Mauricio Amadaeus Pochettino | Chelsea sack watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

mu4c_20le

Crazy how you're stuffing Barca one week, then getting stuffed by Monaco at home the next

gibers

Crazy how you're stuffing Barca one week, then getting stuffed by Monaco at home the next
Barca made them look like 100 bucks. Teams in France are a lot more compact when they play PSG which is why PSG can't find space a lot of the times.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Saw the second half. No patterns of play or anything. Individual brilliance couldn't save him tonight.

wr8_utd

:'(
Barca made them look like 100 bucks. Teams in France are a lot more compact when they play PSG which is why PSG can't find space a lot of the times.
Barca have picked up 1 point from 6 vs newly promoted Cadiz in Liga. No idea why everyone was going crazy about PSG on the basis of that one performance. Even United would probably beat Barca this year.

tomaldinho1

Wait...there’s actually posters annoyed by the ‘patterns of play’ jibe that Ole receives that they’ve come to post in a Poch thread?

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Wait...there’s actually posters annoyed by the ‘patterns of play’ jibe that Ole receives that they’ve come to post in a Poch thread?
It's become a meaningless buzz phrase used to criticise Ole which is why people are now posting it sarcastically.

Cast5

I think people are right, absolutely no patterns of play from Poch’s PSG, they just rely on individual brilliance, will be lucky to finish top 3.

He'sRaldo

I think people are right, absolutely no patterns of play from Poch’s PSG, they just rely on individual brilliance, will be lucky to finish top 3.
To be fair it's not his team.

He hasn't even spent 500M and replaced the entire starting 11 yet, how do you expect him to compete?

Cast5

To be fair it's not his team.

He hasn't even spent 500M and replaced the entire starting 11 yet, how do you expect him to compete?
Well I’d expect him to at least insert patterns of his play into the team and not rely on individual brilliance. The worst thing a manager can do is have a good player who scores a good goal because it just shows a lack of coaching.

I’d also expect him to teach them how to be a baller deep lying number attacking pivot 8 system player or something like that.. it’s just the basics of being a good coach, which Poch obviously isn’t.

mu4c_20le

I'm always loud with Poch. Love him and have admired his management style since 2013.

Funny how it wasn't long ago that us that rate Poch were mocked when José was doing well and when we were doing well.

Poch is a difference maker.
Always? :smirk:

teteus

Supports
Flamengo
PSG is a far worse team without Neymar. And they absolutely need Verrati, Di María, Neymar and Mbappé playing together to be truly great. Whenever one of them misses, specially Neymar, the teams lacks creativity.

teteus

Supports
Flamengo
Well I’d expect him to at least insert patterns of his play into the team and not rely on individual brilliance. The worst thing a manager can do is have a good player who scores a good goal because it just shows a lack of coaching.

I’d also expect him to teach them how to be a baller deep lying number attacking pivot 8 system player or something like that.. it’s just the basics of being a good coach, which Poch obviously isn’t.
Pochettino already proved to be a good coach in Tottenham. Juventus should have gone for him also.

always_hoping

Saw the second half. No patterns of play or anything. Individual brilliance couldn't save him tonight.
PSG looked like a poorly coached team.

Seriously though the Barcelona result mid week said more about Barca and the state they are in.

Wow, those desperate to show Ole is better than Poch are fecking tedious.

He’s been in the job a couple of months and he lost to Monaco, the 4th placed team in the league, are we gonna pretend we didn’t just lose to Sheffield United, the 20th placed team in the league?

Best to see how Poch does after a transfer window and more than just a few weeks to coach his team.

Raredaredevil

To be fair, Monaco is a good team, Kovac had a good game plan before the game to set up his team to nullify Mbappe. Pochettino will eventually come good for PSG. If PSG fails to beat Dijon next which is the bottom of the table team, then it will just be really bad. It will be so embarrassing if PSG doesn't win Ligue 1 this season, imagine the Ole fans=/Poch haters coming onto this thread in full blast. :lol: As much as I love Poch, I wouldn't read too much into their 4-1 thrashing of Barca away, because it seems like the players really raise themselves up for that game as the Champions League is what they really want.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I thought this was a discussion thread?

Seems like the Pochettino fans only discuss when they win and go a bit missing when they lose :smirk:

Let's discuss? Sad thing is they are reading this thread but not really replying because they have nothing really to say.

Raredaredevil

I thought this was a discussion thread?

Seems like the Pochettino fans only discuss when they win and go a bit missing when they lose :smirk:

Let's discuss? Sad thing is they are reading this thread but not really replying because they have nothing really to say.
Because you could also say the same for Ole fans as well, and this is turning similar to the Messi vs Ronaldo thread. This isn't turning into a meaningful discussion anymore but just a place to mock and make jibes at Poch and his fans whenever his team has a bad result. Just look at the bump of this thread when PSG lost to Monaco. I find the posts very childish, petty and small-time so I'd rather stay out of it.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Because you could also say the same for Ole fans as well, and this is turning similar to the Messi vs Ronaldo thread. This isn't turning into a meaningful discussion anymore but just a place to mock and make jibes at Poch and his fans whenever his team has a bad result. Just look at the bump of this thread when PSG lost to Monaco. I find the posts very childish, petty and small-time so I'd rather stay out of it.
This is rubbish, there is people backing Ole every time we have a bad result.

I am an example - a fan who backed Ole after bad results (even though I started off as an Ole out fan in the first season).

This is a united forum and your telling me no one was discussing Ole here after he struggled? That there was only Ole outers and not people who are happy with Ole's progress with the work he has done at United?

Raredaredevil

This is rubbish, there is people backing Ole every time we have a bad result.

I am an example - a fan who backed Ole after bad results (even though I started off as an Ole out fan in the first season).

This is a united forum and your telling me no one was discussing Ole here after he struggled? That there was only Ole outers and not people who are happy with Ole's progress with the work he has done at United?
I was referring specifically more to the Ole cult fans who disappeared when we had that string of extremely bad results before our upturn in form, I do not want to mention names but I lurk a lot and noticed everytime we were on a bad run, they weren't there but as soon we win, threads would be started about Ole from them. Like you said, this is a Man Utd forum so that could also explain why not many feel inclined to speak about Poch who has no ties with United.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
This insecurity around Solskjaer is really taking over the forum.

Raredaredevil

Ancelotti already did that :lol:
I completely forgot about him being the manager of PSG. :lol: I always thought Ancelotti and PSG should be a match made in heaven. World-class manager, great at managing divas, great tactician, one of the all-time great managers in Europe and PSG desperately want to win the CL.

Last edited:

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
PSG is a far worse team without Neymar. And they absolutely need Verrati, Di María, Neymar and Mbappé playing together to be truly great. Whenever one of them misses, specially Neymar, the teams lacks creativity.
Welcome on Redcafe.

The issue is that PSG this season has never been in a position to have all the players you mention available at the same time.

Instead of Gueye and Hererra, we would have needed players like Paulo Roberto Falcão and Cerezo.

adityaspatil

Wow, those desperate to show Ole is better than Poch are fecking tedious.

He’s been in the job a couple of months and he lost to Monaco, the 4th placed team in the league, are we gonna pretend we didn’t just lose to Sheffield United, the 20th placed team in the league?

Best to see how Poch does after a transfer window and more than just a few weeks to coach his team.
Oh so Poch gets time to build & Ole is judged with what he had.
Poch's PSG shouldn't lose a single game & they should be winning every game by 5 goals min. Ole is scrutinised since day one for every thing & judged every single minute. Poch has a massive advantage of being in a farmer's league which PSG has won 7 titles in the last 8 years. Plus they have massive advantage over their other rivals in terms of their squad & money power.

Poch's PSG shouldn't be winning by individual brilliance, they should always win by pattern of play & thats the standard they should be judged if Ole's man utd is judged that same way.
Poch's PSG should dominate for the entire 90mins & should not concede silly/simple/easy goals & if they then Poch should be held accountable for being a shite coach who couldn't coach a team to be good defensively. Just like how Ole is scrutinised every game.

Last edited:

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
The reality is that players like Herrera, Gueye, Florenzi, Kurzawa are average.

Paredes is a unidimensional player: good passing skills, but certainly not the Luis Monti type.

The best and reliable players are Marquinhos, Verratti, Mbappe, Di Maria and Neymar. Kean is a satisfactory recruit.

The other players are just passengers.

Status
Not open for further replies.