Mauricio Amadaeus Pochettino | Chelsea sack watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I guess if he wins the champions league he’d deserve an interview for the United job. ;)
I'd be surprised if he won the Champions League, Barca made them look a lot better than they actually are.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
A superior manager exposing an average one like Koeman, so nothing to see here.
Swap the two managers and PSG still win. Barca is finished. They've had an incredible run but their time as the very best is over for now. They will be back though at some point.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
The people who salivate at the mouth for any manager as long as he has the 'United DNA' and 'knows the club', irrespective of his managerial ability etc i just have a seething irrational disliking of, holding us back in the name of sentimentality, they celebrate whilst all the other good managers pass us by, really can't wait for them to celebrate when Nagelsmann goes elsewhere to.

We'll regret letting Pochettino go to PSG when he was free and available for so long, absolutely crazy decision
Agree, big mistake.

GMoore23

How he manages to win against Barca without buying 10-15 new players and without 5 years plan? Something is not right here
You do realise Ole knocked out a stronger PSG side without buying any players as an interim manager without a 5 year plan

Mainoldo

Last I checked we beat PSG when they were at full strength with Di Maria and Neymar, so I'm going to have to doubt that.
Then when it mattered we lost. A final 16 seems like it matters. So we would have lost.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Shame we didn’t get him in summer 2019. Would’ve been good here.
2013 to replace Fergie. 2016 to build on what van Gaal was trying to build. Recently as a free agent. I would've loved him here at any of those times.
People still dont realise this isnt the barca of old, do they? good win, but not amazing
Of course but to do that at the Camp Nou is brilliant. Not just the score but the football on show.
Last I checked we beat PSG when they were at full strength with Di Maria and Neymar, so I'm going to have to doubt that.
They didn't have Poch then. Huge difference.

Mainoldo

You do realise Ole knocked out a stronger PSG side without buying any players as an interim manager without a 5 year plan
Oh yes. Your remember the game? They battered us we got the luck of the draw.

wr8_utd

:'(
Love the guy and would have loved for him to replace Ole but I don't think one should read too much into today's result. Barca are a really poor team. We'll see how good he is if/when he faces a Bayern/Liverpool/Atleti.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Barca's last knockout CL game was 8-2. Relax, its a shit Barcelona

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Ok, fun is over. What is done is done. We are lucky that PSG hired someone quickly because if Poch wasn't available, they would probably offer job to Ole. We were lucky there

Mickson

Says it all about United that they chose to have Ole before Pochettino. Shocking decision by a professional football club.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Oh yes. Your remember the game? They battered us we got the luck of the draw.
Have you ever taken any pleasure out of “supporting” this club?

I just went back to your posts from years ago and you were the same miserable creature back then.

We never have!! if your talking about Europe's elite. Yes we are wasteful in the market because we keep leaving gaps in positions that need filling i.e. a defensive midfielder. Any player bought buy a club will add something new to the club thats the whole point of buying them.. Carrick will be a usefull addiction to this squad but is he really what we needed if you had the choice of buying one outfield player???

Oh noes! We bought Carrick and not Diarra! This club is going nowhere fast!

ericPSG

Supports
PSG
PSG had a very poor first half of the season
Champions league finale late August, then key players including neymar and mbappe got COVID in Ibiza, then the start of the season without physical preparation and playing every 3 days and injuries like i have never seen. Too many injuries to count.

I watch most of the PSG games and they are way better physically for the past few games

Beating PSG in october / november is not the same as beating them now

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
It’s one game. If he wins the entire thing then fair enough.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Love the guy and would have loved for him to replace Ole but I don't think one should read too much into today's result. Barca are a really poor team. We'll see how good he is if/when he faces a Bayern/Liverpool/Atleti.
He has already got to a final and had a joke of a decision go against him in the first few minutes.

With this squad I think he can go all the way. It's a lot better than the Spurs team he took to the final and to be honest you would expect a top manager to take this PSG all the way. It's going to be interesting to see how he gets on.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Di Matteo won a CL as an interim manager, now that's impressive.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
While they are not what they wre used to, if you look at the line up, it´s still great players, they should do much better

Mainoldo

Have you ever taken any pleasure out of “supporting” this club?

I just went back to your posts from years ago and you were the same miserable creature back then.

Oh noes! We bought Carrick and not Diarra! This club is going nowhere fast!
Are you okay? You went back and quoted a post I made in 2006 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jesus Christ. I’ve never called anyone sad on this forum but man!!

I mean explain what this has to do with Poch?

As for miserable. I come on here to discuss sh!te. Do you really think I would want to express my excitement and celebrations on a forum. When we won stuff I celebrated with my friends :)

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Are you okay? You went back and quoted a post I made in 2006 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jesus Christ. I’ve never called anyone sad on this forum but man!!

I mean explain what this has to do with Poch?
Just pointing out that for the last 15 years you’ve been a tedious doom merchant that does nothing but moan about United and yet expect people to take you seriously.

L1nk

They battered us all over the park, we had a Buffon fumble infront of Lukaku, a defenders back pass that was played short and into Lukaku's path for a 1v1, and a penalty, that's how we won, not by some managers wonder plan

AltiUn

How he manages to win against Barca without buying 10-15 new players and without 5 years plan? Something is not right here
The attack he inherited cost £400m alone to assemble. Honestly, even you must understand how ridiculous you sound. Solskjaer isn't a better manager than Pochettino, by a long stretch in my opinion, but you lot have found some very strange ways to arrive at that conclusion. Plus that Barcelona team is complete shite.

L1nk

Who said that?
The people who are happy we kept Ole instead of going for Pochettino, when all evidence and people with eyes know Pochettino is a better manager

The attack he inherited cost £400m alone to assemble. Honestly, even you must understand how ridiculous you sound. Solskjaer isn't a better manager than Pochettino, by a long stretch in my opinion, but you lot have found some very strange ways to arrive at that conclusion. Plus that Barcelona team is complete shite.
Yeah, but key word, inherited. Everyone on here was banging on about, we can't judge Ole when he hasn't got any of his own players! Why is it only our club that has to wait for a manager to sign their own players and do something in like 5 seasons time, where as every other manager has to inherit their squad and do something with it

Yagami

Good post resistant
It’s one game. If he wins the entire thing then fair enough.
Those of us who are fans of his aren't basing it on one game, though. For me, it goes back to his time at Espanyol where, after a Barcelona -Espanyol derby, Pep raved about the style he implements on his team. Though it wasn't until his Southampton days where I was fully sold on him.

PoTMS

Knowing our horrendous luck, we will end up finishing outside the top 4 and Pochettino will end up winning the Champions League.

AltiUn

Those of us who are fans of his aren't basing it on one game, though. For me, it goes back to his time at Espanyol where, after a Barcelona -Espanyol derby, Pep raved about the style he implements on his team. Though it wasn't until his Southampton days where I was fully sold on him.
Actually that sounds exactly like what people are doing, maybe you not personally but many are acting as if this one game has completely confirmed every opinion they ever held on the man, as if this isn't the first leg of the first knock out stage.

Mainoldo

Just pointing out that for the last 15 years you’ve been a tedious doom merchant that does nothing but moan about United and yet expect people to take you seriously.
Again it’s one post. You don’t know my tone. I come on here to discuss topics and gather the temperature of the fan base not to join some kind of weird sing a long.

I don’t have a clue what context that post was about but find it weird that you personally took it upon yourself to do research on me. You writing a Mainoldo dissertation?

Status
Not open for further replies.