Messi in Miami

Plastic Evra

I do wonder about those rankings a bit since it ranked the Belgian league 3 places higher (6) than the Dutch league (9)...I mean..wut?
The Opta article (Link) explains that if you just average their rating for the ten top clubs of each league, Eredivisie goes 6th & Belgium slides 8th (and Switzerland is replaced in the top 10 by Liga MX) which is much closer to the common wisdom or eye test. In their main ranking method, weaker low table clubs not even being in the top 500 weights down the average. The Swiss league is 12 teams, the Belgium one 16 while both Portugal and the Netherlands are 18 each.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Christ tickets are $450 each at Red Bull Arena for the cheapest seats with Messi when I normally go for $25

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Inter Messi losing 2-1 now. Miami looking a hot mess in this 42 degree heat.

I know Josef Martínez was one of, if not the, best players in the league a couple of years ago, but in the three games I’ve watched him play so far, he’s one of the worst strikers I’ve ever seen. Quite literally Sunday league level. Absolutely atrocious. Can barely even control the ball. What happened? He can’t do anything at all.

If Miami had a pacey competent striker to partner Messi, he’d score 40 goals a season. The opposition just swamp Leo, and he could set him free constantly. Martinez though, can’t even make a half decent run, let alone stay onside. He’s slow as feck, has a touch that makes Lukaku look like Cryuff.

They should’ve gotten Cavani on a free as he just left Valencia. Would’ve been a perfect foil for Leo. Done his work for him, and still has enough about him to score 20-30 goals in MLS.

Joel Miller

I know Josef Martínez was one of, if not the, best players in the league a couple of years ago, but in the three games I’ve watched him play so far, he’s one of the worst strikers I’ve ever seen. Quite literally Sunday league level. Absolutely atrocious. Can barely even control the ball. What happened? He can’t do anything at all.

If Miami had a pacey competent striker to partner Messi, he’d score 40 goals a season. The opposition just swamp Leo, and he could set him free constantly. Martinez though, can’t even make a half decent run, let alone stay onside. He’s slow as feck, has a touch that makes Lukaku look like Cryuff.

They should’ve gotten Cavani on a free as he just left Valencia. Would’ve been a perfect foil for Leo. Done his work for him, and still has enough about him to score 20-30 goals in MLS.
Their number 31 in defence is the one I can’t get over. He’s hilariously bad. Beaten so easily at the second goal and never seems to know where opposition strikers are when crosses come in:lol:

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
3-1 Dallas. A 40 yard free kick cross going straight in after some horrendously comical goalkeeping.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
3-2 now. Messi cut them to pieces, sending Alba through for a simple cut back to some bloke.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
That was a hilarious 5 minutes. 3 goals. Two of them real slapstick stuff.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
They’ve finally taken off Martinez. Might be like playing with 11 players instead of 10 now.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
That own goal was even better than the first. Bullet header into his own net :lol: :lol: :lol:

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
4-4. Messi free kick. What a mental game :lol: world class free kick that.

my bet is on own goal to complete his hattrick for a winner.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Miami win on penalties after a 4-4 draw. Two goals, an assist and the creation of another goal for the little wizard. Miami were AWFUL. But Messi is just Messi.

Right now he’s averaging a goal every 39 minutes :lol: . Haven’t even factored in assists. I think that takes it down to a goal involvement every 26-28 minutes.

Fobal

Supports
Liverpool
And I wanted him fresh for his last years with the NT, with this teamates he'll end with grey hair in two months

Fobal

Supports
Liverpool
the free kick was among his best ones and that is saying quite a lot, no backlift, just a step, right in the upper right corner, beautiful

Hoof the ball

Miami win on penalties after a 4-4 draw. Two goals, an assist and the creation of another goal for the little wizard. Miami were AWFUL. But Messi is just Messi.

Right now he’s averaging a goal every 39 minutes :lol: . Haven’t even factored in assists. I think that takes it down to a goal involvement every 26-28 minutes.
That 18 year old kid, Cremeschi, though. He was bad in Messi's debut, misplacing passes everywhere. Turns out he was just really nervous because Cremeschi has been tremendous in every game since.

That Miami team, in general, is so much worse than even this Dallas team; than any team. Messi, though. Literally had a direct hand in every goal.

Melvin Udall

Tore his acl in 2020 and hasn’t been the same since.

Melvin Udall

That 18 year old kid, Cremeschi, though. He was bad in Messi's debut, misplacing passes everywhere. Turns out he was just really nervous because Cremeschi has been tremendous in every game since.

That Miami team, in general, is so much worse than even this Dallas team; than any team. Messi, though. Literally had a direct hand in every goal.
Cremaschi is an Argentine/US dual nat, but he was born and raised in the Miami area. He’s one of the US’ top players from the 2005 cohort, but he’s spent time with both countries’ youth squads, so I’m a bit concerned about keeping him.

Fobal

Supports
Liverpool
Cremaschi is an Argentine/US dual nat, but he was born and raised in the Miami area. He’s one of the US’ top players from the 2005 cohort, but he’s spent time with both countries’ youth squads, so I’m a bit concerned about keeping him.
In any case in the future the real deal and future star will be his sister

...BTW this kid has the luck of a lifetime, he is playing with Messi, Busquets and Alba out of the blue, now to mature he'll have these fellas around him and if his carreer ends in nothing, he will have this time to tell the rest of his life.In the meantime if he progresses he'll have the sort of Limelight/Press for a good transfer that would have been a lot more difficult to have it without Messi being there

PD: I think that if he grows, with Messi there, he might end playing for Argentina.

Last edited:

Melvin Udall

In any case in the future the real deal and future star will be his sister

...BTW this kid has the luck of a lifetime, he is playing with Messi, Busquets and Alba out of the blue, if needs to mature he had these fellas with him and if his carreer ends in nothing, he will have this time to tell the rest of his life and now in the meantime if he progress he'll have the sort of Limelight/Press for a good trasnfer that would have been a lot more difficult with Messi not being there

PD: I think that if he grows, with Messi there, he might end playing for Argentina.
Yeah that’s the fear on the usmnt message boards. At least the US should be able to offer him a quicker route to playing time. That helped a lot with balogun and Musah. Cremaschi is maybe the happiest person in the world that Messi came there. Argentine, his hero, gets to play with and learn from him. A dream come true.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Won every game since he’s joined. What an affect he’s had on the team.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports

Yeah Cremeschi has done alright in the last few games. Bit of a headless chicken some of the time, but he puts himself about a lot. He reminds me of that Davies kid who came through at Everton about 4-5 years ago. Ran his socks off and seemed like a future star but lacked real quality. We’ll see though. He played well when he came on today. Really pacey for a CM. He’s only 18, and what a dream for him to be playing with Messi.

Miami were so shit. Easy to see why they are bottom. Their goalkeeper is awful. And Miller the CB is built like Sol Campbell but defends like Titus Bramble.

fecking hilarious seeing Dallas fans cheering on their team but wearing Messi shirts.

Vialli_92

Supports
Juventus
It's just good to see him enjoying himself again. It turned out to be a great move for him and his family.

red.knight

In the realm of football, Messi is a celestial force, a cosmic dancer weaving through the tapestry of the pitch with unparalleled grace. Each step he takes is akin to the delicate brushstrokes of a master painter, crafting a living, breathing masterpiece upon the canvas of the field. Much like a shooting star streaking across the night sky, Messi's talent illuminates the darkness, blinding those who dare to challenge him, yet captivating the hearts of those who bear witness to his ethereal magic.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
And people say 1 player can’t change a team :lol: This is proof that it can.
Always depends on the level of competitiveness. A mediocre professional player can change an amateur team, but he can't change a professional team on his own. Messi couldn't win the CL on his own for some time already, but he still can carry a MLS team on his shoulders without problems.

Rojow

Always depends on the level of competitiveness. A mediocre professional player can change an amateur team, but he can't change a professional team on his own. Messi couldn't win the CL on his own for some time already, but he still can carry a MLS team on his shoulders without problems.
Season 2018/2019.