Messi or Ronaldo

• Messi

• Ronaldo

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Same thing happened last season and here are we are after the Balón D'or ceremony - and after a record extending 7th for Messi - with lots feeling daft about gloating last fall.
Not a record, same as Pele :drool:

Good luck getting over him when Messi has scored 1 goal in 10 games :drool: in the 5th best league of the world.

Let's see how he does in China ;)

Pickle85

That's subjective. I would say it's definitely true, and that your statement would apply to you more than to him.
I would say your statement is similarly subjective. And I would also say that you don't understand what quantitative means if you think my statement applies to me before him, given that he has hundreds more posts in this thread than I do.

Ladron de redcafe

I would say your statement is similarly subjective. And I would also say that you don't understand what quantitative means if you think my statement applies to me before him, given that he has hundreds more posts in this thread than I do.
Anyone with basic inference skills would have deduced that I was talking about the qualitative aspects of posts. I suppose that says a lot about you. But either way, you're digressing. You feel his posts are poor. I feel that his are of a higher quality than yours and those of the poster who asked for him to be thread banned.

Pickle85

Anyone with basic inference skills would have deduced that I was talking about the qualitative aspects of posts. I suppose that says a lot about you. But either way, you're digressing. You feel his posts are poor. I feel that his are of a higher quality than yours and those of the poster who asked for him to be thread banned.
I wonder if this has anything to do with the fact that you share the same opinion...

NasirTimothy is a good poster and no more wumming than anyone else here.
Sure, I mean, this post has a lot to do with Messi and Ronaldo:

Man United over the last 10 transfer windows have spent more money than any club in Europe not named Man City. No trophy in four years, no league title in 10 years. What have Barca won in the last 4 years? Or the last 10 years?

Ladron de redcafe

Not really. But do you also think that Messi has started the season better than Ronaldo then?
What a random and worthless "contribution". What does that have to do with anything? Ironic after you called out someone for the quality of their posts.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
Why would he be thread banned? You can't seem to construct anything resembling a coherent rebuttal to anything he says and have done nothing but resort to calling him names and a wum and asking for him to be thread banned, when he's contributed much more to this thread than you have.
Thanks for this

Pickle85

What a random and worthless "contribution". What does that have to do with anything? Ironic after you called out someone for the quality of their posts.
Um, the relevance is that you were praising the quality of that poster's posts and claiming they were more worthwhile than mine. That poster has been arguing Messi has started the season better than Ronaldo. Which I took to mean you feel the same. It's really not a tough thought process to follow. So do you think Messi has started the season better?

Ladron de redcafe

Um, the relevance is that you were praising the quality of that poster's posts and claiming they were more worthwhile than mine. That poster has been arguing Messi has started the season better than Ronaldo. Which I took to me you felt the same. It's really not a tough thought process to follow. So do you think Messi has started the season better?
There you are. That's what you took, and judging by the poor inference skills you've already demonstrated, it should be a sign that you ought to be sure about what you're talking about.

The poster in question has a plethora of posts regarding the Messi be Ronaldo debate. I was obviously referring to his posting in general. What would I care about something as trivial as who started the season better?

Um, the relevance is that you were praising the quality of that poster's posts and claiming they were more worthwhile than mine. That poster has been arguing Messi has started the season better than Ronaldo. Which I took to mean you feel the same. It's really not a tough thought process to follow. So do you think Messi has started the season better?
I put that fella on ignore a long time ago, wouldn’t surprise me at all if he also thinks Messi’s started the season better.

Pickle85

There you are. That's what you took, and judging by the poor inference skills you've already demonstrated, it should be a sign that you ought to be sure about what you're talking about.

The poster in question has a plethora of posts regarding the Messi be Ronaldo debate. I was obviously referring to his posting in general. What would I care about something as trivial as who started the season better?
I think you're mistaking your inability to communicate effectively for poor inference skills on my part. The last few pages of the thread have centred on who began the season better so I'd have thought you may have an opinion on that front but I see your opinion is based on his opinion lining up with your own. The two of you are peas in a pod, actually. Posting on almost nothing but Messi on a United forum.

Ladron de redcafe

I think you're mistaking your inability to communicate effectively for poor inference skills on my part. The last few pages of the thread have centred on who began the season better so I'd have thought you may have an opinion on that front but I see your opinion is based on his opinion lining up with your own. The two of you are peas in a pod, actually. Posting on almost nothing but Messi on a United forum.
You don't seem to have a grasp of the definition of the same of the words you're using. I never "communicated" which points I agree with Nasir about. I was referring to posting in general. So I corrected you and pointed out that you really ought to know what you're saying before doing so.

You're free to post about whatever topic you want. I certainly post about many topics in this forum, as does Nasir. If you don't like the fact that someone has a low opinion of your posts, that's your problem.

Crying about it and resorting to ad-hominems is childish. As is calling for thread bans to people you aren't capable of responding to with anything of substance.

Bebestation

"Luis Suarez claims Lionel Messi "suffers a lot" with the cold weather in France after having private chats with the Paris Saint-Germain superstar about how he is settling into his new surroundings."

Goat who can only do it for a farm in the carribean :drool:

Ladron de redcafe

"Luis Suarez claims Lionel Messi "suffers a lot" with the cold weather in France after having private chats with the Paris Saint-Germain superstar about how he is settling into his new surroundings."

Goat who can only do it for a farm in the carribean :drool:
But remains the Balón D'or king! 7 :drool:

Pickle85

You don't seem to have a grasp of the definition of the same of the words you're using. I never "communicated" which points I agree with Nasir about. I was referring to posting in general. So I corrected you and pointed out that you really ought to know what you're saying before doing so.

You're free to post about whatever topic you want. I certainly post about many topics in this forum, as does Nasir. If you don't like the fact that someone has a low opinion of your posts, that's your problem.
I have no idea what the bolded means. In terms of questioning your communication skills, I did that as you clearly stated that my post (qualitative Vs quantitative) applied to my post history moreso than the other posters. I wondered how that could be, given that the other poster had considerably more posts in this thread. You then said that I should have inferred that you were talking about the qualitative aspect as opposed to the quantitative. Despite not stating that originally. Hence why I say your communication skills are lacking.

Anyway, this is pointless bickering - one thing we can probably both agree on is that this conversation is excruciatingly pedantic and boring. I'll step out at this point - feel free to have the last word.

Bebestation

We know that someone will never reach 7 :lol:
Someone already has :lol:

Messi is going to have have step up vs Lens and Bordeuex to be the best of the best in terms of a pure Balon D'or king :)

Stats and numbers are not his game anyway so it shouldn't matter ;)

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
This fella knows. Anyone who is in this thread for any reason other than friendly banter, obviously doesn't get it.

And by "it", I mean football.
Exactly. This is the greatest thread in the internet for a reason.

Ladron de redcafe

Someone already has :lol:

Messi is going to have have step up vs Lens and Bordeuex to be the best of the best in terms of a pure Balon D'or king :)

Stats and numbers are not his game anyway so it shouldn't matter ;)
Sorry pal. Alternative facts aren't going to change reality :lol:
7 will always be greater than 5:drool:

Eplel

Bebestation

Sorry pal. Alternative facts aren't going to change reality :lol:
7 will always be greater than 5:drool:
And 7 will be always be the same as seven :drool: maybe he should try score some goals against Lens or Borduex or some Chinese club teams to try be the greatest goalscorer or the great of something atleast :drool:

:lol: Really hope this is not true.

Zen

Has anyone ever tallied up the votes by merely relevant journalists and countries? It's quite funny seeing the lists and Messi/Ronaldo still getting mega votes from the most obscure countries in Asia and Africa actually :lol:

I don't just mean for this year either, I'd love to a breakdown generator where you can remove all sorts of shit.

Eplel

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
I haven't checked, but I'm willing to bet they didn't vote based on FIFA attributes.

hmm.
check all your facts before posting

there were a few countries that didn’t have Messi or Lewa in top 5. It goes both ways

Eplel

check all your facts before posting

there were a few countries that didn’t have Messi or Lewa in top 5. It goes both ways
I think you're really agitated by the fact that Messi has been exposed this year in the farmer's league. Perhaps you should take some time off the internet to relax.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
I think you're really agitated by the fact that Messi has been exposed this year in the farmer's league. Perhaps you should take some time off the internet to relax.
You’re the one crying about asterisks for Messi. I’m good mate, but keep whining about Messi winning his seventh while you grasp at straws

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
Has anyone ever tallied up the votes by merely relevant journalists and countries? It's quite funny seeing the lists and Messi/Ronaldo still getting mega votes from the most obscure countries in Asia and Africa actually :lol:

I don't just mean for this year either, I'd love to a breakdown generator where you can remove all sorts of shit.
I can't find any record of it online, but I have a distinct memory of reading in World Soccer magazine that some journalist or manager had voted for Marco van Basten one year in the mid-90s when he hadn't played a match for about 2 years :lol:.

Eplel

You would think people would not be triggered by obvious banter, but here we are.

As I said, some people really don't get football.

Status
Not open for further replies.