Max Aarons

Vapor trail

Wouldn't be against it, think Dalot is a lost cause he doesn't excel at anything. I think Aarons breakout season in the league was average but he could fair better in a team with more quality. He was very good in the championship.

Nick7

Laird’s move to Carrow Road would only be a loan if it happened, though, whilst Aarons would be heading away rather more permanently from Norwich.
That would be decent if possible.

romufc

People who want Aarons are deluded. He isn't any better than Brandon Williams.

Castia

Laird has a much higher ceiling than Aarons so hopefully it's bullshit.
Does he? I’m not disagreeing as I’ve never seen him play but it looks like he’s struggled during his loan spells? He made 6 appearances for Bournemouth in 5 months this season he must be miles away from starting PL games for us.

romufc

Yeah a bit overated in my opinion
I mean he has been linked to bigger clubs for 3/4 seasons now, I remember when we got AWB and he was backup choice.

In those 3 years, he hasn't shown anything as to why he deserves the chance at a bigger club.

There is no point buying a RB for buying sake, they have to have something about them.

SparkedIntoLife

Nowhere near good enough. Go look on the Norwich Pink Un forum and see what they say about him. Proper myth of a player.

jesperjaap

He seems to have benn highly rated and scouted by many clubs fot so long now. Yet nobody has yet made a move and every single time I have seen him he looks really really average, dont get the fuss at all, far better prospects younger and cheapre in my opinion than him

BerryBerryShrew

He seems to have benn highly rated and scouted by many clubs fot so long now. Yet nobody has yet made a move and every single time I have seen him he looks really really average, dont get the fuss at all, far better prospects younger and cheapre in my opinion than him
Yep. Surely if we're looking at a not-quite-finished-article signing then Calvin Ramsay is the obvious choice.

flappyjay

Does he? I’m not disagreeing as I’ve never seen him play but it looks like he’s struggled during his loan spells? He made 6 appearances for Bournemouth in 5 months this season he must be miles away from starting PL games for us.
He was starting for Swansea and then we decided to feck the loan by sending him to Bournemouth

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I mean he has been linked to bigger clubs for 3/4 seasons now, I remember when we got AWB and he was backup choice.

In those 3 years, he hasn't shown anything as to why he deserves the chance at a bigger club.

There is no point buying a RB for buying sake, they have to have something about them.
Yep, surely we should be looking at Calvin Ramsey or Hickey?
It’s like with Aaron’s we are still working off an old scouting list of targets

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Aarons' time has come and gone I think. We should look at other targets.

Brophs

The One and Only
Rio thinks we should buy him.

On a totally unrelated point, I wonder which agency Max Aarons is represented by? Doubt it’s the agency Rio acts as a consultant for. I guess we’ll never know.

Lee565

Seems like the type of player that is far more suited to a system playing with wingback.

sillwuka

There's been ample opportunity for Premier league clubs to buy him over the last 2-3 seasons but nobody has come in for him. Surely, that's a red flag?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
He had very good loan spells at Mk Dons and Swansea.

We decided to cut Swansea short and Laird struggled with injuries at Bournemuff.

cj_sparky

Rio thinks we should buy him.

On a totally unrelated point, I wonder which agency Max Aarons is represented by? Doubt it’s the agency Rio acts as a consultant for. I guess we’ll never know.
Funny that, Rio seemed quite positive about United and potentially signing Godfrey when he was at Norwich...

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
There's been ample opportunity for Premier league clubs to buy him over the last 2-3 seasons but nobody has come in for him. Surely, that's a red flag?
He's only just turned 22. Maybe playing in a struggling team and youth put a lot of people off to date. I liked him this season (though admit haven't seen lots).

Long Time Red

He's just so average and should be playing for a bottom half team and it's completely underwhelming we're linked with him.

Doesn't seem to be particularly outstanding at anything, just a solid all round player.

romufc

Yep, surely we should be looking at Calvin Ramsey or Hickey?
It’s like with Aaron’s we are still working off an old scouting list of targets
It feels like alot of our targets are based on old scouts.

Pau Torres, Aarons, Savic etc..

Isn't Ramsey being targeted by Liverpool to be Trents backup?

TsuWave

Every time I see Laird play, he plays well. Why don’t we just give him a chance?

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
What I've seen of his quality, he's the sort of guy would have been a decent back up to a back up some years ago, in the days of Evra and Heinze. Right now, I agree he's no better than Brandon Williams. I remember a few seasons ago we were supposed to be watching him when Norwich came to OT and Todd Cantwell (I know he's not an FB) outshone him by miles.

Right now, we need much better...

Hughie77

Laird was integrall for Swansea up till January, he was in there team all the time, and they kept the ball over %60 possession in most games.
Then I think Swansea wouldn't pay the loan for rest of season so he went to Bournemouth.
Laird also had a pretty good pre season with UTD before he went on loan.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
A championship loan for Laird would be a shame, he should be playing PL football next season.

Then I think Swansea wouldn't pay the loan for rest of season so he went to Bournemouth.
I was under the assumption that it was because United wanted him playing in a back 4, Russell Martin was annoyed at the time due to the lack of warning he got over Laird being moved. Having said that with how bad the Swansea board are when it comes to finances (and many other things), it wouldn't surprise me at all if it did come down to Swansea penny pinching.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I’ve never watched Aaron’s and been impressed even for a brief moment of skill.

Hughie77

A championship loan for Laird would be a shame, he should be playing PL football next season.

I was under the assumption that it was because United wanted him playing in a back 4, Russell Martin was annoyed at the time due to the lack of warning he got over Laird being moved. Having said that with how bad the Swansea board are when it comes to finances (and many other things), it wouldn't surprise me at all if it did come down to Swansea penny pinching.
He played a wing back and started and played nearly every game, they loved him there. It could have been the way you said, but wasn't it better for the lad to be playing regularly. Swansea are since take over realy mean. If they bought cooper a striker in January they would have gone up automatically instead of a play off with Brentford.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
He hasn’t progressed at all. Maybe a good shout a couple of years ago but he’s one of those that probably needs to go from Norwich -> Everton etc. -> United etc.

Red_toad

I’d rather we played Elanga at right back, he can get up and down the pitch and put in decent crosses. That brief go at it against Palace was just as impressive as anything I’ve seen from Aarons. Might as well save the 20 million and use it on midfield and right wing.