Mesut Ozil on a free? | Orn: Ozil signs new contract worth 350k

Do you want Ozil at Manchester United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

pacifictheme

Think Silva and de bruyne at city. With two very good creative players near each other it makes it a very strong channel and very hard to defend against.
So...

Matic
Pogba - Ozil
Sanchez - Lukaku - Martial

Could work but could leave us badly exposed i guess.

Scholsey2004

He was fantastic tonight, however I think Wilshere outshone him - who is also coincidentally on a free in the summer - may be more of what we need (if he can stay clear of injuries) :drool:
He was on loan at Bournemouth last season because he couldn't get a game. Not convinced by him.

Scholsey2004

A Matic, Pogba, Ozil midfield is fecking fantastic. Tie that to a Martial, Lukaku, Sanchez front line, and that’s an incredible team.

And that still leaves you with Mata, Lingard and Rashford off the bench.
And that looks far more convincing than the depth we've had since Moyes took over and dismantled the club like a kid with a screwdriver and his dads stereo.

Scholsey2004

He would be a fantastic signing. Hard to think of anyone more graceful with the ball. His technique is superb. On a footballing level I would swap Mata in a heartbeat.
Yeah, it'd be worth it to get him in quicker and get him settled into the team.

Impulse

And that looks far more convincing than the depth we've had since Moyes took over and dismantled the club like a kid with a screwdriver and his dads stereo.
To be fair, it was LVG who dismantled the squad. Moyes just completely demoralised them and finished seventh with a title winning team.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
So...

Matic
Pogba - Ozil

In the big games, we'd probably have to pick one from Ozil and Martial, but against most teams, especially at home, that'd be an incredible lineup.
Real drool worthy.

As most of us thought we had a chance with Ozil, but none with Sanchez, who knows what's bubbling for the summer.

Goku23

If he dosent sign a new contract I have no doubt he will be our for 2 main reasons Sanchez and Jose

Utd7

Wary of Juve, they love their cut rate/free deals for quality players. Although perhaps his wages would be an issue for them.

RC89

Sanchez now for Mhiki.
Ozil and Wishere for free in the summer.
Would be a lovely bit of business.
Get rid of some deadwood and perhaps one or 2 more in in July.
One can only dream.
Wilshere out of contract?

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
Sign.

Still wouldn’t be cheap due to high wages and bumper sign on but excellent value.

Add a right back and another CM and we really would look good.

kidbob

Yep. Both ready for the picking. I know the wages will be huge, but both on a free? No-brainer for me.
Rather have someone like Barella come in than Whilshere to be honest. Cracking player but I just can't trust his injury record. Ozil should be a definite signing along with another CM. If Wilshere would take a Pay as you Play deal I'd be all for it.

savais

Had a strange dream last night that Arsenal signed Fellaini on a free, and we signed Ozil on a free. And in my head, I was making sense of the comment from Jose that there should be more player swaps between the top clubs. I just hope he isnt referring to a De Gea/Bale swap.

davidmichael

Wilshere out of contract?
Man, I think he'd be such a useful player for us if he could stay fit. Good technical ability and gives everything on the pitch. If he could stay fit I think he'd be class.
Yep. Both ready for the picking. I know the wages will be huge, but both on a free? No-brainer for me.
I made a thread the other week about signing Wilshere on a free and I was shot down by virtually all. If fit Wilshere is exactly the kind of passing playmaker Xavi/Scholes type we need and although his fitness record is a concern I don’t see how it’s a risk on a free, signing both Ozil and Wilshere on frees after not paying a penny for Sanchez would be unreal.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
So...

Matic
Pogba - Ozil

Very much my thoughts also. Maybe sign Dier as well and that makes our spine very strong and well covered. One of the forwards hit the bench if needing midfield stiffening.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
My hunch is: that deal is done already. He will be leaving, but I don't expect to see him at United.

midou

I think if Jose wants him, hes ours. Would be funny to sign Arsenal's top 3 players in recent years.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
January or summer?
Summer. Wenger has more or less said they have made him an offer, essentially a wage increase. They want him to stay. It's up to him. Wenger himself has probably only a season or so to go. Would Jose want Ozil at United? I have some doubts about that.

ravi2

I don't think we really need a player like ozil, I think he will end up in Turkey if he doesn't resign for arsenal

Hansa

I don't think we really need a player like ozil, I think he will end up in Turkey if he doesn't resign for arsenal
Turkey? You expect a 29-year-old German world cup winner to turn down offers from Premier League clubs, Bundesliga, and probably Spanish, French and Italian clubs for Turkey? I know he's of Turkish descent, but come on.:)

ravi2

Turkey? You expect a 29-year-old German world cup winner to turn down offers from Premier League clubs, Bundesliga, and probably Spanish, French and Italian clubs for Turkey? I know he's of Turkish descent, but come on.:)
From what I read he was on the market last summer and the only club that were in for him was a Turkish club.
Perhaps his salary demands make him tough to sell

ti vu

From what I read he was on the market last summer and the only club that were in for him was a Turkish club.
Perhaps his salary demands make him tough to sell
You think suddenly Turkish clubs would afford his wage demand now? Sign on fee is needed too.

Pace Abuser

We don't have a playmaker who's creative in the team, further up the pitch. Pogba for all his creativity isn't someone who will dictate play. We need Ozil on the right wing drifting inside doing what Mata doors at the moment. Mata plays because he's able to retain possession well, Ozil would take that to a higher level and allow the goal getters to do their thing with him pulling strings.

ravi2

We don't have a playmaker who's creative in the team, further up the pitch. Pogba for all his creativity isn't someone who will dictate play. We need Ozil on the right wing drifting inside doing what Mata doors at the moment. Mata plays because he's able to retain possession well, Ozil would take that to a higher level and allow the goal getters to do their thing with him pulling strings.
I think Sanchez will end up on the RW and Martial LW. I dont see a spot for Ozil in this squad, especially if Jose switches to a 4-3-3

Status
Not open for further replies.