• Messi

• Ronaldo

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
Or it is just you making the stupid and superficial arguments you are known for. So do whatever you like, I still won't bother getting into a discussion with you since I simply can't take you seriously and have witnessed how that worked out for people who tried to reason with you.

I'm really into football with all his depths, tactical developments and so on, I spent hours reading spielverlagerung.de and Zonal Marking, love watching tactical break downs on player movements on YouTube etc., do you have any idea how boring it is to read the superficial nonsense you are posting? It is just tiring. Believe me, you really have no clue and are extremely biased on top of it. That's really a bad combination. As I said, I may disagree with Peyroteo but at least I can have proper discussions with him since he knows what he's talking about and understands more than just cheap goal stats posted within his social media filter bubble of Ronaldo fan pages.
He just agreed with the same thing I mentioned so yea. Again you’re just upset I shot down your make-believe narrative but have the audacity to spin I’m the one being superficial :lol::lol:

Hate to burst your bubble but Barca have the superior starters that’s a fact. What you spewed, not so much. So keep redirecting and making excuses and changing the subject by talking about other things. Doesn’t change your make-belief story is in fact false.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Sorry, but I completely disagree. I watch Real Madrid solely because I want to see Modric, Kroos, Isco and Marcelo play. For me, this midfield has a rightful claim of being the second best in history. The Modric-Kroos axis may be behind Xavi and Iniesta but they are their worthy successors. By the way, Kroos this season still has a 93% passing accuracy, 2.4 key passes and 6.8 long balls per game. Rakitic is at 90%, 0.8 and 4.1. He is nowhere near Kroos.
Real Madrid's midfield is the main reason why they turned from a good international team to a squad that won four CLs in five seasons. Kroos wasn't at his best at the start of the season but I've seen many good games of him and Modric. But so was the complete squad, Real Madrid was simply generally worse than the last years and got the title with a lot of luck.

And as I said, the midfield wins you titles. No MSN, BBC or whatever the media calls all these fancy attacking lines. Matches these days are decided in the tight midfield spaces and Real Madrid was simply the best squad in these areas during the last three to five years. Each of their players would walk into the midfields you mentioned. Bayern fans are still salty that their management sold Kroos, Modric is highly regarded all around the world.
No, the attacking line is most definitely the most influencial on a team which is why those are the most expensive players and that will keep being the case.

Calling this Madrid midfield the second best in the history of football when they're not even the second best in the world is just weird. Those passing accuracy and key pass numbers are bullshit that doesn't matter, if you look at them to compare players you'd find clearly worse players than Kroos who averaged better numbers than those throughout a season. The point is that Kroos has seemed unmotivated all season and quite poor throughout, same with Casemiro. Modric has been pretty consistent but then failed to have great games in the big games where Madrid got outplayed every single time. As a unit their midfield has been nowhere near as good as they were in 2016-17.

Modric is pretty unique and he's Madrid's second best player, but if you replace Casemiro and Kroos with Busquets and Rakitic Madrid get better, not worse.

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
Sorry, but I completely disagree. I watch Real Madrid solely because I want to see Modric, Kroos, Isco and Marcelo play. For me, this midfield has a rightful claim of being the second best in history.
I swear you couldn’t make this up even if you tried :lol:
You should really spend more time watching football. Everything you say is so unbelievable superficial. Your posts simply scream to heaven "I have no idea what I'm talking about"

Speak for yourself jeez...just let it go man. You’re simply trying to spin a narrative which is ludicrously insane and “superficial” :houllier:

Suhail

He just agreed with the same thing I mentioned so yea. Again you’re just upset I shot down your make-believe narrative but have the audacity to spin I’m the one being superficial :lol::lol:

Hate to burst your bubble but Barca have the superior starters that’s a fact. What you spewed, not so much. So keep redirecting and making excuses and changing the subject by talking about other things. Doesn’t change your make-belief story is in fact false.
What??? Dude we’ve got Paulinho starting for us, Madrid midfielders walk into our team no doubt, we Barca fans keep saying how stupid cabellos was coz had he chose us, he would be starting right now. If only Alba was remotely as good as marcelo, he just doesn’t perform in the occasion. I just don’t understand why Major Real Madrid fans think that they have got the best midfield ever and actually wouldn’t mind if Ronaldo is sold and replaced with a genuine striker if he’s doing something unique that no one else cannot even come close to replicating.

As for Messi being unable to perform in the last three years in the ucl, he has been played into the ground before knockout games even start, I wish Barca had the luxury of resting Messi and just focus on the ucl. Beforr the game against Roma, we knew there was a possibility that this could happen coz the first 11 had no rest whatsoever and just days before Messi had to come from the bench to save our freaking unbeaten run. Now finally we have realized it, I read reports that next year we’ll be prioritizing the ucl and that means we’d need a bigger squad. I would swap madrid’s Squad for ours without a second thought ofc as long as cr remains at Madrid and Messi remains with us.

Suhail

No, the attacking line is most definitely the most influencial on a team which is why those are the most expensive players and that will keep being the case.

Calling this Madrid midfield the second best in the history of football when they're not even the second best in the world is just weird. Those passing accuracy and key pass numbers are bullshit that doesn't matter, if you look at them to compare players you'd find clearly worse players than Kroos who averaged better numbers than those throughout a season. The point is that Kroos has seemed unmotivated all season and quite poor throughout, same with Casemiro. Modric has been pretty consistent but then failed to have great games in the big games where Madrid got outplayed every single time. As a unit their midfield has been nowhere near as good as they were in 2016-17.

Modric is pretty unique and he's Madrid's second best player, but if you replace Casemiro and Kroos with Busquets and Rakitic Madrid get better, not worse.
You really think rakitic is better than kroos?? We’ve been calling for rakitic to be sold since last season, he’s decent but not good enough, specially for an elite club, kroos on the other hand is tremendous, I still rue the day we rejected kroos who would fit us perfectly.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
What??? Dude we’ve got Paulinho starting for us, Madrid midfielders walk into our team no doubt, we Barca fans keep saying how stupid cabellos was coz had he chose us, he would be starting right now. If only Alba was remotely as good as marcelo, he just doesn’t perform in the occasion. I just don’t understand why Major Real Madrid fans think that they have got the best midfield ever and actually wouldn’t mind if Ronaldo is sold and replaced with a genuine striker if he’s doing something unique that no one else cannot even come close to replicating.
Because that's blatantly not true and you have no clue of what you're talking about.

66% wouldn't trade Ronaldo for Neymar... think you should actually know what Madrid fans think if you're going to say something like that rather than reading what some fan said on redcafe

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
You really think rakitic is better than kroos?? We’ve been calling for rakitic to be sold since last season, he’s decent but not good enough, specially for an elite club, kroos on the other hand is tremendous, I still rue the day we rejected kroos who would fit us perfectly.
You haven't been calling for nothing. YOU might, I guarantee you Barcelona fans in general don't want him to go. No idea why you keep making up what the fans think...

I think Rakitic has had a better season than Kroos. In 2016/17 it was very much the other way around and Kroos has been better throughout the years but this season he hasn't been great.

I also think if they traded places you'd be arguing the opposite. You complimented Kovacic in some other post and Kovacic doesn't start for Croatia because he has Rakitic ahead of him...

Suhail

Xavi: “Barça’s been sleeping. The signings are pitful and those making decisions have no idea what’s going on”.
Well xavi knows

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
What??? Dude we’ve got Paulinho starting for us, Madrid midfielders walk into our team no doubt,
Yea, Modric would be the only midfielder who “walks into” Barca for Paulinho. Busquets is better than Casemiro and Rakitic is better than Kroos who’s been inconsistent to say the least this year, just no where near the player he was and why there’s rumours of Madrid looking to replace him.

Modric is the only midfielder who’s “better” starter for starter. Other than that, Barca get the nod with the other 2.

...and this isn’t just about midfield, I was talking about both their Xl’s in which Barca have the more quality starters. Honestly speaking, let’s evaluate XI’s from a Barca POV:

Messi > Ronaldo
Suarez > Benzema
Coutinho > Isco
Rakitic > Kroos
Busquets > Casemiro
Umtiti > Varane
Ter Stegen > Navas
Pique >/= Ramos

That’s 7 - maybe 8 - starting positions that Barca have the advantage in. One could be a wash. The other 3 positions are CM (Modric), LB (Marcelo), RB (Carvajal) who are clearly better and even then Alba isn’t far off from Marcelo.

So that’s 2-3 positions where Madrid have the superior starters but somehow that’s an advantage for Ronaldo. Doesn’t seem to make any sense. And case in point, look at La Liga, goes to show which side was the more dominant. Enough of this nonsense in all honesty.

Last edited:

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
Why wasn't he "THEE piece" when Real failed to reach a UCL final in his first 4 seasons?. Surely Messi got to win 3 UCL as the star because of Iniesta + Messi, but it isn't the same for Ronaldo, 4 seasons without a final with Arbeloa, Khedira, Alonso, Ozil and Di Maria, but 4 titles in 5 seasons with Casemiro, Modric, Kroos, Bale doesn't point at this being a team sport, is just that he got better with age.
Precisely @ the bolded, he actually did which hysterically is what people fail to realize. Most his CL records have come in the last few seasons. He literally has aged like fine wine and been as effective and efficient as ever in the CL now compared to earlier on in his career.

...listen, let’s not make this so complicated. All I’m saying is no one does as much heavy lifting and contributions to his team’s efforts than Ronaldo. That’s a fact as the stats don’t lie. It’s honestly absurd how much Madrid rely on Ronaldo to get them on the scoresheet and I’m certain there’s no other player-team ratio even close to that.

Cristiano Ronaldo in the Champions League 2016+2017+2018

> Goals: 43

> Assists: 13

> 59% Involvement in total Real Madrid's goals.

...yet this is how blind some people still are who think a player involved in over 50% of a team’s goals isn’t thee vital piece for them. Really? Next...

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Precisely @ the bolded, he actually did which hysterically is what people fail to realize. Most his CL records have come in the last few seasons. He literally has aged like fine wine and been as effective and efficient as ever in the CL now compared to earlier on in his career.

...listen, let’s not make this so complicated. All I’m saying is no one does as much heavy lifting and contributions to his team’s efforts than Ronaldo. That’s a fact as the stats don’t lie. It’s honestly absurd how much Madrid rely on Ronaldo to get them on the scoresheet and I’m certain there’s no other player-team ratio even close to that.

...yet this is how blind some people still are who think a player involved in over 50% of a team’s goals isn’t thee vital piece for them. Really? Next...
And yet his national team won a final without him, Madrid were able to finish out the tournament as Ronaldo was absent from the second juventus leg onward, with a penalty to save his performance.

Madrid need Ronaldo, but they fared awfully well without him
And can afford him to disappear from time to time since they have so much depth. If 90% of the rest of the top ten players in the world were as poor as Eonaldo in the semifinals and Final of CL absolutely no way do they advance

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
And yet his national team won a final without him, Madrid were able to finish out the tournament as Ronaldo was absent from the second juventus leg onward, with a penalty to save his performance.

And can afford him to disappear from time to time since they have so much depth. If 90% of the rest of the top ten players in the world were as poor as Eonaldo in the semifinals and Final of CL absolutely no way do they advance
They absolutely can as long as teams gift them a couple of goals per game while missing chance after chance

Did you watch those games? Did you watch the Euros final?

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
They absolutely can as long as teams gift them a couple of goals per game while missing chance after chance

Did you watch those games? Did you watch the Euros final?
Yes, Bayern should have been more clinical and Portugal defended well in the euro final.

But Ronaldo was a ghost in the 2014 and 2016 CL final and managed to win anyway. They are the best “team” in terms of everyone else can raise their level when their star player has an off game. Very few teams, if any, can overcome that.

Cal?

CR7 fan
As for Messi being unable to perform in the last three years in the ucl, he has been played into the ground before knockout games even start, I wish Barca had the luxury of resting Messi and just focus on the ucl. Beforr the game against Roma, we knew there was a possibility that this could happen coz the first 11 had no rest whatsoever and just days before Messi had to come from the bench to save our freaking unbeaten run. Now finally we have realized it, I read reports that next year we’ll be prioritizing the ucl and that means we’d need a bigger squad. I would swap madrid’s Squad for ours without a second thought ofc as long as cr remains at Madrid and Messi remains with us.
You’re just going to pretend you didn’t lose 5-4 to Levante? :lol:

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots

Bro what are you on? Without Ronnie they don’t even advance. He’s carried them the past handful of years. He didn’t need to score the finals becaus others did, hows that his fault? When they’ve needed to advance round to round in need of crucial goals, for the most part (excluding the rarity when he doesn’t omg end of the world dare I say!) he delivers and allows them to stay alive and move on. Something Messi can’t. Do you honestly think Ronnie wouldn’t step up against Roma with that lead heading into the 2nd leg? Feck no. If the supporting cast doesn’t he will and that’s always been the case. The fact your trying to pick a fight that he doesn’t do it all the time is ridiculous. Like I said, when the supporting cast steps up that’s perfectly fine because it’s less than 50% of the time with Cristiano in on the other 50%+. When they don’t/no one else does, he does and why he’s the most clutch player aka biggest big game player in the world.

Again, last 3 CL’s he has 59% involvement (goals or assists) in all of Madrid’s goals. The Euros,
Still scores or assisted 2/3rds of his teams goals in getting to said final. Try again.
That’s 66% involvement.

/more than half in both cases.

“Try again”

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Yes, Bayern should have been more clinical and Portugal defended well in the euro final.

But Ronaldo was a ghost in the 2014 and 2016 CL final and managed to win anyway. They are the best “team” in terms of everyone else can raise their level when their star player has an off game. Very few teams, if any, can overcome that.
No, every winning team can overcome that if they have the right system built. A team that has no alternative if a player doesn't have a great game is a team that's been built to make a player into a star and not to make a team win.

TambourineMan

Supports
Arsenal
That's pretty biased. A fair reflection of Barca vs Madrid using their favoured 442's excluding Messi and Ronaldo would look something like this:

Navas < Ter Stegen
Carvajal > Semedo
Ramos > Pique
Varane < Umtitti
Marcelo > Alba

Casemeiro < Busquets
Kroos > Rakitic
Modric > Iniesta (based on 2017/18)
Isco/Bale > Dembele/Paulinho/Roberto/Gomes (Coutinho was cup-tied for CL so shouldn't be factored in here)

Benzema < Suarez

So that's 6 vs 4. You'd be hard pressed to find anyone person who'd argue with that. Zidane is also a surperior manager to Valverde. Swap Messi with Ronaldo and this Madrid would be winning the treble similar to Barca did when Messi was supported by Xavi and Iniesta. That Barca team spearheaded by Messi is largely considered to be one of the best teams ever; this Madrid team aren't despite their success. This current Madrid team spearheaded by Messi would be spoken about in the same light but unfortunately for them their spearhead is Ronaldo. That said, they've made the best of a poor field in terms of competition the past few seasons to absolutely dominate the CL and that's a tremendous credit to them. They won't be remembered as one of the best teams ever however and that's largely due to the fact they don't have a Messi type player at the top of their attack. As mentioned though, they've done tremendously well with an inferior, albeit absolutely amazing, Ronaldo instead. History will remember Pep's Barca more than they will Zidane's Madrid and Messi is big reason why.

Castia

Are we to ignore that Messi has 7 La Liga wins to Ronaldo’s 2 since Ronaldo arrived in Spain?

It’s 6 and it could be argued that winning titles in multiple leagues is more impressive which Ronaldo did.

Still a great achievement for Messi but the CL is the bigger trophy.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
It’s 6 and it could be argued that winning titles in multiple leagues is more impressive which Ronaldo did.

Still a great achievement for Messi but the CL is the bigger trophy.
It is 9 to 5 for all league title wins. 3 to 5 for CL wins. Their isn’t much difference in what they have won for their teams. We can’t use team results to compare who is the better player. Because both players have played in great teams.

Team results aside, just watching the two of them, it is obvious who the better player is. I haven’t been in this debate thread for a while because we just seem to be goin round in circles.

We are now on page 266 and the same conversation is occuring from page 1.

Both are great players which is what we should just take away from this debate.

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
It is 9 to 5 for all league title wins. 3 to 5 for CL wins. Their isn’t much difference in what they have won for their teams. We can’t use team results to compare who is the better player. Because both players have played in great teams.

Team results aside, just watching the two of them, it is obvious who the better player is. I haven’t been in this debate thread for a while because we just seem to be goin round in circles.

We are now on page 266 and the same conversation is occuring from page 1.

Both are great players which is what we should just take away from this debate.
@ the bolded, having more skill doesn’t make you better. F2freestylers aren’t the best players in the world.

Combine Ronaldo’s quality with his greatness & clutch ability / best big game performer in the world, I have him as the best. It’s a combination of things.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
@ the bolded, having more skill doesn’t make you better. F2freestylers aren’t the best players in the world.

Combine Ronaldo’s quality with his greatness & clutch ability / best big game performer in the world, I have him as the best. It’s a combination of things.
It is a combination of things which is true. Ronaldo is a great player I am not denying that, but I have never in my life of watching football seen any player be as exceptional as Messi at so many different aspects of the game.

As for the clutch/big game performance of a player, he was no where to be seen in the biggest games in the CL this season.

Ronaldo is an exceptional big game player, but the best in the world at it I disagree. For me, Ramos is a bigger game player than Ronaldo. But it is harder to notice because he is a defender.

MalcolmTucker

Allowing Peyroteo, are all the others in the Ronaldo camp from North America or countries that don't have a known footballing culture? Where is Cal from? Not to be judgemental, just personally curious.

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
It is a combination of things which is true. Ronaldo is a great player I am not denying that, but I have never in my life of watching football seen any player be as exceptional as Messi at so many different aspects of the game.

As for the clutch/big game performance of a player, he was no where to be seen in the biggest games in the CL this season.

Ronaldo is an exceptional big game player, but the best in the world at it I disagree. For me, Ramos is a bigger game player than Ronaldo. But it is harder to notice because he is a defender.

Yep fair. I agree with you and I get that part about Messi.

Cal?

CR7 fan
That's pretty biased. A fair reflection of Barca vs Madrid using their favoured 442's excluding Messi and Ronaldo would look something like this:

Navas < Ter Stegen
Carvajal > Semedo
Ramos > Pique
Varane < Umtitti
Marcelo > Alba

Casemeiro < Busquets
Kroos > Rakitic
Modric > Iniesta (based on 2017/18)
Isco/Bale > Dembele/Paulinho/Roberto/Gomes (Coutinho was cup-tied for CL so shouldn't be factored in here)

Benzema < Suarez

So that's 6 vs 4. You'd be hard pressed to find anyone person who'd argue with that. Zidane is also a surperior manager to Valverde. Swap Messi with Ronaldo and this Madrid would be winning the treble similar to Barca did when Messi was supported by Xavi and Iniesta. That Barca team spearheaded by Messi is largely considered to be one of the best teams ever; this Madrid team aren't despite their success. This current Madrid team spearheaded by Messi would be spoken about in the same light but unfortunately for them their spearhead is Ronaldo. That said, they've made the best of a poor field in terms of competition the past few seasons to absolutely dominate the CL and that's a tremendous credit to them. They won't be remembered as one of the best teams ever however and that's largely due to the fact they don't have a Messi type player at the top of their attack. As mentioned though, they've done tremendously well with an inferior, albeit absolutely amazing, Ronaldo instead. History will remember Pep's Barca more than they will Zidane's Madrid and Messi is big reason why.
Swap Messi and Ronaldo and Real could have won La Liga, but they absolutely do NOT win the CL this season.

They’d probably have lost to Juve.

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
@TambourineMan I just realized u forgot to mention Coutinho so yea. Barca fans say Pique is better than Ramos so taking their word for it. Same thing with Messi-Ronaldo.

In my estimation, according to Barca fans themselves they indeed have the better starters.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
CL >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> League
Apples and Oranges. Opinions vary. For me if I had the choice for United to win the CL or the PL next season I would choose the PL.

You need to be the best team/player in your own league before you can be classed as the best in Europe. How can a team be the best in Europe if they were not the best in their country.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Apples and Oranges. Opinions vary. For me if I had the choice for United to win the CL or the PL next season I would choose the PL.

You need to be the best team/player in your own league before you can be classed as the best in Europe. How can a team be the best in Europe if they were not the best in their country.
Not to mention that it really ate at Zidane to not win the league and he even said the worst moment for him was the Leganes match in copa del Rey.

CL is the best trophy to win, but it is shocking that Madrid have never trebled in their history

Gbenger

We have only 3 CL trophies and you would give up the chance to win another for a league title?

I understand this is your opinion but you must know that it is complete shit.

Deleted member 101472

I personally think having done the treble twice is every bit as impressive as a champions league 3peat. You can’t have it both ways and say that he only steps up in the competition that matters to cover the fact he’s never won the treble, when Messi and his team have been able to win every trophy available to them domestically and In Europe in two separate seasons.

Teenaldo

Supports
Myself
Messi is still the better player but Ronaldo's career is starting to look better than Messi's.

Last edited by a moderator:

Charles Miller

I've noticed that i made a comment in this subject and one month later i said exactly the contrary. So i can't trust my opinions in this thread anymore.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite

You know deep down inside you would not choose another PL over #4.

You have your opinion, but you are in the vast minority. 99% of people know CL > League.

We have only 3 CL trophies and you would give up the chance to win another for a league title?

I understand this is your opinion but you must know that it is complete shit.
This.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona

Then you must be the one-eyed trying to lead the blind. What you're doing is using hyperboles, lying and scapegoating to fill the reality with your criteria.

You can't resort to raw stats when you say this:

Messi leached off of Pep’s system (which to an extent still exists at Barca today) and great players like Xavi to do all the heavy lifting for him. He was just 1 of many pieces there.
In the Guardiola era:

Messi: 211 goals 94 assists
Xavi: 36 goals 79 assists
Iniesta: 23 goals 54 assists

Between Xavi and Iniesta (59 goals 133 assists, present in 192 goals) they don't even reach Messi's scoring numbers alone.

But then you say

All I’m saying is no one does as much heavy lifting and contributions to his team’s efforts than Ronaldo. That’s a fact as the stats don’t lie. It’s honestly absurd how much Madrid rely on Ronaldo to get them on the scoresheet and I’m certain there’s no other player-team ratio even close to that.
You're right, yet you have the guts to say Messi was just an accesory to Xavi and Iniesta, as you said, stats don't lie, so it must be you the one lying to downplay how important he was for that Barcelona, and watching how your criteria changes when we look at either Leo or Cris, I think it's fair to say you lack any kind of rational judgement when we talk about both players.

Also

actually did which hysterically is what people fail to realize. Most his CL records have come in the last few seasons. He literally has aged like fine wine and been as effective and efficient as ever in the CL now compared to earlier on in his career.
17/18: 82 shots, 15 goals. 18% Conversion rate, 21% OutOfBox, 13% SixYard, 64% PenArea
16/17: 69 shots, 12 goals. 17% Conversion rate, 36% OutOfBox, 4% SixYard, 57% PenArea
15/16: 92 shots, 16 goals, 17% Conversion rate, 32% OutOfBox, 6% SixYard, 61% PenArea
14/15: 71 shots, 10 goals, 14% Conversion rate, 49% OutOfBox, 7% SixYard, 43% PenArea
13/14: 73 shots, 17 goals, 23% Conversion rate, 42% OutOfBox, 5% SixYard, 52% PenArea
12/13: 81 shots, 12 goals, 15% Conversion rate, 49% OutOfBox, 6% SixYard, 44% PenArea
11/12: 72 shots, 10 goals, 14% Conversion rate, 44% OutOfBox, 3% SixYard, 52% PenArea
10/11: 73 shots, 6 goals, 8% Conversion rate, 63% OutOfBox, 0% Sixyard, 37% PenArea
09/10: 32 shots, 7 goals, 19% Conversion Rate, 56% OutOfBox, 0% SixYArd, 44% PenArea

So, all things considered, improving what, a ~2'5% in his conversion rate while taking ~30% less shots from long range is aging like fine wine?.
I'd say he has now better teammates, that allow him easier chances than when he had to shoot from Madeira to score 8 years ago. "Stats don't lie", he's winning and scoring more because he's playing with better teammates, same as Messi before.

Because you probably don't remember, but I'm one of those weird Culés that don't have a problem putting Ronaldo as a goalscorer at the same level, or even above Messi at their peaks, never doubted he could reach 70+goals like Messi for Barcelona in the Pep era, it's a possibility.

But saying this Ronaldo is the best version of Ronaldo... come on, that's a joke, you probably think I hate the guy, but 28 y/o Ronaldo would score north of 70 goals with the squad Real Madrid had the past 3 seasons, he was on another level, doesn't matter that he got the records now, he isn't better or close to that level.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Conversion rate again? This thread really does go round and round in circles... :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.