Mesut Özil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
So how many public dealings have we done? Perhaps there is a coincidence the more public our transfers are the more we are forced to pay over the odds?
There's no difference, we pay over the odds for public and non-public transfers and we've had good deals for both as well.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
The sooner this lad signs for someone else the sooner these threads can die.

Shimo

4 big-ish clubs in for Bebe at the seemingly 7.4m buyout price but, Allofs saying no offers yet makes you wonder how much the 12m is true.

Have to wonder how much they are asking for that none of the clubs have made an offer yet - he's obviously a quality player.

Lailiani

(Sadly not) Banned
Allofs has confired there is no update concerning any offers and that he doesn't care for transfers when it comes to the Champions League - Özil will play on Wednesday.

BILD is linking him to Real Madrid and claimes that he will replace injured Kaka and that he'll get a contract until 2015. Whilst BILD is pretty much the best source concerning German transfers, they are relying on Spanish reports this time, so I'd take it with a pinch of salt. I still think that it's more likely that Özil stays than that he moves.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Allofs has confired there is no update concerning any offers and that he doesn't care for transfers when it comes to the Champions League - Özil will play on Wednesday.
Considering how despereate they have been to sell, I'd say he is trying to get things moving here because he'll have move value before wednesday, a dilema on wednesday, and little room for manovre after wednesday.

kiristao

Considering how despereate they have been to sell, I'd say he is trying to get things moving here because he'll have move value before wednesday, a dilema on wednesday, and little room for manovre after wednesday.
Thats true. He plays in the champions league and his value drops. He doesnt play and other clubs know the club is desperate to sell and the value drops again plus if he doesnt play and the dont make it to the group stages, they lose out again.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
Ozils Twitter 10 hours ago:

(ich mich über den direkten Kontakt mit euch gefreut und bin sehr dankbar für eure Glückwünsche. #SVWerder #bundesliga #football #Oezil #Ozil) Thank you very much for all your support!

I don't know what to make of that? I think he is tanking all his fans for the support and is ready for the CL tie next Wednesday..

I am afraid this Saga will very much carry on till January 1 2011 atleast!

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
Oh yes I forget.. He won't be cup tied if he plays in the CL so if Bremen go out against Samp then something may come of this but I doubt that something will..

evra

Bitten by an adder as a baby, the adder died.
If I was Ozil I'd run my contract down at Werder where he's bound to play every week, then get a a serious signing on fee at wherever he feels like going next year (if he's got any sense then that's a post Scholes/Giggs/Hargreaves utd).

Commadus

So progress on the Ozil transfer was slow and United found that offers were put in for Bebe - United hand was forced.

I think the signing of Bebe pretty much means we will not be in for Ozil.

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
If I was Ozil I'd run my contract down at Werder where he's bound to play every week, then get a a serious signing on fee at wherever he feels like going next year (if he's got any sense then that's a post Scholes/Giggs/Hargreaves utd).
If he goes on a free United have no chance. It's now or never if United want him. United can't match the wages that Barca/Real will offer him as a bosman. And I haven't even mentioned City and Chelsea. Even if it makes more sense joining United that offer 80 grand a week few players would turn down the double amount from above mentioned clubs.

evra

If he goes on a free United have no chance. It's now or never if United want him. United can't match the wages that Barca/Real will offer him as a bosman. And I haven't even mentioned City and Chelsea. Even if it makes more sense joining United that offer 80 grand a week few players would turn down the double amount from above mentioned clubs.
Fair point, just wishful thinking on my part really.

Red Defence

“United stands for attacking, attractive football
I'm sure Bremen have realised that he can go on a free next year. They obviously won't let that happen because they'll lose millions unnecessarily.

If they felt that he would walk away next year then surely they would have sold him at the first opportunity, especially as so many clubs were interested in purchasing him this year. They're not daft.

Probability is that he'll either extend his contract at Bremen and stay or that a sale has already been secretly agreed with another club and he'll move next season.

evra

I'm sure Bremen have realised that he can go on a free next year. They obviously won't let that happen because they'll lose millions unnecessarily.

If they felt that he would walk away next year then surely they would have sold him at the first opportunity, especially as so many clubs were interested in purchasing him this year. They're not daft.

Probability is that he'll either extend his contract at Bremen and stay or that a sale has already been secretly agreed with another club and he'll move next season.
But a good run in the champions league would more than make up for missing out on 8million quid now.

Lailiani

(Sadly not) Banned
But a good run in the champions league would more than make up for missing out on 8million quid now.
That's the vibe I get from Bremen. They are desperate to sell but not at each price. They want a decent offer (15 million euros probably) and they want it to happen before Wednesday. If there's no offer, Özil will play on Wednesday. The Champions League is far too important for a club like Werder to mess around with it.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
That's the vibe I get from Bremen. They are desperate to sell but not at each price. They want a decent offer (15 million euros probably) and they want it to happen before Wednesday. If there's no offer, Özil will play on Wednesday. The Champions League is far too important for a club like Werder to mess around with it.
They can have him play and still sell him on if they get knocked out.. He will not be Cup-Tied if he leaves after having played for them..

Edit: Forgot to mention if they get knocked out..

Red Defence

“United stands for attacking, attractive football
Sure, but keeping Ozil is no guarantee whatsoever that they'll get a good run in the CL. One good player does not make a good team.

What's more if so many clubs are interested in buying him because of his quality then it'll be far more than £8 million that Bremen will lose.

The figures being quoted of between 7-9 million don't really make much sense in today's market do they, so it's probably best to ignore them.

Status
Not open for further replies.