Mesut Özil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shimo

So the rumour (12 mio. offer from Madrid) was indeed right.
What rumour was that? and how has it been proven right? Did Valdano say they offered 12m?

Edit: All I can find on Valdano is during Carvalho unveiling he said they aren't done spending but, couldn't confirm anything on Ozil - all he said was

"There could be new signings and the club are open to all different possibilities but I can't name more possibilities in regards to who."

Lailiani

(Sadly not) Banned
What rumour was that? and how has it been proven right? Did Valdano say they offered 12m?
One of the newspaper correspondents posted it - I don't know whether it was Honigstein or someone else. Of course it's not been "proven" - but he was adamant that Real had offered 12 mio. and today Valdano comes out and confirms they had made an offer, so it's sort of a conformation of the rumour.

Shimo

Jojojo has a pretty good command of Spanish as far as I know, so you might not find it in the English news but in the Spanish ones.
Ok - google failed me ... I just searched for Valdano Ozil - figured it would catch any articles in Spanish as well.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Valdano had this to say (translated with Google):
" Yes , we made an offer to Werder Bremen. A reasonable offer. But it has been rejected ", revealed Valdano to the microphones of the German TV channel ZDFDuring the broadcast of the friendly between the Bayern Munich and Real Madrid at the Allianz Arena.

For its part, Bremen sporting director , Klaus Allofs Admitted that what he said Valdano was true , adding : "The offer they have made is not acceptable. "

Lailiani

(Sadly not) Banned
On Twitter somebody is finding it "incredibly difficult for me to stay loyal to Man Utd right now" because we've signed Bebe and not Ozil :rolleyes::lol:
Name of the twitter account? PM please. :D

Daniel Taylor from the Times confirms it, too:
Bundesliga expert @dan_bu reporting #realmadrid bid for Ozil today and Mourinho confirming interest on German TV #mufc #chelsea

Maajid

Formerly Mad
Someone's telling me that offers for both Ozil and Khedira were made during the World Cup. Unconfirmed of course.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Well he's going to Real then. There is no competing with them if they are interested in signing Ozil.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
If he is holding out for a move to Real then let him. feck the Pratt! Let his career go down the shit pan just like Benzema before him!

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Well he's going to Real then. There is no competing with them if they are interested in signing Ozil.
You know not every player wants to go to that shower of shite. Especially when the only reason he's being considered is because of Kaka's injury.

It seems like Madrid are interested but not to the point where they are going to invest an enormous amount in the boy. Like Bebe, he's worth a look, but if its not a good price then they won't bother.

Zen

Madrid are a ridiculously stacked team.

Momo, Lass, Xabi, Gaga, Khedira for 2 positions in the middle, 2 of Diarra's/Gago will get sold I assume.

Then Di Maria, Kaka, VdVaart, Granero, Pedro AND Ozil for another 2 positions as Higuain/Benzema and Ronaldo will always be set.

People said he's making a bad decision going to Barca, but they aren't as stacked as Real. Either Ozil won't take the move, or Kaka is going to be mega pissed since even if VdVaart gets sold, it makes him the vulnerable one from this move.

Commadus

I bet alot has to do with the shit advice they get - their advisors would rather their player goto Real or Barca and fail there and leave after 2 years as it means another transfer negotiation and fees for the agent.

Logan!

But what is the lure of that den of clowns?
I don't have the exact figures, but the tax rates in Spain compared to England mean that the same salary is worth much more in Spain than in England. Coupled with the sunny weather and there's at least two reasons why they're an attractive team to play for, not to mention the opportunity of playing with players of the caliber of Kaka and Ronaldo.

Lailiani

(Sadly not) Banned
I bet alot has to do with the shit advice they get - their advisors would rather their player goto Real or Barca and fail there and leave after 2 years as it means another transfer negotiation and fees for the agent.
He's a Barca fan and has always followed la Liga, so it's certainly not only up to his agents. But you are right, in a certain way they are messing around with him, which is probably the main factor in why he's running his contract down.

beardsleybob

I fear for the man if he doesn't get a transfer sorted in the next 2 weeks. He's obviously at the end of his leash with Bremen. So it's best to get out now rather than risk having a serious slump next season while running down his contract.

Lailiani

(Sadly not) Banned
I fear for the man if he doesn't get a transfer sorted in the next 2 weeks. He's obviously at the end of his leash with Bremen. So it's best to get out now rather than risk having a serious slump next season while running down his contract.
Obviously, the Werder fans are a bit bemused because if you nurture a player and support him, you'll expect him not to run down his contract - particularly because Bremen really need the money.

But they had enough time to get used to the thought that he might run his contract down, in fact he's always said that he'll probably see out his contract so for most fans his stance is nothing new. He's greedy or let me put it this way he might have greedy agents, but he's a model professional, focused and when the season starts, his heart will very much be in it.

And let's put it into perspective: Yes, it's a bit douchey to run a contract down and I'd be very disappointed if a United player did the same. But at the end of the day, it's not illegal and it's up to him. He's hardly talked about other clubs and just keeps on repeating that he wants to honour his contract and that he's focused - so if you look at it this way, he hasn't done anything wrong. They are used to much bigger pricks (e.g. Klose), so I expect them to support him despite being bemused that he hasn't extended his contract.

Drifter

American
Werder Bremen have rejected a formal offer from Real Madrid for German World Cup star Mesut Ozil .

Real Madrid director Jorge Valdano confirmed the bid last night and said it had been dismissed by the Bundesliga outfit.

Werder are said to want 16 million euros for the player, who is out of contract in June 2011.

However, AS said negotiations for the 21-year-old midfield maestro were far from being over, and that Real would make every effort to advance the deal so that Ozil is not cup tied for the Champions League by playing in this coming week’s playoff against Sampdoria.

Valdano is in constant contact with Werder Bremen president Klaus Allofs, said the paper.

Özil has also been linked with Manchester United and Chelsea, but Real Madrid appear to be winning the race for his signature.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
If we are competeing with Madrid for Ozil,we have no chance.
Not necessarily, in fact if he had half a clue it'd be the other way around.

At United he could have a team built around him, at Madrid he's going to be competing with Ronaldo, Kaka and co for a starting position. He's what United need. Though having said all this I'd really fecking hate to see United sign him for that reason... But part of me would much rather that than him sign for Madrid.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Now Madrid have shown their hand I fully expect him to go there

/thread

Status
Not open for further replies.