Mesut Özil

Status
Not open for further replies.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
We need to sign this kid, hes got exactly the kind of attacking flair and creativity that we are missing.
We. Cannot. Afford. Him.

We needed him to have a shit WC. Instead the ungrateful prick goes and plays like the best player we have seen so far.

Ole90+3

:lol: Knew this was going to get bumpity bump. In all fairness though he has looked good so far but I'll hold my judgment until he comes up against a quality defense

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
We. Cannot. Afford. Him.

We needed him to have a shit WC. Instead the ungrateful prick goes and plays like the best player we have seen so far.
Actually he only has 1 year left on his contract, so we might be able to get him at a reasonably cheap price.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Actually he only has 1 year left on his contract, so we might be able to get him at a reasonably cheap price.
The bigger problem is that Real will want him now. And City and Chelsea will offer him wages we could never match.

Lailiani

(Sadly not) Banned
The bigger problem is that Real will want him now. And City and Chelsea will offer him wages we could never match.
Plus, I wouldn't put it behind him to extend his contract at the beginning of the new season and to leave in 2011.

By now, we should have already signed him. He's talented, he's proven, he's by far the best German talent and he has exactly what it needs to fit in our current team.

mufcwarm92

Never seen him play before but I'm very impressed. Looks to have confidence, pace and a shitload of ability. Looking forward to seeing his other performances in the WC

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
An assist for Ozil now, quality quality player. The muppet in me wants us to sign him, the type of player we need.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Ozil's been a great talent for a while now, pretty much ever since he moved to Bremen.

Can't think of many players like him, in that he travels with the ball at speed so often yet has such a great eye for a pass. Very talented.
This.

Ekeke

I said it then, I say it again: He would be a bloody brilliant transfer for us.
Agreed.

Said it before, I'll say it again. Scholesy is ridiculous. He gets a woody for players with great natural talent, a good first touch, creative flair and technique and yet he doesnt see what the deal is with Ozil.

Mainoldo

Why we never tried to sign him before the world cup i don't know... Value will rocket now even with 1 year left on his contract and Fergie will bring up the same old scrap.

Scholesy

Agreed.

Said it before, I'll say it again. Scholesy is ridiculous. He gets a woody for players with great natural talent, a good first touch, creative flair and technique and yet he doesnt see what the deal is with Ozil.
I am not ridiculous. I understand the Ozil praise and he is a good player. I feel we could do better though.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Why we never tried to sign him before the world cup i don't know... Value will rocket now even with 1 year left on his contract and Fergie will bring up the same old scrap.
We have tried to sign him before while he was at Schalke, we might well have tried this summer too.

Lailiani

(Sadly not) Banned
An assist for Ozil now, quality quality player. The muppet in me wants us to sign him, the type of player we need.
It's not muppetry, this thread wasn't opened today and many of us have asked for his signature for far more than a year.

I don't care for today's game, he's bloody brilliant for Bremen and he's not even anywhere near his peak. He's young, he's technically great, he's creative and he knows how to deal with pressure.

I'm not getting very giddy about most of our players, in fact I can't stand most of them and think they are massively overrated. With Özil, it's different and he's the real deal. Anyone who doesn't rate him properly (Scholesy for example) simply doesn't know anything about football.

Status
Not open for further replies.