Mesut Özil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch Conor

Holy CRAP BALLS!!
Unfortunately, yes.
FM is generally a good source for football regulations.

What ever you think about their player ratings, football regs aren't bad.

Though they have got the PL rules wrong. In the game the player has to be under 21 on August 31st of the seasons. In real life they have to be Under 21 on Jan 1st of the year the season starts in.

Sojiro

Formerly MST3K
"Sometimes you're not sure about a player,&qu
looks much more likely that he'll run his contract down. I have to agree with lalliani in regards to running down your contract and leaving for free, effectively shafting the team that has nutured you, raised you and given you the stage and resources to earn stardom.

Be silly if he moves to madrid, with Kaka, Canales, R0naldo all able to be central and their reported interested in Henrique Ganso.

gaffs

looks much more likely that he'll run his contract down. I have to agree with lalliani in regards to running down your contract and leaving for free, effectively shafting the team that has nutured you, raised you and given you the stage and resources to earn stardom.

Be silly if he moves to madrid, with Kaka, Canales, R0naldo all able to be central and their reported interested in Henrique Ganso.
Its also silly becasue he may suffer a real lack of form or a serious injury.

He is f*cked if he breaks his leg.

Commadus

For Bremen if Ozil can help them get into the group stages then the income from that is worth more than the transfer fee.

It makes no sense for Bremen to sell Ozil after Wednesday - they might as well keep him for the year and let him help them as much as he can.

Untied

If Werder lose their qualifier they might as well cash in. Plus Özil would have even more reason to leave, as leaving would get him more CL football.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
If Werder lose their qualifier they might as well cash in. Plus Özil would have even more reason to leave, as leaving would get him more CL football.
Not if he played and they lost. He'd be Cup tied and out of Champions League football for another year.

If they play without him and lose then perhaps, but if they play without him and win, ironically that would probably see him leave.

Shimo

Not if he played and they lost. He'd be Cup tied and out of Champions League football for another year.

If they play without him and lose then perhaps, but if they play without him and win, ironically that would probably see him leave.
https://www.redcafe.net/f7/uefa-cup-tied-rules-change-305446/

If they lose the qualifier, even if he plays in either leg - he'll still be eligible to play for another team in the CL.

Edit:

Something that is bugging me is that this guy is supposed to be one of the brightest talents out there. At 21 been very good in the Bundnesliga and had a good world cup against some top teams.

Unless a team is sure they'll get him on the free next season (and really there should be maybe 1 or 2) - why haven't any of the other teams put in for him? Do clubs know something most of us don't that they've not even put in an offer for him - that is the only thing that makes sense to me.

If you are City, Spurs, Arsenal, Us, Bayern, Inter or any of these other clubs why not at least put in an offer? I didn't list Barca or Madrid because I think these are two clubs that would be pretty confident to get him next year if he is on a free.

Also - am not completely sure on the Bosman ruling except that a player is allowed to leave at the end of his contract on the free. Is there a provision in the rule that says the months leading up to the player ending his contract that he can talk to other clubs? I can't find anything on that. Just wondering why people say he is free to do a pre-contract in January.

Lailiani

(Sadly not) Banned
I'm not certain they can beat Sampdoria myself, in which case their hand might be forced?
How so? If they don't make it to the CL, they'll still need to secure themselves a Bundesliga spot to play in next year's CL. They are desperate to sell, but obviously they won't accept very low offers. Özil is far too important for them to offload him for almost next to nothin.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
How so? If they don't make it to the CL, they'll still need to secure themselves a Bundesliga spot to play in next year's CL. They are desperate to sell, but obviously they won't accept very low offers. Özil is far too important for them to offload him for almost next to nothin.
I presume he's talking about the income they lose out on from not competing in this season's CL.

That would make losing out on a potential transfer fee for Ozil even harder to take.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee

If they lose the qualifier, even if he plays in either leg - he'll still be eligible to play for another team in the CL.

Edit:

Something that is bugging me is that this guy is supposed to be one of the brightest talents out there. At 21 been very good in the Bundnesliga and had a good world cup against some top teams.

Unless a team is sure they'll get him on the free next season (and really there should be maybe 1 or 2) - why haven't any of the other teams put in for him? Do clubs know something most of us don't that they've not even put in an offer for him - that is the only thing that makes sense to me.

If you are City, Spurs, Arsenal, Us, Bayern, Inter or any of these other clubs why not at least put in an offer? I didn't list Barca or Madrid because I think these are two clubs that would be pretty confident to get him next year if he is on a free.

Also - am not completely sure on the Bosman ruling except that a player is allowed to leave at the end of his contract on the free. Is there a provision in the rule that says the months leading up to the player ending his contract that he can talk to other clubs? I can't find anything on that. Just wondering why people say he is free to do a pre-contract in January.
Players can talk to other clubs if there's less than 6 months left to run on their contract.

I think a few clubs seemed quite content to wait for him to be a free transfer. Now they're all just circling nervously to see if somebody actually moves. Barca not getting Fabregas and Madrid losing Kaka for months may force the issue.

AgainstAllOdds

Edit:

Next season or this season? Can someone clarify with a source?

AgainstAllOdds

Yes, but the source doesn't mention the year when it will be implemented.

That's why I asked does anyone have a different source which says which year it will be implemented? Is it this coming season or next season?

Count Duckula

Players can talk to other clubs if there's less than 6 months left to run on their contract.

I think a few clubs seemed quite content to wait for him to be a free transfer. Now they're all just circling nervously to see if somebody actually moves. Barca not getting Fabregas and Madrid losing Kaka for months may force the issue.
Only foreign clubs can talk six months before, I think, domestic ones are about one month. Though I'm sure you're aware of that, and it doesn't really matter in this case given that all the interested clubs are foreign ones anyway!

Shimo

Yes, but the source doesn't mention the year when it will be implemented.

That's why I asked does anyone have a different source which says which year it will be implemented? Is it this coming season or next season?
Oh sorry - the announcement was made March 24th 2010 and in it states:

"From next season, if a player's club is eliminated and he signs for a new club by the end of the summer transfer window on September 1 he can play for his new club in either competition."

So that would make it for this coming campaign.

davisjw

Edit:

It might be that although he was good last year in league play, he didn't exactly light up the world. He has a very good WC, yes, but teams won't buy him to be a tournament player. I think a few may be waiting out to see how he progresses during league play.

And he won't leave on a free, there'll be a bidding war for him.

Lailiani

(Sadly not) Banned
It might be that although he was good last year in league play, he didn't exactly light up the world.
He's 21 and did a very good job, making everyone forget Diego. Of course his season wasn't evenly on a high level, he played in the first half of the campaign much better than in the second half. But bottom line is he played still great in the league, in Europe and in the WC and it wasn't his first good season.

To put it in perspective: Anderson is 22 and hasn't played yet anywhere near as consistent and great as Özil. Not wanting to slag Anderson off, just trying to put Özil's achievements in a grander scheme.

Status
Not open for further replies.