Messi or Ronaldo

• Messi

• Ronaldo

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
It isn't a question of honesty. It's a question of obsession, and his inferiority complex when it comes to the Balón D'or récord holder.
The so called “inferior complex” or “obsession” does drive him on from 1-4 behind to 5-5 level on Ballon D’or wins at one point though. And he is currently on 801 career goals too, the most in entire football history, ahead of the likes of every other GOAT out there. I guess it can’t be as bad as you tried to portrait here?

Before you keep on criticising his “obsession” in negative tone, has any of your “obsession” drive you to huge success in real life though?

Last edited:

Ladron de redcafe

The so called “inferior complex” or obsession does drive him on from 1-4 to 5-5 Ballon D’or win at one point though. I guess it can’t be as bad as you tried to portrait here.

Before keep on criticising in negative tone, has any of your “obsession” drive you to huge success in real life though?
And he trails now, so why would the count be relevant?

What does my personal life have to do with the fact that your hero's balon d'Or dream is dead?

Ladron de redcafe

Well from what I notice here, you only choose to listen to the part he has said before which suit your own speculation. As someone has already mentioned, he has said many things about how content he was on winning CL or Euro too, and you just totally ignore those part as those doesn’t fit your agenda. Same goes for Messi.

Anyway, I don’t disagree he values Ballon D’or or Golden boot highly and those belong to Messi. But similarly, Messi does value CL and surely all time records highly too, and those belong to Ronaldo. That’s my whole point.
It isn't complicated. The mental gymnastics you engage in is adorable but irrelevant. The record Ronaldo cares about most belongs to Messi. That's what the discussion is about. Because Ronaldo isn't reaching 7.

The rest of the tangential stuff isn't really relevant or intetesting.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I don’t think this at all. I think that deep down he knows he’s not the greatest ever. No one who truly believes that they are the greatest ever would behave like he does.
Well he has a very strong case to be claimed as the greatest ever in CL, and greatest ever goalscorer in football.

Pele and Maradona, 2 of the greatest ever, doesn’t really “behave” any better in GOAT discussion over the past few centuries. They both have long history of bigging up themselves while undermining the others.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.

What does my personal life have to do with the fact that your hero's balon d'Or dream is dead?
Only if you think winning 5 Ballon D’or and scoring 801 goals isn’t relevant.

Your personal life doesn’t mean much, but it does show your hypocrisy here.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
It isn't complicated. The mental gymnastics you engage in is adorable but irrelevant. The record Ronaldo cares about most belongs to Messi. That's what the discussion is about. Because Ronaldo isn't reaching 7.

You are trying to play GOD role again, to determine which record he cares and which one he doesn’t.

Swoobs

Supports
Florentina
he scored against city, and still has more goals against the top 4 than Ronaldo does this season and Messi doesn’t even play in the epl
That he cannot imagine Messi doing something that he has already done says all about it

Swoobs

Supports
Florentina

Because personal attacks and insults are what the cr7 internet army is good at.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Because personal attacks and insults are what the cr7 internet army is good at.
Where are the so called personal attacks and insults? :lol: You people are acting too sensitive! Doesn’t mean to hurt anyone here, but it’s just a simple question shows your own hyprocrisy.

Ladron de redcafe

Only if you think winning 5 Ballon D’or and scoring 801 goals isn’t relevant.

Your personal life doesn’t mean much, but it does show your hypocrisy here.
I don't think you understand what the word hypocrisy means.

And your first sentence is a straw man. Your idol's balón d'or dream is dead. He can enjoy his 5.

Ladron de redcafe

Where are the so called personal attacks and insults? :lol: You people are acting too sensitive! Doesn’t mean to hurt anyone here, but it’s just a simple question shows your own hyprocrisy.
You seem emotionally wound up, again. Repeatedly lashing out because your idol's biggest dream is dead isn't going to change the fact that he isn't reaching Messi's 7. You'd do well to channel that energy in a more positive way.

Ladron de redcafe

You are trying to play GOD role again, to determine which record he cares and which one he doesn’t.
I'm actually using his words. His most important record is the Balón D'or. He was obsessed with it, and Messi has left him in dust. Not complex, at all :D

Ladron de redcafe

he scored against city, and still has more goals against the top 4 than Ronaldo does this season and Messi doesn’t even play in the epl
How many goals has Ronaldo scored against City in his entire career, daysleeper? Would you shed light on this and compare it to Messi's?

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
You seem emotionally wound up, again. Repeatedly lashing out because your idol's biggest dream is dead isn't going to change the fact that he isn't reaching Messi's 7. You'd do well to channel that energy in a more positive way.
You are clearly running out of arguments now, and have to resort to this.

cyberman

Isn’t what Ronaldo wants almost irrelevant? It’s a decent point to make if you were directly prodding Ronaldo but you’re acting as if fans on here personally said it themselves.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I'm actually using his words. His most important record is the Balón D'or. He was obsessed with it, and Messi has left him in dust. Not complex, at all :D
We are just running in circles. Again you are only choosing those words which fit your own agenda, and ignore those which doesn’t.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
How many goals has Ronaldo scored against City in his entire career, daysleeper? Would you shed light on this and compare it to Messi's?
Of course:

Messi:

Matches8
Minutes Played630
Goals7
Assists3

Ronaldo:

Matches15
Minutes Played1215
Goals5
Assists3

jamesjimmybyrondean

Ronaldo is the better player easily this season. Messi seems to has declined but I'm not sure how much of it is due to Pochettino's tactics because he's not the only one in psg playing like his lesser self

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
And this was Messi against a significantly better City team than Ronaldo faced.

But enough about that, Ronaldo has been amazing to reach 800 goals. He’s a beast.

Ladron de redcafe

We are just running in circles. Again you are only choosing those words which fit your own agenda, and ignore those which doesn’t.
Nobody is running around in circles. The Balón D'or dream is dead for Ronaldo. You - just like Ronaldo - aren't handling it well, and have resorted to random tangential lesser records to ameliorate your anger. It's amusing, but doesn't change the fact that Messi will be the Balón D'or King, and Ronaldo has to be content with 5,.

Ladron de redcafe

Of course:

Messi:

Matches8
Minutes Played630
Goals7
Assists3

Ronaldo:

Matches15
Minutes Played1215
Goals5
Assists3
So Messi, who doesn't play in the Premier League and never has, is on another level statistically against Manchester City than Ronaldo is?

Ladron de redcafe

But enough about that, Ronaldo has been amazing to reach 800 goals. He’s a beast.
Who cares about cumulative totals? :lol:
That's what's bizzare about the Cristiano fanboys. If they put stock into cumulative totals, more power to them. Why melt down just because others don't value it?

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Who cares about cumulative totals? :lol:
That's what's bizzare about the Cristiano fanboys. If they put stock into cumulative totals, more power to them. Why melt down just because others don't value it?
In fairness most goals in history is impressive. The meltdown is funny but it’s an impressive stat in my opinion.

Ladron de redcafe

Context needed. Ronaldo mostly played against City when he was a young, conventional, touchline winger.

Messi has played City mostly in his prime and as his team’s primary scorer.
Ronaldo played many games against City when he wasn't a younger "conventual winger". He wasn't as dominant against City as Messi is.

MrEleson

Ronaldo mostly played against City when he was a young, conventional, touchline winger.

I mean look at Ronaldo’s record against Bayern and Juve (when he actually became a proper forward)...he has an unprecedented 10 goals against the likes of Neuer & Buffon. His record against those clubs are unmatched.

He just didn’t play City much when he moved to Madrid.

Ladron de redcafe

In fairness most goals in history is impressive. The meltdown is funny but it’s an impressive stat in my opinion.
Just isn't as impressive as the most golden shoes because it doesn't show how many times you were the best scorer on the planet, or you're goalscoring peak.

You could be a lesser player and an inferior scorer and play long enough to have more cumulative goals. That's a longevity argument, and it's a fair one.

Ladron de redcafe

Ronaldo mostly played against City when he was a young, conventional, touchline winger.

I mean look at Ronaldo’s record against Bayern and Juve (when he actually became a proper forward)...he has an unprecedented 10 goals against the likes of Neuer & Buffon. His record against those clubs are unmatched.

He just didn’t play City much when he moved to Madrid.
We've seen him as a "proper forward" long after he stopped playing as a winger. Messi is his team's best scorer but doesn't play as far up the pitch as Ronaldo does. By your logic, he isn't a "proper forward" and yet dominates City in a way Ronaldo has never been good enough to do so.

MrEleson

What a random sentence. Who cares about Bayern. This is a discussion of how each fared against City.
I’m just highlighting the disingenuous use of the stats to make it seem like Ronaldo struggled more against City when in truth he and Messi played them at different stages of their careers when they had different roles.

I mentioned Bayern and Juve (bigger European heavyweights) to highlight that it’s only a matter of Ronaldo not playing City much while at Madrid being why his record against them is at is as he’s consistently strong against other big teams.

MrEleson

We've seen him as a "proper forward" long after he stopped playing as a winger. Messi is his team's best scorer but doesn't play as far up the pitch as Ronaldo does. By your logic, he isn't a "proper forward" and yet dominates City in a way Ronaldo has never been good enough to do so.
Ronaldo was still playing RW for all of the games he played against City before he moved to Madrid, so no he wasn’t further forward than Messi. He only played City 3 times after he left United when he became a proper inside forward.

Ladron de redcafe

I’m just highlighting the disingenuous use of the stats to make it seem like Ronaldo struggled more against City when in truth he and Messi played them at different stages of their careers when they had different roles.

I mentioned Bayern and Juve (bigger European heavyweights) to highlight that it’s only a matter of Ronaldo not playing City much while at Madrid being why his record against them is at is as he’s consistently strong against other big teams.
And I'm pointing out the disingenuous implication that Messi and Ronaldo play similarly, when they play different roles. Despite that, Messi has always played better against City than Ronaldo has.

As far as your second sentence is concerned, Ronaldo's records against Liverpool and Chelsea bet to differ. But you were digressing, as you know.

Ladron de redcafe

Ronaldo was still playing RW for all of the games he played against City before he moved to Madrid, so no he wasn’t further forward than Messi. He only played City 3 times after he left United when he became a proper inside forward.
No he didn't. He didn't play as a right winger in 2008 and 2009 in any sense of the word. Starting position isn't relevant in the discussion, when Ronaldo is higher on the pitch than Messi who plays false 9. So wrong again.

MrEleson

And I'm pointing out the disingenuous implication that Messi and Ronaldo play similarly, when they play different roles. Despite that, Messi has always played better against City than Ronaldo has.

As far as your second sentence is concerned, Ronaldo's records against Liverpool and Chelsea bet to differ. But you were digressing, as you know.
Again, Messi mostly played against City in his prime and as his team’s main scorer while Ronaldo mostly as a young touchline winger. Ditto Liverpool and Chelsea.

Ladron de redcafe

Again, Messi mostly played against City in his prime and as his team’s main scorer while Ronaldo mostly as a young touchline winger. Ditto Liverpool and Chelsea.
Again, Messi was his team's primary scorer despite playing deeper than Ronaldo. We have seen Ronaldo play higher up the pitch than Messi ever has against City, and he has been nowhere near as good.

MrEleson

No he didn't. He didn't play as a right winger in 2008 and 2009 in any sense of the word. Starting position isn't relevant in the discussion, when Ronaldo is higher on the pitch than Messi who plays false 9. So wrong again.
When did you start watching football? He absolutely did play those roles in 2008 and 2009. Not every game but he did for the vast majority. United played a pretty flat 4-4-2 with Rooney partnering Berbatov or Tevez upfront. Ronaldo had license to roam but his average heat maps was still on the wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.