Mesut Ozil on a free? | Orn: Ozil signs new contract worth 350k

Do you want Ozil at Manchester United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoo

It was obvious though a second season without CL is a realistic possibility for him. They've rightly had to pay top whack to keep him.

Jev

Good news for us. Not much better than Mata and not a very disciplined player. Wouldn't have been worth his wages.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Maybe they pushed Sanchez out so as to afford Ozil's wages. They probably couldn't afford to keep both and took a gamble on the one they felt was more likely to stick around for a while.

Cliche Guevara

Ozil you nutter! What is he thinking?

Poor old Micky (and Raiola) slumming it on £180k per week. If only they’d held on another seven days. Maybe time for a renewal?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Good news for us. Not much better than Mata and not a very disciplined player. Wouldn't have been worth his wages.
He's much better than Mata though that being said I never saw signing both Sanchez and Ozil as a possibility nor a requirement so like I said before if Ozil is staying its because he doesn't have any other offers

Zoo

Won't this destabilise the dressing room? Maybe Ballbag can find out.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation

Poor old Micky (and Raiola) slumming it on £180k per week. If only they’d held on another seven days. Maybe time for a renewal?
Yeah it’s Raiola I really feel for here. Poor fella, within touching distance of the prey, then it buggers back down the hole. The frustration! I guess he will be going on a burger spree to make himself feel better.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I think that Arsenal is perfect for him. Ozil-Mkhitaryan-Welbeck is the typical spineless forward line

IRELANDUNITED

Were no big clubs seriously interested in him? Or were none prepared to off the wages Arsenal did? Seems like the only logical reason he would sign an extension

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I guess now we'l see posts about how he's crap etc.

As a German and Ozil fan, pissed that he's staying at that wretched club where he won't win any major trophies. Apparently signing Aubamayeng was the catalyst, atleast he could bloody wait to see if Aubamayeng even works well.

DanClancy

Signing Sanchez looks an even better deal now, there's not a great deal of difference between what their both earning if Ozil is on 350k a week.

RyRoc

Arsenal fans I knew were expecting this to happen. My assumption is he doesn't want to leave London and zero chance of him moving to another london club so he's best off staying put for at least one more season to see if the club can turn it around with the new signings.
It's pretty much this. From what I've heard he wants to get married to his girlfriend and they want to settle down in England and London so from a personal point of view it makes sense for him.

Also he's getting paid more than what any other club would offer him so financially it makes sense for him.

Jig1234

Didn't want him anyway....

Ozil is just as deluded as Wenger. Does he honestly believe Mkhitaryan and Aubameyang makes Arsenal better? - They needed a GK, CB, DM and CM. Both of those signings are luxuries.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Were no big clubs seriously interested in him? Or were none prepared to off the wages Arsenal did? Seems like the only logical reason he would sign an extension
We seemed to be the only one seriously linked, though signing Alexis coupled with the form of Lingard has reduced the need for him so any interest we may have had probably went the moment we signed Alexis.

Icemav

Ozil is a guaranteed starter and is now making a whopping amount of money. If another team wants him they can pay top dollar now.

Status
Not open for further replies.