Mesut Özil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
Now Madrid have shown their hand I fully expect him to go there

/thread
Yes they will just up their offers until Bremen is happy and Özil will go there to compete for a place in a Mourinho coached team with Canales,Van der Vaart and Kaka. Good luck to him.

Bread

Not my with red tinted glasses on but if he chooses real over united or arsenall (if both are intrested) then he needs better advisers and to learn to put up with rain.

RedThaiDevils#7

Married with Manchester United, In love with Giggs
I watched RM last night, Leon and Canales were poor, Canales was lost and completely lost to the Bayern MF in my opinion.

Leon does not look like he's comfortable on the right wing and didn't have any penetration what so ever.

They still could use Ozil, maybe play him left/center or anywhere that needs a good passer as they are relying too much on Xabi to perform...

Then again, there's Lass, Diarra, Gago, Garay, Van der vaart who are still waiting so unless RM do not let a player go first, I doubt they'd go for Ozil.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
:lol:

Can you hear that?

That's the sound of 1000s of muppet hearts simultaneously breaking.

Come on Madrid, sign the lad, and put our lot out of the misery!

This transfer saga is actually quite inhumane.

Maajid

Formerly Mad
"He's a great player and I'd be happy if he came to us but his coach (Thomas Schaaf) said no," Mourinho told reporters after watching his side beat Bayern Munich in a testimonial for former Germany captain Franz Beckenbauer.

The 21-year-old playmaker, part of an exciting World Cup team who finished third in this year's finals in South Africa, has been the target of several major European clubs.

"Now we have to see how it goes on from here. It would be great if he came to us," added Mourinho, hinting Real had not yet given up on the youngster, whose contract runs to 2011.
Daily Telegraph

Ferguson

It sounds like Real Madrid's fee will be enough to snare Ozil, just not enough to get him before they play for the Champions League money.

If Bremen fail in the Champions League, then I expect Ozil's manager to change his tune and allow him to leave for Madrid.

The reasoning behind Ozil coming to United was based in the Spanish clubs not needing him or being interested in other players this summer. I thought Madrid would be buying defenders/defensive midfielders under Mourinho as they already have a surfeit of attacking players. I thought Barca had spent their budget on David Villa and were looking to buy Fabregas before anyone else. I thought that Ozil wanted to go to a club where he had a good chance of starting regularly, not where he will be behind the likes of Kaka or Iniesta.

It looks like I thought wrong.

IhabX7

:lol:

Can you hear that?

That's the sound of 1000s of muppet hearts simultaneously breaking.

Come on Madrid, sign the lad, and put our lot out of the misery!

This transfer saga is actually quite inhumane.
:yawn:

Crustanoid

We're about 5th in the likely list of teams he might play for this season, behind Bremen, Real, Barca and Chelsea. I have no clue why these muppets keep harbouring any hope at all. There's no way we'll sign him

wr8_utd

:'(
Any chances of Ozil to United ended really the day the older Ozil thread got deleted.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Any chances of Ozil to United ended really the day the older Ozil thread got deleted.
Well as we more than likely weren't going to get him anyway I guess thats a good a reason as any.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Oh yeah AS are reporting that Valdano will be meeting with Alof some time today.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Wonder if he will do a Figo to them in a couple of years... but nah, Barca will buy Fabregas and Iniesta will still be going strong for 4-5 years. They don't need him.

Commadus

Ozil to Real and then Kaka to City next season.

The stupid idiots at Shitty would still pay over the odds.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Looks to be Real bound in the next few days (google translation):

Berlin ( dpa ) - The German international Mesut Özil have expressed their disappointment by problems that arose in the talks so you can join the Real Madrid and complained to the board of Werder Bremen at not being consulted about their future.

" One would like to accept a proposal of this kind. It is the dream of any player to be in one of the biggest clubs in Europe, "said Özil , one of the most sought after players in the German team after the match that his team , Werder Bremen won 4-0 Ahlen , for the first round of the German Cup .

The midfielder struck 21 years directly to the leadership of his club and especially the manager Klaus Allofs for its refusal to accept the specific offer to him by the Real Madrid because he did not personally consulted about their future.

"I'm very sad about that. I told Mr. Allofs "added the player of Turkish origin.

However, Özil not yet lost hope that everything can be resolved.

"I hope to continue having discussions , but for now, all I can say is that I have a year left on his contract with Bremen and I will comply, " he said in an interview with Sky television .

Allofs told dpa that rejected the bid submitted by the general director of Real Madrid, Jorge Valdano , considering that "there is a basis of negotiations or even to sit down and talk. "

MUFAN79

Werder Bremen have turned down an offer from Real Madrid for playmaker Mesut Ozil.
The future of the Germany international has been the subject of intense speculation ever since he refused to sign a contract extension with his current club.

Bremen revealed this week that no offers had been made for the 21-year-old, one of the stars of this summer's World Cup, but that situation changed when Madrid announced they had made an official approach.

The German club's director of sport, Klaus Allofs, turned down the offer out of hand.

"We have received an unacceptable offer that does not even provide any basis for negotiations," he said.

Madrid boss Jose Mourinho will now ask his sporting director Jorge Valdano to return to Bremen with an increased bid.

"He is a very good player and I would be delighted were he to come to us," said the Portuguese coach after his side's penalty shoot-out win over Bayern Munich in a pre-season friendly.

"Bremen have said no so we will have to see how things develop.

"If he comes, it would certainly be excellent. Ozil would definitely help us."
Source

Cina

That's that then.

He'll fail miserably at Madrid though. Silly boy.

Vidicious

Flop
He'll be a lost little boy in Madrid, do these young players not see moving to a club like Madrid at such a young age is career suicide in most cases. Only need to look at the likes of Benzema and Drenthe

izzydiggler

Think he would have been a great signing for us....real shame but I'm not sure we can compete with the 'machine' of Madrid. I'm sure he'll do well there under Jose.

Status
Not open for further replies.