Messi or Ronaldo

• Messi

• Ronaldo

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Well Poch beats them both and twice on Sunday. FACTO!!
Becareful you will be flagged for changing the subject. All it takes is one report and the mods will be on you like a fat kid on a cake. Nevermind, you aren't Amadaeus. Stay on subject and don't try to change the thread topic please. This thread is only about messi and ronaldo.

Last edited:

SirAnderson

Becareful you will be flagged for changing the subject. All it takes is one report and the mods will be on you like a fat kid on a cake
I agree that mods would be swift, don't doubt.

But am I really changing the subject?

1.Countless pages of other players have been reference other than Messi & Ronaldo? Check.
2. Absurd takes? Check
3. The use of the word FACTO. Check.

Which reminds me...Ronaldo was on point today, another cap in his longevity record that will take him to playing till his 45 probably.
I am hoping Messi will play until at least 40 though.
;)

Pickle85

You probably barely watch much of either of them and are just looking at goal stats. Messi has been better than Ronaldo for the most part this season, Ronaldo is barely involved in the game unless he scores. Messi hasn't scored as much but his playmaking is still easily top 5 in the world this season, arguably even number 1.
Bahahahaha

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
I agree that mods would be swift, don't doubt.

But am I really changing the subject?

1.Countless pages of other players have been reference other than Messi & Ronaldo? Check.
2. Absurd takes? Check
3. The use of the word FACTO. Check.

Which reminds me...Ronaldo was on point today, another cap in his longevity record that will take him to playing till his 45 probably.
I am hoping Messi will play until at least 40 though.
;)
Nah, the way Messi is playing, he won't last that long unless he plays in MLS. I haven't seen a more static player off the ball than Messi. When on the ball, I still see glimpses of his natural talent, but his work ethic since he has aged, is sooo bad

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Ronaldo’s numbers are far more superior then Messi’s this season because he is doing it in a MUCH harder league and in a MUCH worse team. Where as Messi numbers are coming in a MUCH weaker league but in a MUCH better team.

Let’s put it this way, if you have them swap teams Messi would probably have the same league out put as he does in France (3) but almost certainly a worse assist record and possibly would be run off the pitch.

Ronaldo in PSG would have even better numbers then he has now.

It’s really not even close when it comes to their Age bracket, Ronaldo at Messi age was far better and Messi st 37/38 will probably playing in Argentina or retired.

Messi would not last in England at 37.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Messi will be playing further and further back the older he gets and then we’ll have the hordes of Messi fans telling us that he’s a world class goalkeeper and Ronaldo could never match him.

SportingCP96

Supports
Messi has 13 assists in the league this season..
Dude look at the team he is playing for compared to the teams he is playing against….. add the context.

His goal scoring output is a joke when your playing in a team 20x better then the rest of the league.

Lord SInister

where grasses are green and girls are pretty
Dude look at the team he is playing for compared to the teams he is playing against….. add the context.

His goal scoring output is a joke when your playing in a team 20x better then the rest of the league.
PSG is not 20 times better than anyone in the Ligue 1. They are out of every tournament, they lost to Nice in domestic cup, lost to Lille in Super Cup. And we all witness them getting humiliated by Benzema and co in UCL.

It is quite clear you are just shitting on Messi, because well you are annoyed to your soul's end by Messi fans :lol: . I don't think you dislike Messi, but you surely dislike Messi fans to the extent you will go on call PSG 20times better even when despite their league standings, this PSG team has barely dominated Ligue 1 this season in actual match proceedings. You seem to totally ignore the way both are playing. One is playing as a finisher for the chances created, another is playing as a playmaker who while agree has been shit in front of goal, but his main duty is to create chances, which he is doing at an excellent rate. But does that mean he is having a great season? No not at all. But does it somehow nake Cristiano greater? No it doesn't. It just makes either of Messi fans shitting on Cristiano, vice versa, sound like bitter housewives who have reached menopause.

I mean sorry but comparison of Messi and Cristiano this season sounds so stupid. The argument being who has been more shit rather than who has been better:lol:

GinobiliTheGOAT

Really? I don’t see Messi scoring too many league hat tricks these days…
Messi gets a hattrick of assists and compared to the rest of Europe, while overpaid like Ronaldo, he's still very good:

https://i.redd.it/olquqzxt1xs81.jpg

and @Lecland07

the entire united team is built around getting Ronaldo to score, psg is built around mbappe.

the fact that ten Haag wants Ronaldo out speaks volumes.

and Finally, it was Norwich ffs, the worst side in the epl, Ronaldo’s worst matches this season are much worse than Messi.

Ronaldo has had the better season overall, but anyone looking at him and saying he’s been a success in the epl this season acting like he’s carrying a relegated side, a side that finished second in the league last season needs to wake up.

messi has been one of the best playmakers in Europe, even against Real Madrid he was MUCH better than Ronaldo was against a far worse Atletico side.

all the Ronaldo fans coming out of the woodworks because of Norwich of all teams.:lol:

I think Ronaldo has done about as well as you can expect for 37, but don’t be surprised if he isn’t part of United’s plans next season.

SportingCP96

Supports
PSG is not 20 times better than anyone in the Ligue 1. They are out of every tournament, they lost to Nice in domestic cup, lost to Lille in Super Cup. And we all witness them getting humiliated by Benzema and co in UCL.

It is quite clear you are just shitting on Messi, because well you are annoyed to your soul's end by Messi fans :lol: . I don't think you dislike Messi, but you surely dislike Messi fans to the extent you will go on call PSG 20times better even when despite their league standings, this PSG team has barely dominated Ligue 1 this season in actual match proceedings. You seem to totally ignore the way both are playing. One is playing as a finisher for the chances created, another is playing as a playmaker who while agree has been shit in front of goal, but his main duty is to create chances, which he is doing at an excellent rate. But does that mean he is having a great season? No not at all. But does it somehow nake Cristiano greater? No it doesn't. It just makes either of Messi fans shitting on Cristiano, vice versa, sound like bitter housewives who have reached menopause.

I mean sorry but comparison of Messi and Cristiano this season sounds so stupid. The argument being who has been more shit rather than who has been better:lol:
PSG lack interest in anything bar the CL this season.

The fact the Ligue 1 title race was basically over by the middle of October shows how much better they are then everyone in ligue 1.

They live in a completely different reality ti thr likes of clermont foot and co.

GinobiliTheGOAT

The fact the Ligue 1 title race was basically over by the middle of October shows how much better they are then everyone in ligue 1.

They live in a completely different reality ti thr likes of clermont foot and co.
psg didn’t even win the league last year, Ronaldo himself got eliminated by a French team in cl not that long ago

I mean Norwich, really :lol:

you’re better than this I’m sure

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
I was expecting Messi to do better than Ronaldo this season to be totally honest, there's not discussion about their quality but PSG has been a stronger team than Manchester United that dominates a significant weaker league.

So to his standards and given the context of playing in a dominant team in a weaker league he has been quite unremarkable, no wonder their own fans we're whistling their players with exception of Neymar. Ronaldo has done better than I expected and managed to drag them out of group stages and have his moments in a dysfunctional team.

Anyway I think they can do better next season despite their age.

Lord SInister

where grasses are green and girls are pretty

For every Clermont there is a Norwich, it is just that we are so shit that we cannot even perform against Norwich.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
A La Liga legend that had his peak earliest in his career when playing with his back to arguably the best national team of all time in the Spanish Possesion Football team squad. A fantastic cherry on top of the best cake ever.

Then he just became a dominating force of La Liga whilst he would be part of a team that would constantly win 3-0 in the first leg of the CL but then lose 4-0 in the second leg.

Literally was dominating the La Liga a few months ago - as soon as he moves people see he can't adapt outside Barcelona and then make excuses rather he has come down with some ageing problems almost instantly from moving.

3 years younger than Ronaldo, playing in one of the easiest top leagues in the world and then acting like he is the same age and struggling with a 37 years of living.

Rashford level excuses.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
A La Liga legend that had his peak earliest in his career when playing with his back to arguably the best national team of all time in the Spanish Possesion Football team squad. A fantastic cherry on top of the best cake ever.

Then he just became a dominating force of La Liga whilst he would be part of a team that would constantly win 3-0 in the first leg of the CL but then lose 4-0 in the second leg.

Literally was dominating the La Liga a few months ago - as soon as he moves people see he can't adapt outside Barcelona and then make excuses rather he has come down with some ageing problems almost instantly from moving.

3 years younger than Ronaldo, playing in one of the easiest top leagues in the world and then acting like he is the same age and struggling with a 37 years of living.

Rashford level excuses.
I think he just doesn't give a shit, you can still catch glimpses of his quality, but those are far and in between.

SportingCP96

Supports
Probability for each will be with another club next season?

Might Messi want to return to Barca/Spain or to Argentina?
Might Ronaldo be off to MLS or elsewhere?
Messi will be the one most likely to go to MLS before Ronaldo to be fair.

SportingCP96

Supports
For every Clermont there is a Norwich, it is just that we are so shit that we cannot even perform against Norwich.
My point is one plays for by far the best team in the country by a large margin against teams that are much worse then EPL clubs while the other plays for a much worse team then PSG and in the top league in the world.

Ligue 1 is closer to Liga Nos then it is to the EPL in the standings. The only reasons France are even ahead of Portugal is because of PSG. So we are talking about the 5th/6th best league in the world, his decline has been insane at just 34.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Ronaldo’s numbers are far more superior then Messi’s this season because he is doing it in a MUCH harder league and in a MUCH worse team. Where as Messi numbers are coming in a MUCH weaker league but in a MUCH better team.

Let’s put it this way, if you have them swap teams Messi would probably have the same league out put as he does in France (3) but almost certainly a worse assist record and possibly would be run off the pitch.

It’s really not even close when it comes to their Age bracket, Ronaldo at Messi age was far better and Messi st 37/38 will probably playing in Argentina or retired.

True, If Ronaldo is playing for PSG this season, I expect he would have at least 35 goals by now already, or more.

Given the fact we are playing like a disjoint team this season, haven't been creating chances and only had 52 league goals this season, whereas PSG is far a dominant team in a far weak league with 70 league goals scored already.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Messi has 13 assists in the league this season..
I'd say Pogba's 9 assists in PL this season is equally impressive stats, if not better, than Messi 13 assists in Ligue 1 this season.

Its decent stat, but nothing to be proud of, when you are feeding the ball to the likes of Mbappe/Neymar in a farmer league.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

Although I agree with the general sentiment, Messi being run off the pitch in the PL is a needless exaggeration :lol:

genardk

Supports
Juventus
True, If Ronaldo is playing for PSG this season, I expect he would have at least 35 goals by now already, or more.

Given the fact we are playing like a disjoint team this season, haven't been creating chances and only had 52 league goals this season, whereas PSG is far a dominant team in a far weak league with 70 league goals scored already.
Yeah, sure, he would do better than Mbappe scoring 15 goals more)).. The way you are talking there should be tons of suitors for Ronaldo if he leaves United end season just like Mbappe, he is just that amazing in PL.. the reality is he should feel lucky if Ten Hag gives him a second chance judging by the reports, which I don't think will happen..

shahzy

Although I agree with the general sentiment, Messi being run off the pitch in the PL is a needless exaggeration :lol:
Maybe that wording is too harsh but he 100% wouldn't survive the intensity. He barely runs and would be a massive liability and passenger partly due to him losing his legs but also because he doesn't play CF so it's more evident when he doesn't run

SportingCP96

Supports
psg didn’t even win the league last year, Ronaldo himself got eliminated by a French team in cl not that long ago

I mean Norwich, really :lol:

you’re better than this I’m sure
Are you seriously, seriously comparing the EPL to Ligue 1?

Like I said, ligue is much closer to Liga NOS then epl and that says a lot.

genardk

Supports
Juventus

Yeah, much worse team United finished PL 2nd last year, and in the top 3 last 4 years with an inferior squad)) I wonder how that happened in uber-super Premier League, interesting.. And, that PSG lost the Ligue 1 title last year, very interesting..

Standard Ronaldo fan comparison acting as if Messi is a penalty box striker like Ronaldo..

Ronaldo won his last Ballon D'or when he was 32, his last Golden Shoe when he was 30. Messi not only won more Ballon D'ors, Golden Shoes but also at later ages. Not to mention his IFFHS World's best playmaker awards, assists stats, goal+assist stats. The one and only time Ronaldo was a goal+assist leader in the last 13 years was back in 2014..

Messi won 5 Pichichis in a row only between 2016-2021 in superior La Liga whereas Ronaldo won his last Pichichi in 2015 and could only become Serie A top goal scorer with Juve once in 3 years in a 1-team league. 1 time league top scorer in the last 7 years with nothing else to offer other than goals..

And, Messi is not even a striker, remind us when Ronaldo starts playing as a world-class playmaker & dribbler, then we can have a proper comparison..

SportingCP96

Supports
Yeah, much worse team United finished PL 2nd last year, and in the top 3 last 4 years with an inferior squad)) I wonder how that happened in uber-super Premier League, interesting.. And, that PSG lost the Ligue 1 title last year, very interesting..

Standard Ronaldo fan comparison acting as if Messi is a penalty box striker like Ronaldo..

Ronaldo won his last Ballon D'or when he was 32, his last Golden Shoe when he was 30. Messi not only won more Ballon D'ors, Golden Shoes but also at later ages. Not to mention his IFFHS World's best playmaker awards, assists stats, goal+assist stats. The one and only time Ronaldo was a goal+assist leader in the last 13 years was back in 2014..

Messi won 5 Pichichis in a row only between 2016-2021 in superior La Liga whereas Ronaldo won his last Pichichi in 2015 and could only become Serie A top goal scorer with Juve once in 3 years in a 1-team league. 1 time league top scorer in the last 7 years with nothing else to offer other than goals..

And, Messi is not even a striker, remind us when Ronaldo starts playing as a world-class playmaker & dribbler, then we can have a proper comparison..
You have nothing to say and regurgitate the same shit.

Messi is playing in a league of similar quality to the Portuguese league and your bragging about 13 assists against clermont foot and stade de Reims.

PSG have won 90% of ligue 1 titles for the last 10 years along with every other major trophy.

Messi would not last in England he struggled to get 3 goals in France.

Stop it, it’s not even close and you repeating the same shit every day won’t change that. Ronaldo at Messi age was MUCH more effective and at 37 he’s a bigger difference maker and would be a much better player at PSG.

SportingCP96

Supports
of course, you can ignore these meaningless things and hype up hat-tricks against PL giants Norwich :lol:
You just called him one of the best playmaker in the world because he has 3 assists vs Clermont foot.

Stop the cap.

genardk

Supports
Juventus
You have nothing to say and regurgitate the same shit.

Messi is playing in a league of similar quality to the Portuguese league and your bragging about 13 assists against clermont foot and stade de Reims.

PSG have won 90% of ligue 1 titles for the last 10 years along with every other major trophy.

Messi would not last in England he struggled to get 3 goals in France.

Stop it, it’s not even close and you repeating the same shit every day won’t change that. Ronaldo at Messi age was MUCH more effective and at 37 he’s a bigger difference maker and would be a much better player at PSG.
What are you talking about? You are the one repeating the same old "but but at 37" BS..
Messi won more Ballon D'ors, Golden Shoes, world's best playmaker awards, international NT MVP awards, league top goal scorer awards etc. being 3 years younger... Talks as if 37 is the only age that matters.. mental gymnastics as usual from Ronaldo fans from Portugal))

Last edited:

SportingCP96

Supports
ignorance at its finest.. Your guy does not even belong to the best playmaker conversation while Messi does in terms of goal scoring..

https://acefootball.com/football-news/the-10-best-playmakers-of-the-last-15-years-have-been-ranked/
Can you read??

I’m saying your saying that about Messi getting assists against fodder while saying Ronaldo is scoring hattrick s against Norwich.

Fun fact, United don’t win this game without Ronaldo.

PSG wins the game Messi got 3 assists without Messi. In fact they would probably win most if not all games without Messi just as they did before him.

Like I said Ligue 1 is closer to Liga nos then EPL and it’s not even close.

SportingCP96

Supports
What are you talking about? You are the one repeating the same old "but but at 37" BS..
Messi won more Ballon D'ors, Golden Shoes, world's best playmaker awards, international NT MVP awards, league top goal scorer awards etc. being 3 years younger... Talks as if 37 is the only age that matters.. mental gymnastics as usual from Ronaldo fans from Portugal))
Ronaldo has had more international success then Messi and has dominated undisputedly the biggest club competition in the world second to none.

We already know why Ronaldo is better before 37.

Now we are talking About how 37 year old Ronaldo is more effective and a better player then 34 year old Messi.

In fact I am not even sure we will be talking about what Messi stats are at 37 because their is a strong change he will be retired by then.

Your debate of “mental gymnastics” and “I’m Portuguese” prove once more that you can not debate me in this topic, you say the same thing all the dam time and while others acknowledge your arguments you just skip over their rebuttals and repeat the same thing.

So once again please explain to me how PSG who have dominated Ligue 1 for 95% of the last 10 years and had the title wrapped up by October in a league comparable to the Portuguese league is harder then playing on the EPL for a team who can barely beat Norwich city.

Messi first stint out of Barca has proven the debate many Ronaldo fans have said for years regarding Messi ability to perform outside of the Barca bubble.

Please tell me if Messi will be playing in England at 37.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Yeah, sure, he would do better than Mbappe scoring 15 goals more)).. The way you are talking there should be tons of suitors for Ronaldo if he leaves United end season just like Mbappe, he is just that amazing in PL.. the reality is he should feel lucky if Ten Hag gives him a second chance judging by the reports, which I don't think will happen..
Well apparently he is very old and is on very high wages, so its always much harder to find any suitor nowadays at 37, just common sense really. As pure goalscorer though, Ronaldo at 34-37 isn't really any less than Mbappe at 20-23, but then Mbappe is currently simply younger (by 14 years) and better player (bigger threats and better attacker in general), of course there is no comparison.

Look, Ronaldo was top scorer in Serie A last season, top scorer in Euro last summer (Mbappe scored 0 in same tournament), and by far top scorer in our currently disjointed team. If we disregard age and wage factor, of course he will have tons of suitors too.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Last CL win 2017-18
Vs
Last CL win 2014-15

Younger than Ronaldo but was only a La Liga dominant merchant since 2014-15

Mcmani

Let's say the truth about Messi. He failed in Barcelona since Xavi and Iniesta left the team, I mean without Xavi and Iniesta, is when Messi became the captain and Barcelona started getting demolished every year in the CL, while Messi no showing up when the team needed him the most. Messi with his 100+ million salary took Barcelona to bankrupt.

Argentina won 2 Wolrd Cups and 14 American Cups without Messi, now with Messi Argentina never won a World Cup, and only won 1 American Cup after 15 years of not winning any single trophy.

PSG reached the UCL Final without Messi, and played the France's Cup Final seven years in a row, now with Messi PSG got knocked out in the round of 16 in both the CL and France's Cup.

So Messi destroyed PSG and Argentina, he also destroyed Barcelona sin Xavi and Iniesta left and he took Barcelona to bankruptcy.

GinobiliTheGOAT

you realize Messi is one of the top assisters in all of Europe? PSG’s second highest scorer in CL?
Are you seriously, seriously comparing the EPL to Ligue 1?

Like I said, ligue is much closer to Liga NOS then epl and that says a lot.
This is some massive hyperbole @RedRonaldo and of all the Ronaldo fans you always have the best most level headed takes. Neymar only has 17 goals so far, and Ronaldo sure as hell wouldn't be outscoring Mbappe who is in far far better form than Ronaldo is. And if you watch the PSG matches, you'll see that they are very dysfunctional as well. And have been all season with better form lately.

You mention Pogba's 9 assists as being more impressive than Messi's 13, but 4 of Pogba's assists were literally on the opening day of the season. He's been far far worse than Messi since then. And once again, no one in Europe has had a hattrick of assists multiple times in the same season. Yeah, I agree, the competition Messi did it against for those hattricks aren't anything to write home about, but neither is Norwich and look at where we are.

@SportingCP96 you're bragging about Norwich. Nearly a quarter of Ronaldo's goals this season in the EPL have come against the worst team in the league. And no, Norwich would not be top 10 in Ligue 1. I have zero problem saying Ronaldo is having the better season than Messi, but Ronaldo has been wank far far more often than Messi has this year. Ronaldo (like Messi) has done a majority of his damage against the bottom third of the league.

The fact that even on this sub it's like a 60-40 split for people who still want Ronaldo to leave, on top of the new manager most likely kicking Ronaldo to the curb as well despite his goals. United's entire attack is based on feeding Ronaldo as often as possible.

This is a team that finished second in the league last season, yet all of a sudden everyone miracuously fell off a cliff once Ronaldo joined. Juve are finishing top 4 much more comfortably than last season with Ronaldo.

You say PSG win the league 90% of the time, yet Juventus won the league 8 straight times when Ronaldo came on board and then had their worst finish in a decade and then Ronaldo bailed. United are having their worst season in a few decades since Ronaldo joined. Juve wasn't miffed at Ronaldo leaving, and United may not even have him in the squad next season. PSG didn't even win their own league just last season for reference.

I honestly don't think all of this is to blame on Ronaldo, but I promise you if this was Messi taking new teams to their lowest lows in the league you would be singing a much different tune. Barca fell to 13th with Koeman after Messi left and it wasn't until Xavi joined and had to replace 4 players in the starting XI and even then they couldn't even make it to the Europa semi final losing to a mid-table German team at home.

You criticize other posters for repeating the same stats yet @Bebestation literally has been posting the exact same post year after year after year after year. But since it suits the Ronaldo agenda no one says anything.

I think what Ronaldo has done at 37 is solid. But to brag about Norwich is absolutely bizarre. People massively overrate the EPL on this sub and that is understandable. The bottom 10 in the PL isn't that much better from the other leagues although yes, the PL is the best league in the world.

Messi's role with PSG is to be a playmaker first and foremost, the team is built around Mbappe and not him. Has he been lacklustre at times for PSG? Absolutely, but when you see how far ahead he is (even well ahead of Neymar and Mbappe) you can see he is filling that role relatively well after a brutal start to the season:

https://i.redd.it/olquqzxt1xs81.jpg

It wouldn't surprise me if United improve next season once Ronaldo is most likely gone this summer. That isn't a slight to Ronaldo, he's 37, but I could understand if he scored against City or Liverpool (which in fairness, Messi actually did this season vs City) but lads...It's Norwich.

Carry on my friend, and I'm also glad to see Portugal made it to the WC as it would've been absolute BS if they hadn't due to that goal that should have counted.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Let's say the truth about Messi. He failed in Barcelona since Xavi and Iniesta left the team, I mean without Xavi and Iniesta, is when Messi became the captain and Barcelona started getting demolished every year in the CL, while Messi no showing up when the team needed him the most. Messi with his 100+ million salary took Barcelona to bankrupt.

Argentina won 2 Wolrd Cups and 14 American Cups without Messi, now with Messi Argentina never won a World Cup, and only won 1 American Cup after 15 years of not winning any single trophy.

PSG reached the UCL Final without Messi, and played the France's Cup Final seven years in a row, now with Messi PSG got knocked out in the round of 16 in both the CL and France's Cup.

So Messi destroyed PSG and Argentina, he also destroyed Barcelona sin Xavi and Iniesta left and he took Barcelona to bankruptcy.
Seriously, is your life that empty that you need to keep creating new accounts to slag off Messi on here?
Bye again.

Status
Not open for further replies.