MEN: Cristiano Ronaldo holding the Manchester United dressing room together as players question Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
If this is true, I think Ronaldo does this for himself, not for Ole. He doesn’t want to crash out of UCL and knows Ole will be sacked anyway?
It doesn't matter who he does this for. What you need to see is how this is going to affect for the team and any individuals. Good thing for club means also good thing for the player. He doesn't want to crash out of UCL because that will benefit everyone, including himself, the club, the fans, other players, and who knows could be the manager himself. It means what he does can benefit in positive manner for himself, the team and others.

::sonny::

Complete anarchy now

Rightly, most of the players can’t follow the solskjaer suicidal tactics

What you can see during the game it’s a complete mess, they don’t know what to do

Rarely I’ve seen something like that

SATA

From that tweet, it seems that the players are already told there will be a change of manager no matter what happens in the next three games. Or is that last bit just speculation? But If if that’s true, i really feel sorry for Ole who still has to face these players who probably don’t listen to him anymore

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
From that tweet, it seems that the players are already told there will be a change of manager no matter what happens in the next three games. Or is that last bit just speculation? But If if that’s true, i really feel sorry for Ole who still has to face these players who probably don’t listen to him anymore
Luckhurst has gone full blown Ole Out throwing all objectivity as a journo out of the window. So I think it's more likely he's speculating Ole will be sacked soon.

Deery

Dreary
It makes perfect sense if you don’t have to sacrifice the productivity of every other player to serve theold boy goals in a plate.
He’s been a truly wonderful player, he’s had an amazing career, he still has a fantastic shot on him and wil score pals for you . . .
But he won’t run and won’t pass so you need to build your team around serving him and the sacrifice exceeds the benefit by a country mile.
Can’t you see that having Ronaldo makes you less of a team than you were without him?
You were already a good side, you came 2nd last season (5 points ahead of Liverpool and 7 ahead of Chelsea) and adding a couple of hardworking midfielders would have transformed you into a very effective unit.
You’d have won pots this season but you bought him instead and you bought him so that the Glazers could take advantage of a temporary boost to your share price.
There was no football sense in it whatsoever mate.
We came second last season because Liverpool had lots of injuries and Chelsea were going through a managerial crisis, sure Ole did well and probably over performed to get us to second place but coming on an United forum and spouting off about Ronaldo is clearly putting the boot in when we are down, you’ve seen an angle you think can’t be proved wrong and used it as a stick to beat us with.

You say Ronaldo needs goals on a plate when it has been his special ability that has gotten him goals this season and how can lack of a press depend on every other player missing a tackle or bumping into one another.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
It's Luckhurst and if he tells you that the Sun is hot, you need to consider that it could be extremely cold but the tweet reads like Ole totally lost the players and Ronaldo tries to maintain a certain level of commitment.

Smores

We are now like 18th worst in the defence this season :lol:

We were never perfect but we were simply not that bad last season and the only thing that changed? Varane? No. Hardly. Sancho. No. Hardly. Oh...

feck it. City fans can see it. I was talking to him and not you haha.
If that's the level of your deduction as to why results and issues occur then sure i can see why you'd think it was Ronaldo.

Rashford, Greenwood, Martial have never pressed for us. We've got a number 10 behind Ronaldo that presses relentlessly with no assistance from those to his left or right. They're the ones who should be pressing more not Ronaldo.

Even in most hard pressing teams it isn't the striker who is the one aggressively closing players down, they're there for the break when the ball is won.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
I'm perfectly calm.

But I do want to know from when it's ok to call another poster stupid here?

Or to personally harrash and attack another poster only because that poster support a rival team and said something you don't agree with?
It isn't, but tempers are a clearly a bit frayed at the moment. You've raised your objections, so let's all move on.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
If that's the level of your deduction as to why results and issues occur then sure i can see why you'd think it was Ronaldo.

Rashford, Greenwood, Martial have never pressed for us. We've got a number 10 behind Ronaldo that presses relentlessly with no assistance from those to his left or right. They're the ones who should be pressing more not Ronaldo.

Even in most hard pressing teams it isn't the striker who is the one aggressively closing players down, they're there for the break when the ball is won.
Rashford when fit presses miles more than Ronaldo. Even 'lazy' Martial does. Our ineffectiveness at it is down to the coaches but let's not pretend nobody in this team presses just because Ronaldo doesn't.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours

Haha you know nothing about positioning. Ronaldo was never a central striker, so he doesn't position himself centrally. Guess what happens when you don't press or even position yourself centrally!!! Proof, heat map, videos, news articles, sky sports goals, data is in the Ronaldo thread.

Enjoy! Say it's made up or some shit haha.

CallyRed

I’ve heard before every training session, he gets everyone to do the SIIIIIIIIIIIIUUUUUUUU to help build confidence. Think it was in the Daily Star.

I don't know whether there's any truth to the story, but I wouldn't be entirely shocked. What a fecking shambles this club is. I'm so pissed off with everything just now, and it all comes from the top. We have owners who care about nothing but revenue and allow an incompetent board to keep us in mediocrity. It's dereliction of duty and is unforgivable.

Deery

Dreary

I tried pointing that out to him yesterday but his argument was Ronaldo is a LW, there’s no point arguing with him he has a spin for everything.

Smores

I tried pointing that out to him yesterday but his argument was Ronaldo is a LW, there’s no point arguing with him he has a spin for everything.
Yeah i now realise my mistake he's the one who watched a youtube video and that's him convinced.

Both Greenwood and Martial spend most of the time doing the same thing. Most strikers favour starting their runs from the side of their weaker foot.

In fact at the start of this season where Greenwood got to play up front he did just that with Bruno playing further forward once in the final 3rd.

It seems very clear to me Cavani running a lot has some reaching for a simple and incorrect argument that every striker matches that effort.

evil_geko

It makes perfect sense if you don’t have to sacrifice the productivity of every other player to serve theold boy goals in a plate.
He’s been a truly wonderful player, he’s had an amazing career, he still has a fantastic shot on him and wil score pals for you . . .
But he won’t run and won’t pass so you need to build your team around serving him and the sacrifice exceeds the benefit by a country mile.
Can’t you see that having Ronaldo makes you less of a team than you were without him?
You were already a good side, you came 2nd last season (5 points ahead of Liverpool and 7 ahead of Chelsea) and adding a couple of hardworking midfielders would have transformed you into a very effective unit.
You’d have won pots this season but you bought him instead and you bought him so that the Glazers could take advantage of a temporary boost to your share price.
Good post.

And I am laughing at posts like "he is City fan, don't agree with him, you might as well wish City to beat us next".

No, that is not how things work, maybe they work like that in the "Ronaldo fanboy land", but when I see a post I agree with, that is common sense without Ronaldo bias, I agree with it, I don't give a feck which fan wrote it, I am too old for this "true fan" childish bollocks.

Last edited:

Strelok

It isn't, but tempers are a clearly a bit frayed at the moment. You've raised your objections, so let's all move on.
So it's ok to say things like that here as long as you're angry when you say so? That's quite new to me tbh.

Or it's because that was against a City fan?

Because last time I got a warning for suggesting another poster to go see a psychologist. Even if I did actually mean that for the sake of his mental health.

Do you think this is just and fair? Our "attack the post, not the poster" had gone to shit?

Bebestation

Yeah i now realise my mistake he's the one who watched a youtube video and that's him convinced.

Both Greenwood and Martial spend most of the time doing the same thing. Most strikers favour starting their runs from the side of their weaker foot.

In fact at the start of this season where Greenwood got to play up front he did just that with Bruno playing further forward once in the final 3rd.

It seems very clear to me Cavani running a lot has some reaching for a simple and incorrect argument that every striker matches that effort.
No I watched my football match, watched Sky sports articles, goal articles, saw heat maps, saw him having the lowest 3.5 presses per map, youtube videos, videos and articles by the athletic and yet you have absolutely nothing. Only you and your friend deem yourself right because you have no proof and just talk whilst I have scientific proof, article and stats.

Feels so good to have stats and be right. That people keep trying to convince you that you are wrong but they can't come with one bit of data or anything like I am able to give.

You Just love and taste of Ronaldo's underwear :lol:

Absolutely Rinsed every single guy who has gone vs me vs Ronaldo's pressing problem.

:drool::drool:

And another Article by Chris Sutton because hell why not?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.da...es-pressing-problem-Ole-Gunnar-Solskjaer.html

Enjoy!

Deery

Dreary
Good post.

And I am laughing at posts like "he is City fan, don't agree with him, you might as well wish City to beat us next".

No, that is not how things work, maybe they work like that in the "Ronaldo fanboy land", but when I see a post I agree with, that is common sense without Ronaldo bias, I agree with it, I don't give a feck which fan wrote it, I am too old for this "true fan" childish bollocks.
You mean if you see anything negative about Ronaldo you agree with it, it’s funny when Jesus has 3 goals but Ronaldo has 6 in an underperforming team and the guy wouldn’t want Ronaldo at City.

Honestly think there is sections of this fan base that just want to shit on anything United, Ole looks done so now Ronaldo is the next target.

ariveded

Its clickbait news.

Nevertheless, Ronaldo is an excellent professional and team player. He has played with many managers. Has never complained about them, nor have managers complained about him.

Be it greats like SAF, Mourinho to fails like Benitez, Lopetegui.

Deery

Dreary
No I watched my football match, watched Sky sports articles, goal articles, saw heat maps, saw him having the lowest 3.5 presses per map, youtube videos, videos and articles by the athletic and yet you have absolutely nothing. Only you and your friend deem yourself right because you have no proof and just talk whilst I have scientific proof, article and stats.

Feels so good to have stats and be right. That people keep trying to convince you that you are wrong but they can't come with one bit of data or anything like I am able to give.

You Just love and taste of Ronaldo's underwear :lol:

Absolutely Rinsed every single guy who has gone vs me vs Ronaldo's pressing problem.

:drool::drool:

And another Article by Chris Sutton because hell why not?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.da...es-pressing-problem-Ole-Gunnar-Solskjaer.html

Enjoy!
Chris Sutton Blackburn Rovers striker :houllier:

What I did like was the part at the end were it says 5 times ballon d’Or winner though, its lazy journalism to say a 36 year old doesn’t press as much as 23 year olds. It’s well known Ronaldo starts slow and keeps the best of himself for the latter stages of season and CL. I do hope you are badly shown up towards the end of the season.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
So it's ok to say things like that here as long as you're angry when you say so? That's quite new to me tbh.

Or it's because that was against a City fan?

Because last time I got a warning for suggesting another poster to go see a psychologist. Even if I did actually mean that for the sake of his mental health.

Do you think this is just and fair? Our "attack the post, not the poster" had gone to shit?
No-one said that and the person has been asked to not insult people.

Neither of you are City fans from what I gather?

We need to move on and stop derailing this thread.

Bebestation

Chris Sutton Blackburn Rovers striker :houllier:

What I did like was the part at the end were it says 5 times ballon d’Or winner though, its lazy journalism to say a 36 year old doesn’t press as much as 23 year olds. It’s well known Ronaldo starts slow and keeps the best of himself for the latter stages of season and CL. I do hope you are badly shown up towards the end of the season.
And vs you :lol: :houllier:

I have provided 10 + articles and your arse is sore because your still backing Ronaldo like it's your family or some crap.

You have not provided anything to me.

No scientific proof and until you do - do not speak to me because you simply cannot win against me.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ma...ws/man-utd-ronaldo-pressing-news-21968823.amp

And here is ANOTHER article :drool:

Go on Peter Crouch! You know less football than @Deery

I am loving it. Easy peasy.

Everytime you talk I'm going to post a new article hahaha :lol:

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Good post. Very easy to see what he brings and what he doesn't bring to this team and his team mates and what his team mates has to bring for him. However people have not realised Ronaldo is a different version to the player who even joined Juventus 2 or 3 years ago.

I value his goals and he would be a great player to be part of the squad- but the whole "build the bloody team to get the best out of a 36 year old" is absolutely nuts. Crazy shit. He has come here and said he will not tolerate being on the bench and he is too good not to play the full 90 mins - which I think is bullshit because he is a very basic poacher now that has the ability to do what is required in the last 15 mins of a game rather than spending the whole 90 doing shit all. The guy left us in his prime and has come back and people are treating him as if he is in his prime.

Everyone has turned to blaming every single other player in our club like a young diamond of a player like Greenwood just because of their protection of the one major difference to us last year.
This is exactly what I think. My kids were delirious when he came and couldn't understand my stand. They're now slowly taking notice but as always with most Ronaldo fans there is a caveat and that is Ole, Fred, McTominay, etc. Greenwood is definitely the future and should be the priority going forward.

I would say even Cavani is more useful to the present than Ronaldo.

Deery

Dreary
And vs you :lol: :houllier:

I have provided 10 + articles and your arse is sore because your still backing Ronaldo like it's your family or some crap.

You have not provided anything to me.

No scientific proof and until you do - do not speak to me because you simply cannot win against me.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ma...ws/man-utd-ronaldo-pressing-news-21968823.amp

And here is ANOTHER article :drool:

Go on Peter Crouch! You know less football than @Deery

I am loving it. Easy peasy.

Everytime you talk I'm going to post a new article hahaha :lol:
Is that it Peter fecking Crouch a Liverpool striker and all round total feckwit saying I don’t think Ronaldo presses enough? Jesus Christ!

AFC NimbleThumb

We have ‘hardworking’ midfielders, they simply aren’t very good ones.

You’re falling into the same trap many of our Ogs disciples have in regards to league position, we weren’t a particularly good side. We lost the one off games that mattered & once top sh*t the bed.

I’ve said it elsewhere, yes Ronaldo could press more but this wasn’t some functional unit that he’s unbalanced, we were rather mediocre for sustained periods last season that relied on moments.

Simply saying, ‘it’s Ronaldo’s fault’ absolves OgS of his responsibility in this situation. He’s been given a talented team & woefully underperformed with it. It’s Ronaldo fault, it’s Pogba’s fault, it’s Rashford’s fault - no OgS has been god awful at building at system that works to the strengths of the vast array of talent he’s been given. Prime Cavani isn’t masking the flaws in this team.