Memphis Depay (stays)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irwin99

I can't really get excited about this one but I guess if he can help our Europa League campaign and add an extra body for the attacking options then maybe it'd be good.

Was it just my imagination or did he bulk up a bit too much when he was last here? I also remember very lethargic performances that i didn't attribute to any laziness but more just sort of getting lost in games. Hopefully he's matured since then.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
I'd happily take him, but to me it depends on Ronaldo leaving, and I don't see that happening at this point
If he cancels his Barca contract to move to us then I don’t care if Ronaldo leaves or not.

A free transfer for him is about as low risk as possible.

Ted Lasso

I knew about his crappy rap songs but I just find them funny. Not a reflection of him as a person. If anything, it made him seem like a cool guy to hang out with (but terrible rap delivery my lord).

NFT is a scam though and Memphis should know better. Scrapping the bottom of the barrel for some extra cash is just low.
The point I was making early on is however much money Memphis is making on the NFTs a decent portion is going to some artist. Or maybe it's some branding firm.

It may not be of valuable to many folks in the same way baseball cards or Pokemon cards are absolutely worthless pieces of laminated paper for most people. But who is to say a fan or collector can't value and put a monetary figure on something like that, whether physical or digital.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Sign him. This would finally mean we can leave Ronaldo in the reserves for a year.

FujiVice

He's one of us. Still wears a gold Man United badge around his neck. Posts photos of vintage kits on Instagram. Beat City and wrote "Manchester is Red" a few years back in the CL. Hope he gets a chance to re-write the wrongs of his first stint.

JawZ

I'm on board if he signs for us on a free. Can't see any negative value in this deal. Let's go!

colombianmancunian

He is slow, haven’t precisely shined on Barcelona, was just ok on a farmers league, already failed at PL (he is not PL proven, he is PL failed)… Don’t want, he won’t do anything for the team. He is a fan? Good for him, let’s keep it that way and please don’t come with his mediocrity to slow down the team.

Sgreddevil

Although the chance is slim, our transfer this season will be successful if we can get both fdj and depay in. That should give a big boost to our midfield and attacking options

Suv666

He'd be a good option up top. Martial is always injured and Ronaldo's a grandad who doesn't want to play.

Surely he's a better 9 than he was years ago. When he was with us his transition from LW to 9 had just started.

Chip

No brainer on a free given our lack of strikers. He has a point to prove, so I'm sure he'll be extremely motivated.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Pretty sure Sport have been throwing out nonsense like this for weeks.

I doubt there's anything in it.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
If he terminates his contract, can't he sign with any club even after the deadline passes? There shouldn't be any restrictions on that as far as I'm aware.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He'd be a good option up top. Martial is always injured and Ronaldo's a grandad who doesn't want to play.

Surely he's a better 9 than he was years ago. When he was with us his transition from LW to 9 had just started.
Is he? I dont think he ever had a great season or is a great goal scorer

CantonaManc

See where they play, how they play, if they play..
Supports
ETH's tricky reds
Memphis Depay [#mufc target] can terminate his contract with Barcelona at any time today, keep an eye on him. [
@FabrizioRomano
@caughtoffside
]

So far there have been no new or fresh contacts with #MUFC, but I think Memphis Depay is one to watch until the end. United have explored the possibility, but that’s all for now
@FabrizioRomano

@caughtoffside
:devil::devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.