MEN: Manchester United step up transfer activity after Crystal Palace defeat

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Was not linking MUFC's assumed? incompetency to the article as MEN is not the most reliable and their articles are equivalent to a makeup video's title on youtube. So I agree with the sentiment that reacting to every negative thing about us in the press is eating out of the newspapers hands... Hence I was referring to the last 15 transfer windows and how/when transfers have been conducted (Not talking about the amount spent on players by the club which I think should have been sufficient to be competitive.)
More often than not our transfer windows are normal with the exception of Moyes and I would say this summer. The others we signed players early and some late but with good reasons for example Falcao asked to be transferred late, Martial's sale was linked to Monaco not qualifying for the CL group stages, Di Maria was at the WC and then waited for PSG to find a way to sign him. We haggled for Maguire and Bruno which is common even if frustrating from the outside.

clarkydaz

Liverpool striding to number 20 and 21, and a 7th European cup. Manchester United are said to be monitoring the situation

mancan92

No, I'm not. But since I was answering a post that already made that point, there was no reason to insist on it, my point is that there is a range of reason for a transfer to not happen quickly beyond being incompetent. Now of course we can also all concentrate on loosing our minds 24/7 without ever trying to be rational, that's also an option.
Or we can look at the last 10+ years of poor transfer business and logically see and comment how how badly the club is run instead of putting our heads in the sand. It's not losing your mind it's analysising a situation and coming up with a logical conclusion.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Other clubs seem to grow money on trees then. And Manchester United money is for the Glazers, not for some 'unnecessary' football transfers.
Do you want a short class in football finance and relevance to particular owner interests or are you up to speed on the difference between Roman Abramovitsj, Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed al-Nahyan and the Glazer family as sport club owners?

JPRouve

Scout
Or we can look at the last 10+ years of poor transfer business and logically see and comment how how badly the club is run instead of putting our heads in the sand. It's not losing your mind it's analysising a situation and coming up with a logical conclusion.
Do that and you will realize that there is nothing special with our transfer business. More often than not we have had our new players before our preseason tour in the first half of July. The main outliers have been this summer and Moyes' summer.

mancan92

Do that and you will realize that there is nothing special with our transfer business. More often than not we have had our new players before our preseason tour in the first half of July. The main outliers have been this summer and Moyes' summer.
If you really believe the way we do business is the same or as good as other clubs in the market right now then we will have to agree to disagree

Nikelesh Reddy

We need more than Alex telles...I hope we sign him cause we need more quality at full back,but we desperately need another top class attacking option.The difference between our front 3 and our reserve 4 in our attack is just huge...

JPRouve

Scout
If you really believe the way we do business is the same or as good as other clubs in the market right now then we will have to agree to disagree
I believe that you are overrating other clubs, probably because you logically focus on United. But do the comparison elaborate on it.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Donny, Telles and probably Sarr now I reckon.

None of them bad players and definitely improvements on some of the dross we have. But definitely won't be enough to appease the transfer muppets no doubt.

Who wants league tiles anyway? Top 4 Cup is where the actual excitement is. Hahahahaha.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
This Sarr thing is mental. Never seen the Caf create a link completely out of thin air and so many people are buying into it.

JPRouve

Scout
This Sarr thing is mental. Never seen the Caf create a link completely out of thin air and so many people are buying into it.
To be fair it was in the Sun and Dailystar, the caf didn't make it up.

OrcaFat

Yeah, it has looked poor to me for the most part. Some decent signings under Ole, especially Bruno of course, but can’t help thinking we overpaid. Before Ole it was terrible and this window has been pretty disappointing.
City and Liv have done better business than us and also Chelsea. Most other clubs got more bang for their buck than us, I’m sure. From the outside we look a shambles.

Woodzy

Let’s not forget that with the Bruno signing it was 6 months too late, and even then we still made a meal with it.

People make out the Bruno signing (although being a fantastic signing) to be a master stroke but we were lucky no other clubs took him from under our noses in all honesty. Weren’t Spurs pretty close?

It was pure incompetence yet again.

USREDEVIL

I also heard from various ITK's we've moved from "monitoring" various situations to "closely monitoring" various situations. Strap on your seat belt kids!

PoTMS

Completely reactionary club. We really are the worst run club in the world. We have overtaken Milan and Barcelona.

Cloud7

Completely reactionary club. We really are the worst run club in the world. We have overtaken Milan and Barcelona.
You're being unfair to Milan here :p They're just broke. Us and Barcelona are by far the worst run of the top clubs.

AllezLesDiables

I took a bit of break for most of this camera and holy shit still no closer to a DoF? United will never win another title under the Glazers.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan

None of them bad players and definitely improvements on some of the dross we have. But definitely won't be enough to appease the transfer muppets no doubt.

Who wants league tiles anyway? Top 4 Cup is where the actual excitement is. Hahahahaha.
Could have been Thiago, Alaba and Sancho :(

TheRedHearted

United thinking about raising the leg to step up to the plate while preparing to do by engaged the abdomal muscles.

no but really, I hope it’s true but also if you think about it it’s such a knee jerk reaction. I hope it’s true so we can get what we should have gottena month ago but the fact the reaction comes out of one loss and not us struggling to have depth over a full season and a RW for years is just weird.

Corwin

Do you want a short class in football finance and relevance to particular owner interests or are you up to speed on the difference between Roman Abramovitsj, Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed al-Nahyan and the Glazer family as sport club owners?
I want Manchester United's transfers to be managed by people who understand football. If we don't have money to buy Sancho then we had to move on to other targets months ago. If we pretend to be the biggest club in the world we should match this high standard but in reality we look totally incompetent.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Neither Telles or Sarr look particularly exciting based on the clips I've seen.

Telles looks to be all about end product which can be brilliant or misleading for a fullback making the jump to a top league at the age of 28. If it works out he could definitely be useful going forward.

Sarr seems to be very highly regarded on the caf but while he looks to have pace and strength, I wasn't able to see any supposed top class ability. Appears to be someone you'd want as your second choice RW rather than the one to elevate your team. But I guess beggars can't be choosers. Our options on the right are dreadful

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
We could just play a second string the entire season so at least it ll be understandable of we end up in the middle to bottom half of the table. That way we ll truly expect little but can be positively surprised.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
The problem is that last time we turned the heat up on Woody and co, we had fans in the stands, something which is not an option now.

Moaning online wont get noticed either as i doubt Woody reads the caf.. But in case he does

Woodward you cnut, sign some players please

Slysi17

Manchester United board are a pack of idiots but there is one thing I find fecking laughable about Ed Woodward. It's that he considers himself the director of football when Patrice Evra told the world how he left. The guy has no fecking clue. Probably thinks Lionel Messi is Brazilian

Slysi17

With Pochettino still available I could see them sacking Solskjaer (not that i want that) because it would be cheaper to do that than buy new players!
If that happens it will be the same again. Out of the champions league, hire Pochettino, back him in the 1st season to get champions league then don't back him once it's achieved. Rinse and repeat. Absolutely fecking irritating

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
You don't get it do you?
Ed is waiting for the last day of the window, then boom, one announcement after another, players in and out, in for peanuts, out for gold bars, Caf canne take strain, twitter breaking after every announcement. Sponzors fighting to get deals done with us, paying crazy amount of money. Don't worry he has it done dealios, just is waiting for the last day..

Then I woke up..
Close, I think he’s waiting for the last day to maybe sign Telles to try and placate us.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
If that happens it will be the same again. Out of the champions league, hire Pochettino, back him in the 1st season to get champions league then don't back him once it's achieved. Rinse and repeat. Absolutely fecking irritating
Exactly. Ole outers are going to be the enemy too now.

Even if Ole isn't the guy, we need to get Woodward out first. No more sacking managers and him getting away with it.

DevilsOwn

Close, I think he’s waiting for the last day to maybe sign Telles to try and placate us.
I think, its Ed's brilliant strategy for the window.

Make us so desperate, that when we sign the DM from Indian Super league on Oct 5 for 250k, we will hail him as master negotiator.

Just you wait and watch

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Manchester United board are a pack of idiots but there is one thing I find fecking laughable about Ed Woodward. It's that he considers himself the director of football when Patrice Evra told the world how he left. The guy has no fecking clue. Probably thinks Lionel Messi is Brazilian
We've heard it before from others, even some that work for the club. It's either that he wanted to make a name for himself or he's conveniently took that role to align squad building vs lining the Glazers pockets/profits.

Slysi17

Exactly. Ole outers are going to be the enemy too now.

Even if Ole isn't the guy, we need to get Woodward out first. No more sacking managers and him getting away with it.
I admit I went for the manager the previous 3 times but not this time. The board are the problem and Manchester United fans should go for them. I am sick of manager's being sacked and the board getting away with it. Ole may or may not be the right guy but he is not the main problem.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Joke of a club. Takes an embarrassing defeat for them to see what we saw at the start of the window. No ambition, no future.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I admit I went for the manager the previous 3 times but not this time. The board are the problem and Manchester United fans should go for them. I am sick of manager's being sacked and the board getting away with it. Ole may or may not be the right guy but he is not the main problem.
We've already got millions of fans online asking for Ole's head. Most clueless fans in the world.

We been down this road so many times now. Poch comes in and nothing will change. Woodward Judge and the parasites will continue to mess things up and bleed us dry.

Imagine the scenes if and when they do finally sell the club. It will rival the feeling when we last won the CL. That's how bad they've been for us.