Mauricio Amadaeus Pochettino | Chelsea sack watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Star One

Cmon lads, Lille are no pushovers. Was a tough ask from PSG - hope they’re active in a transfer market and can fix a thing or two.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Remember though, he's performing to expectations and doing about as well as anyone could with that squad.

Especially when the opposition have titans of the game such as 7,000 year old Jose Fonte and, uh, that lad with the dreadlocks who was bobbins at Swansea.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Remember though, he's performing to expectations and doing about as well as anyone could with that squad.

Especially when the opposition have titans of the game such as 7,000 year old Jose Fonte and, uh, that lad with the dreadlocks who was bobbins at Swansea.
Don't forget the amazing Yilmaz.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
7 losses and 3 draws in 33 games is not a very good record. I think Abu Dhabi expected a bit more.

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
How far were PSG off top when he took charge? Seems unfair to judge him midway through a season....
Same as now: 1point behind first (but that was worth only third place behind Lyon+Lille back then).

Quite funny. Read yesterday that he also stated during his very first press conference that it's not enough to win at a club like PSG but that you have to win with style.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Hilarious to think Amadeus is probably sitting there still thinking his opinion of Poch is right :lol: :lol:

Robertd0803

Fair play to Lille.

But seriously how the feck did PSG not win the league??

I think hes done more harm to his reputation than good going there.

Will he survive the summer? PSG could win that league without any manager at all.

Red Royal

Hopefully Poch can get his club to buy his old player Harry Kane. Would rather we spend our money elsewhere, but equally dont want a Premiership rival to get him.

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
You judge him after a full season surely? He’s picked up a little more points per game than his predecessor at least.
Are you sure? Tuchel got 2,35 ppg; I think Poch got 2,18 if the poster above is correct.

Tuchel: 127games / 96 wins / 11 draws / 20 losses
Poch: 33/23/3/7

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Are you sure? Tuchel got 2,35 ppg; I think Poch got 2,18 if the poster above is correct.

Tuchel: 127games / 96 wins / 11 draws / 20 losses
Poch: 33/23/3/7
He is talking about this season, this season Tuchel didn't do better than Pochettino.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
You judge him after a full season surely? He’s picked up a little more points per game than his predecessor at least.
I think criticisms are justified. He's got world class talent at his disposal and a pretty modest set of opponents. He took over a team that was 1 point off 1st place and has barely shown any improvement at all.

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
He is talking about this season, this season Tuchel didn't do better than Pochettino.
Well, then that makes sense but still debatable. Haven't been followong intensely since december but had Poch to deal with those crazy injury and covid cases? Maybe. I'd say they they performed quite the same overall. Like the league table suggests as well. But anyway, it'd be crazy if they'd sack him now because he should indeed have a whole season under his belt.

Oranges038

I think criticisms are justified. He's got world class talent at his disposal and a pretty modest set of opponents. He took over a team that was 1 point off 1st place and has barely shown any improvement at all.
He kept them steady.

They still finished one point off first place.

I think that it shouldn't matter who is charge of that team, they should be walking that league every year with the money they've thrown at and the players they have.

It's about attitude, Silva leaving left them with a massive hole in terms if leadership in the squad. Without him the likes of Neymar, Di Maria and Veratti should be the senior pros taking over that role and these guys are weak as piss on and off the pitch.

Dan_F

how many years in a row had they won it before he rocked up? :lol:
Three. I get that it’s on brand for us to laugh at Poch, but we might want to remember we have a very winnable final coming up, which would be extremely embarrassing to lose and leave huge question marks over Ole’s ability to win silverware.

Improvement from the manager who has taken Chelsea well up the Premier League and into a CL final. Of course he deserves some criticism, but I think that team badly needs a reset.

always_hoping

Looking at where this title was lost. One can't look past the four league defeats for PSG under Poch

3-2 away to FC Lorient
2-0 at home to Monaco
1-0 at home to Lille
2-0 at home to Nantes

A draw in any one of those games would have won the expected league title for PSG.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He kept them steady.

They still finished one point off first place.

I think that it shouldn't matter who is charge of that team, they should be walking that league every year with the money they've thrown at and the players they have.

It's about attitude, Silva leaving left them with a massive hole in terms if leadership in the squad. Without him the likes of Neymar, Di Maria and Veratti should be the senior pros taking over that role and these guys are weak as piss on and off the pitch.
Tuchel got sacked for having his team 1 point behind Lille. This having taking the team to a CL final 4 months prior.

But that's his job to sort those things out. He was brought in because what Tuchel was doing wasn't deemed good enough. The team is significantly better than every other team in that league. We aren't talking about a manager coming into a difficult division here. The opposition are horse piss and he was expected to walk it. He didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.