Messi in Miami

Sara125

Yes, and after 3 years in Juventus and 6-7 titles and more scorers than games, he is moving to the best league in the world at 36. Heart of a lion! While Messi, who is 3 years younger, goes to a world selection in a farmers' league.
Not to nitpick but he is only 2 years younger.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
They're all rolling in oil money, don't bother them.
They're doing an awful job at promoting SA though. Knowing how they usually proceed, you'd think they'd hire more competent PR guys than these ones.

Nicoteiro

He's a world class athlete with the best nutritionists and dieticians at his disposal. Did you all really think his pizza was going to have cheese in it?
that pizza has cheese, in fact it’s really good. It’s stacked with tomatoes, that’s why you can’t see the cheese on it.

Buenos Aires pizza is amongst best in the world, it’s natural since it has a huge influence due to Italian immigration. Ice cream is also one of the best.

Joel Miller

Where has this sudden influx of newbie trolls/WUMs come from?? Any idea mods???
It reminds me of literally any social media post about Messi, the MLS or Qatar 2022. Doesn’t matter what the post is, you can bet the comments will be dominated by people with CR7 avatars/usernames using the word “rigged”. These people aren’t normal, it literally seems to be a full time job for a lot of them.

The World Cup was rigged, the MLS is scripted. This is the desperate last throw of the dice for these weirdos now that Ronaldo’s nemesis has completed international football too. I even saw an account that mocked Messi because his team are way down their league while Ronaldo’s are at or around the top. (even though they’ve won nearly every game since Messi’s arrival, and only lost one which is the one where he didn’t feature at all:lol:) It’s a madhouse.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Bizarre conversation.

Morisjee's post history is certainly quite something - he must some shares in the SPL.

JogaBonitoRooney

It reminds me of literally any social media post about Messi, the MLS or Qatar 2022. Doesn’t matter what the post is, you can bet the comments will be dominated by people with CR7 avatars/usernames using the word “rigged”. These people aren’t normal, it literally seems to be a full time job for a lot of them.

The World Cup was rigged, the MLS is scripted. This is the desperate last throw of the dice for these weirdos now that Ronaldo’s nemesis has completed international football too. I even saw an account that mocked Messi because his team are way down their league while Ronaldo’s are at or around the top. (even though they’ve won nearly every game since Messi’s arrival, and only lost one which is the one where he didn’t feature at all:lol:) It’s a madhouse.
Yep I've seen the same. I think the Messi world cup win really broke them. They weren't expecting it. Many are from the less fortunate parts of the world with less things to do maybe and really obsess over this stuff.

Before Messi won the world cup they seemed calmer. Neither Ronaldo or Messi had a WC so one group couldn't boast over the other excessively. After all the Messi has completed football statements after the WC it seems their world came crashing down. They didn't know how to react, they were silent at first. They didn't know how to accept the loss after defending and supporting CR7 for 16 years. They couldn't accept the debate was over and maybe the Messi fans were enjoying the moment too much that they retaliated with all the "rigged, FIFA favours Messi" statements.

This way in their minds they could still make their "GOAT" look better. I also realised the "CR7 is the real GOAT" statements really accelerated after the WC. Sort of like a counter argument to Messi's fans with Ronaldo fans thinking if enough people say it then enough people might believe it.

They pretty much can't accept defeat and are acting exactly like deluded Trump supporters after losing the election. They stopped using logic and called the result rigged even though there's no facts or arguments to back them up.

Honestly I feel bad for some of them. This stuff really bothers some people and there's a generation of Ronaldo supporters obsessed with this. They may need some psychiatric help to move on with their lives.

Another note when a little Moroccan girl mocked CR7 after Morocco knocked out Portugal, social media was flooded with superhero clip edits created by Ronaldo fans of how Mbappe will get revenge on the little girl by helping France beat Morocco. Ronaldo fans were furious at the girl. They're so weird.

morisjee

Supports
Mönchengladbach
Many people don't even notice how Messi keeps leading this league to absurdity. :lol:

It just shows again and again how incredibly bad the MLS is. Level of a u17 6th league.

Miami, in last place, hasn't won since what feels like its inception, but is now winning 11 games in a row and also winning titles. Because of a player? That doesn't even exist in a 6th league. And all of this without sprints and 2 kilometers that Messi jogs in the game. Embarrassing circus league.

As soon as Messi doesn't play a game, they start losing again.:lol: Something like that can't actually be in the league's interest.

@JogaBonitoRooney And CR7 is more than just a goat, he is a pioneer of the sport. Made football big in the Middle East, took half of Portugal and Europe with him. When Neymar moved there and said he wanted to make history, I had to smile myself. BUT, in 10 years, people will remember who made this league what it will be by the time it becomes the best in the world.

As I said, half of Portugal is playing there now because of CR7. Bernardo Silva will also definitely move there next season. It wasn't for nothing that he had a clause of 45 million written into his contract a few days ago. He's just begging to be pulled. Maybe he'll take Ruben Diaz with him too? And who tells you that a Bruno Fernandes or Leao wouldn't want to play there?

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
@JogaBonitoRooney And CR7 is more than just a goat, he is a pioneer of the sport. Made football big in the Middle East, took half of Portugal and Europe with him. When Neymar moved there and said he wanted to make history, I had to smile myself. BUT, in 10 years, people will remember who made this league what it will be by the time it becomes the best in the world.
Not sure if serious...

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Many people don't even notice how Messi keeps leading this league to absurdity. :lol:

It just shows again and again how incredibly bad the MLS is. Level of a u17 6th league.

Miami, in last place, hasn't won since what feels like its inception, but is now winning 11 games in a row and also winning titles. Because of a player? That doesn't even exist in a 6th league. And all of this without sprints and 2 kilometers that Messi jogs in the game. Embarrassing circus league.

As soon as Messi doesn't play a game, they start losing again.:lol: Something like that can't actually be in the league's interest.

As I said, half of Portugal is playing there now because of CR7. Bernardo Silva will also definitely move there next season. It wasn't for nothing that he had a clause of 45 million written into his contract a few days ago. He's just begging to be pulled. Maybe he'll take Ruben Diaz with him too? And who tells you that a Bruno Fernandes or Leao wouldn't want to play there?
How did this guy make through the newbies?

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
How did this guy make through the newbies?
Fortunately enough he still is a Newbie. That obviously won't change either. But he makes the threads he posts in almost unreadable.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Serie A, Napoli, Maradona.

Nicoteiro

You’re a couple post before saying everything is scripted and rigged.
Come on, let the heart of a lion you’ve got speak it out for you.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
But he has a point. The MLS is bad. So bad actually that it's second best team lost 5:0 to Celta Vigo. Ah wait, that was actually Cristiano's new team, wasn't it?

At least Al-Ahli is keeping it up for the glorious SPL. They lost narrowly to freshly promoted Bundesliga team FC Heidenheim. Heidenheim claimed that the level of football was so bad that they won't play against Saudi teams in preseasons again but hey, at least they went toe to toe with global superstars such as Pieringer, Kleindienst and Siersleben.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
I think it's supposed to be a fugazza, which is an Argentina spin off of focaccia, they have many national dishes originating from northern Italian cuisine, like another of Messi's favourites, milanesa. Looks absolutely disgusting though and always anyhow satisfying to see millionaires eating like shit
Who the hell is eating Tomato seeds? Get rid of those, throw a load more olives and onions on there and that’s probably a solid feed.

morisjee

Supports
Mönchengladbach
But he has a point. The MLS is bad. So bad actually that it's second best team lost 5:0 to Celta Vigo. Ah wait, that was actually Cristiano's new team, wasn't it?

At least Al-Ahli is keeping it up for the glorious SPL. They lost narrowly to freshly promoted Bundesliga team FC Heidenheim. Heidenheim claimed that the level of football was so bad that they won't play against Saudi teams in preseasons again but hey, at least they went toe to toe with global superstars such as Pieringer, Kleindienst and Siersleben.

Are you seriously comparing the SPL with the MLS? I wouldn't even bother discussing it seriously. But an SPL selection against an MLS selection would be fun to watch. We both know it would end in double digits. :lol:
The SPL is closer to a European top 3 than the MLS is to the SPL.

And the rest, as always, is bullsh*t and half-knowledge that you always spread. They were reserve teams from al-Ahli and al-Nassr. All the transfers took place much, much later. And what's more, the Saudi reserve teams played a draw against Inter and PSG. And now?
I won't go into any more Facebook-level discussions in the future. My few slots are too good for that.

@moses, the comparison is flawed. Even though Napoli put in a mega performance, which I respect, they weren't last. With Miami's embarrassing series of defeats, Napoli would have been relegated to Serie B long ago. You could also compare Napoli with Kaiserslautern or Leicester, who became champions in a strong league even without Maradonna.

Gehrman

Are you seriously comparing the SPL with the MLS? I wouldn't even bother discussing it seriously. But an SPL selection against an MLS selection would be fun to watch. We both know it would end in double digits. :lol:

And the rest, as always, is bullsh*t and half-knowledge that you always spread. They were reserve teams from al-Ahli and al-Nassr. All the transfers took place much, much later. And what's more, the Saudi reserve teams played a draw against Inter and PSG. And now?
I won't go into any more Facebook-level discussions in the future. My few slots are too good for that.

@moses, the comparison is flawed. Even though Napoli put in a mega performance, which I respect, they weren't last. With Miami's embarrassing series of defeats, Napoli would have been relegated to Serie B long ago. You could also compare Napoli with Kaiserslautern or Leicester, who became champions in a strong league even without Maradonna.
Opta had MLS above the Saudi league in august. I dont doubt they have gone a bit higher but there isnt nothing to suggest the Saudi league bèing totally elite because Al Nassr did alright in some friendlies.

https://worldsoccertalk.com/news/ml...n-the-world-per-opta-20230815-WST-450215.html

Last edited:

Gehrman

@morisjee

How did you get this job from your Saudi overlords? I would very much like to be paid to promote the Saudi league on a Man Utd fan forum.

Last edited:

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Wow :eek::eek::eek:

What the hell has happened in here!?! :lol:

Buying expensive players at the end of their careers does not automatically mean that league is inherently better than a well established league which has plenty of international playing throughout it.

But I guess if Ronaldo plays there it's different....

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
And Jupiter is closer to the earth than Saturn. Honestly, who cares which one is better? The MLS is subpar and the Saudi League is as well.

Gehrman

Why are we discussing with someone who is trying to convince us that Saudi League is anywhere near the top 5 leagues in the world. :lol:

Just post of a gif of Cristiano crying after losing against Morocco and move on
Correction: Anywhere near the top 3 leagues in europe

Last edited:

Fobal

Supports
Liverpool
What a trolling fest...but I think sometimes is worse the overreaction from people that likes Messi a lot when someone is clearly wrong or taking the piss.

barros

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Where liberty dwells, there is my country
And Jupiter is closer to the earth than Saturn. Honestly, who cares which one is better? The MLS is subpar and the Saudi League is as well.
Actually I watch and follow Philadelphia Union and they aren’t close to any league in Europe but I watch only the English ..and Felix scored the second, Spanish and some Portuguese games (Sporting involved or Porto-Benfica), the coaches are terrible except Martino which he would make a good coach/manager for Portugal the way he makes his teams play. I like to go to the games for Union because the tailgating and for me I think I’m living a time football in US is growing. I think in less than 20 years our league here and the national team would be the best in the world. The yanks never play for second place and more kids play “soccer” than ever.

GinobiliTheGOAT

that pizza is one of my favorites, it’s disgustingly good

Btw regarding to the Saudi thing, CR7 has legal issues and can’t put a foot on US soil right? Because otherwise I don’t understand how he isn’t at the MLS creating a big impact with all the celebrities in there, I see him doing that more than Messi, who doesn’t even want to comunícate in English.
Messi is far more exciting to watch than Ronaldo. He wouldn’t have close to the same impact. Messi is a full on mania right now.

Nicoteiro

Messi is far more exciting to watch than Ronaldo. He wouldn’t have close to the same impact. Messi is a full on mania right now.
that’s from our point of view, which I agree. But I also feel like Messi doesn’t like The social part of being in America, having to meet this or that famous guy. I think ronaldo would have used that celebritie side much better.

GinobiliTheGOAT

that’s from our point of view, which I agree. But I also feel like Messi doesn’t like The social part of being in America, having to meet this or that famous guy. I think ronaldo would have used that celebritie side much better.
That’s a fair point

wr8_utd

:'(
Who allows these people to post on here? This fellow has come straight from the Ronaldo looney gang on Twitter.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
I know you're temped, but you have to stay strong, @Cheimoon
I'm not giving the post a like, I'm not transferring to Saudi Arabia, and I'm not going to pay hundreds of dollars to see Messi play anywhere.

Figured I'd cover my bases here. :wenger:

Fobal

Supports
Liverpool
Apparently he is injured with his most recurent type in his his carrer. That's bad, if it ends in sthg like 3 months or sthg like that I wish he still wants to play.
Him and Licha injured just really SUCKS

Gehrman

Apparently he is injured with his most recurent type in his his carrer. That's bad, if it ends in sthg like 3 months or sthg like that I wish he still wants to play.
Him and Licha injured just really SUCKS
Its been boring not getting some weekly highlights.