McDonald Mariga

Gabe

Ferguson willing to part with ‘Kiko’ in Kenyan swoop?

Author: Ben Moss
Posted on: 26 June 2009 - 13:04

Manchester United have reportedly offered Federico Macheda to Parma in a swap deal for their highly rated Kenyan midfielder McDonald Mariga according to reports in Italy.

Sportmediaset.it suggests Sir Alex Ferguson has had the 22-year-old watched on several occasions during Kenya’s 2010 World Cup qualifiers. The midfielder also played an instrumental role in helping Parma return to Serie A last season, and his form has not gone unnoticed by Italian giants Inter Milan, Neighbours AC Milan, and Juventus.

The report suggests Ferguson would be willing to part with 18-year-old Federico Macheda who shot to prominence with winning goals against Aston Villa and Sunderland last summer.

The deal would seem incredibly unlikely as Macheda is expected to feature far more next season, and given the recent departures of Cristiano Ronaldo and Carlos Tevez, Ferguson is unlikely to part with another attacking option.

In addition to Macheda’s burgeoning reputation at Old Trafford, Parma president Tommaso Ghirardi recently suggested the Kenyan would help re-establish the club in Serie A for at least another year.

http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Footbal...ing_to_part_with_‘Kiko’_in_Kenyan_swoop_.aspx

gulli_G

Ferguson willing to part with ‘Kiko’ in Kenyan swoop?

Author: Ben Moss
Posted on: 26 June 2009 - 13:04

Manchester United have reportedly offered Federico Macheda to Parma in a swap deal for their highly rated Kenyan midfielder McDonald Mariga according to reports in Italy.

Sportmediaset.it suggests Sir Alex Ferguson has had the 22-year-old watched on several occasions during Kenya’s 2010 World Cup qualifiers. The midfielder also played an instrumental role in helping Parma return to Serie A last season, and his form has not gone unnoticed by Italian giants Inter Milan, Neighbours AC Milan, and Juventus.

The report suggests Ferguson would be willing to part with 18-year-old Federico Macheda who shot to prominence with winning goals against Aston Villa and Sunderland last summer.

The deal would seem incredibly unlikely as Macheda is expected to feature far more next season, and given the recent departures of Cristiano Ronaldo and Carlos Tevez, Ferguson is unlikely to part with another attacking option.

In addition to Macheda’s burgeoning reputation at Old Trafford, Parma president Tommaso Ghirardi recently suggested the Kenyan would help re-establish the club in Serie A for at least another year.

http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Footbal...ing_to_part_with_‘Kiko’_in_Kenyan_swoop_.aspx

On loan maybe, but doubt Fergie would sell Macheda, anyway we are cash rich :)

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
He looked good when he played for Helsingborg, never looked like one with potential United class though. Haven't heard anything about him since he left for Parma.

IhabX7

First part of the video with the keepy uppies is taking the piss!

prateik

400m shillings
sounds like a shit lot ..
just above £3m

macheda + 3m for him .. no wai
unless its macheda on loan

Makki

QUITTER
freguson y u rest the ginger prawn hes most import
He looked good when he played for Helsingborg, never looked like one with potential United class though. Haven't heard anything about him since he left for Parma.
Watched him for Helsingborg as well, good movement and strong fecker, but didn't stand out that much that he seemed like a potential United player.

And deffo not at the expense of Macheda.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
It'll be Macheda on loan. Rossi went to Parma and kept them up pretty much on his own, it gave him alot of experience. The only danger here is if Macheda felt happy back in Italy and decided he wanted to stay. I'd only ever accept a loan deal if Ferguson has plans to give Macheda a much bigger role in the team when he returned.

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
Madness.

Why on Earth would we be looking at getting rid of Macheda, unless it was for a ridiculous amount of money/a ridiculously talented player?

If this Mariga fella was that special, we'd be better off keeping Macheda and splashing the cash on bringing him here.

Bollox journalism.

Drifter

American
Parma chief Pietro Leonardi admits talks with Manchester United over a swap deal for midfielder McDonald Mariga.

The Kenya international is a target for United and it was mentioned that a swap could be setup involving young Italian striker Kiko Macheda.

"Mariga will surely be a Parma player. He is one of our great strengths," said Leonardi.

"We talked about Macheda for Mariga, but decided against it, with all due respect to Macheda, who is a very strong player."

Alex

I'm not surprised Macheda is awesome but I dont see him becoming a United great

prateik

i am sure that macheda to parma wouldve been a loan deal and not a permanent transfer

notiboiboi

I'm not surprised Macheda is awesome but I dont see him becoming a United great
Too early to say that about young players....
He could always blossom into a top striker when he is in his twenties, getting over 20-30 goals a season for us....

Hes only 18 years old now... And he already helped us earn 6 points in the league

muller

I was born in Kenya.

Just thought I would mention it like..

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Problem with Macheda is that when you're either Italian or Spanish, you don't go abroad to ply your trade as a back-up player when you can easily find a club in your own country that will play you week in week out.

Obviously that's not much of a problem at 18 as he still has time to develop and be a regular, but as time goes, he will become less and less patient and eventually ask for a move, unless he manages to win his place in first team.

I can't see him being a second choice for more than 3 years from now. A bit like with Rossi who made a correct decision when he moved to Villarreal.

Ringo 07

I think the special one has got himself a big prospect here. I'm just glad he didnt get the work permit to end up at City during the transfer window.

Interista

I don't think it was a planned decision, we signed Mariga at the last moment 'cause that gimp Lotito refused a 10 million offer for Ledesma. We paid his co-ownership 3.5 million euros and plus "half" Biabiany, a very talented French winger coming from the Inter academy who until yesterday was just on loan to Parma and now he's co-owned. A price affordable to any other Italian club.

Chep

Hey guys,
I'm a Kenyan journalist, i've known Mariga for years as a friend and as a player. He is an very good holding midfielder.

He can't cut beyond Carrick, Fletcher. anderson may be but then Kenya ranks so low in the FIFA world log so no chance.

forrie_x

bit of an odd article, saying how the deal is developing and then coming up with the line, "The deal would seem incredibly unlikely"
:wenger: