Matthijs de Ligt / signs for Juventus, lowering their average age to 56

Status
Not open for further replies.

nainaisson

If he goes to PSG, that is just plain sad. Not saying we deserve his look right now, but I do believe there is something to being the player(s) that turn United around and take us back to fighting at the top.
If he wants to join the Harlem Globetrotters of football and help them beat up on the Washington Generals every week, then he's not the kind of player United needs.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
He looks like he'll be a very good CB. I just find it annoying that it's so hard to find an alternative that can do what he does. There's a real lack of dominant CBs right now on the market. I almost feel that it's a bit crazy that a CB has such a massive transfer frenzy right now, I've never known it before.

I actually think we're better off going for somebody like Saliba. Heard a French journo on the radio really singing his praises, from what he said it sounds like he could be a real gem in the making and probably a fraction of the cost.

Last edited:

Kaglish10

He looks like he'll be a very good CB. I just find it annoying that it's so hard to find an alternative that can do what he does. There's a real lack of dominant CBs right now on the market. I almost feel that it's a bit crazy that a CB has such a massive transfer frenzy right now, I've never known it before.

I actually think we're better off going for somebody like Saliba. Heard a French journo on the radio really singing his praises, from what he said it sounds like he could be a real gem in the making and probably a fraction of the cost.
He's got good stats too and he also looks good on the ball but I think he plays on the right side of the central defence. But if we could get him cheap, he could be a steal for us because as a matter of fact, we need two central defenders as we speak.

Suv666

What a waste it would be signing for PSG. Get a new agent kid.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Genuinely....

THIS is the guy you lot have been losing your shit over?

:lol:
He made a mistake and he recovered from it quickly. He even scored a goal making Stones look stupid in the process. Don't forget we're talking about a 19 year old here.

What are Stone's and Maguire's excuse for playing so shit? I've yet to see a game were the slow lump justifies the crazy fee asked.

Last edited:

UpWithRivers

He is going to be great but not for a few seasons if he joins the prem. Players will bully him and push him off the ball easily...Especially the likes of Deeny, Rondon etc.

crossy1686

career ending
He is going to be great but not for a few seasons if he joins the prem. Players will bully him and push him off the ball easily...Especially the likes of Deeny, Rondon etc.
He was bullying forwards like Mbappe last week and last night he completely stopped anything England threw at him, apart from the one mistake he made.

NJM78

Jesus, City win the league and 4 other teams make European finals and it's a one team league?
How many teams can win the league? One.

I'm not talking about the strength of all the individual teams, that is relatively high compared to alot of European teams. My point is City will likely keep winning it as far as I am concerned. That's one team and the same team.

My point is pretty simple really.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
What a waste it would be signing for PSG. Get a new agent kid.
Doubt he cares about fans that want to see him play on a regular basis, nor shouldn't he. Why should he get a new agent? He'll get paid handsomely and gets to live in one of the coolest cities in Europe. He's also 19 so plenty of time to get another move at 23-24 if he wants to.

Agent has nothing to do with this, he'll just follow instructions from his client and it seems like De Ligt wants money first and foremost.

ArjenIsM3

Doubt he cares about fans that want to see him play on a regular basis, nor shouldn't he. Why should he get a new agent? He'll get paid handsomely and gets to live in one of the coolest cities in Europe. He's also 19 so plenty of time to get another move at 23-24 if he wants to.

Agent has nothing to do with this, he'll just follow instructions from his client and it seems like De Ligt wants money first and foremost.
Tbh when players want a move away from PSG things don't usually go well.

Suv666

Its not about the fans. Cant see PSG winning the CL in the foreseeable future and its incredibly difficult to leave, if you want to someday. Not to mention no Ligue 1 players will ever be considered for top honours like Ballon D'or because the league is piss poor. Even the likes of Neymar want out if recent reports are to believed.

Suv666

How many teams can win the league? One.

I'm not talking about the strength of all the individual teams, that is relatively high compared to alot of European teams. My point is City will likely keep winning it as far as I am concerned. That's one team and the same team.

My point is pretty simple really.
City and Liverpool were seperated by 2 points. How the feck can you be so sure City will keep winning the league?

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

No where near the same level though, this is the issue. From the little I can catch of saint-e this season, he’s not as good in the air as on the floor. Anyone buying him will be sending him back on loan for a season, he’s only had 13 starts in the league this season.

Fahad Jawaid

I saw a dream like 4 to 5 days ago, that i logged into redcafe and on top of it, it said utd have agreed the fee for De Ligt, hopefully that happens because he's some player and exactly what we need.

I think him signing for another team will be the most difficult to take along with Cancelo, since these are two players we need the most to close the gap between us and City, Liverpool etc.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Tbh when players want a move away from PSG things don't usually go well.
Just run down your contract, he'll be 23 or 24 by then and could still easily leave just like Rabiot seems to be doing right now. Jese, Lo Celso, Pastore, Trapp, Moura, Matuidi, Aurier, Luiz, Digne, Cabaye, Lavezzi and plenty of others have left PSG in recent years - of course they're not the big stars like Verratti who find it much more difficult to leave, but still it's not like they're actually keeping you as a prisoner down there.

Does it show lack of ambition to go there? Probably. Will it be against his will? Not a chance, so not sure why anyone is blaming Raiola should he sign for PSG.

hubbuh

This one goes to City I think.

Well so the question is: if no CB is coming should I watch MU games next season?
If your continued allegiance to United is dependent on whether or not we make a particular transfer then maybe it wasn’t that strong to begin with?

So I’d say don’t bother regardless.

SaintMuppet

If he does not want to come here then screw him. Let’s focus on those that want to be here and play for the shirt.

All the wailing and gnashing of teeth is idiocy. If he does not want to play for us then he really is not what we need.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I seriously doubt that. he's strong as hell

Ooge_

Supports
Werder
Who "really" wants to play for ManUtd nowadays? Yes! Someone who hasn´t better options (sporty and financially). Can´t judge de Ligt for being in great demand.

Last edited by a moderator:

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Marca has "United out of the race". Hopefully, they'll show once again why I see them as The Spanish Sun

Aloysius's Back 3

I don't mind if we get rejected by the guy - but not going for him and giving him martial type contract and even more is just stupid.

Matt007a

I can't see him going to PSG. Everything about his personality suggests he's an absolute winner. Collecting easy trophies in a second rate league would not appeal to him. He is the kind of man who brings those around him up to his own standards and wants to be the absolute best.

I think it's more likely Raiola trying to get them involved to boost his own agent fee.

Kaglish10

No where near the same level though, this is the issue. From the little I can catch of saint-e this season, he’s not as good in the air as on the floor. Anyone buying him will be sending him back on loan for a season, he’s only had 13 starts in the league this season.
Yeah, the stats say he's not good in the air also.

kdmaka

We are defiantly the greater challenge of all the clubs right now. Partly because of our form right now but mainly because of the weight of of expectations of us the fans and the negativity it comes with it. That being said I think this kid has the stomach to choose us, it takes some character to choose the hard road, some take it easy and choose PSG. Either way let’s see- btw there are lots of other talented CB available we just need one with character made with steel. Stop being pussies Caf- rant over

SER19

Spending a number of years from age 19 in ligue 1 for a team that coasts games would be disastrous developmentally.

Taking off my united glasses I think that right now if I were de Ligt, I would rate potential offers as follows, based on those being linked

Smart move- Barcelona. Great league, team mate going also, ageing defence that I could own for a decade, best player in world, good football culture, constant champions league and title challenges

Perfect timing- Liverpool. Current European champions, club in a great place, manager secure and popular with great football. Best league in world to develop, more senior international team mate beside me, chance for long term club and Country partnership.

The food for thought- Man United. Probably most ready to make me the leader, possibly captain in near future, part of a youthful rebuild? Incredible money not likely to be matched. If it goes well could be iconic player of biggest club in world.

I wouldnt even consider psg if I were him. City I'm not sure how strongly they're linked but likely guardiola leaving in 2-3 years max, possible champions league ban and playing for a club with pretty much no gravitas would put me off personally.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I hope this'll be a real wake up call to Woodward/Glazers that we aren't top of the foodchain anymore.

Having lots of money is pointless if you can't back it up on the pitch.

Peeping Tim

Supports
Liverpool
Marca has "United out of the race". Hopefully, they'll show once again why I see them as The Spanish Sun
Was it Marca or AS that has you rivalling Real for Salah? :lol:

I wouldn't worry about it at this stage!

RyanJDowney

He just needs to shut up and get on with it at this stage.

Leading everybody on and drip feeding quotes isn’t a good trait of a man. I don’t care if he’s being told to or not.

All he has to say is I know where I’m going and let the club deal with it from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.