Mauricio Amadaeus Pochettino | Chelsea sack watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
It should. The way the current United squad is built is much closer to PSG than to Poch's Spurs.
It’s not. Not even close. We have a few stars and the rest of the squad is made up of young, hungry players on the whole. A large portion who haven’t even reached their peak.

It’s nothing like PSG and high paid stars competing in a non-competitive league.

lloyd2wayne

He was bought in to win the champions league. He was just as responsible for psg not winning the league as poch since he was there half of that season. You clearly weren't following psg during his time there because he was constantly under pressure and constantly under criticism for the way he was managing psg. He didnt win the champions league. Poch has been there less than 12 months so obviously hes not won it yet or gone back to back in the league

You're clearly a Wikipedia football fan who hasn't been following psg closely.
You are a joke. If he was brought to win the champions league that no manager before him did but still took them to the final, how is that failure? His main issue was with Leonardo which is very well documented. He never got criticized for how he played football at PSG and he was there for 2+ years.

Poch has been there for over 10 months and still can’t get PSG to play as a unit or even good football. I don’t care what he did at Spurs, many good managers have taken small clubs to big heights as Moyes is currently doing at West Han. That doesn’t mean they can manage big big clubs.

Poch is in the same category as Emery, Sarri, Kovac etc are good coaches who did very great at a club with no pressure one bit but when they got a chance to manager one of the big clubs it all went south.

Chill, Poch isn’t all that. I know we are desperate but at this point I will take till the end of the season if we wait out for Ten Hag.

lloyd2wayne

Pochettino took Spurs to the final! Spurs!!

Players that people well overrated, he made look like stars.

Back in the days when people were talking about 50 million bids and moves to United/City for Dier, Rose and Alli!

It’s absurd that his work there isn’t valued on this forum. I would kill for comfortable top 4 and a CL final.

PSG is a circus. I want to see what he does with Rashford, Sancho, Greenwood and the like.
You making it sound like he played some great football en route to the final. Ajax literally played them of the park both leagues. It’s Ten Hag I want, watch their run to the semi final lose to Tottenham and tell me what manager you prefer and don’t forget he was working on even smaller budget.

Most fans will agree we want a manage that can coach and drill a team to play very fluid attacking football yet defensively solid. Poch doesn’t qualify for that, Ten Hag does.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
The CAF ain't gonna give Poch anytime whatsoever if he comes here, so much negative emotion attached to him for some weird reason
Why would the caf give him time if he continues like he has been for the past 5 years as a manager? He's done nothing to show he deserves the job or even has the potential to make the step up here.

ti vu

I don't think managing PSG is everyone's cup of tea. I can even see someone like Klopp struggle there. Even Tuchel struggled to an extent, Emery looked out of place. Not a surprise Poch is struggling.
Yes, the player power, and a dressing room full of ego would prevent the team to become the best well oiled machine and that would be exposed by the other top teams in game decided by fine margin. However, struggling to this extend where there is no easy game even against some weak team in Ligue 1, this is a new level of struggling that unseen under Emery and Tuchel. Even at the beginning of last season under Tuchel, where the results were bad, and the performance was inconsistent, they still had more impressive controlled performance than now.

dasty

He is one of those manager who requires players to fit into his tactics instead of tinkering his tactics to bring the best out of each player. He won't be able to do well with our squad.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Doesn’t have the aura to manage a big club with trophy expectations. Anyone who has seen the PSG all or nothing documentary can testify to that. Season one was with Tuchel who had great command of the players and then when Poch joins there is a massive drop off in respect levels and he is too keen to get into players good books and it is cringe to watch. He would do better at United but he’s still not got a serial winner vibe about him.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
This psg squad isn’t getting the best out of him. He needs a clinical striker and players who have high work ethic And are hungry. Haland is perfect for him.
It's the job of the manager to get the best out of his squad.

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
You making it sound like he played some great football en route to the final. Ajax literally played them of the park both leagues.
Erm, no they didn't

Spurs even won the passing if that's your definition of playing a team off the park.

1st leg: Spurs 51 % 49 Ajax
2nd leg: Ajax 40 % 60 Spurs

Last edited:

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
PSG is a circus. I want to see what he does with Rashford, Sancho, Greenwood and the like.
This would be the most appealing bit about having Poch for me, he does genuinely have a track record of improving young players. We have a few experienced heads at Old Trafford but we have loads of young players that would surely thrive under Pochettino, he just fits nicely with the club in general I think.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
It's the job of the manager to get the best out of his squad.
True, but when the squad composes of players that has more power than the manager and lots of ego, it makes things much more difficult. Pochettino would be crucified if he dared to drop neymar, mbappe or Messi for a prolonged time. Even though, doing that may see psg play more suited to Pochettino philosophy, it comes at the cost of these top players downing tools. Moreover, this isn't Pochettino team. Pochettino has little input into the players he wants, so it is also difficult to get the best out of players who may not be suited to your footballing philosophy.

Erm, no they didn't

Spurs even won the passing if that's your definition of playing a team off the park.

No need to bother with that poster, he hasn't got a clue

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Difference in quality between the teams is ridiculous. Aging Koscielny v Mbappe and Neymar then all the rest...

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Terrible terrible coaching tonight, what does Pochettino think? We were perfectly in control of the game, easy 3-0, then he decided to sub in Danilo and Gueye by removing an attacker. We were up 3-0 ffs, why did he do that? Bordeaux managed to score 2 goals. He has completely lost it!

Pochettino can thank Neymar tonight.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Terrible terrible coaching tonight, what does Pochettino think? We were perfectly in control of the game, easy 3-0, then he decided to sub in Danilo and Gueye by removing an attacker. We were up 3-0 ffs, why did he do that? Bordeaux managed to score 2 goals. He has completely lost it!

Pochettino can thank Neymar tonight.
Baffling decisions? Wanna swap managers? Five games under Solskjaer and you’d be begging for the return of Poch:D

BlueHaze

The one thing I admire about him is his personality. I did at one point have him as my main candidate to take over but I've moved on long ago. I doubt things would go the way we want with him at helm.

Sviken

The one thing I admire about him is his personality. I did at one point have him as my main candidate to take over but I've moved on long ago. I doubt things would go the way we want with him at helm.
Would have been fine if he took over Ole 2-3 years ago. But now, similar to Jose, it's simply the wrong time.

Amadaeus

The second goal psg scored was absolutely brilliant and is the type of football Pochettino was known for at spurs. Moreover, he started one of their youngest in Ebimbe, which @Oly Francis complained he doesn't do. The third goal seems like the only type of goals mbappe is capable of scoring at the moment since his finishing has been poor.

Anyway, perhaps, I was right and eventually, it will take time for Messi, mbappe and neymar to sync. But, I feel like those trio are too imbalanced to work as typically you need a hardworker among that trio and a clinical finisher. Actually, nevermind I feel like I will be right and the trio will not work out.

Regardless, As it stands, if Pochettino keeps winning, he might break the ligue 1 record and become the best manager ever to coach in France.

lloyd2wayne

True, but when the squad composes of players that has more power than the manager and lots of ego, it makes things much more difficult. Pochettino would be crucified if he dared to drop neymar, mbappe or Messi for a prolonged time. Even though, doing that may see psg play more suited to Pochettino philosophy, it comes at the cost of these top players downing tools. Moreover, this isn't Pochettino team. Pochettino has little input into the players he wants, so it is also difficult to get the best out of players who may not be suited to your footballing philosophy.

No need to bother with that poster, he hasn't got a clue
And you have a clue? Because you talk shit? When the majority is against you, you know you are the one with no football knowledge.

Can’t you see you are the laughing stock of this place? If you made any sense people will agree with you but you never make any sense, never.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
And you have a clue? Because you talk shit? When the majority is against you, you know you are the one with no football knowledge.

Can’t you see you are the laughing stock of this place? If you made any sense people will agree with you but you never make any sense, never.
You said Ajax played Spurs off the park. Some poster responded with facts saying otherwise.

I would be responding to that instead of calling someone having 'no football knowledge' if I were you.

lloyd2wayne

Get out of here with you xg stats, most pointless of them all and your heat maps.
Use your eyes my friend. Use them!

We had more ball possession than Wolves, Villarreal, Southampton, Atlanta etc but if you actually watched the game you could see they played as of the park as in everything they did was with purpose. They all played fluid football etc but we had moments of brilliance to win all these games. Now, if you ask anyone who deserved to win those games they will say not us. You get it now?

if you watched the semifinal you will clearly see Tottenham won that game with individual brilliance. Simple as that.Lucas Moura hasn’t produced that type of performance since the semi final so that should tell you all you need to know. Individual brilliance at its finest.
You said Ajax played Spurs off the park. Some poster responded with facts saying otherwise.

I would be responding to that instead of calling someone having 'no football knowledge' if I were you.
I have tried replying the past 3 days, anytime I try to post it says “oops, you are not allowed to post in media” whatever that means. I figured it out I had to delete his linked post before I could reply.

You can enjoy my reply now since you are so interested, haha.

Amadaeus

Why is this thread so quiet? Seems like many on here wants to see Pochettino fail :lol:. PSG played well today and as I stated before, it is a process that will take time. Even with Neves moment of madness, they still got a win. The front three starting to play well and they should have had scored 7 or 8 today if they were more clinical. Pochettino with another win. His next game won’t be easy, but Verrati and Messi are fit at the right time. They just need to be clinical with their chances. Too many times, I have gone through this.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Why is this thread so quiet? Seems like many on here wants to see Pochettino fail :lol:. PSG played well today and as I stated before, it is a process that will take time. Even with Neves moment of madness, they still got a win. The front three starting to play well and they should have had scored 7 or 8 today if they were more clinical. Pochettino with another win. His next game won’t be easy, but Verrati and Messi are fit at the right time. They just need to be clinical with their chances. Too many times, I have gone through this.
PSG should be walking the league every year. They are doing the bare minimum atm.

mu4c_20le

Because it's nothing special when he wins with a team like that. And even then there was some drama today, Nantes almost got back in it at the end.

AllGoodNamesRGone

Supports
Arsenal
Is this the guy they were talking about in the other thread who had an obsession with Kagawa? Or is this a different obsessive compulsive disorder?

Amadaeus

Because it's nothing special when he wins with a team like that. And even then there was some drama today, Nantes almost got back in it at the end.
Yea, like how bayern lose to Augsburg, moncheglaudbach, real Madrid to sherif, United to Watford, young boy, Manchester city to palace and so on. Not all games are as straightforward as you may beleive.

Status
Not open for further replies.