• Messi

• Ronaldo

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
6 of Messi's assists are just all against Clermont Foot & St Ettiene :lol:

God what I'd do to see him play a few games in the PL in a non possession team :smirk:

genardk

Supports
Juventus
6 of Messi's assists are just all against Clermont Foot & St Ettiene :lol:

God what I'd do to see him play a few games in the PL in a non possession team :smirk:
7 goals+assists of out of 15 of Ronaldo are against relegation zone dream teams Burnley, Norwich, Watford and Newcastle :lol:

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
most assists with less games played in Ligue One it's something, not goat numbers anymore but still very useful.
With their wages and stature they are a drag at this point. Ronaldo is having his moments though.

GinobiliTheGOAT

Cue the Messi ***** “ItS OnLY NorWiCH!!”
Ronaldo ***** say the same thing the other way around. And Ronaldo is a striker playing much much closer to goal than Messi does.

Messi gets a hattrick of assists and compared to the rest of Europe, while overpaid like Ronaldo, he's still very good. Messi is the only player in europe to have multiple games of a hattrick of assists in the same season this year.

https://i.redd.it/olquqzxt1xs81.jpg

and @Lecland07

Last edited:

Traub

Prime Messi yeah. Ronaldo wins the 34+ contest though. Ronnie is a striker at this point while Messi feeds the other strikers and forwards at PSG. Roles aren't the same.
I don't think either is above the 'good' category these days. As you said, considering their wages and stature, it's a complete waste - you can get players just as good for a lot cheaper, and they may improve.

Lecland07

There is no doubt that Ronaldo is better, now. Messi has been rubbish at PSG, who are dominant in Ligue 1.

Ronaldo has had bad games, but he is doing more at a side that has far more problems than PSG.

Last edited:

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
There's a certain type of man that pick their wives purely on beauty.

This is Messi and his fans with regards to his technical beauty. Jaws drop.

Then there's a type of man that pick their wives both on beauty and mindset.

This is Ronaldo and his fans.

Ronaldo is not the most beautiful but the way his utelises his mindset with consistency is amazing.

Still doing it in the hardest leagues in the world. Has played fantastic football for 3 top clubs and have been great in all the best leagues in the world.

Different tactics, no philosophies helping him do his thing from the back - the guy goes and tests himself in the 3 top teams and leagues of the world and has come out with A- A*s .

:drool:

Gehrman

Really? I don’t see Messi scoring too many league hat tricks these days…
Messi has been fairly wank but if you watch his games, his game is mainly about setting up Mpabbe while United is about setting up Ronnie. I'm sure Messi would be the first admit this is his worst season ever though.

Corey

Great to see another hat trick from Ronaldo today!

It's sad that they're both a shadow of their former selves, but it was bound to happen eventually.

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but these stats show that Messi is still one of, if not the best, passers in the world:

Gehrman

Great to see another hat trick from Ronaldo today!

It's sad that they're both a shadow of their former selves, but it was bound to happen eventually.

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but these stats show that Messi is still one of, if not the best, passers in the world:

As a Messi fan I will admit that Ronaldo has had more moments this season and has had a better season but their roles are very different. However I predicted before this season that Messi won't have the longevity of Ronaldo and I think that's the case at the end of the day. Messi might still be World class at creating chances but Ronaldo's moments as a match winner is more memorable.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Ronaldo is showing Messi up massively this season.

In a tougher league.

In a worse team.

And despite being 3 years older.

Righteous Steps

Even in a playmaker role you'd expect him to score more goals though. He's scored feck all in the league.
He should score more but his goal contributions probably around the same as Ronaldos?

Ronaldo may have 1 or 2 more but I thought it was always understood that Messi would drop back to being a more CM type player when older?

Gehrman

He should score more but his goal contributions probably around the same as Ronaldos?
Sometimes an assist is just a sideways pass to someone who does all the work himself to score a goal. Not neglecting his stats there but quality of assists above everything. Sometimes Messi creates quality chances as well which are wasted.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
There is no doubt that Ronaldo is better, now. Messi has been rubbish at PSG, who are dominant in Ligue 1.

Ronaldo has had bad games, but he is doing more at a side that has far more problems than PSG.
You probably barely watch much of either of them and are just looking at goal stats. Messi has been better than Ronaldo for the most part this season, Ronaldo is barely involved in the game unless he scores. Messi hasn't scored as much but his playmaking is still easily top 5 in the world this season, arguably even number 1.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Ronaldo is showing Messi up massively this season.

In a tougher league.

In a worse team.

And despite being 3 years older.

Messi has started 18 games of the 20 he has played in the league, he has 3 goals and 13 assists.

Ronaldo has started 23 games of the 26 he has played in the league, he has 15 goals and 3 assists.

Yes Messi plays in a better team but he is now the creator with Mbappe being the focal point for scoring. He is not expected to get the majority of the team goals anymore.

Ronaldo plays in a worse team but he is the main striker and the focal point of the scoring, he is expected to get the majority of the team goals.

Messi has contributed to 2 less goals than Ronaldo in 5 less starts and 6 less games in total. Messi is also more involved in the games far more than Ronaldo. If neither scores or assists in a game this season, Messi has been the better player of the 2 in more of the games, and has definitely gone missing far less.

Regardless, it is unfair on both of them for people to compare them as if they both play in the same position and as if they are expecting to do the same stuff for their respective teams.

Rojow

Ronaldo scores against the bottom team of EPL and all his ***** come to revive this thread.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Messi stats in passing, assists and creation of goal scoring opportunities is still very much elite. Someone above has just shared an image where Messi is miles ahead of anyone in world football for progressive passes per 90 minutes and expected assists per 90 minutes. He is still the best passer of the ball in the world. This plus 16 goal contributions in the league in 18 starts clearly shows that he is still a great player and has actually been pretty good this season.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
8 gold medals and 2 silver medals >>>> 2 gold medals and 8 silver medals.

Messi stats in passing, assists and creation of goal scoring opportunities is still very much elite. Someone above has just shared an image where Messi is miles ahead of anyone in world football for progressive passes per 90 minutes and expected assists per 90 minutes. He is still the best passer of the ball in the world. This plus 16 goal contributions in the league in 18 starts clearly shows that he is still a great player and has actually been pretty good this season.
He’s playing in a league that made Memphis Depay look a good player, for a ridiculously dominant side.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
He’s playing in a league that made Memphis Depay look a good player, for a ridiculously dominant side.
You say this as if he has not been the best player in the world for the majority of the least 12 seasons. Of course he has been a shadow of his former self but just because his goal scoring has dried up doesnt take away from the fact that he is still elite in certain areas.

If you want to use the weak competition angle then how about of Ronaldo's 15 league goals this season, and 3 assists, 7 of the goals have came against Newcastle 2, Norwich 4, Burnley 1. While 2 of his assists have came against Burnley and Watford.

That is 9 of his 18 goal contributions coming against 3 teams about to be relegated, and 1 team that were close to being relegated until the Qatar takeover.

SirAnderson

I see this is still going :lol:

Nice catch up over a month since I last saw it.

The one thing I can definitely take away from it is that if Ronaldo won the CL for Juve, that Juve newbie nutter of a fan would be fully fanboi Ronaldo 100%. The bitterness oozes freely for all to see:lol:

Anyway, will check back in a month when it's Messi that does something to start up another 10 pages.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Prime Messi is better than Ronaldo. Ronaldo has aged much better. We should just enjoy both these players as there won't be anything like them in awhile. Ronaldo is more of a goalscorer now, while Messi is a creator. It depends on what is more important to your team when selecting which one you would prefer at the moment

SirAnderson

Prime Messi is better than Ronaldo. Ronaldo has aged much better. We should just enjoy both these players as there won't be anything like them in awhile. Ronaldo is more of a goalscorer now, while Messi is a creator. It depends on what is more important to your team when selecting which one you would prefer at the moment
Well Poch beats them both and twice on Sunday. FACTO!!

Status
Not open for further replies.