Matthijs de Ligt / signs for Juventus, lowering their average age to 56

Status
Not open for further replies.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Liverpool will have an issue with their top players if they bring in DeLigt instantly on a higher wage. They’d have contract renewal requests galore

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
Let's face it - as far as epic muppet threads go - this one is a damp squib. It's not doing well.

It's like a flat coke. A broken AC. Fries without salt. Decaf.

"No significant news or any news in fact" has delivered 184 pages.

:wenger:

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Tomorrow is the England V Netherlands game, so I expect our Journos to meet up with Marcel Van der Kraan and chase De Ligt around.

Draco1986

Long term viewer, first time poster. used up my 1 post just to say: De Ligt is ours! Hopefully Holland get knocked out tmrw so we can announce it before the weekend. Im a Muppet and im proud!

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Liverpool have just won the Champions League, i imagine all top stars looking for contract renewals or looking to move will be linked to them, as they'd be seen as a desirable place to go and will most likely heap pressure on buying clubs. Same as agents and media use United's name to raise prices and wage amounts.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Long term viewer, first time poster. used up my 1 post just to say: De Ligt is ours! Hopefully Holland get knocked out tmrw so we can announce it before the weekend. Im a Muppet and im proud!
They have to play a game on Sunday regardless of their result tonight.

croadyman

I wouldn't usually endorse this but we need to offer serious wages for him that Liverpool won't pay

This movement in the Liverpool odds suggests that someone knows something and it's getting worrying.

RedDevilRoshi

If we don’t get him, then hope to God it ain’t Liverpool. Never hear the end of it and the prospect of them having one of the worst defences out of the top 6 not that long ago to one of the best in the world is just a scary thought.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
If we don’t get him, then hope to God it ain’t Liverpool. Never hear the end of it and the prospect of them having one of the worst defences out of the top 6 not that long ago to one of the best in the world is just a scary thought.
It's already the best in the world by a long way unfortunately. Sickens me comparing our recruitment with theirs in the last 10 years.

Suv666

Doubt Lpool will be in for him. Gomez looks class and their defence is solid already they wouldnt spend 70-80m on it. Reckon they'll tweak their midfield season and probably buy some attackers for depth.

Nico87

I doubt Raiola would be pushing for Liverpool,he’s previously slated Klopp publicly over his treatment of Balotelli.

KristianMackle

I have a gut feeling we'll get him and I suspect reading some quotes a few moments ago, Barca are getting worried that we're closer to getting him.

They have Lenglet, Pique still going, Umtiti, Murillo. We have no CBs capable of getting us to the next level. We need him more than they do

Rooney1987

I have a gut feeling we'll get him and I suspect reading some quotes a few moments ago, Barca are getting worried that we're closer to getting him.

They have Lenglet, Pique still going, Umtiti, Murillo. We have no CBs capable of getting us to the next level. We need him more than they do
I assume these are the quotes.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
It's already the best in the world by a long way unfortunately. Sickens me comparing our recruitment with theirs in the last 10 years.
Last 5 years our recruitment had been spot on but let's not go back over the last 10 years. Just thinking of Poulsen, Downing, Aquilani, Konchesky and Carrol are enough to bring any Liverpool fan out in a cold sweat.
Our first great signing I think was Firmino and although he was signed under Rodgers, he came good when Klopp took over. Since then, we have hardly put a foot wrong in the transfer market and have made some very smart buys and some even smarter sales.

Oh, and for what it's worth (I.e. not much), I'd be absolutely shocked if the De Ligt to Liverpool rumours are true. Raiola probably put £500 on him joining us just to unsettle the market and get Barca worrying so they stump up more cash

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Feck - what exactly has Barca done ?

Think he has rejected them.

Status
Not open for further replies.