• Ronaldo

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
So there's no good penalties?
It was a well-taken penalty but Real still had half an hour plus penalties to win the game with a man's advantage against a Juventus side who were looking increasingly exhausted towards the end of the game. His efforts last week were far more impressive than anything he produced just there.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Please lets not start saying penalty are easy. Messi knows that. To score that penalty under those circumstances last kick of the game. That takes a hell of a person. Folklore level penalty.
Indeed, this coming during his best ever year. :smirk:

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
It was a well-taken penalty but Real still had half an hour plus penalties to win the game with a man's advantage against a Juventus side who were looking increasingly exhausted towards the end of the game. His efforts last week were far more impressive than anything he produced just there.
It's a massive penalty and he absolutely nailed it. :drool:

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Poster said nothing about his performance except the pressure penalty he took.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
One thing Ronaldo can't touch Messi on is celebrations. He's just trying way too hard and it's cringy.

That moment right there deserved an iconic celebration and he chose to flex. Come on.

Cal?

CR7 fan
If a Ronaldo-led Madrid had bottled it tonight you would have logged on to see about fifty notifications from this thread. :lol:
True, but the point is one regularly steps up in the CL, the other hasn't for a long long time.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Didn't put Isco one on one, didn't dribble past a bunch of players and didn't create good chances for himself. Didn't create the chance for the penalty either and he didn't press the hell out of Juve's backline.

Penaldo at it again.
Isco was offside. Dribbling past players into a blind alley means nothing. I don't remember him creating any good clearcut chances for himself.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Can only laugh :lol:
About your posts during the game? That deserves a compilation.

There are people here that seriously need help, no idea how the hell you can still watch football when the hate for Ronaldo is so big. It must be so sad to dislike Cristiano Ronaldo.

Hopefully by 2020 it still is the exact same way though

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
What does any of that have to do with what I said?

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
About your posts during the game? That deserves a compilation.
Which posts in particular?

Calling Ronaldo a diver? He is.

Saying Oliver would award a penalty to Real? He did.

Saying that if Juve had went through it wouldn't be Ronaldo's fault? It wouldn't have.

Saying Matuidi owned Modric? He did.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
He also scored that game pink? or they would have not made it then. Penalty like the one he scored today Messi simply would not have scored it. Its not in him. You dont always have to protect Messi you know.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Isco was offside. Dribbling past players into a blind alley means nothing. I don't remember him creating any good clearcut chances for himself.
Are you a member of the Messi brigade? :eek:

SportingCP96

Supports
2 days 2 similar situations but one difference. Real almost bottled it though.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Why is this suddenly proof of Ronaldo's greatness? He did nothing all game and scored a penalty he didn't even earn. I'd have thought it would only further his penaldo reputation.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Which posts in particular?

Calling Ronaldo a diver? He is.

Saying Oliver would award a penalty to Real? He did.

Saying that if Juve had went through it wouldn't be Ronaldo's fault? It wouldn't have.

Saying Matuidi owned Modric? He did.
All of it reeks of hatred... I just don't understand how you can even enjoy football, unless you're a Barcelona fan. Then I'd understand your posts.

You're not alone though and it's better for it to be this way than the opposite anyway.

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
Ronaldo showing once again why he’s the best big game player in the world...the pressure on that penalty having had to wait as long as he did, just wow.

Sucks to see a veteran/legend such as Buffon lose his cool and exit like that in his final CL. As for the penalty call, clear penalty. Madrid player had a grade-A chance to end it and got taken down. Easy chest-to-foot shot/goal it would’ve been. Not that the foul was malicious or overpowering or anything but nonetheless stopped what would have been a sure goal in all likelihood as the Madrid player had all the space in the world to connect the ball.

Then again, 3 Buffons wouldn’t have stopped that penalty anyways.

killerboi2

Messi fans this is getting ridiculous now. He isn't on another planet to Ronaldo at all. This guy just got his team through yet another tough CL match. It is starting to show in terms of trophies now. Ronaldo will be the greatest of this era if he wins 3 CL's back to back, along with all the other things he has done. And there's Messi fans that think he isn't even comparable? Ridiculous.

SportingCP96

Supports
If anyone in this thread seriously try to label that penalty as " easy" or " penaldo" or whatever simply should not watch football. lets give credit where it is due.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Created the most important chance of the match in dying minutes which ultimately decided the tie.

I get that plenty wanted Real to be knocked out but that doesn’t mean it wasn’t a pen. He’s had far better games in CL than tonight but despite Real playing like garbage he produces just enough to get them through. Don’t get why it’s so difficult for few to acknowledge that.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
What does any of that have to do with what I said?
That it took balls. It was a superb penalty but the game was far from done and he'd have had a decent chance of rectifying any mistake in extra-time. In the grand scale of what he's achieved I don't think it was particularly remarkable.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
That it took balls. It was a superb penalty but the game was far from done and he'd have had a decent chance of rectifying any mistake in extra-time. In the grand scale of what he's achieved I don't think it was particularly remarkable.
If you don't think that it took an enormous level of nerve to take that penalty in that way then there's just no reasoning with you.

SportingCP96

Supports
Why is this suddenly proof of Ronaldo's greatness? He did nothing all game and scored a penalty he didn't even earn. I'd have thought it would only further his penaldo reputation.
How can you say penaldo when Messi cant even score penalties to save his life. Don't be ignorant. Anyone who knows anything about football and has played the sport knows how hard a penalty is. Especially in those circumstances. Anything to put down Ronaldo honestly unbearable fans.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
He also scored that game pink? or they would have not made it then. Penalty like the one he scored today Messi simply would not have scored it. Its not in him. You dont always have to protect Messi you know.
I'm just pointing out how much bollocks is being spouted. If Cal wants to post Messi missing a penalty as an example of how much of a bottler he is in comparison to Ronaldo scoring one he sure as feck better expect Ronaldo's CL final miss to get posted too.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
If you don't think that it took an enormous level of nerve to take that penalty in that way then there's just no reasoning with you.
It takes nerve, of course, not disputing that...just pointing out that you'd (reasonably) expect any top player to score it barring a phenomenal save.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
How can you say penaldo when Messi cant even score penalties to save his life. Don't be ignorant. Anyone who knows anything about football and has played the sport knows how hard a penalty is. Especially in those circumstances. Anything to put down Ronaldo honestly unbearable fans.
I mean, the chances of scoring are still above 50% right? It's hardly a feat only a select few can achieve. He's a good penalty taker but to suggest this somehow elevates him above all else is laughable.

SportingCP96

Supports
I'm not sure how any United fan who watched the penalty shootout in 2008 can say this.
Messi has missed far more then Ronaldo. Please don't start. Messi is known for not being that great of a penalty taker. Im not even trying to argue either.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
It takes nerve, of course, not disputing that...just pointing out that you'd (reasonably) expect any top player to score it barring a phenomenal save.
So you're not disputing the single thing I said, you just felt like ranting on about a load of other stuff.

The penalty took balls. Glad you agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.