Mauricio Amadaeus Pochettino | Chelsea sack watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
Didn't PSG basically put out a joke line up for first 3-4 games given half their squad had covid and they had to start french league a week after playing CL final.

Start of the season cost them the league imo.

In any case I'd be surprised if Poch got sacked. Ancelotti didn't win the league in similar circumstances in 11/12 and Emery lost out in 2017 to Monaco and both got the next season, it's generally more two strikes at CL and then you're out so think same will apply to Poch and he obviously has to win the league aswell.
Monaco 2016-2017 was 2 tiers above this Lille side that just won the league, semifinalists at CL(eliminating Dortmund and City) and more than 100 goals scored that season...with players like Falcao, Mbappé,Bernardo Silva, Mendy, Lemar,Joao Moutinho,etc

The Lille side seems very underwhelming, even though Tuchel also collaborated to this mess, it's not solely on Pochettino.

always_hoping

A United fan who disappears for weeks the second an opposition manager he inexplicably worships at the feet of loses a CL semi-final... and returns literally 5 minutes after United lose a cup final shootout to gloat and use said oppositions manager's arse as a nosebag some more?
That's him alright a total wum. BTW the French league champions Lille didn't even make it past the round of 32 stage in the Europa league this season, then again if they had progressed further they may not have won the French league totally against the odds.

The French league champions Lille didn't even make it past the round of 32 stage in the Europa league this season.
But Lille did pick up 2.26 points per game after Poch took over and PSG only play them twice a season so no idea what your point is? That Lille aren’t that good? Well in the French league they absolutely were and picked up points at a ”league winners” rate since Poch’s arrival.

Too much disrespect for Lille in here.

always_hoping

But Lille did pick up 2.26 points per game after Poch took over and PSG only play them twice a season so no idea what your point is? That Lille aren’t that good? Well in the French league they absolutely were and picked up points at a ”league winners” rate since Poch’s arrival.

Too much disrespect for Lille in here.
With a extended Europa league run it may have caused them to drop more points so my point is while they showed they weren't good enough to reach the latter stages of that competition an early exit proved to be blessing in disguise.

Already highlighted the league loses by PSG under Poch on this thread which included a home defeat to lille. The League was lost by the failure of PSG not picking up 1 point 4 matches. Not a disrespect to lille just calling it as it played out and most neutrals was delighted they won this league title in the same way they would have been with Villarreal winning the Europa league.

Last edited:

Thunderhead

Supports
City
Athletic report he's in discussions with Spurs to be their next manager.

Can't see it myself.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Athletic report he's in discussions with Spurs to be their next manager.

Can't see it myself.
Would be a terrible move for both parties imo, at the current state.

I can see him coming back at some point in the future but this is way too quick.

Last edited:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Didn't PSG basically put out a joke line up for first 3-4 games given half their squad had covid and they had to start french league a week after playing CL final.

Start of the season cost them the league imo.

In any case I'd be surprised if Poch got sacked. Ancelotti didn't win the league in similar circumstances in 11/12 and Emery lost out in 2017 to Monaco and both got the next season, it's generally more two strikes at CL and then you're out so think same will apply to Poch and he obviously has to win the league aswell.
Kind of. This PSG team doesn't have depth and whenever they have to start someone else than the starters, this level have dramatically dropped the first weeks of the season is an example of that. But PSG also lost points against the other top CL qualification contenders, they lost twice to Monaco, once to Lyon and Lille.

The problem with PSG this season are twofold, they lack quality depth compared to previous seasons and they also have less quality in the starting eleven which means that when they faced in-form Ligue 1 teams, they weren't necessarily the clear better team and that applies to both Tuchel and Pochettino tenures. I'm not saying it to defend Pochettino because I don't really care about his honour or reputation but because at some point people need to stop with narratives that don't match with reality and PSG's shoddy work in the last 5 years needs to be exposed, they are not ruthless and not doing a great job at building a team, they have been lucky that their direct opponents in France have decided to repeatedly shoot in their own feet and unfortunately Lyon are seemingly doing it again with the current Juninho vs Garcia war.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
If we miss out on him again and continue the current experiment, we only have ourselves to blame.

BorisManUtd

It seems too early to be coming back to Spurs, only year and a half since he got sacked there.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
:lol: at all the people that quoted me. Pochettino failed to win because Tuchel was underperforming and his philosophy hasn’t been fully implemented. Pochettino will win the league next season.
:lol: he was one point off the others when he took over, of course you are going to get quoted when you stick your long neck out as far as you have over Poch. If he wins the league next season he will only have done what is expected of him.

saivet

If we miss out on him again and continue the current experiment, we only have ourselves to blame.
Him going back to Spurs now (assuming he's not getting sacked at PSG) shows to he lacks ambition to me.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Him going back to Spurs now (assuming he's not getting sacked at PSG) shows to he lacks ambition to me.
He's really considering leaving the top European side he's in to return to his comfort zone
I think there was a very good reason PSG only gave him short contract TBH, ZZ has stood down, I think were gonna see a few very fast managerial changes.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Unless Pochettino has an inkling that PSG wants to get rid of him I don't understand this.

Nothing has changed at Spurs. Levy still won't provide the funds to rebuild in the way Pochettino wants to. The core players of his best Spurs team are either gone, older or, barring Kane and Son, out of form. What will he achieve going back to Spurs?

At PSG he has superstars, he has a club with real ambition. Yes, PSG needs tweaks but with Lille's squad likely to be plundered this summer he could easily win Ligue 1 next year.

If Pochettino goes back to Spurs that, to me, is a bigger red flag than not making up a one point gap on Lille in half a year.

Rightnr

Good point and I'd agree if I didn't see Tuchel fail there and do quite well at Chelsea soon after.

It feels like PSG may be a better version of us or Chelsea at the start of Roman's reign. They have no vision of what the style should look like and they don't support a manager in building around his style of play, they just buy what they think are good players. Maybe Poch saw the writing on the wall and decided to leave before things turn sour.

Or maybe he's a bottlejob and we need to look for someone else but our current set-up has proven inadequate.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Wow, that is a bit shocking to read isn't it? your first chance of winning trophies and you run away back to Spurs :houllier:

Rightnr

Was just browsing his Wikipedia and someone's already moved him to Spuds :lol:.

Wilt

If Poch to Spurs... Kane to stay or would he still want out?

Born2Lose

Thought he was very meh at PSG, think some of the shine has worn off this hipster hero.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Possibly Kane be open to staying for another season if Potch came back
Don't see why. He wants to win things. Poch was a bottler in his first spell at Spurs and only solidified that reputation at PSG. Plus the rest of their team is crap outside Son. Perhaps Spurs' plan is to rebuild with the Kane money and build another young team that could go somewhere in a few years like Poch did previously.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
BBC running the story of him in talks with Spurs now. Levy has performed some incredible PR gymnastics in recent weeks to be fair - sacking Mourinho to take the sting out of the Super League shit, getting in contact with Saint Poch (and probably briefing the press about doing so) after Kane starts making noises about leaving.

acnumber9

Thought he was very meh at PSG, think some of the shine has worn off this hipster hero.
He’d a poor start at Spurs too so he seems the type to take time to get going. If he decides to go back to Spurs though he’s basically writing off any hope he had at one of the top jobs.

Giggsy13

Getting poch back stinks of Levy’s last ditch effort to keep Kane. Still think he’s leaving and Poch will come back anyways to help rebuild the squad.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Tbf, he may be able to win the Ropey Conference League thing with Spurs.

Giggsy13

If Poch goes to Spurs, Kane will stay IMO.
I doubt that. The problem is Levy are his penny pinching ways, bringing Poch back won’t move the needle for Kane. Poch is likely Levy’s last ditch effort in convincing Kane to stay but he will leave anyways, and Poch will be given the reigns to rebuild the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.