Memphis Depay | Atletico player

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
@VanDeBank if only he had Braithwaite to play with :lol: he's been injured pretty much all season. He's had to make do with Dest, Luuk De Jong, and kids the majority of the time...

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I still think he can play, but he can hit astounding lows when he's bad. Almost as if he's doing it on purpose.

Lyon is his level. Or Xavi's Barca...

Mozox

Apparently on his way out from Camp Nou.
What do you think about his come back?

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Apparently on his way out from Camp Nou.
What do you think about his come back?
Barca will make good money on a player they got for free, Memphis has increased his profile. Not a bad transfer for either party. He's just not a top player though and at this point doesn't seem like he ever will. Seems like he's as interested in being a rapper as he is a footballer. Such a shame he didn't kick on when he joined us.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Playing centrally again today after a stint at LW.

It seems that Xavi is going through the same phases as LVG did with Memphis, trying to figure out where his best position is, until finally they realize it's the bench.

Red the Bear

Something less generic

It seems that Xavi is going through the same phases as LVG did with Memphis, trying to figure out where his best position is, until finally they realize it's the bench.
Jesus go easy on the poor bastard :lol:

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord

While I'm by no means his greatest fan, at least he can score goals. That Ferran Torres dude they paid 55 million for on the other hand...

VanDeBank

Ma’am
#PlayerAppsmins/goalGoals per matchGoals
Robin van Persie
102147'0.4950
Klaas-Jan Huntelaar
76104'0.5542
Memphis Depay
78146'0.5341

Just added 2 more goals to his tally. He'll hit 50 before his 30th birthday.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Robin van Persie
102147'0.4950
Klaas-Jan Huntelaar
76104'0.5542
Memphis Depay
78146'0.5341

Doesn't feel right having him as your countries highest scorer.
No disrespect obviously but he isn't that good to be honest.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Doesn't feel right having him as your countries highest scorer.
No disrespect obviously but he isn't that good to be honest.
It's the weirdest thing. He isn't that good (not bad, just not great), and the national team isn't that good either, at least going forward. Yet somehow he just keeps scoring tons of goals, including against quality opposition. And the team isn't doing half bad either. Somehow, things are really clicking, and for Depay in particular.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Robin van Persie
102147'0.4950
Klaas-Jan Huntelaar
76104'0.5542
Memphis Depay
78146'0.5341

Doing well for himself.

If you want another surprising fact, Roy Makaay only scored 6 goals for the Netherlands in 43 appearances.

Edit - You might be Dutch so probably know this

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Doing well for himself.

If you want another surprising fact, Roy Makaay only scored 6 goals for the Netherlands in 43 appearances.

Edit - You might be Dutch so probably know this
Not much of a surprise I think. Rarely a starter and a poor fit for the usual style. Although I'd anyway have expect a few more than 6 goals. But I wonder how many minutes are behind those 43 appearances.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Not much of a surprise I think. Rarely a starter and a poor fit for the usual style. Although I'd anyway have expect a few more than 6 goals. But I wonder how many minutes are behind those 43 appearances.
Might just be me then. I always thought he was a decent player given his record at both Depor and Bayern (a 1 in 2 striker). Loved watching him on Eurogoals back in't day

Red the Bear

Something less generic
It's the weirdest thing. He isn't that good (not bad, just not great), and the national team isn't that good either, at least going forward. Yet somehow he just keeps scoring tons of goals, including against quality opposition. And the team isn't doing half bad either. Somehow, things are really clicking, and for Depay in particular.
Yeah , I don't know how to make sense of it, at least with someone like lukaku we already know that he's good at bullying the weaker sides and with his supporting cast it makes sense how he keeps scoring so much with Belgium but with depay i just don't know how he does it.
It becomes even more bewildering having him at the top when you consider who they've had before (van Basten, rudd and others).

Anyways kudos to him I suppose as he's bound to get the top spot in a very short amount of time the way he's going.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Might just be me then. I always thought he was a decent player given his record at both Depor and Bayern (a 1 in 2 striker). Loved watching him on Eurogoals back in't day
He's one of those strikers that just doesn't really work for the Dutch national team. He was obviously very good, but for the national team, he was always behind others, if only because of his style/tactical needs.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
By no means world class but he's a fine striker that is very underrated on here because of his terrible career here. Much better striker than the likes of Martial/Rashford, which the caf were severely fighting. I'm sure he'd do better than Cavani, Firmino, Lukaku, Werner, Lacazette etc as well. They were better once upon a time sure, but there is a huge dearth of good strikers at the moment.

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
The kind of player that does nothing in a crucial match. Weak mentality.

Stacks

By no means world class but he's a fine striker that is very underrated on here because of his terrible career here. Much better striker than the likes of Martial/Rashford, which the caf were severely fighting. I'm sure he'd do better than Cavani, Firmino, Lukaku, Werner, Lacazette etc as well. They were better once upon a time sure, but there is a huge dearth of good strikers at the moment.
he scored 13 goals last season. ZERO in the champions League.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He's actually really good and should really get out of that club. Pity Milan aren't in for him. Or Inter for that matter. Or Dortmund

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
reminds me a bit of Ben Yedder in the sense, that he is a good player, but doesn't fit most systems that field just one forward.
I was thinking the same, he’s a bit Griezmann like in that sense; not quite a no.9 alone, not quite a creative no.10; not quite quick enough to be a winger. Sort of stuck in-between each of those roles…

Robin van Persie
102147'0.4950
Klaas-Jan Huntelaar
76104'0.5542
Memphis Depay
78146'0.5341

That just shows how easy it can be to rack up goals in the modern game and why you can't use it as a marker of ability anymore. Players like Depay and Lukaku closing in on all time scoring records.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
That trick of his is very effective and also works a lot vs better opponents, nice goal. Good player who needs to leave, would have been good for Dortmund I reckon.

Canagel

That trick of his is very effective and also works a lot vs better opponents, nice goal. Good player who needs to leave, would have been good for Dortmund I reckon.
It would be a real pity if he gets sold because I don't believe Aubameyang or Torres are better players than him. There is a place for him in the squad but he shouldn't accept getting left out and not playing football in a World Cup year.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
It would be a real pity if he gets sold because I don't believe Aubameyang or Torres are better players than him. There is a place for him in the squad but he shouldn't accept getting left out and not playing football in a World Cup year.
Agree on the last bit. Think Torres plays in a different position though and many would consider Auba better than him. Didnt Auba have a better record.

SungSam7

They sign him for not even half of what we paid to loan Ighalo and he's 28. I know we had him years ago but he's not the same player who came with a chip on his shoulder.

Still believe he would have been a better option atleast off the bench over Elanga!

Samoerai Jack

Seems like a really good team for him. Biggest issue is of course that Simeone might just leave after this season and who knows where Atletico ends up then.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I think this is about his level, just below an elite club - even if Atletico do punch into that tier every now and then.