is fully focused on his game. I just want to weep.:(:(:(:(:(

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Raiola would be too expensive for Liverpool.

The Liverpool journos also reported there was no interest in De Ligt which makes sense with Gomez to comeback into the team.

Liverpool will look to sign a creative central player IMO. Their defence is more than strong enough currently.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Oh feck, I regret ever wanting to nick him from under Barca's nose now... just go there. It'd be fecking awful if he went Liverpool

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer

The Liverpool journos also reported there was no interest in De Ligt which makes sense with Gomez to comeback into the team.

Liverpool will look to sign a creative central player IMO. Their defence is more than strong enough currently.
This the shit I wanna read. Cheers

john moran

I want to vomit.
It would completely destroy Liverpool's wage structure which is already the third highest in the league and probably the least sustainable . I am sure Van Dijk would not be very happy to see this kid earn 100k per week more than he does which is the sort figures floating around re UTD and Barca

Mac Asimov

So much negativity on this thread. How do the ' Were too crap for anyone to come to us' brigade get out of bed in the morning. Defeatist depressives or vacuous trolls, take your pick.

We'll See Out There!

Perhaps this has been said before but surly this guy is most certainly a player worth paying over the odds for, not only in transfer fee but in wages as well. He'd be an instant starter of course but dare say captain too fs! Get the feckin check book out Woody its muppet season already.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

He wouldn't be too expensive at all for us. Whether we want to pay him as much as he wants is a different story.

And while it's indeed reported that we weren't in the market for a CB, a lot can change very quickly. Plus no matter how highly I rate Gomez, he isn't to be trusted with his injury record.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He wouldn't be too expensive at all for us. Whether we want to pay him as much as he wants is a different story.

And while it's indeed reported that we weren't in the market for a CB, a lot can change very quickly. Plus no matter how highly I rate Gomez, he isn't to be trusted with his injury record.
I'm talking Raiola being expensive. And then paying De Ligt more than Salah, Mane etc.

Varun

Staff

Liverpool pay the highest agent fees in the league if I'm not mistaken.

SER19

Posted here a while back saying I'd be shocked if pool aren't in for him and that it would be tempting for him. Good football, international teammate, club in a great place. Champions league, pl money. Ticks all the boxes.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I'm talking Raiola being expensive. And then paying De Ligt more than Salah, Mane etc.
Yes, you said "Raiola is too expensive for Liverpool", which he isn't.

Wages is a different story, but no way we'd make De Ligt earn more than Van Dijk who's currently on £150k per week if I'm not mistaken.

Infra-red

Liverpool can absolutely afford to pay the fee, wages and agent's commission, if they want to. We just don't know if they want to.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Yes, you said "Raiola is too expensive for Liverpool", which he isn't.

Wages is a different story, but no way we'd make De Ligt earn more than Van Dijk who's currently on £150k per week if I'm not mistaken.
Raiola is expensive for you because he wants his commission and a big fat wage for the player he's working for. That's why he was hired by De Ligts camp and that's why he's too expensive for you IMO.

Raiola's commission and his clients wage go hand in hand.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
But that still doesn't mean they can pay Raiola what he wants. His commission and around £250k a week for his client.
Yeah, it doesn't make sense for them too as CB is their strongest area both first choice and back ups. They might have to make him highest earner to match the wages offered.

I don't believe the liverpool links. Liverpool journalists reported they are not in for a CB. All these reports are based on Bild story.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I would laugh hard, then cry harder if he joined Liverpool after all the posts about him on here. Obviously would prefer him to go to another league but I can see it now....United v Liverpool watching Rashford and Lukaku trying to bumble their way past VVD and De Ligt whilst Salah, Mane and Firminho have to pit their wits against Laurel and Hardy.
SHUT UP

Status
Not open for further replies.