Messi in Miami

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Time to drink in the tears of the Barca fans on the forum.

GinobiliTheGOAT

He is still at a much better playing level than joining the worst team in MLS but thank god it wasn’t Saudi Arabia

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Can you blame him? What a place to live and wind down his career and a massive Spanish speaking City too.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Does it mean he throw away his legacy? He doesn't need the money.

/s

Red Star One

Early retirement is a thing lately I guess? He’s got nothing to prove and I can see why living in Miami is more alluring than in Jeddah :lol:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
A massive mansion on the water in South Beach, plus very close (in relative terms) to Argentina.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Gutted we won't see the big Messi and Neville link up. :(

We need an rvn

A massive mansion on the water in South Beach, plus very close (in relative terms) to Argentina.
Plus not to mention whilst he'll be a massive star there and the camera's will follow him everywhere etc, the lifestyle and culture will be much more familiar to his wife and young children than moving to Saudi.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Plus not to mention whilst he'll be a massive star there and the camera's will follow him everywhere etc, the lifestyle and culture will be much more familiar to his wife and young children than moving to Saudi.
But can he handle the woke stuff and DeSantis :D

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
“There’s no fecking way I’m playing for Phil Neville.”

“Say no more”

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
Meh...you go to sleep and wake up and you're home.
When you're flying private jets that applies from anywhere TBH - though I don't speak from any personal experience

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Fair play to him if true. Kills my thread about his avarice too, that’s to say whatever he’s being paid there he would have got shittonnes more than in S.A.

Bertie Wooster

Despite the interpretation put on another very recent and similar situation, don't think it reflects badly on him that, at almost 36, his options were limited to a return to his former club or a move ('retirement') to Saudi Arabia or MLS.

Nice move for him at this late stage of his career. And should help get good international coverage for the MLS for a couple of years.

Pintu

Miami is the perfect choice for him… His wife and kids will love it. And he won’t feel estrange. I think i read 75% over there speak spanish… The quality of life will be much better than Paris.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
Only a 1 hour time difference though. 9 hours in first class with barely no time difference is honestly better than a 5 hour bus ride across the country to an away game.
Messi doesn't fly first class, he flies private class

BTW, which country is a 5 hour bus ride across? You'll need a 5 hour bus ride to just get outta Florida!

What a waste of time PSG turned out to be.

It's an early retirement but doubt he gives a feck, he achieved his ultimate goal last Christmas. He can play a bit of football whilst relaxing in a great city, he'll barely need to train.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He's on a mission to be the most famous Florida man.

Fat chance, imho.