Messi in Miami

Son

Goals like that get scored in better leagues too.

People falling over themselves to stress how awful these defences are every time is just starting to look like parody at this point
Messi has made a career of making any defender no matter their level look like jokes. I don’t think it matters one bit to him who he faces.

Happened to us with Vidic and Rio. Somehow he scored a header in a champions league final :lol:

fps

I really hated when Veron became more like some sort of all around CM, than his birth as a formidable dinamic 8...the Veron from Estudiantes/Boca, from the WC98, from Samp and Parma specially, what a fun player. I guess that Italian football of that era with the constant long ball, playing to force the rival's error changed him and he become a more ladi back player, seeing that he just can cope anyway. His Inter period he literally became some sort of classic argie number 5 without the stamina and grit many tmes need for the role if you are not a Redondo type of fella.
I think he couldn’t do it physically any more, he played with a knee bandage for a very long time.

Anustart89

Messi has made a career of making any defender no matter their level look like jokes. I don’t think it matters one bit to him who he faces.

Happened to us with Vidic and Rio. Somehow he scored a header in a champions league final :lol:
He reduced Boateng to a meme at Boateng’s peak too.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Gotta love it when people dish Messi and shows their own Youtube clips of good passes, as if Messi has never done any of those, and never had any of those compilations

Hell I can't even find Messi total assist video probably because they could have taken hours of run time.

But hey, Maradonna make a great pass 50 years ago, he's the GOAT. Messi ain't got shit on him

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Some were trying to downplay his assist vs Croatia when he toyed with Gvardiol too. Doesn't matter whether he is in the US or doing it against the best of them, it's always the opposition letting him do whatever he wants :houllier:

devaneios

Supports
São Paulo FC
Ah, please...

I've been watching the brazilian league regularly and I can't remember a goal where a player just run through the defensive line without any defender even seeing him.

And it wasn't even a counter ffs.

Nobody is saying that Messi isn't capable of great through balls. Some of you are overprotective about him around here. Being so sensitive about other person, who doesn't even know you, is bizarre.

That moment against Boateng was pathetic, indeed; but it was an individual blunder, not the whole defensive system being blind and plain horrible.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Well yeah, now show the video of parades blasting the ball at the bench and no second booking.

5 penalties, Martinez allowed to cheat on the final shootout.

Football really is a joke these days.

elPibeDeOro

Supports
Aston Villa & Argentina NT
Well yeah, now show the video of parades blasting the ball at the bench and no second booking.
He wasn't on a yellow when he did that. But whatever fits your agenda I suppose.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans

Usually if you try to rig a team to win you dont give the opposing team 11 minutes of extra time like the Netherlands or France 2 penalties in the final. Messi should have been booked for his handball though in the middle of the pitch though.

Last edited:

elPibeDeOro

Supports
Aston Villa & Argentina NT
or France 2 penalties in the final
You also make sure they don't get the biggest goalscoring opportunity in the game when there is 10 seconds left to play. But I guess the ball was remote controlled to hit Martínez on that occasion.

GinobiliTheGOAT

I’d say you’re the bigger joke with these ridiculous takes

Gehrman

You also make sure they don't get the biggest goalscoring opportunity in the game when there is 10 seconds left to play. But I guess the ball was remote controlled to hit Martínez on that occasion.
Considering i i think france 2nd pen was around 116th minutes straight after a Messi goal that put them ahead it was scripted to perfection.

Fobal

Supports
Liverpool
I think he couldn’t do it physically any more, he played with a knee bandage for a very long time.

hahaha good one I see what you did there...
yet maybe he actually had a little thing going on physically? dunno it always looked like he shifted his style just because he could, was easier and specially suited the predominant style of the Italian League at the moment

Last edited:

Fobal

Supports
Liverpool
Van Gaal and argies do not mix well at all, specially regarding vintage style ones, the whole Di Maria affair here was more due to this thing than anything.
Louis always had a knack to be from blunt to cunning and very hardworking coach. His Ajax was a thing of beauty.

BTW as a side note, Molina when he enters the little area or has a chance to strike close from it has a very REAL talent to score, right now it's not just a Serie A season bleep with him, he actually is a very composed player when comes to definition and he has a great strike and touch in him in such situations

Last edited:

Fobal

Supports
Liverpool
Regarding the issue with Messi since always being targeted as being helped (from Stamford Bridge, to La Liga Farmers League, to the "they let him pass", etc) or merely nit picking him, it's more related to the current Social Media, Forums, Internet in general period + extremely abundance of Yellow Press.
It's sthg that also happened to CR and with any current player, but majorly with these two.
There are two sides of this coin (like always are) the extreme praise and ubber praise for the current GOATs (for lack of better word, I hate it actually) and the ubber nitpicking "analysis" regarding them that GOATs in the past didn't suffer, but as long as it sells and WE as fans prolongue such behaviours will prevale.

BTW: Footbal as a sport it's still as dirty and managed by scumbags as any big human industry were Power and loads of money are involved, yet the above is clearly a Sign of the Times

Last edited:

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Regarding the issue with Messi since always being targeted as being helped (from Stamford Bridge, to La Liga Farmners League, to the "they let him pass", etc), or nit picking him, it's more related to the current Social Media, Forums, Internet in general period + extremely abundance of Yellow Press.
It's sthg that also happened to CR and with any current player, but majorly with these two.
There are two sides of this coin (like always are) the extreme praise and ubber praise for the current GOAts (for lack of better word, I hate it actually) and the ubber nitpicking "analysis" regarding them that GOAT in the past didn't suffer, but as long as it sells and WE as fans prolongue such behaviours will prevale.

BTW: Footbal as a sport it's still as dirty and managed as scumbags as any big human industry were Power and loads of money are involved, yet the above is clearly a Sign of the Times
How did this post beat quality control?

Plastic Evra

Neymar has had the same banner but in stadium.
Yes, it's Ultras grammar.
That's from a specific group that I gather is not popular with its own crowd. While the relationship with Neymar was rocky, there's been bouts of genuine passion. Messi left a very tepid impression, at best.

Last edited:

fps

hahaha good one I see what you did there...
yet maybe even had a little thing going on physically? dunno it always looked like he shifted his tsyle just because he could, was easier and suited specially the Italian League predominant style of the moment
Early Veron was glorious for sure

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal

Has the newbie system completely collapsed?

Rojow

They asked Van Dijk about what Van Gaal said and he did not agree. The same with his teammates.

It is idiotic to suggest what he suggested having seen the same final match against France. There is no point in questioning or believing in theories. It is at the level of flat earthers really.

morisjee

Supports
Mönchengladbach
It just shows how incredibly bad the MLS is. Level of a 6th league, if at all.

Miami, in last place, hasn't won in what feels like two centuries, but is now winning 11 games in a row and also winning titles. Because of 1-2 new additions? This doesn't even exist in a 6th league. And all of this without sprints and 2 kilometers that Messi feels like he jogs in the game. Embarrassing circus league.

Gehrman

Miami, in last place, hasn't won in what feels like two centuries, but is now winning 11 games in a row and also winning titles. Because of 1-2 new additions? This doesn't even exist in a 6th league. And all of this without sprints and 2 kilometers that Messi feels like he jogs in the game. Embarrassing circus league.
Tbf this is still Messi. I honestly dont know what impact Rooney, Beckham, Zlatan, Gerrard and Lampard had. I guess you could throw in Pelé and Cryuff but Messi, Alba and Busquets are an interesting cocktail at their ages in the MLS.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal

If you go to a random 6th tier team and add Messi, Busquets and Alba I assume they would start winning most matches.

luke511

Messi, Busquets, Alba, Aviles, Gomez, Farias along with replacing Phil Neville with Martino.. It's little to do with the quality of the league mate.

Nicoteiro

Im here at the Monumental stadium to watch the man for the second time in my life :drool:

Gehrman

Another free kick goal. Just goes to show how terrible the MLS is.

Gehrman

Where is he all time with free kick goals now?

Edit: level with Becks with 65.

Last edited: