Mauricio Amadaeus Pochettino | Chelsea sack watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobbers

If he can replace Gallagher with Caicedo AND Chuck with Lavia, that would be a devastating midfield on paper.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Congratulations to Poch for winning the 'had more possession at home than a Liverpool side playing one midfielder' trophy.

I'm sure somebody will be along in a moment to offer the more complete exultations that this feat deserves.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Nkunku fit and he wins that. As I stated before, chelsea has the worst attack of the top 6 and Nkunku being injured just make is even worse.

The chelsea board should focus on strengthen their first team rather than buying kids. No way that sterling, Conor and Chukwuemeka should be starting in a game of this importance.

Enzo was absolutely class. That is what you get when you buy players for the first 11. Even diasi didn't look out of place. It seems the only one that knows how to do their job at Chelsea is Pochettino and his management team.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Was impressed with Chelsea. Game completely turned on the Salah offside but they were far stronger in/out of possession than I thought they'd be v Liverpool so already glimpses of what Poch got going at Spurs for 3-4 seasons.

They'll win plenty of home games this season.

Will still be a work in progress on the road but small steps and they'll obviously be a contender for top 6 again.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I wouldnt get carried away. The new manager syndrome is real. Lets see how they do once theyve played double digits amount of games.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Nkunku fit and he wins that. As I stated before, chelsea has the worst attack of the top 6 and Nkunku being injured just make is even worse.

The chelsea board should focus on strengthen their first team rather than buying kids. No way that sterling, Conor and Chukwuemeka should be starting in a game of this importance.

Enzo was absolutely class. That is what you get when you buy players for the first 11. Even diasi didn't look out of place. It seems the only one that knows how to do their job at Chelsea is Pochettino and his management team.
Congrats

El Zoido

Why are people still expecting Chelsea to be crap just because they were last season. They’ve spent the GDP of a small country assembling a world class squad, and now also have an excellent manager. They should be competing for the league this season.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Conor

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches

You have no idea if having one or two players means he'll win it :lol:

Amadaeus

You have no idea if having one or two players means he'll win it :lol:
Nah, it is obvious when a team controlled the game as much as they did, but didn't look as much as a threat up front. Nkunku is their best attackers at the moment. That team that struggled with goals last season, haven't properly addressed their attack, which shows incompetency at the highly level.

It is like saying Manchester city will not be as good or win a game without Halaad, Manchester United without Rashford, Liverpool without salah, Arsenal without saka etc. Thier board cost Pochettino 3 points this game

The Mitcher

Nah, it is obvious when a team controlled the game as much as they did, but didn't look as much as a threat up front. Nkunku is their best attackers at the moment. That team that struggled with goals last season, haven't properly addressed their attack, which shows incompetency at the highly level.

It is like saying Manchester city will not be as good or win a game without Halaad, Manchester United without Rashford, Liverpool without salah, Arsenal without saka etc. Thier board cost Pochettino 3 points this game
Possession does not mean you'll win the match :lol:

The Mitcher

:lol: by controlled, I also meant dominant in shots, expected goals and assist and basically every offensive stats. Those means you will win the game if you had certain quality players in certain position. I don't know why I have to explain everything in details
And yet they didn't win!

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
:lol: by controlled, I also meant dominant in shots, expected goals and assist and basically every offensive stats. Those means you will win the game if you had certain quality players in certain position. I don't know why I have to explain everything in details
They had less shots? Same xG?

The Mitcher

Exactly because as i stated before they didn't have their best attackers to put away chances and their board didn't focus on strengthen their attack. The scoreline was massively deceiving. Chelsea should have won this easily
I just hear the huffing of copium.

alexthelion

Exactly because as i stated before they didn't have their best attackers to put away chances and their board didn't focus on strengthen their attack. The scoreline was massively deceiving. Chelsea should have won this easily
They could (and maybe should) have been 3 down in the first half.

GreatDane

Might have to upgrade their manager first.

Amadaeus

Not really because it was clear to anyone that watched that game that chelsea was by far the better team in the 1st half.

The scary thing is that this chelsea team, will only massively improve because they should be getting another quality attacker and a midfield destroyer like Caceido and a perhaps a ball carry like lavia.

If this performance is the chelsea we see now, I am a freightned to see a more settled chelsea team with quality signings under Pochettino. Remember ten hag on his first game? 4-0 lost to Brentford with a much better squad. This performance was night and day better than that.

Liverpool on the other hand, won't get that much better. As i stated before what chelsea need is Caceido, lavia, kudus/cherki and vlahovic/felix. Let see if their board can do their job and support their manager

CM

Chelsea were completely dominated until Disasi got the equaliser, mate.

alexthelion

Not really because it was clear to anyone that watched that game that chelsea was by far the better team in the 1st half.

The scary thing is that this chelsea team, will only massively improve because they should be getting another quality attacker and a midfield destroyer like Caceido and a perhaps a ball carry like lavia.

If this performance is the chelsea we see now, I am a but freightned to see a more settled chelsea team with quality signings under Pochettino.

Liverpool on the other hand, won't get that much better. As i stated before what chelsea need is Caceido, lavia, kudus/cherki and vlahovic/felix. Let see if their board can do their job and support their manager
Liverpool were the better team for the first 30 or so minutes.

You need to take off you Poch-tinted glasses once in a while.

SAFMUTD

If he can replace Gallagher with Caicedo AND Chuck with Lavia, that would be a devastating midfield on paper.
Can't see those 3 working together, too much defensive focus for a top team. Enzo can be a creative midfielder but Caicedo and Lavia contribute very little to the offensive part of the game.

Ed9

They have Mbappe.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
If Chelsea end up signing Caicedo aswell, then Pochettino has been handed a potentially excellent team on a plate and should at the very least make top 4. The amount of money Chelsea have spent on both the first team and youngsters is unprecedented imo and they should genuinely challenge for the league by next season. I would expect any competent head coach to construct a very good team with the players that Chelsea have amassed in their ranks.

From a United perspective I feel we need the takeover to happen because I'm actually more concerned with Chelsea snapping up the highly rated youngsters from around the world and sending them to Strasbourg. I think that strategy is potentially very good and it requires a owner to possibly setup a satellite or satellite clubs.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
And after the disallowed goal we could/should have finished the game before an hour.

That's the thing with if, buts and maybe's, they work both ways!

The Purley King

There is very little room for manoeuvre in poch’s arsehole, I’m amazed he managed to get them in there in the first place……….

Howl

They have Mbappe.
I will never get over that one. The audacity to compare Mbappe with Mudryk is comical.

If this performance is the chelsea we see now, I am a freightned to see a more settled chelsea team with quality signings under Pochettino. Remember ten hag on his first game? 4-0 lost to Brentford with a much better squad. This performance was night and day better than that.

I still maintain you guys aren't in for a good season. You seem ecstatic that you managed a draw at home versus Liverpool. A Liverpool I might add who played Gakpo as a midfielder. They are probably the weakest of the teams who are expected to challenge for the top four. It's really not impressive especially since you could have been 3-0 down in the opening 30 minutes where they dominated you. In regards to bolded, surely you don't expect everyone to believe that after almost one billion spent in a season, you have a terrible squad compared to the team United put out on the first day last season? I know you tend to be a bit delusional, but surely that's a step too far?

If Chelsea end up signing Caicedo aswell, then Pochettino has been handed a potentially excellent team on a plate and should at the very least make top 4. The amount of money Chelsea have spent on both the first team and youngsters is unprecedented imo and they should genuinely challenge for the league by next season. I would expect any competent head coach to construct a very good team with the players that Chelsea have amassed in their ranks.

From a United perspective I feel we need the takeover to happen because I'm actually more concerned with Chelsea snapping up the highly rated youngsters from around the world and sending them to Strasbourg. I think that strategy is potentially very good and it requires a owner to possibly setup a satellite or satellite clubs.
I think the midfield could be a bit too defensive considering their attack is a bit lacklustre. They need the midfielders to chip in with goals, and I don't see a trio of Lavia, Caicedo, and Enzo doing that. So far I wouldn't say they are snapping up extremely rated players (I don't know about their youth team though), with the likes of Mudryk being woeful. Enzo, whilst being very good, seems to me to be a 120 million upgrade on Jorginho.

Amadaeus

Liverpool wasn't significantly better. It was about even during that period with both creating chances, them with the equalizer chelsea was clearly the most dominate team.

I seen your history, you are not a fan of pochettino. No need to misrepresent the performance of the match today

TheGame

There is zero creativity with that midfield and I’m surprised they are adding Lavia on top of Caicedo when they should be targeting an attacking player. They may have to switch to 2 attackers like Sterling and Mudryk behind Jackson with 2 midfielders like Enzo and Caicedo behind.

Amadaeus

I will never get over that one. The audacity to compare Mbappe with Mudryk is comical.

I still maintain you guys aren't in for a good season. You seem ecstatic that you managed a draw at home versus Liverpool. A Liverpool I might add who played Gakpo as a midfielder. They are probably the weakest of the teams who are expected to challenge for the top four. It's really not impressive especially since you could have been 3-0 down in the opening 30 minutes where they dominated you. In regards to bolded, surely you don't expect everyone to believe that after almost one billion spent in a season, you have a terrible squad compared to the team United put out on the first day last season? I know you tend to be a bit delusional, but surely that's a step too far?

I think the midfield could be a bit too defensive considering their attack is a bit lacklustre. They need the midfielders to chip in with goals, and I don't see a trio of Lavia, Caicedo, and Enzo doing that. So far I wouldn't say they are snapping up extremely rated players (I don't know about their youth team though), with the likes of Mudryk being woeful. Enzo, whilst being very good, seems to me to be a 120 million upgrade on Jorginho.
I will remember this post when Liverpool spank a good team in the top four.

Liverpool won't struggle and they started of well. Similar with Chelsea, they are undergoing a rebuild of their midfield. Liverpool will look much better than this

edcunited1878

EtH in his first game did not have better players than Chelsea under Poch....and they lost at home against Brighton 1-2.

The level of tactical demands, standards, and principles that EtH required and put forth at the beginning of his time at United is much greater than Poch at Chelsea. Coming up against two well settled teams of Brighton and Brentford.

Chelsea have bought a ton of players for a ton of money...there's a lot more capable and talented players compared to the deep issues United and EtH had to start with.

And now Chelsea is able to buy even more players for even more money. It's going to be the 100M midfield and you're saying Poch and Chelsea aren't doing better than EtH and United when comparing early doors? Of course they should be, this Chelsea team wasn't short of talent last year, but they were clobbered together and had 3 managers in a year yet still kept buying and shifting players.

With the insane amount of (quality) player investment under Boehly in 14 months, with no Europe, and under a competent manager that has had more than enough time to diagnose and just have normal structures in place....anything but a European place and a domestic trophy should considered a failure.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I still maintain you guys aren't in for a good season. You seem ecstatic that you managed a draw at home versus Liverpool.
Just so you're aware, Amadeus isn't a Chelsea fan. He's a fan of Poch. And I am doing my absolute best not to type something insulting right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.