Mesut Özil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaap

Özil is on contract until 2011. He hasn't signed a new contract yet although they offered him one. Now Bremen's chairman Klaus Allofs came out and said Özil had to sign a new contract or they would sell him. They want a decision, but I guess Özil wants to leave.

Fergie really needs to buy him. He is one hell of a player and his value will raise after the World Cup, no matter how good he'll perform.
Allofs stated that Özil has been set a deadline until the end of March to decide whether he'll extend or he will be sold.

oleonenumber20

He would fit perfectly on the left, and Hamsik in the middle and we are looking very dangerous again... Even if we don't buy a lead striker.
But Hamsik has been known to play out wide aswell hasn't he? Even if it is similar to the "out wide" role that Gerrard plays with England, that would be good for us, as it will allow Rooney to roam and still link up in wide areas.

But do these players have pace, we desperatly need players with pace again.

Mainoldo

But Hamsik has been known to play out wide aswell hasn't he? Even if it is similar to the "out wide" role that Gerrard plays with England, that would be good for us, as it will allow Rooney to roam and still link up in wide areas.

But do these players have pace, we desperatly need players with pace again.
Ozil has enough pace and is very direct... Want an example just to paint a picture 'Figo'. Not saying he is the next Luis Figo just giving you an idea of his type of style.. He can also play as a second striker. I can't confirm any of the rumours of Hamsik being good wide left never seen him their.. It might just be that his favourite player is Nedved but so what Helb's idiol is Ryan Giggs.

oleonenumber20

they both sound the business. Have we been linked with Ozil, how much would he go for? I know Hamsik is being tracked by most of the big teams, if we could land him then it would show that we are still a major player in the transfer market.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
would love to see him play for us...him on the left flank with Evra providing width...would be brilliant! he's not a winger he would be more of an attacking mid on the left i you know what i mean...would add creativity to our team.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Ozil has enough pace and is very direct... Want an example just to paint a picture 'Figo'. Not saying he is the next Luis Figo just giving you an idea of his type of style.. He can also play as a second striker. I can't confirm any of the rumours of Hamsik being good wide left never seen him their.. It might just be that his favourite player is Nedved but so what Helb's idiol is Ryan Giggs.
I'd take Ozil left and Hamsik down the middle any day fo the week. That would be Giggs and Scholes replaced finally. :drool:

if only.................

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
would love to see him play for us...him on the left flank with Evra providing width...would be brilliant! he's not a winger he would be more of an attacking mid on the left i you know what i mean...would add creativity to our team.
True. He'd switch roles with Rooney during the games:drool: He reminds me so much of Mehmet Scholl...

Anduin

they both sound the business. Have we been linked with Ozil, how much would he go for? I know Hamsik is being tracked by most of the big teams, if we could land him then it would show that we are still a major player in the transfer market.
In the summer he only has one year of his contract left, but Bremen won't let him go on the cheap after the World Cup. 20 Million Euros I'd guess, depending on his World Cup performances.
Imagine we could sign Hamsik and Ozil, would be the perfect way to set up for 4-2-3-1 in the future. Carrick and Fletcher just behind Hamsik who supports Ozil, Rooney and Valencia upfront. Never going to happen with our finances though :(

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
This lad was quality tonight, definitely destined for bigger things.

Ekeke

Thought Marin was better over the two legs, but Ozil was still very good and is a player who will go far.

Jaap

Özil's form has gone downhill since the end of January, but - by the looks of things - he's slowly starting to turn this around.

If you liked him last night, you'll love him when he's on form.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Özil's form has gone downhill since the end of January, but - by the looks of things - he's slowly starting to turn this around.

If you liked him last night, you'll love him when he's on form.
he's inconsistent, but that's normal due to his age. under the right manager he could become a brilliant player!

Ekeke

See this is the weird thing about Scholesy. Not only does he have barmy theories about what makes a good player, but he's inconsistant with sticking with his theories. Ozil is a perfect example. His touch and technique are very good - normally what Scholesy creams himself over. But in the 6 seconds Scholesy has seen him playing for, I guess he didnt do anything fancy enough for him to take notice.

Ozil is a better player and will go on to be a much better player. He has more to his game, has had a better season, makes better choices. And so on.

Scholesy

See this is the weird thing about Scholesy. Not only does he have barmy theories about what makes a good player, but he's inconsistant with sticking with his theories. Ozil is a perfect example. His touch and technique are very good - normally what Scholesy creams himself over. But in the 6 seconds Scholesy has seen him playing for, I guess he didnt do anything fancy enough for him to take notice.

Ozil is a better player and will go on to be a much better player. He has more to his game, has had a better season, makes better choices. And so on.
They are not as good as Marko Marin.

Ozil looks a good player, but I wouldn't be excited if we signed him.

Ekeke

They are not as good as Marko Marin.

Ozil looks a good player, but I wouldn't be excited if we signed him.
They are just as good, and his ability to use them to harm the opposition is much better.

Marin is a good little player, Ozil can be one of this decade's greatest players. He reminds me of David Silva at that age, only he's much better and a lot more penetrative.

Jaap

Mesut Özil has finally signed a contract extension at Werder Bremen, according to German media.

Played a blinder today against Freiburg, scoring a lovely solo-goal and generally looking a lot more lively and dangerous.

EDIT: Was interviewed just now and said that nothing has been solved, but an agreement looks likely as talks are still ongoing.

MacMUFC

Saw him a couple of years ago at the Euro under 21 tournament. He was the best player in the whole competition, along with Marcus Berg, but I havent seen him play since.

GIT Z RED

Mesut Oezil Heading For Werder Bremen Exit
The gifted playmaker appears to be on his way out of Werder Bremen...
By Stefan Coerts
May 17, 2010 12:10:00 PM

Highly rated playmaker Mesut Oezil appears to be on his way out of Bundesliga outfit Werder Bremen as the young midfielder has expressed his desire to move abroad, according to a report by Welt.

The 21-year-old midfielder started his professional career at Schalke, but left the Konigsblauen for Bremen in January 2008 after a contract dispute with the Schalke board.

Oezil struggled to find his best form in his first months at Werder, but the left-footed midfielder has developed into one of the best midfielders in the Bundesliga since.

The German international's current Werder Bremen deal is due to expire in the summer of 2011 and negotiations about a contract extension haven't been successful so far.

Therefore, Werder could decide to cash in on the attacking midfielder this summer to prevent him from leaving the club on a free transfer in 2011.

Devil may care

He's pretty much ideal for us given his ability to play wide left in a 4-4-2 and as an AM in a 4-3-3.

Ekeke

You see that most of his best plays is when he isnt dribbling as much as making passes and setting other up - shows good decision making.

He has 1 year to go on his contract but if City are bidding I don't know if we can realistically compete with them.

How much would be a realistic bid? £12m?
Not just City, you know how Bayern like to keep most of the talent in german football so I'm sure they'll be keeping an eye on things. Especially if Ribery leaves this summer.

It would be brilliant if we got him but I wouldnt expect it.

Longsden_7

I am gutted. I am a big Bremen fan as well as United. Seems the club is a stepping stone at the minute. Looks like Marin and Ozil are well on their way this summer, added to the loss of Diego from last. Possible Champions League football without their two shining prospects does not bode well.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Big fan of this kid and I think he'd be a good option.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
She looks very familiar.. from a thread I once penned

Status
Not open for further replies.