• Messi

• Ronaldo

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Anyone who takes one side or the other in this "debate" doesn't deserve to watch either of them. Mental.
Watching Cristiano is boring anyway, I'd be fine if I didn't get to watch him.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I wonder if they'd make good managers. Theres a history of top players failing at management and i dont see it being any different for these two.
Cruyff and Beckenbauer weren't too shabby.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
It's shit like this that makes alienated towards modern football. Fans right now have a terrible attitude towards the sport they love. So much hatred and so little appreciation.
There's a difference between appreciation and enjoyment. I appreciate how good Cristiano is at finding space inside the box despite being the main focus of defences, and how good he is at scoring regularly. That doesn't mean his performances are enjoyable though, there's no beauty in his game any more.

ClosetDevil

Both amazing players with different strengths. Would much prefer Messi in our team than Ronaldo.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Messi and Cristiano do not have the personality to make great football coaches. Quote me on it in 50 years.. I would struggle to envisage them as pundits.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I can see someone like Xavi make a good manager but it's tough to see that with Messi.
Why? Xavi has about as much charisma as a toad.

Xaxi, Messi and Ronaldo are all three players whose understanding of the game elevates them a great deal. To what extent they are able to conceptualise and communicate this is just an unknown.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Anyone who takes one side or the other in this "debate" doesn't deserve to watch either of them. Mental.
Nonsense.

To take the side that Messi is a better (and by some margin imo) footballer than Ronaldo is neither "mental" nor undeserving of watching them.

People talk like watching Ronaldo play is some kind of honour. It really isn't. He's a goalscoring machine and not much more these days.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
Silly post. Neither of them is playing for free, so we all 'deserve' to watch them both and have an opinion about them both.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Watching Cristiano is boring anyway, I'd be fine if I didn't get to watch him.
:lol: I don't get it, you're a top 5 poster in this one and the other thread purely for Ronaldo. You post on Ronaldo pretty much every single game, why watch (madrid I guess?) and post so much about a player you find boring?

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
What a strange thing to say. Do you understand that majority here find one as clearly the better player, even though they quite like the other one? If anything, people who think it's a debate are in the minority, and just few of them find Ronaldo as the better player.

Moby

Dick
What a strange thing to say. Do you understand that majority here find one as clearly the better player, even though they quite like the other one? If anything, people who think it's a debate are in the minority, and just few of them find Ronaldo as the better player.
I treasure every second watching both of them as I consider myself fortunate to be able to do so, I don't see the point of spending hours trying to prove which one is better. Both great players, end of. I know comparisons don't make sense but are done for the kick of it, but how can people not get tired of this one after so many years, amuses me.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I treasure every second watching both of them as I consider myself fortunate to be able to do so, I don't see the point of spending hours trying to prove which one is better. Both great players, end of. I know comparisons don't make sense but are done for the kick of it, but how can people not get tired of this one after so many years, amuses me.
As is pretty much everything on this forum, shall we stop discussing at all? I know it's pretty boring reading same old stuff again, but if you don't like it then simply don't click on the thread, it's really easy to avoid it.

Moby

Dick
As is pretty much everything on this forum, shall we stop discussing at all? I know it's pretty boring reading same old stuff again, but if you don't like it then simply don't click on the thread, it's really easy to avoid it.
I like it, it always amuses me.

Roman Bellic

Prick
Yup.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
It's not boring at all.

I'm always looking forward to the excuses Cal? comes up with to justify Ronaldo being better than Messi.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Weirdly, this occurs only on the Caf. Off the caf it is more of an even split. Not sure how much of that is influenced by fanboiism.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Weirdly, this occurs only on the Caf. Off the caf it is more of an even split. Not sure how much of that is influenced by fanboiism.
Actually on the other forums there's not even a debate regarding who the better player is. On the Caf, it's more of a debate due to obvious goodwill of Ronaldo with the United fans.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
:lol: I don't get it, you're a top 5 poster in this one and the other thread purely for Ronaldo. You post on Ronaldo pretty much every single game, why watch (madrid I guess?) and post so much about a player you find boring?
I find him boring to watch, but (at times) don't find it boring to talk about him/criticise. And aye, I watch Madrid matches for the other non-Bale attacking players. Cristiano and Bale bore me with their style of play.

Revan

Assumptionman
Not this season, I hope I didn't give off that impression. I meant overall.

And yes @Arruda, anyone on "Ronaldo's side" this season is deluded.
When did that happen? Usually it is Cal? and a couple of other posters who insist that Ronaldo is the better player. There are others (like me) who say that it is/has been close and that Ronaldo had better seasons, but I guess that if we make a poll who is the better player (both currently and at their best), Messi will get 90%+ of votes.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
From my experience, it's really not even close on other forums - especially non United ones. Yeah, there's definite consensus that Ronaldo has had better individual seasons, but overwhelmingly Messi is considered up there with the GOAT's.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
When did that happen? Usually it is Cal? and a couple of other posters who insist that Ronaldo is the better player. There are others (like me) who say that it is/has been close and that Ronaldo had better seasons, but I guess that if we make a poll who is the better player (both currently and at their best), Messi will get 90%+ of votes.
I know a lot of interesting people.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
There's a difference between appreciation and enjoyment. I appreciate how good Cristiano is at finding space inside the box despite being the main focus of defences, and how good he is at scoring regularly. That doesn't mean his performances are enjoyable though, there's no beauty in his game any more.
If there's no beauty in Ronaldo then you should just stop watching football, because anyone bar Messi is boring

zing

Zingle balls
If there's no beauty in Ronaldo then you should just stop watching football, because anyone bar Messi is boring
Pretentious bullshit.

Ronaldo plays more as a goal poacher than not these days. I didn't find Nistelrooy beautiful, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.