Mauricio Amadaeus Pochettino | Chelsea sack watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
:lol:

Simple question for you : Who PSG ever hire Olly ?
How many teams would have hired Zidane before his time at Madrid?

Unlikely any top clubs would have unless they were desperate.

Ole was brought in because of his relationship to the club. Would any top team have hired Pep Guardiola before he took over the senior Barca team?

Not saying Ole is as good as these managers but it's a stupid question as a players experience with the club does play a vital role in them understanding what is required.

Even if Ole won the Champion's League here, I doubt a Madrid, Bayern, Barca or PSG would hire him.

So he got to the CL final and lost, EL Final and lost.
Fact is he won nothing for 4 years and took 5 years to win the league,
That’s not fact in fairness.
In his first 2 full seasons, he achieved 4th with mid 70’s points and a CL final.
In his 3rd full season he won the CL and came within a point of the league on 97 points.

Thats not the post you were quoting me on so stop trying to twist things to suit yourself.
The argument that it can take time is a fine one, but if you really going to pull him up against Klopp then Ole needs to be picking up 75-ish points this year and making it to a Champions League final to show the same level of progression in just his second full season.

Why use that as a comparison?

What Klopp managed in just two full seasons was sensational. It’s not at all helpful in the debate regarding Ole.

90 + 5min

First of all, I am not a Ole hater. Go check my posts. I want whats best for the club.

I am talking about progression, Ole has not shown the same signs as the managers that he is being compared to. He has done a good job, but in time it will be clear it isn't good enough.

Klopp didn't win a trophy with Liverpool but we saw progression. Klopp took Liverpool to the final of Europa league in 15/16 in his first full season.

Also then in this 2nd full season he got to the final of the CL, we are here playing Thursday night football when the quality of CL teams is probably the lowest its ever been. We cannot even get through the group stages.

Its not true?

2017/18 -
CL Group stage - +17 goal difference
Last 16 - 5 - 0 against Porto
Quarter Final - 5-1 against City
Semi - 7-6 against Roma
PL - top 4 85 goals and 38 conceded - 2nd best goal difference.

How is that not blowing teams apart?

18/19 and 19/20 showed even further progression.

How can you even put Ole in the same sentence? Football hasn't improved, results haven't really improved.

He fluked results in 2018 and still flukes results. There is 0 consistency for 3 years.
What is progression?

If we manage to stay 2nd at the end of season would that be progression from last year? And year before? If we win a trophy? This is Solskjaer 2nd season and we are taking steps forward. If it will be enough? Nobody knows. But we are going forward.

You still pick results so it can suit agenda. If we take that season, they got beaten by ManCity 5-0, they got beaten by Tottenham 4-1. We and Chelsea beat them and afterall they came 4th in Premier League. I wouldn't really call that blowing teams apart.

Football has improved and results have improved. You, who like stats by looking at your post, should check our last seasons and statistics. Everything from possesion to goals scored. From points to shoots on goal.

I will also mention that football is not only CL. It seems to me that you are just talking about that.

romufc

What is progression?

If we manage to stay 2nd at the end of season would that be progression from last year? And year before? If we win a trophy? This is Solskjaer 2nd season and we are taking steps forward. If it will be enough? Nobody knows. But we are going forward.

You still pick results so it can suit agenda. If we take that season, they got beaten by ManCity 5-0, they got beaten by Tottenham 4-1. We and Chelsea beat them and afterall they came 4th in Premier League. I wouldn't really call that blowing teams apart.

Football has improved and results have improved. You, who like stats by looking at your post, should check our last seasons and statistics. Everything from possesion to goals scored. From points to shoots on goal.

I will also mention that football is not only CL. It seems to me that you are just talking about that.

Progression is getting better results, playing better and winning trophies.

Finishing 2nd and no trophy is not a sign of progression. You also watch football with your eyes, the football we play has 0 progression ever since 2018.

Klopp went from EL -> CL final -> CL win
Klopp went from top 4 -> title challenge -> Title win
Klopp went from 70 points -> 98 points

Ole is going 66 points to 66 points to lets see this season
Ole is going EL semi to -> knocked out CL group stage
Ole is going from Semi Finals -> Semi Finals

That is not progression, its a false sense of progression.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
So which are wrong then. Lets here it.
What @romufc said plus Klopp only failed to reach top 4 in his first season (not full season). But he reached EL final and LC final in that season. Not few years as you said

But why to compare him with Klopp? Why not Conte or Ranieri who both won PL in their FIRST season

90 + 5min

Progression is getting better results, playing better and winning trophies.

Finishing 2nd and no trophy is not a sign of progression. You also watch football with your eyes, the football we play has 0 progression ever since 2018.

Klopp went from EL -> CL final -> CL win
Klopp went from top 4 -> title challenge -> Title win
Klopp went from 70 points -> 98 points

Ole is going 66 points to 66 points to lets see this season
Ole is going EL semi to -> knocked out CL group stage
Ole is going from Semi Finals -> Semi Finals

That is not progression, its a false sense of progression.
Ok, this is Pochettino thread but I can't let this go unanswered.

You are trying hard to disscredit Solskjaer by constantly use him in negative way. Progression is like you said. Playing better, better results and winning trophy. What I see is that we are only missing trophies. The other one are clearly better than last couple of seasons.

Solskjaer going from semifinal in cups to (we will see)?
Solskjaer going from EL to CL
Solskjaer going from 6 place to 3 last year and maybe even higher this year

Klopp going from PL trophy to not PL trophy and potential missing CL.
Klopp going from eliminated early in domestic cups to eliminated early on domestic cups.
Klopp going from 90+ points to maybe 70+ points.

Do you see how people can manipulate statistics to suit its agenda? With that said, should Klopp get sacked because Liverpool clearly is in regression this year.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
First of all, go check your maths skills before questioning mine. They had to pay a £15m loan fee as well. I guess you decided to ignore that because it suits your narrative.

This shows me that you are the one who has no idea what you are talking about and letting your beliefs think you are right.

Do you want me to show you Kane and Son numbers compared to Modric and Bale at Spurs. Also in case you didn't know, players hit their Prime at 26-30 in which both Bale and Modric were at Madrid whereas Son and Kane were at Spurs.

Finally, Dembele was one of the best CM in the league. What he got into a CL final means he achieved more? Di Matteo won a CL final, does it make him a better manager than Poch?

Poch bottled league titles when he had a very good spurs team.
Even with that loan fee that still did not amount to what we paid for Bruno. And as before, Bruno was not available for that such of deal in the summer. Different funds are allocated in different transfer window. That is why we didn’t buy Bruno is the summer as we already used most of our funds on different players. It is a concept so simple, that it is crazy you don’t understand it. How can you argue against that? You are obvious a bad troll or don’t have a clue if you think Bruno was available in the summer for the same value as lo celso.

son and Kane are attacking players, with the latter a striker and the former an inverted forward. Modric is a central midfield player, while bale is a wide attacker. If you are going to show me assist and goal output, you must not understand how football works. These players stat in That regards should be better because of their position and responsibility, but the value of Modric(who went and win ballon D’or) and bale who as I stated is equal or greater in value than Kane at the time, is more relevant in this scenario.

Dembele one of the best cm in the league :lol:. Getting in the champions league final and consistently getting top four is a better accomplishment than anything redknapp achieved. the Argument of winning trophy is irrelevant without context. considering that Di Mateo won the champions league, why is it that he can’t find a big job? You are a bad troll and similiar to samsky with the content of your post.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The argument that it can take time is a fine one, but if you really going to pull him up against Klopp then Ole needs to be picking up 75-ish points this year and making it to a Champions League final to show the same level of progression in just his second full season.

What Klopp managed in just two full seasons was sensational. It’s not at all helpful in the debate regarding Ole.
It's because the case for Ole isn't strong and hence they resort to lame arguments like drawing parallels with perceived failings of genuinely top class managers and the arbitrary nonsense bringing back our culture etc

romufc

Ok, this is Pochettino thread but I can't let this go unanswered.

You are trying hard to disscredit Solskjaer by constantly use him in negative way. Progression is like you said. Playing better, better results and winning trophy. What I see is that we are only missing trophies. The other one are clearly better than last couple of seasons.

Solskjaer going from semifinal in cups to (we will see)?
Solskjaer going from EL to CL
Solskjaer going from 6 place to 3 last year and maybe even higher this year

Klopp going from PL trophy to not PL trophy and potential missing CL.
Klopp going from eliminated early in domestic cups to eliminated early on domestic cups.
Klopp going from 90+ points to maybe 70+ points.

Do you see how people can manipulate statistics to suit its agenda? With that said, should Klopp get sacked because Liverpool clearly is in regression this year.

Yes In understand what you are doing. Klopp has built credit with LFC fans so a bad year can be allowed, I guarantee you if it continues into next season, they will call for his sacking.

Ole has not built any credit to deserve the time. He got us CL then 6 months later sent us out of it anyway.

Also, lets forget points, trophies etc. Liverpool for the last 3 seasons could go into a game knowing what to expect, high press, quick attacking football.

Unfortunately, we don't know what we get, we could be 1/2-0 down in 10 mins like has happened alot of times or we could be 1-0 up and bottle it.

There is no consistency in peformances.

I have always said Ole has done a good job but at the end of the season, if we dont win a trophy & get top 4 he should get sacked.

amolbhatia50k

Are you not aware that is is exactly the same when it comes to Solskjaer?
Yep. The difference being they played magnificent football not long after. Thr signs of a top team were there. It's the old Klopp vs Mourinho type debate. The clueless ones on the caf thought Mourinho was doing a better job when we finished 2nd and they 4th when it clear that it was their trajectory was headed to the top. If only would not Bury their heads in the sand and focus on more than silly metrics.

Amadaeus

That’s absolute nonsense. All we see on here is Ole can’t coach and our goals come from individual brilliance. So I’d ask you what’s the difference between goals we’ve scored and those from mbappe last night?

have all our goals been solo runs from the half way line or 30 yard screamers this season? I really don’t think so. Or have our goals required players passing to each other and then a goal occurring, have we scored goals with 20-30 passes before hand? I think so but only the goal scorer then uses his individual brilliance I guess.

you call a goal on the break a well worked tactical goal yet we’ve scored goals in the break but we put that down to individual brilliance.

your head is so far up an arse it can’t even see what it thinks its seeing
I am never implied all, but we have had a number of individual brilliant goal that even Gary Neville would admit. You don’t even know what goals I am referring to when I stated that our goals from Bruno, Pogba, and Rashford were individual brilliance. The only one head up his arse is you, as I can provide evidence to what I am saying by quoting neville who is definitely a strong United fan and doesn’t have an agenda on ole. You can read the part on individual brilliance in the link below.

https://www.goal.com/en-us/news/man...t-are-they-neville/165bg7tvv6qt114s6v8f4b7vqr

he is echoing what I am saying, the only difference between you and I is that some fans are living more in reality.

Lee565

How many teams would have hired Zidane before his time at Madrid?

Unlikely any top clubs would have unless they were desperate.

Ole was brought in because of his relationship to the club. Would any top team have hired Pep Guardiola before he took over the senior Barca team?

Not saying Ole is as good as these managers but it's a stupid question as a players experience with the club does play a vital role in them understanding what is required.

Even if Ole won the Champion's League here, I doubt a Madrid, Bayern, Barca or PSG would hire him.
Difference is ole had been in management for 10 years already, where as zidane and Guardiola were brand new to management and also were groomed for their roles with Barca and madrid via their b teams.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Ahh @amedeus I edited my post to you and ducked it up and lost it.

it said something along the lines of you question our coaching due to our individual brilliance goals while ignoring all the other goals we scored through luck or magic, yet using individual brilliance goals to beat Ole with, but goals we’ve scored are no different to those scored last night by PSG that you are praising as well coached goals.

I get that you think pochetino is a better coach and I agree with you, I just didn’t agree with you that we should have sacked Ole for him and nothing that’s happened since as proved either way right or wrong, it’s actually something that can never be proven, no matter how much you quote Neville.

you making stuff up to prove points though, especially if you’re going to act all know it all as if you’ve been proved right about anything, I can’t help but reply.

Last edited:

Threesus

I don’t think he will deserve credit at PSG unless he wins the CL. And he has a good chance of that this season.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Are you not aware that is is exactly the same when it comes to Solskjaer?
Not even close. Except top 4 Ole is far awy from Klopp. But nevermind, i find amusing in general comparing Ole with Klopp. What is next? Cafu vs AWB? Or McT vs Rijkaard?

romufc

Even with that loan fee that still did not amount to what we paid for Bruno. And as before, Bruno was not available for that such of deal in the summer. Different funds are allocated in different transfer window. That is why we didn’t buy Bruno is the summer as we already used most of our funds on different players. It is a concept so simple, that it is crazy you don’t understand it. How can you argue against that? You are obvious a bad troll or don’t have a clue if you think Bruno was available in the summer for the same value as lo celso.

son and Kane are attacking players, with the latter a striker and the former an inverted forward. Modric is a central midfield player, while bale is a wide attacker. If you are going to show me assist and goal output, you must not understand how football works. These players stat in That regards should be better because of their position and responsibility, but the value of Modric(who went and win ballon D’or) and bale who as I stated is equal or greater in value than Kane at the time, is more relevant in this scenario.

Dembele one of the best cm in the league :lol:. Getting in the champions league final and consistently getting top four is a better accomplishment than anything redknapp achieved. the Argument of winning trophy is irrelevant without context. considering that Di Mateo won the champions league, why is it that he can’t find a big job? You are a bad troll and similiar to samsky with the content of your post.
Okay with your vast knowledge of fees, to date how much have we paid for Bruno?

Secondly, I am a troll and yet you dont seem to understand football positions. Go check where Bale played for Spurs and Madrid.. as a forward.. similar to where Son plays. So don't tell me one is an attacker and one is a wide forward, its exactly the same.

Why is it relevant without context, go on put some context? I agree Poch built a very good team at Spurs and he is a good coach but nowhere near Klopp or Pep.

Klopp came to Liverpool when they were not getting CL regularly and took them to a top level club. Poch didnt.

What frustrates me is the reasons why people want Ole gone for Poch were saying he doesnt make subs, he doesnt change shape. That is the same problem alot of Spurs fans had on Poch, he was too stubborn.

I recall a poster on here saying he keeps persisting with a 442 diamond when its not working.

Amadaeus

Okay with your vast knowledge of fees, to date how much have we paid for Bruno?

Secondly, I am a troll and yet you dont seem to understand football positions. Go check where Bale played for Spurs and Madrid.. as a forward.. similar to where Son plays. So don't tell me one is an attacker and one is a wide forward, its exactly the same.

Why is it relevant without context, go on put some context? I agree Poch built a very good team at Spurs and he is a good coach but nowhere near Klopp or Pep.

Klopp came to Liverpool when they were not getting CL regularly and took them to a top level club. Poch didnt.

What frustrates me is the reasons why people want Ole gone for Poch were saying he doesnt make subs, he doesnt change shape. That is the same problem alot of Spurs fans had on Poch, he was too stubborn.

I recall a poster on here saying he keeps persisting with a 442 diamond when its not working.
inital fee start around £47m, but the add-one in his clause has been easily met already. Not sure whether we have payed those amount yet, but it still suit my argument that Bruno was not available for £15m in the summer on a loan. So, there was no option of poch getting Bruno over lo celso, unless he was provide more funds. Bale started as a wingback and moved to wide attacker. His time at Real Madrid is irrelevant to this context. Son, plays as an inverted winger whose responsibility is different that a winger who would typically hug the sideline. there aren’t the same thing. You can have different responsibilities as an attacker and if I have to explain that to you, then I know I am just wasting my time.

klopp took over a bigger club than Pochettino, with a much bigger fund. You are making it simpler with your argument. the reason some people want ole gone is because the identity he has brought to this club seems reliant on having the best player playing free style football, rather than a team that plays with cohesion and understanding of each other. That is why many fans on here keep saying ole needs another coach to help with that or proclaim we are a badly coached side. If that wasn’t the case, we would not have those such of threads.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I don’t think he will deserve credit at PSG unless he wins the CL. And he has a good chance of that this season.
It would be an even bigger accomplishment than most would give him credit for. PSG has been a mess this season, and I'm wary of giving too much credence to one result against a piss-poor Barcelona, but the team looked great and he's clearly made some tweaks that have worked to great effects. Pushing Veratti higher up, letting Paredes run the show from deep, which he did excellently and he has massively improved since he first arrived. If they can keep it up, they are as dangerous a side as any in the Champion's League, but man did they look bad so far in Ligue 1 with Tuchel and in the first few weeks of Poch.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
It would be an even bigger accomplishment than most would give him credit for. PSG has been a mess this season, and I'm wary of giving too much credence to one result against a piss-poor Barcelona, but the team looked great and he's clearly made some tweaks that have worked to great effects. Pushing Veratti higher up, letting Paredes run the show from deep, which he did excellently and he has massively improved since he first arrived. If they can keep it up, they are as dangerous a side as any in the Champion's League, but man did they look bad so far in Ligue 1 with Tuchel and in the first few weeks of Poch.
We've already seen all the vast downplaying of his achievements at Spurs. I think a lot of people are not going to be willing to give any credit to Poch regardless of what he achieves at PSG.

90 + 5min

Yes In understand what you are doing. Klopp has built credit with LFC fans so a bad year can be allowed, I guarantee you if it continues into next season, they will call for his sacking.

Ole has not built any credit to deserve the time. He got us CL then 6 months later sent us out of it anyway.

Also, lets forget points, trophies etc. Liverpool for the last 3 seasons could go into a game knowing what to expect, high press, quick attacking football.

Unfortunately, we don't know what we get, we could be 1/2-0 down in 10 mins like has happened alot of times or we could be 1-0 up and bottle it.

There is no consistency in peformances.

I have always said Ole has done a good job but at the end of the season, if we dont win a trophy & get top 4 he should get sacked.
Solskjaer has for me shown that step by step we are going forward. He needs to be given credit and deserves to be manager. Now, every manager have a red line that is what you least expect. I expect top 4 this year because that would be progress from last year looking at overall performences. Would I give him sack if he didn't deliver that? I don't know.

Yep. The difference being they played magnificent football not long after. Thr signs of a top team were there. It's the old Klopp vs Mourinho type debate. The clueless ones on the caf thought Mourinho was doing a better job when we finished 2nd and they 4th when it clear that it was their trajectory was headed to the top. If only would not Bury their heads in the sand and focus on more than silly metrics.
What magnificent football looks like is from person to person. Some will say that they like Mourinho style and some will say they like Klopp style. There is not a "right way" to play football. We have scored most goals in Premier League so far. I wouldn't say that it is bad football, whatever system people like.

Not even close. Except top 4 Ole is far awy from Klopp. But nevermind, i find amusing in general comparing Ole with Klopp. What is next? Cafu vs AWB? Or McT vs Rijkaard?
So am I wrong that Solskjaer has not missed top 4 more then Klopp?

I'm not comparing Solskjaer to Klopp who is better. I'm telling that you can't give one credit while you stamp on the other with pretty much same first 2-3 seasons.

amolbhatia50k

What magnificent football looks like is from person to person. Some will say that they like Mourinho style and some will say they like Klopp style. There is not a "right way" to play football. We have scored most goals in Premier League so far. I wouldn't say that it is bad football, whatever system people like.

I'm not comparing Solskjaer to Klopp who is better. I'm telling that you can't give one credit while you stamp on the other with pretty much same first 2-3 seasons.
Firstly, there is no right way to play football per say - that is correct. However, at the same time, that doesn't mean that the quality of the football and underlying metrics and direction, should be completely ignored. In general I'd say, most people would prefer Klopp's initial year heavy metal football to Mourinho's functional one because, I mean, the people who like mechanical football over full throttle attacking football are naturally in the minority. But more important is the emphasis on quality and progress as not mere scorelines. Mourinho in his pomp had both. However the reason I bring up 17/18 is that it's the perfect example of people failing to guage who is headed where. Klopp's Liverpool were already playing terrific attacking football that clearly belonged to that of a team team, and the only thing stopping them from getting there was a leaky back 5. Mourinho was trudging along at United getting enough results to secure a 2nd placed finish and his "greatest achievement" but despite the statistics and our best league finish since SAF as well as a points tally nobody before or after (probably including Ole this year) has come close to matching, the excellence in football was not there. And many of us of kept saying it as it was abundantly clear of you looked slightly beyond. That team didn't have the same potential for greatness the way Klopp's did despite us finishing ahead of them.

So yeah, simply saying "no trophies in first year for both" or some random stuff like that (don't know who said it) is meaningless. It's like comparing Vidic who struggled for half a season with Bebe who also struggled for half a season.

romufc

Solskjaer has for me shown that step by step we are going forward. He needs to be given credit and deserves to be manager. Now, every manager have a red line that is what you least expect. I expect top 4 this year because that would be progress from last year looking at overall performences. Would I give him sack if he didn't deliver that? I don't know.
Yes, its been slow steady progress, I give him credit for what he has done and the squad he is building. I expect a trophy as well this season.

romufc

inital fee start around £47m, but the add-one in his clause has been easily met already. Not sure whether we have payed those amount yet, but it still suit my argument that Bruno was not available for £15m in the summer on a loan. So, there was no option of poch getting Bruno over lo celso, unless he was provide more funds. Bale started as a wingback and moved to wide attacker. His time at Real Madrid is irrelevant to this context. Son, plays as an inverted winger whose responsibility is different that a winger who would typically hug the sideline. there aren’t the same thing. You can have different responsibilities as an attacker and if I have to explain that to you, then I know I am just wasting my time.

klopp took over a bigger club than Pochettino, with a much bigger fund. You are making it simpler with your argument. the reason some people want ole gone is because the identity he has brought to this club seems reliant on having the best player playing free style football, rather than a team that plays with cohesion and understanding of each other. That is why many fans on here keep saying ole needs another coach to help with that or proclaim we are a badly coached side. If that wasn’t the case, we would not have those such of threads.

So, your going back on your words, Bale was not in his prime as a wing back, he could barely get a win which means Redknapp didn't have prime Bale. Whereas, Poch had Prime Son and Kane.

If I have to explain to you what Prime is then I am wasting my time too.

https://www.planetfootball.com/quic...ubs-ranked-by-net-spend-over-last-five-years/

Here is an article from June 2020 so it doesn't take into account 20/21 spending. Look at the nett spend and tell me Liverpool had a bigger fund?

Spurs in that time also built a new stadium, so don't go making narratives that Liverpool have more to spend.

Secondly, below is a link to wages, Spurs have higher wage bill than Liverpool.

https://www.planetfootball.com/quic...-wage-bill-compares-to-their-league-position/

GMoore23

That’s not fact in fairness.
In his first 2 full seasons, he achieved 4th with mid 70’s points and a CL final.
In his 3rd full season he won the CL and came within a point of the league on 97 points.
Oh, so now we're only counting full seasons for opposition managers but when it comes to Ole his first half season after the Mourinho final season shitfest gets included.

A champions league final and only 4th place league finish after 2 3/4 seasons is far from what I'd call sensational. Mourinho won both the League cup and Europa League in only his first season here and nobody bat an eyelid.
And why compare Ole to Klopp, because a lot on here seem to view Klopp as some sort of managerial God, so if it even took this superior human being 3 3/4 seasons to achieve proper success at Liverpool. Surely a mere mortal like Ole deserves at least a bit more time to see what he can achieve.

Idxomer

Losing at home to Monaco.

He won't win the league easily this season with the form Lille is in.

HerrLeinad

Supports
Bayern München
Losing at home to Monaco.

He won't win the league easily this season with the form Lille is in.
They actually need to take it serious beyond just the championship because they could miss out on the CL if they end up 4th with isn't completly impossible.

cyberman

How is the new best player in the world based on beating a poor Barca side doing?
Who is the best player in the world from Monaco now?

90 + 5min

It is a long season and this might be premature but will he be the first coach who somehow miss to win the league with PSG?

Status
Not open for further replies.