Mesut Ozil on a free? | Orn: Ozil signs new contract worth 350k

Do you want Ozil at Manchester United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PoTMS

Only the Mirror really reporting this but I can see this one having some legs to it. How would you feel seeing Mourinho bring in his favourite number 10? I'm in two minds. I don't really rate him based on his Arsenal form but then again he played his best football under Mourinho and is decent for Germany. Still only 28 too.

izec

Will get torn to pieces here due to his inconsistency and ability to disappear, look at Mikhi and Mata for similar treatment. Good player, but i dont want him.

Abizzz

I know i'm in the minority on here, but I'd love to see it happen.

Lukaku, Rashford or Martial would all benefit hugely by being fed by Ozil.

Home&Away

I know i'm in the minority on here, but I'd love to see it happen.

Lukaku, Rashford or Martial would all benefit hugely by being fed by Ozil.
Your not at all - we are doing the same things with Mkhitarayn whilst mesut is a significantly better at doing that type of Job.

On a free or small transfer fee then yes.

cj_sparky

Definitely the epitome of work rate and desire Mourinho looks for. Will most certainly put the defensive shift that Rashford and Mata did yesterday. Sacrificing his attacking game, to put his body on the line and work for the team.........yeah right he a lazy luxury we do not need!

Better than Mata or Miki - gone stale at Arsenal, but haven't so many players over the past decade? Would be a very good addition.

MeUnited

Griezmann on the right, Ozil behind Lukaku. Bale on the left. I'll take it. When's Ramos coming too?

izec

I can see this happening. Ozil played his best football at Madrid under Jose.
Yes, same manager, but totally different team and league. Plus players change over time. Mata for example was brilliant at Chelsea, not as good for us. He started his career at Arsenal on fire, then showed inconsistency, frustration and brilliance at the same time. I would still take Griezmann for 80m any day of the week over Özil on a free.

haram

Would be an excellent signing on a free. Still a very good player, Wenger is wasting him.

MeUnited

Yes, same manager, but totally different team and league. Plus players change over time. Mata for example was brilliant at Chelsea, not as good for us. He started his career at Arsenal on fire, then showed inconsistency, frustration and brilliance at the same time. I would still take Griezmann for 80m any day of the week over Özil on a free.
Mata has never played at number 10 for us. Hardly a fair comparison.

LoneStar

I never notice him in the big games for Arsenal. I highly doubt he'll be happy as a squad player too. We already have a frustrating player in Mikhi, no need to add more of those. Besides, Im assuming Griezmann will be joining us next summer. We'll be overloaded with 10s.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Doesn't really fit here at all. Excellent creative number 10 when he's at it, but the other shortcomings in his game are just too severe to compensate for in our current squad.

Then again, the change of environment and a fresh start could revitalise him, just like it seems to have done for Matic.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Only way I want this to happen is if him and Sanchez are secret lovers and one won't come without the other.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Really wanted us to get him after the 2010 World Cup. He went to Madrid for pennies too and he was incredible there. Wasn't Ronaldo pissed that they sold him? Or was that Di Maria? Or both?

He's bloody annoying to watch for Arsenal though. I don't know how I'd feel about it.

Needham

He's a prancing tit but you've got to admit he's got a hell of a feck all on him.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Will get torn to pieces here due to his inconsistency and ability to disappear, look at Mikhi and Mata for similar treatment. Good player, but i dont want him.
He is a CHASM better than both of those two.

izec

Mata has never played at number 10 for us. Hardly a fair comparison.
There are a lot of variables playing a role, same goes for Özil. He wasn consistently brilliant for Germany either in the last few years, despite having the same environment, position, coaching staff and players. Sometimes a player just isnt on the same level anymore. Özil shouldnt be judged mainly on his Real Madrid form, but on his Arsenal one and recent Germany one.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I never notice him in the big games for Arsenal. I highly doubt he'll be happy as a squad player too. We already have a frustrating player in Mikhi, no need to add more of those. Besides, Im assuming Griezmann will be joining us next summer. We'll be overloaded with 10s.
Sell Miki. He's less consistent than Nani and people all agree that he needed to go.

Ozil is far better.

izec

He is a CHASM better than both of those two.
i never said he was better or worse, just the player he is. I can only really say if he is better or worse once he plays for us and we can micro analyse his performances in our team. That he is a frustrating player and disappears in games is no secret, unless you are a fanboy.

Member 90887

My first reaction was one in the mould of 'Hell No'. but it doesn't hurt on a free.

As Mata is playing mostly on the right, i would say that we're light in the 10 area, and it would give some competition to Mkhi.

UnrelatedPsuedo

Is he really? He used to be miles better. But the current version of him is not better than these two.
Arsenal football club allows players to grow lazy.

Sanchez, Ramsey, Ozil, Walcott, Giroud... transplant them elsewhere and they never look back.

He's 28. A better player than he was at Madrid but he's languishing. He's a phenomenal footballer. I'd let Miki and Mata leave on a free to get him here. Hyperbolic but close to true.

InfiniteBoredom

No thanks.

Have regressed under Wenger and was never great for Madrid in big games to begin with (bar a game against Barca where he played on the right).

Kapardin

He's an upgrade on Mkhi as he would really step it up under Mourinho. Its' just that Wenger can't get the best out of him.

But assuming we sign him and Griezmann, where would the latter play? On the wing? He's better as SS imo.

Footballsaurus

Sell Miki. He's less consistent than Nani and people all agree that he needed to go.

Ozil is far better.

Seems like Mesut is posting here now.

Both Mata and Mhki are better. He is just reaching for MU to save his career. I don't even think he gives a shit about Mourinho or MU. Where is he gonna go after Arsenal? His only chance is trying to leverage Mourinho to salvage failure at Arsenal.

izec

He's an upgrade on Mkhi as he would really step it up under Mourinho. Its' just that Wenger can't get the best out of him.

But assuming we sign him and Griezmann, where would the latter play? On the wing? He's better as SS imo.
Well, i guess we wont buy the two, unless we sell Mata or Mkhi. The speculation is only there because of him playing for Jose in the past and leaving on a free. For all we know Jose couldnt care less about him.

AndyJ1985

He pisses me off when I watch him play for Arsenal, and I enjoy seeing them fail. I'd pull my hair out if he were a United player.

NinjaFletch

I've always thought he has been indulged at Arsenal and simply hasn't been pushed enough by Wenger hence his lacklustre returns.

If Mourinho thought he could get the best out of him again I wouldn't be opposed, but I wouldn't be surprised if Özil took the easy way out.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Really wanted us to get him after the 2010 World Cup. He went to Madrid for pennies too and he was incredible there. Wasn't Ronaldo pissed that they sold him? Or was that Di Maria? Or both?

He's bloody annoying to watch for Arsenal though. I don't know how I'd feel about it.
Yeah, Ronaldo was pissed when Ozil was sold as they linked up perfectly. Didn't he have the most assists in Europe during his 3 year Madrid stint under Mourinho?

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Hope not.

I find him infuriating to watch playing for Arsenal so seeing him in a United shirt will possibly be the end.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Mkhi is a ball carrier, something that's essential in this team. Ozil isn't so of we were replacing Mkhiki, it would need to be someone that fulfils that role.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads

“He was the player who best knew my moves in front of goal... I'm angry about Özil leaving.” - Ronaldo

“Ozil would be the very last player who I would sell from Real Madrid, if it was up to me. I don't understand this. - Ramos

Yeah, Ozil. 27 out of his 81 assists to Ronaldo alone in 3 seasons. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.