• Ronaldo

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Either way this will be my last mention of it.
Oh no, go on please. I can't get enough of it.

Ronaldo doesn't score for 1 game and suddenly he's an overrated Inzaghi.

In any case how is it possible that after 10 years of both Messi and Ronaldo stellar performances people are still waiting for a bad game to attack them? They are among the best players in history IMHO, and best is always subjective. It won't be a random game in the end of their careers that will "decide" anything.
You do realize it was VanouverUnitedFan who bumped this thread and revived this debate, do you?

The people who think Ronaldo is an "overrated Inzaghi" (of course they don't but you know what I mean) did so long before this game and now just use it for proving a point about Ronaldo's playstyle and overall impact on the game.

Cal?

CR7 fan
As Malcolm pointed out, Messi probably did more in the last 10 minutes of the match against Roma than Ronaldo did in 90 against Bayern.

And Messi certainly never had anywhere near this type of anonymous performance. Not at any point in the last ten years.

Using distance covered to describe the impact of a player like Messi is puzzling. He's never needed to cover long distances to be effective. He's efficient in his moment and creates space for his teammates by being a threat, even when he's not making long runs, because of his passing ability.
He was player of the tournament in 2014 and using a match from there as you attempt to engage in false equivocation between Ronaldo and Messi seems a little odd.

At no point since Messi emerged as a top star 10 years ago did have anything close to as bad a match as Ronaldo did last night.
As Malcolm pointed out? :lol: Another Messi brigade is clearly the most unbiased view about the matter.

If Messi does so much on a consistent basis, and Barca keep losing in the QF, perhaps it's because whatever he was doing wasn't very good. :smirk:

Messi was player of the tournament in 2014? :eek: The same CL that Ronaldo won and was topscorer? The same one where Messi did nothing at all in both games against AM and crashed out of the CL at QF again?

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Messi against PSG last year wasn't just worse, it was much worse.
Nah, no way. Definitely not good by his standards but still way better than what Ronaldo did on wednesday. I can only remember two attacking situations he really participated in. One time he screwed up a counter and the second time it was his brillant finish after the hand ball. Messi still was far more influential in both legs against PSG. In the second leg you can argue he was involved in three goals (initiated the goal through the first header through a good free kick, initiated a penalty by playing a brillant pass to Suarez and scored one penalty himself) but he had many, many mistakes/unnecessary possession losses and overall a bad game. In the first, he was unremarkable but still at least participated. Can't say the same about Cristiano.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Nah, no way. Definitely not good by his standards but still way better than what Ronaldo did on wednesday. I can only remember two attacking situations he really participated in. One time he screwed up a counter and the second time it was his brillant finish after the hand ball. Messi still was far more influential in both legs against PSG. In the second leg you can argue he was involved in three goals (initiated the goal through the first header through a good free kick, initiated a penalty by playing a brillant pass to Suarez and scored one penalty himself) but he had many, many mistakes/unnecessary possession losses and overall a bad game. In the first, he was unremarkable but still at least participated. Can't say the same about Cristiano.
No... and it's not even close. Better to have not participated at all than to have put up the performance Messi did in Paris.
Love how you mention the second leg :lol:

Main reason for Ronaldo's performance was the tactical situation of the game. He was out of position completely isolated and if his teammates play him a couple simple passes to put him through on goal it's a different story. Another example of great movement going completely unappreciated because the ball didn't end up at his feet, if he was that dangerous on the ball then you might have noticed it. He still should have done more with what he got and it was definitely a poor performance but if you do not understand what happened in that game you need to watch it again

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
No... and it's not even close. Better to have not participated at all than to have put up the performance Messi did in Paris.
Love how you mention the second leg :lol:

Main reason for Ronaldo's performance was the tactical situation of the game. He was out of position completely isolated and if his teammates play him a couple simple passes to put him through on goal it's a different story. Another example of great movement going completely unappreciated because the ball didn't end up at his feet, if he was that dangerous on the ball then you might have noticed it. He still should have done more with what he got and it was definitely a poor performance but if you do not understand what happened in that game you need to watch it again
I already said that Ronaldo fulfilled his task. But he had close to zero impact on the game at all and this is due to his playstyle. This is what people are trying to explain to you since ages. You as the one who always speaks about rating impact on games as the most important aspect to rate a player thinking he had a better game than Messi against PSG just exposes your biases, honestly. As explained, Messi still contributed big time in three (!) goals in the second leg. There is absolutely no way whatsoever that you would accept someone downplaying this performance if it had been one of Ronaldo's. You are the most reasonable of the lot but it still is amazing how biased Cal, you and this Vancouver guy are. No argument is too absurd if it helps giving your Ronaldo preference the superficial impression of rational reasoning.

Cal?

CR7 fan
I already said that Ronaldo fulfilled his task. But he had close to zero impact on the game at all and this is due to his playstyle. This is what people are trying to explain to you since ages. You as the one who always speaks about rating impact on games as the most important aspect to rate a player thinking he had a better game than Messi against PSG just exposes your biases, honestly. As explained, Messi still contributed big time in three (!) goals in the second leg. There is absolutely no way whatsoever that you would accept someone downplaying this performance if it had been one of Ronaldo's. You are the most reasonable of the lot but it still is amazing how biased Cal, you and this Vancouver guy are. No argument is too absurd if it helps giving your Ronaldo preference the superficial impression of rational reasoning.
@Peyroteo has been talking about the 4-0 all along.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
I am not talking about the second leg, I'm talking about the first leg and that's probably the worse game I remember Messi playing, he participated but just lost the ball a bunch of times and didn't do anything good with it. It was a worse game than Ronaldo's in Munich, that's all I was getting at in reply to a comment saying Messi had never played a worse game than that in the CL when it's not true.

The Bayern game is most definitely not the norm, if you start playing Messi stuck to the right wing he'll also not play aswell as he can play. Same if you put Ronaldo isolated upfront, he still should have done better than he did but the circumstances of the game made it a tough game for him.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I am not talking about the second leg, I'm talking about the first leg and that's probably the worse game I remember Messi playing, he participated but just lost the ball a bunch of times and didn't do anything good with it. It was a worse game than Ronaldo's in Munich, that's all I was getting at in reply to a comment saying Messi had never played a worse game than that in the CL when it's not true.

The Bayern game is most definitely not the norm, if you start playing Messi stuck to the right wing he'll also not play aswell as he can play. Same if you put Ronaldo isolated upfront, he still should have done better than he did but the circumstances of the game made it a tough game for him.
Messi didn't set the world on fire in the first leg to say the least but this

is definitely still better than this

Messi only created one great chance in the end and often got stuck with his dribblings but at least he was involved and participated in the build up. Ronaldo did no such things and primarily attracted attention through plays that screwed up the attack. The worst scene isn't even in the video when he played a really bad pass on the left flank in a three vs three situation around the middle line. The only difference is that Barcelona got thrashed and Real Madrid won. Again a case where a better team performance affects the perception of an individual performance..

But that's my last post on this topic. It is clear to see for everyone, don't want to escalate such a pointless debate again.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Messi didn't set the world on fire in the first leg to say the least but this

is definitely still better than this

Messi only created one great chance in the end and often got stuck with his dribblings but at least he was involved and participated in the build up. Ronaldo did no such things and primarily attracted attention through plays that screwed up the attack. The worst scene isn't even in the video when he played a really bad pass on the left flank in a three vs three situation around the middle line. The only difference is that Barcelona got thrashed and Real Madrid won. Again a case where a better team performance affects the perception of an individual performance..

But that's my last post on this topic. It is clear to see for everyone, don't want to escalate such a pointless debate again.
He was participating because his team had the ball and they were looking at scoring while Madrid were defending in their own half without being able to get out of there. Having no impact is better than having a negative one and football isn't only played on the ball making those videos pretty insignificant. They also become more insignificant when they cut out a lot of the times Messi lost the ball for example.

There's not even a question at who had the worst performance... and it had nothing to do with the final result. You're right though, best to leave it at that and it doesn't even matter.

Last edited:

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Messi is the main reason Barca have won the domestic double, Ronaldo is not the reason Real have one foot in the final. That reason is down to Asensio and Marcelo scoring in the first leg vs Bayern.

Yes Ron is the main reason they are in the Semi, but not the final.

Even if Ron wins the CL, Messi has has a better season imo. 2-3 games in the CL does not change that.

Ronaldo is nothing but a goal scorer and has been for a few years now.

Deciding who a better player is has to be down to more than just goals. Otherwise Maradona, Cruyff, Beckenbauer would not be seen as in the top 10 players of all time.

That is why people talk about dribbling, passing, creativity etc.

Ron is possibly the greatest goal scorer ever, that doesn’t mean he is the greatest player ever.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
If you can convince yourself of that rubbish, that's well and good. You can just read through the thread and see people laughing at your posts. Cristiano Ronaldo fanboys are really something.

"Drew the entire defender's attention" . Are you on a windup or do you believe the tripe you post? He played absolutely no role in the goal. He attempted to control the ball, saw himself struggling, And left it. Marcelo hit an amazing shot. Seeing you squirm as you attempt to give him credit is funny.

And you're right. He didn't have a great game. He had a worse game than anything Messi had in the last 10 years.
He's already admitted in this thread that he's deliberately wumming because Messi fans said mean things about Ronaldo in the past.

DonFerguson

As Malcolm pointed out? :lol: Another Messi brigade is clearly the most unbiased view about the matter.

If Messi does so much on a consistent basis, and Barca keep losing in the QF, perhaps it's because whatever he was doing wasn't very good. :smirk:

Messi was player of the tournament in 2014? :eek: The same CL that Ronaldo won and was topscorer? The same one where Messi did nothing at all in both games against AM and crashed out of the CL at QF again?
I'm sorry but what? Ronaldo was player of the tournament in the 2014 World Cup when he exited in the group stage at the expense of Ghana while missing 5 sitters in the last group stage?

Do you Cristiano fanboys just re-write history? Yes, Messi was player of the tournament. He dragged Arsentina to the final. His strikers couldn't score their sitters but as an individual, he did his bit.

Incidently, he scored more goals in that tournament than Ronaldo did in his entire world cup career combine.

Edit: If we are talking about the Champions League, that's another topic. But nobody, not even the most myopic Cristiano fanboy is going to attempt yo say that Ronaldo did anything in that final.

Messi played better in both games in the quarters against Atletico than Ronaldo played in the final and it wasn't even close. That was one of the worst finals performances by a top star that I've ever seen in the Champions League.

DonFerguson

He's already admitted in this thread that he's deliberately wumming because Messi fans said mean things about Ronaldo in the past.
Then what's the point of people like that in this thread? If someone openly admits that they wumming - which is pretty conspicuous by their ridiculous posts to begin with -then they're not adding anything to the discussion. They're just here to fill the thread with nonsense.

I figured he was wumming when he said that Ronaldo occupied the entire defender's attention or something to that effect during Marcelo's goal. Nobody could be that stupid. So you saying that explains it. As I said, even he can't believe the rubbish he's typing.

Rito

Supports
Chelsea
Messi is the main reason Barca have won the domestic double, Ronaldo is not the reason Real have one foot in the final. That reason is down to Asensio and Marcelo scoring in the first leg vs Bayern.

if we are going down that road, shall we discount Suarez's 23 goals in the league and find out whether the 11 point gap still exists at the top? if not, shall we say that Messi is not "that" important for Barca, just as Ronaldo by your logic?

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
@VancouverUtdFan I'm really not sure whether to shake my head or laugh. If you think Ronaldo played any significant role whatsoever in yesterday's goal, then I'm convinced your a Ronaldo-hating troll who wants to see him ravaged in this forum.

He played a worse match than anything Messi has ever given in the Champions league since he broke out into a stop star in 2008. Desperately attempting to convince us that he was anything but anonymous and Godawful is only going to lead to more people laughing at you.

He was a much better player a long time ago, a much better player a short time ago, And a much better player today.

If you believe that the Balon D'OR actually goes to the best player in in world, and hasn't descended into a marketing campaign - that's fine. Carry on doing that.

You use the word delusional a lot. And you're posts are are exactly why everyone in this board thinks you are just that.

Don't trust the Ballon D'or. Trust Don Ferguson's conspiracy theory the caf who says Ballon D'or is a marketing scam as opposed to his opinion of who is better :lol:

I will say that Messi is the more magical player given how he manages to vanish at the big stage time and time again :D this is me trolling a bit about Messi always vanishing

shamans

Then what's the point of people like that in this thread? If someone openly admits that they wumming - which is pretty conspicuous by their ridiculous posts to begin with -then they're not adding anything to the discussion. They're just here to fill the thread with nonsense.

I figured he was wumming when he said that Ronaldo occupied the entire defender's attention or something to that effect during Marcelo's goal. Nobody could be that stupid. So you saying that explains it. As I said, even he can't believe the rubbish he's typing.
Like I said, he may be wumming but you saying Ballon D'ors are useless is also no short of that.

DonFerguson

Like I said, he may be wumming but you saying Ballon D'ors are useless is also no short of that.
Go ahead and point out where I said they're "useless" or stop wasting my time. They don't represent the best player on the planet anymore and the vast majority of football fans feel that away about the award recently.

Now, stop wumming and contribute something useful.

Even if Ron wins the CL, Messi has has a better season imo. 2-3 games in the CL does not change that.

Ronaldo is nothing but a goal scorer and has been for a few years now.

Deciding who a better player is has to be down to more than just goals. Otherwise Maradona, Cruyff, Beckenbauer would not be seen as in the top 10 players of all time.

That is why people talk about dribbling, passing, creativity etc.

Ron is possibly the greatest goal scorer ever, that doesn’t mean he is the greatest player ever.
Even then, he's not. Messi is still a better scorer. He plays deeper because that's required of him. When he chooses to play forward like Cristiano does (in 2012 for example), he Outscored Ronaldo by a comfortable distance, while creating more and offering more in terms of goal play.

Their career scoring averages are comfortably in Messi's favor despite the fact that Messi has - on the whole - played much deeper and was tasked with doing more than score for his team.

Messi is the guy who gave away penalties left and right to Neymar and Suarez. He did the same for Coutinho. I've forgotten the sheer number of times he was one on one and chose to pass to a teammate in a 2-1 position rather than shoot like Ronaldo does.

He's a better scorer despite the fact that scoring isn't his focus. This discussion isn't even close. Even on Redcafe - a hotbed of Ronaldo fanboys who struggle with the basics of the sport - Messi leads the poll.

shamans

Go ahead and point out where I said they're "useless" or stop wasting my time. They don't represent the best player on the planet anymore and the vast majority of football fans feel that away about the award recently.

So the captains of football teams -- professional football teams -- vote for this but no, they are all marketing for something. And why don't you prove that vast majority of football fans feel this way because to me it just feels like you're sour that Ronaldo has been winning it as of late.

DonFerguson

So the captains of football teams -- professional football teams -- vote for this but no, they are all marketing for something. And why don't you prove that vast majority of football fans feel this way because to me it just feels like you're sour that Ronaldo has been winning it as of late.
A bunch of captains have said that they're voting for Ronaldo but the Messi is the best player on the planet. I remember a bunch openly saying it in the same interview last year. If that's the case, they clearly don't think the award represents the best player.

Sour over what? I own three Ronaldo shirts. I was there when he scored his best ever United goal against Portsmouth. I'm pretty sure I've forgotten more about him than you've ever learned. What I don't have time for is fanboys.

I have no problem admitting that Messi is better than any United player who's ever lived. I had no problem admitting Henry was always better than Ruud.

You're a fanboy so you wouldn't understand just what exactly I'm saying.

No, point out where I said that the Balon d'or was "useless."

I'll be waiting. Stop wasting my time and bring up that post.

shamans

A bunch of captains have said that they're voting for Ronaldo but the Messi is the best player on the planet. I remember a bunch openly saying it in the same interview last year. If that's the case, they clearly don't think the award represents the best player.

Sour over what? I own three Ronaldo shirts. I was there when he scored his best ever United goal against Portsmouth. I'm pretty sure I've forgotten more about him than you've ever learned. What I don't have time for is fanboys.

I have no problem admitting that Messi is better than any United player who's ever lived. I had no problem admitting Henry was always better than Ruud.

:lol: keep calling me names. Anyone on this thread can see how obsessed of a Messi fanboi you are being right now.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
if we are going down that road, shall we discount Suarez's 23 goals in the league and find out whether the 11 point gap still exists at the top? if not, shall we say that Messi is not "that" important for Barca, just as Ronaldo by your logic?
Yes go ahead. Or better yet, take out Messi’s goals and assists and see where they would be in the league.

Edit: I have done it for goals from Messi and Suarez.

Without Suarez’s goals Barca would be 9 points worse off, but still top by 2 points with a game in hand

Without Messi’s goals they would be 14 points worse off, so 3 points off top with a game in hand.

So yeah, what I said in the last post was correct.

Last edited:

The holy trinity 68

The disparager

Even then, he's not. Messi is still a better scorer. He plays deeper because that's required of him. When he chooses to play forward like Cristiano does (in 2012 for example), he Outscored Ronaldo by a comfortable distance, while creating more and offering more in terms of goal play.

Their career scoring averages are comfortably in Messi's favor despite the fact that Messi has - on the whole - played much deeper and was tasked with doing more than score for his team.

Messi is the guy who gave away penalties left and right to Neymar and Suarez. He did the same for Coutinho. I've forgotten the sheer number of times he was one on one and chose to pass to a teammate in a 2-1 position rather than shoot like Ronaldo does.

He's a better scorer despite the fact that scoring isn't his focus. This discussion isn't even close. Even on Redcafe - a hotbed of Ronaldo fanboys who struggle with the basics of the sport - Messi leads the poll.
For me Messi is the better player, better scorer is up for debate as Ronaldo has scored more important big game goals in the last few years, Messi before that. Messi has 30 ish goals less in 150 games less though.

For me Messi is a better goal scorer actually, because contrary to people like Cal using the “Ronaldo scores more big game goals” all goals are equal to winning a game, doesn’t really matter who it is against.

I did say Ron is debatably the best goal scorer ever, but I retract that comment.

Pele is the greatest goal scorer for me. Messi a better goal scorer than Ronaldo.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Yes go ahead. Or better yet, take out Messi’s goals and assists and see where they would be in the league.

Edit: I have done it for goals from Messi and Suarez.

Without Suarez’s goals Barca would be 9 points worse off, but still top by 2 points with a game in hand

Without Messi’s goals they would be 14 points worse off, so 3 points off top with a game in hand.

So yeah, what I said in the last post was correct.
That's great logic you just used. Without Ronaldo's goals Madrid would be 16 points worse off then obviously according to you he's done better than Messi, right?

So many bad posts here, from both sides. Also, can't believe you wrote this again :lol: How many times?

Messi has 30 ish goals less in 150 games less though.

Cal?

CR7 fan
I'm sorry but what? Ronaldo was player of the tournament in the 2014 World Cup when he exited in the group stage at the expense of Ghana while missing 5 sitters in the last group stage?

Do you Cristiano fanboys just re-write history? Yes, Messi was player of the tournament. He dragged Arsentina to the final. His strikers couldn't score their sitters but as an individual, he did his bit.

Incidently, he scored more goals in that tournament than Ronaldo did in his entire world cup career combine.

Edit: If we are talking about the Champions League, that's another topic. But nobody, not even the most myopic Cristiano fanboy is going to attempt yo say that Ronaldo did anything in that final.

Messi played better in both games in the quarters against Atletico than Ronaldo played in the final and it wasn't even close. That was one of the worst finals performances by a top star that I've ever seen in the Champions League.
We were supposed to be talking about if Messi ever played as badly as Ronaldo did against Bayern (and the answer is a resounding YES!!!), yet you suddenly go off about the WC?

As for the red part... :lol: You keep imagining these games where Messi did nothing as Barca crashed out to be some great performances it almost makes me ask: "What are you taking? :confused: "

Cal?

CR7 fan

Back to the career stats again, why don't you read through these 240 odds pages, it must have been discussed at least 20 times. :houllier:

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
That's great logic you just used. Without Ronaldo's goals Madrid would be 16 points worse off then obviously according to you he's done better than Messi, right?

So many bad posts here, from both sides. Also, can't believe you wrote this again :lol: How many times?
What you said is the bad post. Ronaldo and Madrid are 3rd and you win nothing for 3rd.

Messi is the catalyst for Barca winning La Liga, it isn’t rocket science to understand that one has scored important goals to have them top of the league, the other has scored goals to be 3rd.

Cal?

CR7 fan

Please provide some kind of proof if you're going to make such allegations.

As for your 3 imaginary Ronaldo shirts, so what? There are plenty of United fans who are still upset that he wanted to move to Real rather than appreciate the fact the greatest player ever played a significant part of his career at United.

Cal?

CR7 fan
For me Messi is the better player, better scorer is up for debate as Ronaldo has scored more important big game goals in the last few years, Messi before that. Messi has 30 ish goals less in 150 games less though.

For me Messi is a better goal scorer actually, because contrary to people like Cal using the “Ronaldo scores more big game goals” all goals are equal to winning a game, doesn’t really matter who it is against.

I did say Ron is debatably the best goal scorer ever, but I retract that comment.

Pele is the greatest goal scorer for me. Messi a better goal scorer than Ronaldo.
That doesn't even make sense, scoring 4 against Eibar doesn't really help in winning games.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
What you said is the bad post. Ronaldo and Madrid are 3rd and you win nothing for 3rd.

Messi is the catalyst for Barca winning La Liga, it isn’t rocket science to understand that one has scored important goals to have them top of the league, the other has scored goals to be 3rd.
And somehow the same logic doesn’t apply to the Champions League... since when is taking someone’s goals away and see what the final result would be makes any sort of sense?

I’m sorry but it’s just so stupid. Not only do your arguments make absolutely no sense, you just use them when it favours Messi and forget about them when they don’t.

And like I said, it’s not just you and it happens for both sides but these pages
have honestly been shocking even for the low standards of this thread

gibers

Unreal. All cower before the might of The Kommander.

In the CL there is no comparison tbh.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
And somehow the same logic doesn’t apply to the Champions League... since when is taking someone’s goals away and see what the final result would be makes any sort of sense?

I’m sorry but it’s just so stupid. Not only do your arguments make absolutely no sense, you just use them when it favours Messi and forget about them when they don’t.

And like I said, it’s not just you and it happens for both sides but these pages
have honestly been shocking even for the low standards of this thread
Mate I wasn't the one who started the conversation of taking goals away. I was replying to Shamans who said that what about Suarez's goals for Barca being top, then he said what would happen if we took Suarez's goals out so I did what he said.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
That doesn't even make sense, scoring 4 against Eibar doesn't really help in winning games.
Here is the teams that both have scored the most goals against. Messi is the one who has scored his highest tally of goals against better teams then Ronaldo has. To suggest Messi only scores lots against small teams is false, Ronaldo is more the flat track bully than Messi. Messi has scored more goals against Real Madrid than Ronaldo has scored against any team.

Ronaldo:
Sevilla: 27
Getafe: 23
Atletico: 22
Celta Vigo: 20
Bilbao: 17
Malaga: 17

Messi:
Sevilla: 33
Atletico: 28
Real Madrid: 25
Valencia: 24
Bilbao: 24
Osasuna: 23

Cal?

CR7 fan
Here is the teams that both have scored the most goals against. Messi is the one who has scored his highest tally of goals against better teams then Ronaldo has. To suggest Messi only scores lots against small teams is false, Ronaldo is more the flat track bully than Messi. Messi has scored more goals against Real Madrid than Ronaldo has scored against any team.

Ronaldo:

Messi:
Is this La Liga only? Does it take into account the fact Messi played in La Liga for much longer?

Pocho

Is this La Liga only? Does it take into account the fact Messi played in La Liga for much longer?
Messi scored more than Ronaldo against the biggest clubs in England and he didn´t even play in England, so stop moaning.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP

Ronaldo:

Messi:
Just dwell on those numbers for a few minutes and think for yourself what the difference behind them might be... can you actually not see what's wrong with that argument or do you simply not even care anymore?

This has gone from a biased discussion to throwing shit at a wall and seeing what sticks.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
You were the one insinuating that Messi only scores a lot of goals vs poor teams. I was showing you that he does not.

Messi scored more than Ronaldo against the biggest clubs in England and he didn´t even play in England, so stop moaning.
This. People who argue for Ronaldo, like to forget the goals that Messi has scored because that doesn’t fit their narrative of Ronaldo scoring against all the best teams and Messi only scoring against fodder.

Cal?

CR7 fan
The biggest clubs in England? It's all down to Arsenal getting trashed all the time.

gibers

Some of you Messi fans...

When Barcelona do well, it's Messi carrying them, when they flop consistently in the CL 4 out of the last 5 years, it's the team and Messi is blameless. Maybe if Messi started actually running instead of walking like he's in a retirement home in every game then Barcelona will progress past the QF.

Status
Not open for further replies.