Messi transfer nonsense

Zoo

He will join City on a million pounds a week.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Valdes could put a nice word or two about his time with United.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Sure, but if I were to guess, Messi is not playing for a manager who publicly stated that he isn't as good as his nearest rival.

It's not about the legitimacy of the statement. It's about a footballer's ego. Especially if the footballer is as good as Messi.
Mourinho also said the 3 best players ever were Maradona, Pele and Messi. And he said that after the Ronaldo > Messi comment.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/foot...go-maradona-as-best-three-players-in-history/

Mourinho also argued Messi makes the very idea of systems almost irrelevant. That certainly seemed the case for Bayern on Wednesday, as the playmaker eventually laid waste to Guardiola's plans.

On the other side, though, Luis Enrique's entire gameplan with Barcelona at this point appears to boil down to the imperious form of Messi.

"People think in the wrong way," Mourinho said. "One thing is a team. Another thing is a team with Messi. It is a different story. He [made] a Champions League final with [Frank] Rijkaard. He played a Champions League with Guardiola. He [if it goes as expected] is playing a Champions League final with Luis Enrique.

"So, when people analyse teams, you have to remember that this boy makes everything different. He makes everything different.

"I think this guy makes the gap by himself. You have doubts that [Manchester] City with Messi can win the Champions League? Or Arsenal with Messi can win the Champions League? Or Chelsea with Messi can win the Champions League? Or Man United with Messi can win the Champions League? Don't you think? I think.

"I am saying that a team with that boy is a different team, is a different story."
http://www.espnfc.co.uk/barcelona/s...ils-lionel-messi-a-team-with-him-is-different

Giggsy PO

Wimbledon Prediction Champion 09
I think only City and PSG would be willing to pay a huge transfer sum with no resale value.

The only viable option for United is Messi running down his contract at Barca and then sign him on free with astronomical wages on 1-2 year contract. That would be possible.

But it is all nonsense. He will sign a new contract at Barca sooner or later.

VanGaalEra

Right, whose arse is going to get buttered up in the thread for this?

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
:drool:

Having drooled a bit I think I'd say no. He's gonna turn 30 in June, so the decline can come quickly and we shouldn't be a retirement home for has beens.
Meh, we'll give him 11 to mess with Martial even further

CG1010

Why does the thread title say "nonsense" when no other transfer threads do. Is it because its Messi? We are also Man United for heaven's sake, and the article linking us to him seems from a credible source. Its about time we fans show some self-confidence! Atleast I am excited at this potential transfer! :devil:
Yeah, he's not coming...

oriole

Why does the thread title say "nonsense" when no other transfer threads do. Is it because its Messi? We are also Man United for heaven's sake, and the article linking us to him seems from a credible source. Its about time we fans show some self-confidence! Atleast I am excited at this potential transfer! :devil:
Yeah, he's not coming...
Because he needs a better contract since he cannot dodge payng taxes anymore? I'm sceptical... :-)

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Coming to the point where the outlay wouldnt match the gains.

Transfer fee - circa £150m
Wages - circa 40m per season.

Sincerely would be looking at around 75m per year and i dont think he would justify that BEYOND the first 2 years.
:lol:

Coops73

Can't wait for all the knobheads on here to start telling anyone who'll listen that they knew this was happening months ago.

CG1010

Because he needs a better contract since he cannot dodge payng taxes anymore? I'm sceptical... :-)
No, because he will (and rightly so) would jump at the opportunity for playing for this iconic club.

schwarzfahren

He won't leave Barcelona for another European team, and certainly not for us. I don't like Barcelona, but I feel like he should end his European career there just for the romance of it.

ravi2

Messi will not leave Barca for a long time, same goes for Neymar.
I believe when Messi is old he will go to Argentina and retire. China, MLS etc will want him but I am not sure he will want them

DanClancy

What do Barca pay Messi now? I've seen so many differing figures ranging from £320,000 a week to £650,000 a week. Got to bear in mind this contract was signed back in May 2014.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I thought Messi was considering City? Or is it the other way around? Saw some crazy figure of £200M being banded about....
I reckon he most likely stays at Barca, but if he ever left, I rather think he'd be City bound..

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I'd happily pay £200 million for him, still be a steal at that price

Skills

Snitch
Right, I remember Mourinho categorically saying that he thinks Ronaldo is a better player than Messi. And that's not even one of the top 5 reasons why it won't happen.
Mourinho also said Zlatan was better than Ronaldo when they were at Inter. He quickly changed his tune on that

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Yay contract renewal time in Spain. Next up will be PSG and maybe, just maybe a Chelsea.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Right, I remember Mourinho categorically saying that he thinks Ronaldo is a better player than Messi. And that's not even one of the top 5 reasons why it won't happen.
He also said Hazard is better than Ronaldo.

Jacob

This will never happen, if it did, I would be embarrassed to support United. I truly hope we fail miserably if he were to come. We would deserve that.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Jones would have to be banned from training sessions.

Bwuk

Jose playing mind games clearly.

Messi will love playing with Lingard and Fellaini.